THIRTY-ONE

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

Being on the plane for nearly an hour you landed safely on the airport of Jeju Island. Both Misa and Jamie were in awe when they looked out of the window of how gorgeous it looked. Once everyone got off the plane and collected the luggage, Yonghwa and Jonghyun went to pick up the rental cars while everyone else waited outside in front of the airport. “It’s so warm. I am loving it” Misa smiled taking out her sunglasses and so did Jamie. Jamie was too happy that she wasn’t wearing shoes right now despite that she was cold earlier. No matter how tired she really felt at this point, the sun and the surroundings were making up for it. “Let’s do a selfie unni” Misa cheered while the two posed with a peace sign smiling wearing big sunglasses and took a second one where they made a funny face. “Hey what about us? We want to be in the selfie too” Minhyuk interrupted and decided to join both girls for round three as well Jungshin and Jonghyun (Lee).  The pictures looked rather funny causing all of them to laugh and leave Yonghwa and Jonghyun to wonder what was going on. “Misa was taking selfies” Jamie smiled hugging her boyfriend. “We have two cars so we need to split. Who’s going with who?” Yonghwa smiled scanning his eyes around his band members “I’ll go with Jamie noona then” Jungshin offered while Misa, Yonghwa, Jonghyun (Lee) and Minhyuk stepped into one car, and so did Jamie, Jonghyun and Jungshin. After they moved some extra luggage to their car too they were ready to make their way to the beach resort that was only a twenty-five minute drive. Both Jamie and Misa were stunned as soon as they arrived. It wasn’t just an ordinary beach house, it more looked like a villa.

 

Misa stepped out of the car and glanced up at the big villa that was three levels high. “How huge is this” she awed with her jaw nearly on the ground. “It looks so expensive” she mumbled while Minhyuk and Yonghwa loaded everything out of the car. “It’s not so bad really. We’re with seven and it just has enough rooms for all of us” Jungshin smiled swinging his bag over his shoulder. “Who is sharing rooms with who though?” Misa asked looking at Yonghwa in particular this time. “Well we thought, since the third floor all the way at the top is somewhat more private, that Jonghyun and Jamie should have that room. On the second floor there are three more bedrooms and two bathrooms we just have to figure out who’s taking which room I guess and the ground floor has an indoor pool, big kitchen, a terrace, big living room” Yonghwa explained. “Can we actually afford this? I mean it looks so luxurious and all” Misa continued as she took a second glance at the villa. “But it sure looks beautiful from here and the view is amazing”. “Don’t worry about the money. We have our connections as musicians too from time to time” Yonghwa smirked winking at her closing the trunk of the car. “Well I guess it’s time for us to check out this mansion” Minhyuk cheered in excitement. Just when the group grabbed their luggage and headed to the front door, four excited fellow SHINee members came from next door to greet the newly arrived bunch. Jamie and Misa both gave each other a confused look. “You guys have been next door all this time?” Misa asked looking even more confused than she already did. “Yes, we arrived yesterday. We’re staying up the hill right next to you in a smaller villa” Taemin smiled greeting both Jamie and Misa. “Hyung didn’t really wanted to say anything so this trip would be more fun”. “Uhuh” Misa mumbled still stunned. “Well let’s go inside and get rid of this stuff” Jonghyun (Lee) interrupted.

 

One everyone was inside everyone sat down on the big couch in the living room to figure out who was going to take which room and decide on the pairings too. “So like we discussed before, Jamie and Jonghyun will take studio up on the second floor, now we will have to decide who’s pairing up with whom on the rest of the three bedrooms on the first floor” Yonghwa started scanning around. “I think Misa should have her own room right? I mean, we just split the group in half, problem solved” Jungshin suggested. “Would that be good to you?” Yonghwa asked looking at Misa who was listening carefully. She nodded “Of course. Let me just have the smallest room then please” she insisted. “Alright so Misa will be on her own in the smallest room out of three. I honestly don’t know if it really is smaller, all the three rooms look big” Yonghwa chuckled. “It doesn’t matter. I will pair up with Minhyuk and then you and Jonghyun (Lee) can share a room. Sounds like a plan?” Jungshin suggested. Yonghwa nodded “Problem solved I guess”. “What about the food? We need to do some grocery shopping though. There is nothing really to eat and since the plan was to have a BBQ on the terrace on the first day?” Jonghyun (Lee) added. Again Yonghwa nodded “Yes, we need to send a few out to do some groceries, but first let’s make a list of what we need before we forget things” he shrugged. “Anyone has a piece of paper and a pen?” Jungshin asked but didn’t need to look for long. “I have” Misa smiled and dug into her purse to take out a notebook and a pen waiting to note every single thing they needed. “Who’s going to do the groceries then?” Jonghyun (Lee) asked waiting for anyone to volunteer. “I’ll go with anyone who’s going. I don’t think Jamie noona is going” Misa chuckled when she noticed that her best friend had her eyes closed resting her head on her boyfriend’s shoulder. “Did you guys sleep at all?” Minho chuckled. Jonghyun shook his head “No, not really. We only slept three hours in total maybe?” “Okay, then I’ll go together with Misa” Yonghwa insisted. “Key goon and I will go too” Onew insisted earning a surprised look from the diva since he wasn’t asked anything. “Can I get to say something too?” Key joked. “No it’s okay. I would suggest we go now then no?” Onew nodded “Yes”. “Well me and the others will just take the luggage to the rooms” Jungshin insisted and went ahead by bringing his own luggage up first, while Misa, Yonghwa, Onew and Key left to do the groceries.

