FOURTEEN

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

After Jamie grabbed what she needed, she and Jonghyun disappeared into the bathroom conserving water by showering together. Once the two were finished Jonghyun threw on a pair of jeans and a black sleeved buttoned shirt while Jamie threw on a pair jogging pants and a t-shirt borrowed from her boyfriend. "You look cute wearing my clothes" Jonghyun complimented her hugging her from behind. "And they fit" she sing-songed turning around to kiss the hottie on the lips. "Here" he added pushing his brush in her hand. "You can use it to brush your hair. There is no need to use your hands". "You sure this is okay?" Jamie asked not sure if she should use his brush or not despite of being his girlfriend. "Would I offer you to use it if it wasn't? I'll be in the kitchen if you need me" Jonghyun smiled ily kissing her before he walked out of the bathroom. Jamie took a look in the mirror and let out a heavy sigh. Eleven days passed already and she still found everything that happened so far hard to believe. After she finished brushing her hair she met with everyone else in the kitchen again where Misa was waiting fully dressed as far as that was possible. "You sure you don't want to shower?" Key asked looking at Misa who shook her head. "No it's okay, I want to take a shower in the hotel, but thanks. And thanks for borrowing me something to wear for tonight" she smiled moving her eyes between all the guys. "Good luck with your concert in Brazil" she added hugging Minho, Key, Taemin and Onew before leaving. "Thank you! We'll have to hang out when we get back" Onew insisted. "Have fun on your date!" Minho smiled watching the three of them leave. "Bye guys!" Misa waved walking out of the apartment followed by Jamie and Jonghyun who closed the door behind him shut and took Jamie’s hand in his as they were leaving the building.

 

After taking the elevator they reached Jonghyun's car crossing the parking lot. "Ladies first" he smiled letting Jamie and Misa get in first before he did and started the engine as soon as the doors were all closed. Finally at the hotel, Jonghyun parked his car nearby and followed the girls inside earning some strange glares from the employees behind the reception desk. "I'm gonna go. I guess I'll see you too when you're back?" Misa smiled ready to excuse herself and get ready for her date once the elevator stopped on the desired floor. Jonghyun nodded. "I'm pretty sure about that" he chuckled. "Have fun on your date!" "Thank you" Misa smiled waving at her boyfriend before disappearing into the hotel room closing the door behind her. "I guess I'll see you in a bit?" Jonghyun whispered taking a few steps closer biting his lip. Jamie nodded in agreement "You will. Just give me a little" she whispered back before he gently kissed her lips. "I'll be waiting in the car okay?" and gave her one more kiss before he turned around taking the elevator back down to the ground floor.

 

Jamie unlocked the door and walked in diving into her suitcase to grab something to wear for today while Misa was taking her shower. Once she was finished taking her shower and fully dressed she walked out of the bathroom finding Jamie watching a little bit of TV and clearly changed into a new clean outfit. "Don't you have to go out with your boyfriend?" she asked surprised on what Jamie was still doing here. "Are you sure it is okay for me to leave? Because I can wait until Yonghwa gets here" Jamie asked to make sure not wanting to make her friend feel bad or abandoned. "It's okay. He will be here in an hour or so. I'll have some time to get ready and you definitely don't have to make your boyfriend wait all this time. If something is wrong, I'll call you" she convinced her. Jamie let out a sigh knowing she was right "Okay okay. Just please call okay?" and hugged her best friend as if she were never going to see her again. She might be mature and her best friend, but she was also like a sister to her and Jamie was a bit protective and worried at times. "Don't worry about me. I'm in good hands right?" Misa smiled pulling away from the hug after hugging her bestie back. "Besides, I can totally kick his If I need to" she joked afterwards making Jamie laugh. "Well then have fun at your date and enjoy every single second of it okay?" "Unni I will. Can you please stop worrying" Misa chuckled while she grabbed Jonghyun's clothes and her purse before she headed out of the door and turned around. "Call if you need something". "Will you just go already" Misa shrugged pushing Jamie out of the room and waved while she waited for the elevator to come up again. Jamie waved one more time before disappearing into the elevator while Misa closed the door behind her.

