NINETEEN

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

“Food!!” Minhyuk cheered as soon as he heard the door of the dorm close and the smell of food welcoming everyone’s senses and clearly making everyone hungry instantly. Jamie helped Jungshin and Hongki setting the table, while Yonghwa, Jaejin and Misa spread the food out on the table. “I am starving” Minhyuk exclaimed as a hungry tiger as if he nearly starved to death. “We can’t all just gather around the table” Jonghyun shrugged. “How about everyone just grab a plate and serve themselves with whatever is on the kitchen table and sit down in the living room. We can eat there. We’ll make space” Minhwan suggested. “He has a point” Yonghwa agreed. “Ladies first” Minhyuk smiled handing a plate to Jamie and Misa. “You guys are too nice” she smiled. “You noona’s need to eat well” Minhyuk convinced the both of them. Both Jamie and Misa started to put some rice, kimchi, vegetables and everything tasty on their plate sitting down in the living room. “Is it good?” Yonghwa asked sitting down next to Misa while she just fed herself some rice with veggies. “Misa nodded holding her hand in front of . “Good” he smiled digging into his own plate to feed himself some kimchi and rice. Once everyone had enough Misa and Jamie both decided to help out Jonghyun in the kitchen to rinse the plates and put everything away in the dishwasher while the guys of FT Island decided to head back to their dorm. “It was really good to meet you girls” Jaejin smiled giving both Jamie and Misa a friendly hug. “Likewise” Jamie smiled and hugged all the other band members as well. “Come to our show the day after tomorrow. We’d love to see you” Hongki invited both of them. Jamie and Misa looked at one another thinking it would be fun. “Why not” they both answered in union. “See you then” Jonghoon smiled as he followed the rest of his bandmates out.

 

“Wow!” Jonghyun sighed in relief happy that the group got a little smaller. Not that he didn’t like hanging out with FT Island, but because he enjoyed his peace from time to time too. It has been quite a crowded day in the dorm after all. “Now what” Minhyuk yawned running his fingers through his hair.  “Someone looks tired” Jungshin chuckled. “That’s what food does to you. It makes you comfortable and sleepy” Minhyuk confessed and sat himself down in the couch. “How about we watch some TV or a movie? Or do you girls want to play another board game maybe?” Jonghyun suggested. “Maybe do something active? I think if I go watch a movie right now I’ll fall asleep” Minhyuk continued. “Make that two” Jamie agreed and sat herself down at the kitchen table taking a sip from her glass of water. “Alright, I’ll get out a board game.” Jonghyun smiled walking into one of the small room to get out some board games while Jungshin grabbed two more chairs to fit around the kitchen table. “You girls pick which one you want to play” Jonghyun smiled sitting down in one of the chairs Jungshin brought out. Jamie looked at the board games in front of her. She didn’t recognize any of them from home. There was Gemblo, Monopoly, Taboo, Don’t Rock The Boat, Concept? And I’m The Boss. Both Jamie and Misa wanted to do the Concept? game because it looked like it was a challenging kind of game they all could play together. After Jonghyun explained what the game was like Jamie and Misa started to play eagerly while Yonghwa was teaming up with Misa and Jonghyun with Jamie. Everything to help them out. They weren’t exactly that good with Korean language yet, although Jamie could read hangul at least bit.

 

Time flies when you’re having fun and so it did when you were playing this game. It was far past ten already before anyone of them actually noticed until Misa was startled by the thunder lightning outside. Do you really have to go out in this kind of weather? “Maybe I should walk you girls back to the dorm. It’s not too far from here” Yonghwa insisted as he was helping cleaning up the board game. “Isn’t it dangerous to go out now?” Misa asked looking at Yonghwa with big eyes. “You’ll be fine. Besides, I’ll walk you two back” he smiled with confidence. Misa nodded and got off the chair throwing her shoes back on and so did Jamie. Jamie felt more than just tired and would be happy to see a bed considering she didn’t sleep so much in the first place. “Alright, I am walking them back. I’ll be back in a minute” Yonghwa informed his roommates and buttoned his coat. “Noona, take my umbrella. You can return it when I see you again” Minhyuk insisted handing Jamie a dark grey travel umbrella. “Thanks. I promise not to break it or take off with it like Mary Poppins” she chuckled. “Deal. It was fun to hang out. See you girls soon right?” Jamie nodded “Of course. Maybe the day after tomorrow?” she suggested looking back at her bestie since she is planned for her university tour while Jamie was going to meet with several music agencies that wanted her to audition as they were looking for new choreographers. “Aren’t we supposed to see FT Island the day after tomorrow though?” Misa asked giving Jamie a confused look. Jamie nodded “Right. See I almost forgot. I need sleep” she mumbled. “We’ll see you at their show then” Minhyuk smiled at both Misa and Jamie. “Okay” Jamie smiled giving them all a hug before leaving. “Bye guys” and headed out of the door followed by Misa and Yonghwa who also said her goodbyes to the guys.