 

JAMIE’S POV

Jonghyun kissed your head to which you opened your eyes. “I am so sleepy” you whispered. “I can’t keep my eyes open at this point”. “I know babycakes. Let’s bring our things up to our room and then we can sleep a little. How does that sound?” Jonghyun replied kissing your head one more time before you finally got up and your dear boyfriend decided to carry up the luggage. Groggily you followed Jonghyun up the stairs to the second floor where your bedroom was. “Are you sure this is our room?” you asked sounding surprised since it looked huge. King size bed, view over the ocean, a private terrace, a bathroom with a walk-in shower and a hot tub with a view looking over the mountains and nature, a big white sofa and flat screen TV. “I am definitely sure this is our room” Jonghyun smirked closing the door behind him. “It looks so gorgeous and the view…” you continued “I was serious when I needed a romantic place” Jonghyun smiled ily at you. “It is romantic. A lot of girls would envy me right now. Not just because it’s you, but real romantic guys are hard to find these days” “I’ll romance you for the rest of my life” Jonghyun confessed taking a few steps closer gently kissing your lips. “I love you” you whispered snaking your arms his waist initiating the kissing for a second time. “Let’s take a nap. I don’t want you to pass out or have to take you to the hospital again. You need your sleep a whole lot more than I do” he added with that forever worried tone in his voice. “You’ll stay with me?” you whispered running your hands down his chest. Jonghyun nodded “I need some sleep too” he whispered kissing you again before he lifted you by your hips and laid you down on the bed. “Mommy needs to sleep” he sing-songed kissing your lips while you crawled into his arms putting your feet between his. It didn’t take long for you both to finally fall asleep after Jonghyun had set the alarm for three hours later.

 

MISA’S POV

Finally at the supermarket after parking the car close by you went in with two carts expecting to do shopping for the entire army it seemed. “Let’s split up here. We go get everything for the salads and some snacks, you guys will go get the supplies for breakfast, meat and drinks” Onew suggested. Yonghwa nodded “We’ll meet you at the fruit department or something to make sure we really have everything”. “Got it” Onew smiled moving ahead with Key while you were left alone with Yonghwa, again. Why were you always left alone with him like that? Not that you were taking offense, but it felt more as if everyone did it on purpose since the day you two were caught kissing in the dorm. As you were strolling down the aisle for the drinks, Yonghwa just randomly placed some drinks in the cart looking at you “Anything you’d like to drink in particular?” he smiled biting his lip. Gosh, why did he even do that? It’s distracting. You shook your head “Just tea and water, but we already have the water so, nope”. “Are you distracted?” he whispered walking next to you more closely as he grabbed another six pack of bottled water. You blinked trying to pretend you didn’t know what he meant by that “Sorry?” “I saw you looking at me like that” Yonghwa whispered in your ear putting the bottles water in the cart to get another one. Dumbfounded you shook your head. “No I wasn’t” you lied. “You did” he sing-songed pressing your nose with his index finger.  “No I didn’t” you lied again. Yonghwa couldn’t smiling “You’re asking for trouble” he teased you putting the next two six packs of bottled water in the cart and pushed the cart further. You blinked standing there before you actually realized he was near the end of the isle.