 

MISA'S POV

You let out a sigh before a wave of nervousness was washing over you. "I need to do my hair" you panicked searching for your brush and finally found it after looking for it for five minutes. You usually are fast in finding your stuff, but somehow Yonghwa is making you so nervous that you had a hard time to remember where you put your own things. Once you were finished doing your hair and applied a little strawberry chapstick on your lips, there was a knock on the door that startled you. Was it he? The thought only itself that Yonghwa was standing in front of the door made your heart beating pick up speed. You quickly took a last look in the mirror to make sure you weren’t going to make a fool out of yourself before you opened the door and found a forever smiling Yonghwa who was looking extremely good today. A pair of black jeans and a sand colored v neck t-shirt exposing his chest a little was making you more nervous. Why did he have to be so good looking in the first place? It's intimidating. "Good morning" Yonghwa started flashing one of his cute smiles that could make every girl in the universe turn to jelly, especially you and surprised you with a kiss on your cheek. You blinked your eyes feeling your cheeks turn red. Was this really necessary? "Hii" you smiled nervously trying to avoid eye contact, again. There was something about his eyes. His eyes were so captivating it made you uncomfortable. Afraid that you might actually develop feelings for him you can't control and that he actually might feel the same? "Are you ready for our date?" Yonghwa asked thinking it was cute that he managed it again to make you blush. You nodded and quickly rushed into the room to grab your handbag and closed the door behind you.

 

Yonghwa didn't say much and took your hand in his instead once you walked out of the hotel. "Where are you taking me?" you asked nervously. You had no idea what was awaiting you nor had any idea what he had in mind for a date, but you sure were curious about it. "I'm not going to say it just yet. You'll have to trust me on this one" he smirked making you even more nervous than you already were. Trust him? Did he plan something dangerous? "No really, where are you taking me?" you asked once more dying to find out what he had up his sleeves. "You'll see when we get there" Yonghwa smirked squeezing your hand to convince you to trust him. Both you and Yonghwa didn't walk far and stopped next to his car. "How about we go for a little drive?" he smirked after he opened the door ready to let his date in before himself. You just blankly stared at him at first before you were awaken from your gaze and stepped in. Yonghwa closed the door behind you and walked around the car and stepped behind the wheel. You couldn't stop smiling for the fact that Yonghwa did not give anything away on the date which was making you excited and anxious at the same time.

 

After driving for at least twenty minutes, Yonghwa pulled over parking his car on the big parking lot near a big industrial looking building. You stepped out closing the door behind you squeezing your eyes together blinded by the sun leaving you with even more questions on what the date was going to be. Anxious, yet curious you stepped out of the car while Yonghwa locked the car and met back with you on the other side of the vehicle. "Let's go" he smiled cutely taking your hand in his again guiding you into the building and apparently. They weren't the only ones in for an active date filled with adrenaline. Entirely clueless as you were at first, you soon realized it wasn't going to be an ordinary date and you liked that idea somehow. "Now can you guess where we are?" Yonghwa interrupted your deep thinking giving him a surprised look. "Ah, actually, no! But can you at least tell me now? We're going to do something sporty?" you smiled excitedly. "Perhaps. You like sports?" he asked trying to figure out your feels on some sporty activity. You nodded "I do actually" you confessed and gave Yonghwa a hopeful look desperate for a clue or even better, for a real answer. "We're here to do some climbing" Yonghwa confessed with the iest smile on his face he hasn't shown you before throwing you somewhat off guard. "Climbing?" you asked a little dumbfounded. "A little wall climbing?" Yonghwa added. Your eyes grew big. "Climbing? Oh my god, really?" Yonghwa gave you a surprised look not expecting such an anticipating reaction and started to laugh. "Tell me. Is that a good thing?" he asked somehow a little intimidated by a girl for once. You nodded excitedly "Yea! I have always wanted to try it and I do enjoy rock climbing, so yea. How did you know I like these sporty things?" Yonghwa chuckled. "I don't know really, but to me you seem to be an adventurous type. Someone that likes to have fun. Someone who likes to be outdoors. Am I right?" You couldn't believe how accurate he was. Was he secretly a mind reader? Or maybe he had some mystic powers nobody knew about except himself?