 

MISA'S POV

Jamie decided to walk ahead and let you and Yonghwa have some time to enjoy the cosines under one bigger umbrella. Yonghwa chuckled a little when you got startled by one of the thunder cracking up the skies. “You’re alright?” Yonghwa smiled looking down wrapping his arm around your shoulder. “Yea I just don’t like this kind of weather. At all”. “We’re almost there” he whispered rubbing your shoulder as you approached your hotel. Jamie turned around to face her friend and her dear date. “I’ll go ahead and go to bed. It was good to see you again. Thanks for dinner and the fun today”. Yonghwa gave Jamie a sincere smile “No problem. I am glad you had fun” and waved back while she disappeared into the hotel giving you some privacy with your crush. Yonghwa stepped in front of you holding the umbrella above your heads. “Good luck tomorrow” he smiled taking your hand in his free, big, manly hands and squeezed them. “I’ll see you soon. Get some sleep”. You nodded with a never ending smile on your face liking every single electrical shock that man gave you when he was holding your hands. “Thank you for tonight” you smiled not taking your eyes away from him. Yonghwa smiled carefully leaning in to plant a gentle love kiss on your lips. “Good night Misa”. You smiled unconsciously biting your lip. “Good night” and took charge this time stepping on your toes to kiss him on the cheek. “See you soon”.  Yonghwa smiled like no tomorrow as he watched you disappear into the hotel and stood there for at least a couple more minutes before he walked back to the dorm.

 

NO POV

When Misa walked into the hotel room looking with a never ending swooning glow on her face, Jamie was already entirely dressed in her PJ’s. “Wow Misa” Jamie chuckled stepping into the bed. “You two kissed again didn’t you?” Misa blinked her eyes “How do you know?” “It’s written all over your face. This glow suits you you know. He is doing something right to make you swooning like this” Jamie explained making herself comfortable. “Unni he is so romantic and he is so…” Misa starting letting out a sigh. “...And so romantic” she continued taking her shoes off before disappearing into the bathroom to change into her nightwear. “I am not gonna be able to sleep. My heart is beating so fast” she continued heading for bed as well. “You’re in love” Jamie sing-songed with a smile in her voice. “Yes, I think I am” her friend confessed tucking herself in under the blankets resting her head on the pillow. “I am so dreamy right now” she sighed staring at Jamie but not really. “It’s a great feeling isn’t it?” she smiled rubbing her nose. “Mhm” Misa answered and really looked at Jamie this time. “Did Jonghyun call you already?” Jamie blinked her eyes “No. He can’t possibly be in Brazil just yet. It’s at the other side of the world from here. It takes at least a day to get there” she explained. “Oh...well maybe he calls tomorrow” Misa assured Jamie rolling herself on her back. “Anyways...we should get some sleep. I have to get up at seven. Didn’t you have to get up early too?”. “I’ll get up with you. Gives me some time to find a gym to warm up my body, stretch and practice a routine” Jamie sighed. “What time are the auditions?” Misa asked turning her head back to Jamie. “Fiveish? So I have some time”. “Guess so. Well good night unni” “Good night Misa” Jamie whispered pulling the blankets over her shoulder and fell asleep faster than usual.

 

JAMIE'S POV

Just when you were fast asleep your phone next to you was buzzing. Someone was clearly calling you. Groggily you grabbed your phone and rubbed your eyelids before you saw Jonghyun’s picture appear on your screen. You unlocked the screen and picked up. “Hiii” you whispered with a groggy voice. “Hey baby...I’m sorry I woke you up didn’t I?” Jonghyun whispered sitting down next to Minho in the Burger King. “Yea, but it’s okay” you continued to whisper sitting up straight in bed and looked over to your right to see if Misa was fast asleep or not, and she was. “You’re in Rio already?” you asked sounding somewhat surprised expecting the flight to be much longer. “No, not yet. We have a stopover in Paris. The next flight will go in three hours from now or so. How do you feel?” he asked taking a sip from his soda. “I’m alright” you mumbled but something in your voice told him otherwise. Were you that transparent? “Are you really feeling okay?” “What? Why?” you answered stepping out of bed throwing on a pair of sweatpants, flip flops and tying your hair in a bun. “Jamie, I am just worried. You’ve been throwing up and what not when I left. Did you see a doctor?” Jonghyun assured you. You sighed grabbing the key of hotel room and left the room not wanting to wake up your best friend. “No I haven’t” you then confessed sitting down in a chair in the hallway near the elevators.