 

“Wait up” you murmured catching up to the meat department where he was picking the best meat for the BBQ tonight. “So much meat?” she asked surprised. “Yes” Yonghwa bluntly answered getting so close in your face you’d think he was about to kiss you, but he just didn’t despite deep down inside you wanted him to. “You never had a Korean BBQ have you?” you shook your head tucking your hair behind your ear needing to catch up with him again. “But you do eat meat right?” Yonghwa asked pushing the cart that was now weighing a ton to the next aisle with all the cereals and everything else for the breakfast. “Well I guess I do eat meat, but not as often and when I do it’s usually chicken” you confessed. “But you don’t dislike it right?” you shook your head “Surprise me I would say. I guess if the meat is done well I might actually like it”. Yonghwa chuckled putting some cereal in the cart and some bread to bake as well as sandwiches. “I think we got it” “Are you sure this amount of water is enough for all of us? I mean we are with eleven all-together” you wondered as you were pointing at the cart. “If we don’t have enough we might have to go back” Yonghwa replied turning around to look at you giving you one of the most seductive smiles. Was he seducing you or something?

 

“All done?” Key smiled looking into Yonghwa’s cart. “Are you sure this is enough bottled water? We might be running out after one and half day” “Well if we need more, we need a new cart because this one is pretty full” Yonghwa chuckled. ”That’s what I said” you sing-songed teasing Yonghwa this time. “I’ll go get another cart, you stay here” Onew demanded Key while he took off to get a third cart to fill up with some more bottled water. With three full carts of groceries and a lot of bottled water, you made it through the check out and started loading everything into the car. “We have a lot you know” Key chuckled. “Well the others can help to carry this inside no?” Onew added. “They better. Diva Key is not going to carry all of this into the house. It’s their groceries too” he complained. “I think that was it” you cheered taking one of the carts back and so did Key and Onew while Yonghwa stocked the rest into the trunk, as much that was even possible, because the whole trunk was filled with bottled water and some packs of water. “It doesn’t fit?” you asked when you found Yonghwa struggling. “Wait, let me help” you insisted and made a little bit more space so that more packs of meat would fit in the trunk. “I guess we will still need to hold some of the groceries in our laps and in between” you continued. Yonghwa still insisted on driving while you sat yourself in the front next to him holding some backs between your feet and on your lap while Onew and Key had a little bit of more space left in the back to hold a few more bags too.

 

You were relieved to be back at the villa to finally get rid of all the groceries between your feet and lap so you could finally move again. “I am going to take this inside and get the rest to help us” Onew suggested as he got out of the car taking two bags of groceries with him. “You guys are back already?” Jungshin smiled. “Where is everyone else?” Onew asked looking around but didn’t see anybody. “Oh they’re on the terrace enjoying the sun. You guys need help?” he offered. “Yes please. I'll put these down and go back. Tell everyone else to help out. When everyone helps we’ll be done a whole lot faster you know” Onew chuckled. “No of course. Got it” and Jungshin fastened his way the terrace where everyone was somewhat sunbathing enjoying the good summer weather. “Okay so they’re back and it would be great if everyone can help out? It seems to be quite a lot?” Jungshin informed everyone before he turned around and stepped into his slippers to help you unload the groceries. As expected everyone present got up and helped carrying the groceries inside so you only had to walk once. Relieved you put the last bag down. “Thanks guys” you smiled and helped Yonghwa unloading the grocery bags. “What time is it?” you asked looking at the tall handsome oppa standing next to you. “It’s only around two. You’re hungry?” he chuckled with that cute smile of his. You nodded “Just a little” “Well it’s about lunchtime so maybe we can bake some breads and prepare a salad?” “Let me make some lunch for us” Key offered. “Hyung let me help too” Taemin volunteered. “See, it’s a done deal. You ask and they just volunteer” Yonghwa smirked.

 

JAMIE’S POV

You slowly opened your eyes as soon as Jonghyun’s alarm went off. You realized you were still in the same position as how you fell asleep. Did you really sleep three hours like this? “Hey” you smiled when you noticed your boyfriend staring at you. “Did you sleep alright?” Jonghyun whispered pulling you closer staring back into your eyes. You nodded “Yea I did. It was good to have this little bit of sleep. I feel a lot better too”. “Good” Jonghyun whispered rolling you on your back while he kissed you. “Mhm…did you sleep alright too?” you whispered interrupting the kiss. “I honestly slept only one and half hour maybe” he confessed. “Did I keep you awake?” you asked putting your hands around his neck. “No. How were you supposed to keep me awake honey?” he chuckled. “I am just not good at taking naps, therefore I just rather watch you sleep”. You chuckled “And you’re so cute” and made him kiss you for a second time. “Can we try out the hot tub tonight?” “You have no idea what I have planned tonight” he teased you with a never ending grin on his face. “And what do you mean by that? Hmh?” “Maybe it already involves the hot tub” Jonghyun added kissing your jaw. “Mhm, babe, maybe we should go join the others. I already feel bad we’ve been sleeping the second we got here” “They also know you were tired, so don’t worry about it” and kissed your cheek “But you’re right. It’s time for you to eat something” Jonghyun continued before he kissed you one more time and crawled off the big bed and so did you. While Jonghyun changed his clothes you were giving yourself some time to brush your hair and put a waterfall braid in it before you took out your light pink floor length printed strapless dress out of your weekend back and changed yourself.