 

"Interesting" you mumbled while Yonghwa bought entrance tickets for the two of you to go inside. "Eh, I am not exactly dressed for wall climbing" you reminded your date who seemed to have thought of everything. "That's perfectly okay, because they have climbing shoes for rent here and I got us some water" Yonghwa smiled flashing two bottles of water he magically took out of the backpack he took out of the trunk earlier. "Let's get us some shoes" and dragged you along by your hands. After they received their shoes and threw them on they headed into the enormous looking climbing space. Small walls, big walls, everything they could imagine. "This place is huge" you exclaimed looking around slowly following Yonghwa. While you were concentrated looking around, admiring the big walls, you didn't notice that Yonghwa stopped in his tracks resulting you bumping into his chest. You flashed a nervous smile "Sorry?" Yonghwa shrugged thinking it was cute the way your cheeks turned a light shade of red. "It’s okay" he whispered tucking your hair behind your ear and stared purposely in your eyes without blinking knowing that would make you nervous. 'Dear mother of god' you squealed in your mind 'Don't look at me like that'. "Ready?" he suddenly interrupted the stare that startled you. Embarrassed you looked away pretending you were all cool. "Let's climb" you cheered picking up the pace heading towards one of the big walls covered with colorful stones. Yonghwa shook his head and followed you dropping the backpack at the side near the wall.

 

"You need this if you climb. No way I let you get up there without this" he reminded you flashing the safety leash worried about your safety. "Right" you whispered feeling somewhat embarrassed you almost started climbing without. "I almost forgot" and buckled yourself secure just like Yonghwa did. "Now we're at it, let's see who's at the top first?" you bravely challenged him. Yonghwa chuckled in amusement as if he would lose from a girl. "You don't need to warm up?" You shook your head "No I don't. Wait maybe we do. Let's do this wall first when we're done, we'll try a next and then who reaches the top first will be treated for ice cream. Chocolate ice cream" you added boosting with confidence. "Someone's feisty" Yonghwa chuckled at your words ready to climb the wall while you were already at it. "You coming?" you shouted with a big smile on your face. "You have no idea what you're dealing with" Yonghwa laughed taking off. Wall climbing might seem to be easy peasy when you're looking at it, but it took you and Yonghwa at least twenty minutes to reach the top and come back down to solid ground. Catching your breath you took a ten minute break before heading to the next wall that was slightly bigger and the gaps clearly wider. With confidence both you and Yonghwa stood there at the foot of the wall looking at each other ready to play. "Remember the ice cream" you sing-songed teasing him a little feeling pretty confident he was going to have to buy you some. "You sure about this?" Yonghwa asked while you just nodded confidently.

 

"Go" you added calling the shots while you started making your way up the wall like little lizards. "Who would have thought I had to use gymnastics to do this" Yonghwa mumbled loud enough for you to hear who couldn't stop laughing. "You're going to give up?" you teased playfully looking down since he was slightly behind you. Yonghwa shook his head "No, but thank you for feeling sorry for me" he teased you suddenly taking his lead. "Hey! You were distracting me" you pouted shocked by his game spirit. "I'm still going to beat you" you convinced him and yourself and did your best to catch up. What looked so impossible for Yonghwa to do, seemed to be so easy for you when finally after thirty minutes you reached the top wiping the sweat from your forehead. "I told ya" you reminded your date who clearly got beat by a girl. Yonghwa found it amusing and shook his head laughing. "I guess this means, I'll have to buy you ice cream" he panted slowly going back down the wall followed by you. "Yes you do" you sing-songed finally making it back to solid ground safely. "So how does it feel?" she sighed catching her breath taking the bottle of water from Yonghwa who sat himself next to you on the safety mat. "What can I say? You were a worthy component" he smiled cutely taking a few big sips from his water. "Hey you did not so bad yourself" you confessed slightly blushing after you swallowed down your water.  After catching breaths for ten minutes and refueling yourselves with some fluid, you decided to call it a day, at least for the wall climbing that is. "I hope you're hungry?" Yonghwa asked slinging the backpack over his shoulder. "I am actually. This kind of workout makes you hungry" you replied following Yonghwa outside after you dropped off your hired shoes and threw on their own.

 

Back in the car Yonghwa stepped on the gas ready to go back into the city of the living having something else in mind requiring grocery shopping. "Since the other guys are not around today and spending time with their family and friends, I kind of forgot to do groceries. You mind buying some veggies and fruits at the market?" he asked carefully glancing to his right. You flashed a smile. "Of course I wouldn't mind. What do you plan on making though?" you asked out of curiosity avoiding direct eye contact. "I was thinking of making homemade pizza. What do you think?" Yonghwa asked while he looked back at the road in front of him looking for a place to park his car. "It sounds delicious. What kind of pizza do you plan on making?" you asked looking back at your hands that were resting on your lap. Yonghwa quickly peered to his right again. "Want to help?" totally ignoring your question. "Ah I am a really bad cook" you confessed. "I am not sure if that is a good idea". "I am pretty sure it isn't as bad you claim it to be" Yonghwa smiled and parked the car somewhere nearby. "I really am the worst cook you’ve ever met" you chuckled while you stepped out of the car and closed the door behind you shut. Yonghwa shook his head. "Somehow I found that hard to believe" and stepped out as well locking the car. "Okay, you can show me how bad you really are. But first things first. A promise is a promise. I'll treat you for ice cream" he added changing the subject. "The best ones that is". "Oh really?" you chuckled not quite convinced just yet. "You'll see and you'll agree with me" Yonghwa assured you taking your hand in his taking you to a small luxury looking ice salon down the block.