 

“Baby why not? Are you feeling better? Have you been throwing up still?” Jonghyun asked sounding worried all over again. “Jong!” you whispered releasing a sigh gathering courage to bring up the pregnancy conversation. You didn’t want to tell him on the phone and preferred to tell him face to face, but you would feel bad if you didn’t tell him now and wait five more days until he’s back. “We need to talk”. Jonghyun blinked his eyes wondering what you could possibly tell him that made you sound so serious. “Jamie, what’s wrong?” he whispered softly getting up from his chair walking away from the band to somewhere more private. “I…” you started nervously feeling sick to your stomach afraid of his reaction. “Jamie, whatever it is you need to tell, you can tell me” Jonghyun whispered looking outside of the big window watching planes land and take off. “I’m pregnant” you whispered starting to feel uncomfortable. Jonghyun sat himself down facing the window “Baby are you sure?” “No...I mean...yes...I don’t know” you mumbled starting to feel overwhelmed. “I did two pregnancy tests and they were both positive” you continued close to tears. You got reminded once again how scared you were about it in the first place.

 

Jonghyun let out a sigh not believing what he just heard even though a small part of him was suspecting it somehow. All the throwing up in the morning and the cramps now made sense to him. “Jamie…” he whispered calmly trying to figure out what to say. “Jong, I am scared” you sobbed lightly. It was all going so fast you weren’t even sure if you wanted to have babies in the first place. The unexpected sudden pregnancy freaked you out alright. You didn’t understand how it happened. You both have been careful enough to prevent it. Jonghyun felt helpless when he noticed you were crying and wanted to hold you more than anything else in the world. “...I’m sorry I’m not there with you right now” he whispered running his fingers through his hair. “You’re not mad?” you whispered sounding surprised wiping the few little tears from your cheeks. “Baby, no! What makes you think I’d be mad? I would never be mad at you” Jonghyun convinced you with his calm steady voice. “Jamie...this is just as much my responsibility as it is yours. Have you seen a doctor?” You shook your head as if he was there with you to see it. “No...I’m terrified. I don’t even know if I am ready to have babies just yet?! It all goes so fast” you confessed. “I know baby. I am not sure if I am ready either, but there’s nothing we can do about it now.  It happened. Planned or not” Jonghyun replied looking down to his feet. “I want to go to the doctor with you. I want to make sure you’re okay. I can’t let you leave back to Berlin not knowing these things”.

 

“Babe, I am leaving in seven days. We only have two days when you come back. How?” you mumbled not ready to leave just yet. The thought of it made your heart feel heavy. “Stay two or three more days. I’ll extend your flight. I will not forgive myself if I am not there with you. We’ll do this together”.  You couldn’t believe everything he said. His reaction turned out to be the opposite of what you expected in the first place. You realized the more how lucky you were.  He really must love you that much? You let out another sigh of relief you managed to tell him. “I wish you were here...I miss you”. “Baby you have no idea how bad I want to jump on that plane right now to see you. I miss you more than you think I do” Jonghyun assured you with the voice you missed so much. “I should let you get some more sleep. I’ll call you first thing when I land in Rio okay?” “Ohkay” you whispered more than happy you got to hear his voice. “Make sure you eat well and drink enough water”. “Forever worried” you chuckled. “But I will. Have a safe flight, because I want you back in one piece”. “Baby cakes, don’t worry about me. I’ll be back before you know it. I love you baby” Jonghyun whispered with that y voice of his. Until he said these three words you realized how bad you wanted to hear it giving you comfort somehow, but it didn’t make you miss him less. “I love you too” you whispered before hanging up. You said it and your other half finally knew. You walked back into the room again quietly closing the door behind you stepping back in the bed to catch a little bit more sleep.