 

Just when you stepped into your dress and adjusted it, Jonghyun sneaked from up behind and started to kiss your shoulder. “Are you trying to seduce me mister?” you chuckled grabbing his hands. “I wasn’t to, but is it working?” Jonghyun whispered in your ear before he kissed your neck. “Mhm, maybe” you smiled turning around to face that handsome guy of yours. “You look handsome, but you always do” you complimented his outfit after you checked him head to toe. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a white sleeveless t-shirt. “But you, you look gorgeous like always” and cupped your chin gently kissing your lips. “You’re ready?” Jonghyun whispered interrupting the kiss. You nodded “Yea, we’re not going anywhere right?” Jonghyun shook his head “I don’t think so. I am not sure what everyone else is planning but I guess we'll see about that as soon as we get downstairs” You grabbed your phone and followed your boyfriend down the stairs and didn’t really find anybody except for Key and Taemin in the kitchen. “Where’s everyone else?” Jonghyun asked finding Key and Taemin preparing lunch. “They’re either changing their clothes or sitting outside on the terrace. “Let me help you guys” you insisted picking up a knife and started peeling and cutting the cucumber. “It’s okay, you don’t have to” “I want to” you insisted and gave them a friendly smile. “How about I make some pizza sandwiches” you suggested. “You can actually do that?” Key asked surprised. You nodded “Yea I do it all the time with temperatures like this. It’s very easy and fast”. “I never tried but surprise us” Key chuckled. “Okay we do have sandwiches we can bake right?” Taemin nodded “All I need is tomato sauce, mozzarella, tomato and basil”. “I think we have all that. Can I help you prepare these sandwiches?” Taemin offered while he grabbed the ingredients. While Taemin cut the bread to bake in half, you were putting the tomato sauce on it as well as the slices of mozzarella and tomatoes before finishing it with a few leaves of basil. “Was that it?” Taemin asked surprised. You nodded the tomato sauce of your fingers “Yap. They are ready for the oven, but you need to pre-heat it first”. “I think it’s already pre-heated. We baked two pieces of bread already” Taemin smiled. “Well then you can put them in the oven. We made enough for everyone plus a few extra, so if they run out” you chuckled while Jonghyun joined you in the kitchen putting his hands on your hips before he the last bit of tomato sauce on one of your fingers.

 

NO POV

“Oh my god. You guys are too much” Key complained. Jamie smiled planting a kiss on her boyfriend’s lips one more time before he let you go. “We’re just very affectionate that way” Jonghyun chuckled deciding to join the rest of the group outside on the terrace. “Yea yea, I have heard that before” Key laughed finishing the salad that he made. “Well it looks like the sandwiches are finished too” Jamie cheered picking up the gloves and took out the tray with the pizza sandwiches on them. “Can one of you get me a plate or two?” “There you go” Taemin smiled putting three plates down so that Jamie could divide the pizza sandwiches onto the plates. “What is smelling so good here? It smells like pizza or something” Misa sing-songed as she came down the stairs after she changed herself in a dress that had a red top and a black skirt attached to it. “Are you making all of this unni?” Jamie shook her head “No I only made these pizza sandwiches. Key made the salad actually”. “You guys need help with anything else?” Misa asked moving her eyes between Key and Taemin before looking back at Jamie. “I think we got everything, but thanks for the offer” Key smiled. “What about lemonade? I can make some for all of us?” Misa offered “Actually, that’s not a bad idea” Jamie smiled “It would be a nice change other than to drink water the entire day” “Do we have lemon and mint?” Misa asked as she went through the cabinets to look for something to store the lemonade in. “What are you looking for?” Jamie asked hoping she could help Misa find that one think. “I was looking for some jar or something?” Misa explained and looked at Key and Taemin to see if they had a clue. “I think I saw one” Key remembered and looked through the cabinets and took out a big water jug. “I am sure you can use this” he smiled and handed it to Misa. “Thank you” Misa smiled and started preparing the lemonade while Jamie and Key brought the foods that were already finished outside. “Yah, Taemin-ah, can you bring plates?” Key shouted into the kitchen before he set foot on the terrace.