 

Once you and Yonghwa both walked in, a bell echoed through the salon. It was pretty quiet with only a customer or two inside. Maybe this was a hidden treasure of the city? "How can I help you" a lady smiled friendly at the both of you as soon as you stopped in front of the counter. "I'd like to have two cups with three scoops each please" Yonghwa smiled reaching for his wallet in the back pocket of his jeans. "What kind of flavors would you like" the lady then asked holding a silver ice cream spoon ready to fill the cups. "Eh chocolate I guess?"  Yonghwa bluntly replied looking to his left where you were studying the flavors displayed behind the glass. "Misa?" he chuckled trying to get your attention. "Oh!" you giggled "I wasn't paying attention" and looked up at the tall Yonghwa standing right next to you. "Chocolate?" he repeated himself. You gave a clear nod tucking away your hands under your armpits. "One specific chocolate taste? We have four different chocolate flavors" the lady informed the both of you wandering her eyes back and forth. "One scoop of each then" Yonghwa replied clearly not doing his math. "Four scoops each?" the lady asked just to be sure since he wanted all four of them. "I'm sorry" he apologized. "I said three scoops earlier, but four is good too. Thank you". The older lady chuckled in amusement. "You know what? That new taste we have, I will just give that as a bonus to try" the lady smiled scooping balls from all four chocolate flavors available and filled the glass cups putting them on the counter. "Makes it $7,50 please". '$7,50 for ice cream? Is he crazy? Does it have gold hidden in them somewhere?' you mumbled inside your head thinking your date was a big spender.

 

Yonghwa took out a 10 dollar bill and placed it on the counter gesturing the lady to keep the change. "Let's have a seat" he insisted putting the two crystal cups on a small table near the window. "This sure looks tasty" you cheered taking one of the spoons out Yonghwa's hand who was handing you one. "It looks so exclusive and expensive though. It's like a sin to be eating this" you confessed while you looked down at the ice cream doubting if you should eat it or not. Yonghwa smiled digging his spoon into his ice cream "I agree it's a little pricy, but this ice cream and the flavors are all house made. It's hard to find good handmade ice cream these days" and fed himself with a bit of chocolate chip. "Don't just look at it. Eat it" he joked referring to the hesitant Misa sitting in front of him. Oh what the hell! Ice cream is made to eat otherwise it'll melt. After hesitating for a few seconds also you dipped your spoon into one of the rich chocolate flavors in front of you. "Wow! Just wow" you murmured finding it hard to believe how tasty and good it was. Now you understood why it was so pricy. "This really is...probably the best ice cream I ever had" you confessed taking another spoonful enjoying the extraordinary sensation melting on your tongue. "I am so going to miss this city. It's your fault!" you pouted releasing another sigh. "You're referring to the ice cream? Or are you going to miss me?" Yonghwa smirked taking a small bite of ice cream from the spoon. "Why did you have to let me try this? It's not fair" you murmured totally ignoring what he said. "Look at this way. You'll have a very good reason to come back sometime" Yonghwa sing-songed looking at you as you were dipping your spoon back in the creamy dark chocolate flavor in front of you. "I hardly doubt it" you sighed meeting your eyes with his. "But I would really love to" and forced a smile. Yonghwa wasn't sure what to think, but something you were not telling him that made you look a bit disappointed. No matter how bad he wanted to know, he decided not to ask just yet. Maybe some other time.