 

NO POV

Jamie only had three more hours to sleep or so and felt as if she didn’t sleep at at all as soon as Misa’s alarm went off. She didn’t quite open her eyes just yet, but did when Misa was struggling to turn her alarm off hitting several things from the bedside table. “Oops” she murmured when she finally switched the sound off. Jamie on the other hand pulled the blanket over her head thinking to fall back to sleep, but that attempt didn’t last long. Before she knew it she jumped out of the bed rushing into the bathroom to throw out whatever she had left in her stomach. She found Misa sitting straight up in her bed when she walked back with a glass of water in her hand. Jamie was awake now whether she liked it or not. “Good morning” Jamie smiled taking big sips of water. “Still throwing up?” Misa asked releasing a yawn holding her hand in front of . “You’re still tired?” Jamie asked with a smile looking at her friend. “I slept too good I guess” she chuckled throwing the blankets off dragging herself to her suitcase to gather an outfit to wear for her day in the University. “I think I will keep to my morning sickness for a little while” Jamie chuckled sarcastically. “What time does the tour in the uni start?” she asked before finishing her glass of water. “It starts at 11” Misa answered pulling out a pair of white jean shorts and a pink shirt before she straightened herself. “What will you be doing? You don’t have a meeting with these companies until late in the afternoon right?”. Jamie nodded “But I will find myself a gym and spend the afternoon doing some workouts and loosen up these muscles I haven’t used since I got here. I actually need to stretch every day and I didn’t since I got here” Jamie explained diving into her own suitcase. “You have a long day then. I’ll be in the shower real quick. Is that okay?” Misa asked gathering the rest of clothes that she needed. Jamie nodded “Yea go! I haven’t even decided what to wear yet”. “Okay” Misa smiled disappearing into the bathroom locking the door behind her.

 

Jamie pulled out a pair of black leggings and a white oversized tank top with a big black heart shape in the middle. She was going to dance all day and wanted to wear something easy and light. She grabbed her phone to see if she had any new unread messages and notifications. The first thing she saw was a text message from her boyfriend: ‘Goodnight baby! Miss and love you. I’ll call you in a few hours <3 J’. Jamie smiled like no tomorrow and decided to check her mailbox and noticed Universal Music had been trying to call and left an Email begging to call back as soon as possible. Jamie checked the balance on her phone and decided to give them a call back since she had to wait to take her shower anyway. Jamie found out as soon as she called them that there was a new act they wanted her to meet and they were eager to hire her again as a choreographer. They asked Jamie to fly out to London in two weeks, pretty much four days after her vacation. Jamie explained to them she was on a break in South Korea at the moment and that she would get back at them as soon as her flight to London was final so they could make further arrangements for her stay. Once Jamie was finished with her call Misa also walked out of the bathroom completely dressed looking cute. “I like your outfit” Jamie complimented her friend’s clothes. “Thank you unni. You can go and take a shower now if you want”. Jamie nodded “Yea I’ll go so I can ride the bus with you. The weather must be really nice outside right now”. Misa chuckled “I guess so. We can also grab something to drink and to eat on the way you think?” Jamie nodded “I think that will do” she smiled disappearing into the bathroom to take her shower. After she was completely done shaving and washing her hair, she dried herself off throwing on her legging and tank top walking out of the bathroom drying her hair on the towel. “You wear leggings often?” Misa asked liking her outfit Jamie shook her head. “Not really. I only wear leggings when I am dancing and working out the entire day.  It’s the lightest and best fabric to wear for such thing” she explained. “Do you?” and looked back at her friend. Misa shook her head “No” and they both giggled and started to do their hair and prepare themselves to go out.

 

“You got everything unni?” Misa asked grabbing her phone and handbag after she threw her shoes on. Jamie nodded grabbing her bag with a towel, sport shoes and an extra tank top stepping into her flip flops checking if her wallet was in her bag and it was. “I got everything” and grabbed her phone and sunglasses. “Me too” Misa cheered putting her sunglasses on and closed the door behind her meeting Jamie at the elevator. “Do you want to eat something specific?” Jamie asked looking at her bestie. Misa sighed as they stepped in “No, not really. We can just get a healthy sandwich somewhere right? And I need something cold to drink. Like iced tea or something”. “I’ll join you on that” Jamie chuckled and walked out of the hotel as soon as the elevator reached the ground floor. “They sell the best bagels in Starbucks, we can go there?” Jamie suggested when they noticed one on the corner of the street. “We can go there I guess. As long as they have iced tea I am good” Misa chuckled and followed Jamie into the Starbucks where they both ordered a cold beverage and a bagel to go. “Mhm, I didn’t realize I was this hungry until I took a bite” Misa mumbled taking a second bite. “I told you it was good” Jamie smiled sipping on her straw enjoying her Mango Frappuccino after she put the bottle of water in her bag.