 

“Hey, there’s our food” Minhyuk cheered. “Yah you’re always hungry” Yonghwa chuckled in amusement. “Look at that, it looks yummy and it smells good too” Jungshin complimented the cooks for the food that looked pretty darn good. “The plates” Taemin sing-songed putting them down on the big table. “And we got fresh lemonade” Misa cheered putting the big water jug on the table. Of course they can’t be drinking lemonade without glasses, Jamie went back inside with Misa and Taemin to get the amount of glasses needed before also they could join the rest around the big table.  While Misa sat herself next to Yonghwa and Jungshin, Jamie sat herself down next to Jonghyun enjoying the food just as much as everyone else did. “Wow, this was amazing food” Minhyuk confessed rubbing his stomach leaning back in the chair. “And that was the best homemade lemonade I ever had” Yonghwa complimented Misa smiling cutely at her making her slightly blush “Thank you” she smiled trying to hide instead. “So what are the plans for this afternoon?”Jonghyun (Lee) asked moving his eyes amongst the group in which some were still finishing their salads or sipping their lemonade. “Well those who are up for it, we can either go to the Seonimgyo Bridge and the Jeju Folk Village Museum. Or if you guys want nature there are several mountains, there’s a cave and waterfalls. You guys name it” Onew suggested taking a sip from his water. “Depends on what you guys want to do and see”. “I’d say we go and check out these waterfalls? I think that would be nice. Maybe in combination with the Seonimgyo bridge?” Yonghwa added. Onew nodded “Something like that. Anyone else has better ideas?” “Except I am really dressed for hiking or anything” Jamie interrupted. “We don’t necessarily have to go hiking or climbing. We can just simply walk around and see a few things no?” Minho convinced her. Jamie nodded “I am in either way, I want to see this island”. “Hey what about that Gimnyeong Maze Park” Yongha suddenly remembered when he was listing things to do on Jeju. “I guess that’s a little more relaxing for the first day? And tonight we can see once we make it to the exit” Jungshin chuckled. “Yea I clearly have no sense of direction. I’ll get lost” Jamie giggled. “No you won’t” Jonghyun whispered “Because I am not going to let you wander around that maze on your own” and kissed her cheek.

 

MISA’S POV

Everyone pretty much agreed on going to the Gimnyeong Maze Park to embrace their inner child trying to find their way out and possibly compete splitting in two teams. Once the lunch was cleaned and everyone was ready to leave, they left the house and took a local bus to take them to the park. Both you and Jamie expected it to be a bit small, but it was pretty big and easy to get lost. You decided to go through in pairs instead and went in after one another with a ten minute gap. You weren’t left to choose, because Yonghwa just simply took your hand and dragged you along. Everything just to be alone with you? “Have fun you two” Jungshin teased you wiggling his eyebrows. “Hyung definitely likes Misa noona” he added as he watched you and Yonghwa off. “Are you any good at this?” Misa asked while he was still holding her hand. “Do you want me to be?” he joked. “Hey, what kind of answer is that?” you shrugged. “No, I am very serious, because I am definitely not” you confessed shortly after. “Well then I guess we will have to trust on my instincts don’t we?” he smiled ily shoving the sunglasses back up his nose before he ed one button to reveal some sort of a cleavage. You were clearly distracted. Why was he doing all of this? All of it test you to see how much you were going to take to vandalize him? That was not going to happen because you were very well in containing yourself even in luring situations like this. Just when Yonghwa was looking to his left he noticed you were looking at his cleavage instead on his face. “Do you have to tell me something?” he teased you clearly enjoying torturing you. You blinked snapping out of your daydream “Mhm, what?” Yonghwa chuckled “Am I that distracting to you?” Shyly you shook your head “No! I mean…yes…” and mentally face palmed yourself just now for speaking out loud. “Really?” Yonghwa smiled “You think I look y?” You were stunned of how shameless he was “You wish I was thinking that don’t you” you playfully shrugged. “Hey a guy like me can wish right?” “Well if you want to impress me you will have to try a little bit harder though” you continued. “Misa is fierce. I like it” Yonghwa smirked squeezing your hand a little bit planting a small kiss on your cheek. “You’re cute”.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016] PS: From left to right; Jamie's dress & Misa's dress (Click image to enlarge ^_^)