 

Once you finished your bowls having a random chat about the birds and the bees, you decided to head to the market because Yonghwa had some ingredient shopping to do after all. Yonghwa put the crystal bowls on the counter and thanked the lady before he left the salon together with you. "Where are we headed?" you asked not sure where to go even though the market would be somewhere near. Talking about bad navigation. If one thing, you really had a bad sense of direction and never really knew where you were no matter how often you visited a place. "We're heading that way" Yonghwa smiled making a gesture to the bunch of people in front of you resting his hand on your back. "It all smells pretty good here. So this is where you buy your veggies?" you asked while you passed a couple of stands just like dozens of other locals. Yonghwa nodded "I come here every now and then, but not every day. Usually our housekeeper is doing the groceries for us and she happened to tell me this is the best place to find quality vegetables". "I see" you smiled. "You guys are so busy though. Don't you ever wonder what you would have become if you weren't in a band and a singer in general?" "That's a good question" Yonghwa chuckled. "I don't know really. I probably would have been a businessman or something" he joked while he stopped looking at broccoli. "What do you think? Will this do?" you just blinked your eyes looking a bit lost with the sudden subject change. "For the pizza I mean. Do you like broccoli on it?" "Sure" you smiled uncomfortably. "I think that will do". "Good" he chuckled ending up buying broccoli, tomatoes, paprika, cheese, apples, onions, corn and what not else. Everything needed for the pizza. "I think we've got everything" Yonghwa smiled carrying around the plastic bags as both he and you walked back to his car ready to go home.

 

As soon as they arrived at the CNBlue dorm again, you put the plastic bag with apples on the table while Yonghwa placed his bags on the kitchen counter unpacking all the vegetables for the pizza. "This is really embarrassing, but what do you need me to do?" you asked feeling such an idiot that you don’t even know how to begin to make a pizza. "You could start with the paste for the pizza bottom" Yonghwa smiled while you were just blinking at him why on earth he had that confidence to let you do that. "Okay" you mumbled taking the big plastic bowl staring at it. "Geesh, I told you. I am not made for this". "Look, all you have to do is throw everything that's in front of you into this bowl. The flour, the sugar, the salt, olive oil and this amount of warm water" Yonghwa instructed you putting the measuring cup with the right amount of water in front of you. "I think I can manage that" you started with confidence emptying the flour with the salt in the plastic white bowl. "Don't get angry with me when I mess it up. I warned ya". Yonghwa giggled in amusement. "Honey, you will not mess it up. You can't do much wrong here. Trust me" he flashed a smile mixing the sugar, yeast and a bit of the warm water into a smooth fluid kind of paste. "And this goes right in here" he smiled emptying the little bowl in the big one "Add the oil and the rest of the water and mold it all into one piece".  "Mold?" you asked surprised looking up at Yonghwa. "That's what I said" he shrugged "With your hands". "My hands? Is this is a joke?" you added not believing how you could possibly make it into a good paste using your bare hands. "Yes your hands" he chuckled and took your hands in his pressing them into the sticky mass inside the bowl. "AH! Why’d you do that?" you pouted not entirely sure what to think of all the ingredients sticking to your fingers. "That's how you do it. Gently and easy" Yonghwa whispered creating a sudden silence between you as you were staring each other in the eyes. 'No this can't be happening' you whispered inside your head while your heart started beating uncontrollably making you somewhat uneasy. It got so tense all of a sudden that if it were a movie the next move would be the kiss, but that was not really happening.

 

"I think it's okay this way" Yonghwa added breaking the awkward silence taking his hands out of the bowl washing his hands clean under the faucet. You awkwardly looked away trying to cool off from the atmosphere filling the kitchen. While you continued to mold the pizza paste until it was good enough to roll it out on the kitchen counter with a roller. That you knew how to do, so you thought. Clearly distracted by earlier Yonghwa occupied himself cooking the broccoli and corn while cutting the tomatoes, onions and paprika to decorate the pizza with. After a little fifteen minutes you managed to make the paste good to go and rolled it out onto the baking tray. "Actually that looks pretty good" Yonghwa complimented your molding skills. "Is it okay?" you asked not entirely convinced of his words. "You did good. Really" he complimented you once more making you slightly blush. While some veggies were being cooked and the rest of it chopped, you and Yonghwa took a small break sipping on some self-made lemonade.  After a small well deserved break the broccoli was finished cooking as well as the corn so that you could cut this as well and start decorating the pizza. It looked kind of messy, but maybe it came out just right when it was entirely baked in the oven. "I never really got to ask how long you and your best friend are staying in Seoul for?" Yonghwa asked while you were relaxing on the couch in the living room. You chuckled "Ah we planned twenty one days and somehow I still feel that is short for some of us. Actually for me too" you confessed with a smile on your face. "But why on earth Seoul? I am pretty positive there are greater places than this city. At least that's my opinion" Yonghwa smirked dying to find out your reasons of visiting his home country.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]