 

“And there is our bus” Misa exclaimed picking up her pace to make it to the bus. “Are you sure this is the bus we need to take?” Jamie asked running after her friend as far as she could on her flip flops. Lucky for them the bus was waiting when he noticed they were tourist. They both bowed towards the driver and thanked him for waiting for the two of them and took off again as soon as they sat down. “God it’s so hot!” Jamie whined taking bigger and bigger sips from her drinks. “I am happy that I decided to wear shorts and a shirt. And you unni wear black. Aren’t you hot?” and looked at Jamie sipping on her lemon iced tea. Jamie shook her head “It isn’t so bad really”. Jamie continued to enjoy her little breakfast while being on the bus and finished it all as soon as she got to Misa’s destination and they both got out. “Unni, I think we need to arrange for us to meet back here at this bus station. What time will you be finished with your meetings?”  She raised her shoulders. “I don’t know. I have three companies to go to, so maybe 7?” Misa nodded “Okay, then we will meet here at 7.30 and go for dinner afterwards. Let’s stay in touch via text too” Misa suggested and you entirely agreed. “Good idea. God I feel awkward for leaving you alone here. If your parents only knew” Jamie sing-songed. “They won’t know, don’t worry.  I have your phone number”. Jamie nodded “Okay good! And otherwise call Yonghwa in the worst case scenario”. Misa shrugged “Yea yea” and gave Jamie a hug. “Good luck unni. You will get new projects”. She smiled at her friend. “Thanks and you have a lot of fun. I wanna know all about it tonight okay?” Misa threw her thumbs up “Yes! Take care unni” Misa smiled while Jamie decided to wait until she was entirely sure Misa disappeared into the big university building.

 

JAMIE'S POV

You let out a sigh. “Now I need to find myself a gym” you mumbled heading back to the bus station waiting for the next best bus to take you in the direction of the center. It wasn’t easy to navigate through the city alone but you were more than happy you could read a little bit of Hangul and with a little bit of help from locals you managed to find a good gym for women. You felt good being able to work out again and decided to start with the treadmill starting with a little walk for five to ten minutes before picking up speed to do some heavy running. You felt alive and were more than happy to get back in shape because you sure were going to need it. You felt completely reborn after your little workout even though in the back of your mind you had to be careful now too, since you were pregnant. Usually you would push yourself to the edge, but there is no way you could do that right now. You glanced at your watch after you were done with your dance practice and grabbed your bag heading to the three big offices which you did not want to show up late since they were all kind of scheduled after one another. You first headed to YG Entertainment followed by SM and Cube Entertainment. They were all impressed on your resume and the small and big artist you had worked with so far. They all practically asked you to do the same thing after a conversation talking over your portfolio, improvise! Something you were good at. You were a well-respected choreographer after all. Like a lot of labels that kept hiring you, these were eager to work with you too and would get back at you as soon as possible. It has been a long day that was for sure. You were hungry like a tiger and took the bus back to meet with your best friend who should be finished with her tour at the uni by now too. After you changed your shirt you bought a bottle of water at a convenient store close by before hopping on the next best bus back heading into the direction you needed to go. While you were staring out of the window your phone started buzzing and noticed it was your boyfriend calling you.

 

“Hey” you smiled happy to know he finally reached his end destination. “Hey baby” Jonghyun smiled even though you could tell he was really tired. You couldn't blame him. You did not want to be in his shoes traveling for twenty three hours. “You arrived in Rio finally?” you smiled looking out of the window staring at all the buildings passing by. “Yea I got here in one piece. What a journey” he sighed rubbing his face happy to finally see a hotel and a proper bed. “How was your day?” he asked as he crawled onto the bed making himself comfortable ready to sleep. “It wasn’t so bad. I am just really hungry right now”. “Baby you need to eat” Jonghyun insisted you with that amount of worry in his tone. “I know I know, I will eat. I am on my way to meet with Misa right now” you convinced your overly worried boyfriend. “Good. How did the meetings go?” he asked staring at the ceiling wishing you were there right next to him. “I think it went well. They will contact me in the next days. Babe you sound tired” you mumbled feeling as if you were robbing him from his precious sleeping time which he probably needed according to the crazy schedule they had. “That is because I am tired” Jonghyun chuckled. “Do you miss me?” Your smile grew bigger “What do you think? Why are you even asking? Of course I miss you. That’s a very stupid question”. “I just wanted to hear you say that” your boyfriend giggled on the other side of the line. “Babe, I should let you sleep. You have a busy schedule, you need to rest” you reminded your boyfriend. “I know” Jonghyun yawned “But I needed to hear your voice before I will drift off to dreamland and I didn't want you to worry over me wondering if I arrived safely or not” he confessed. “Good. I'll text you later, you should sleep while you can. I don't want to be the problem for you not to sleep” you assured your boyfriend before you noticed you reached the bus stop you were supposed to meet Misa.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]