EIGHT

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

After driving for a little thirty minutes they arrived at Lotte World and parked the car as close to the entrance as possible, although that didn't quite work according to plan. There were quite a lot of cars and probably a lot of families taking their children for a day of fun. Key, Misa, Taemin and Onew stepped out of the car as soon as they were parked but so did Jamie and Jonghyun. "I can't believe we're here" Misa cheered excitedly like a child would. "Someone's excited" Onew chuckled. "I like her already" Onew smiled putting his hands on Misa's shoulders. "The line is no joke though" Misa complained. "I guess we arrived a little later than most people eh?" Taemin stated the obvious. "Yah Taemin-ah you didn't really just say that?" Key laughed making fun of the maknae following Onew and Misa who were walking ahead of the group. "Let's go" Jonghyun smiled taking Jamie's hand in his after kissing her cheek entwining her fingers with his and followed the rest to get in line to buy the tickets. Regardless of the amount of people waiting in line, it didn't take too long before it was their turn to buy. As generous as Onew was, he bought a ticket for the entire group. "Where do we go first?" Taemin cheered as soon as everyone made it through the small security gates. "I suggest we go outside first? The weather is good and there is where the big lines are" Key suggested. "Kibum is right. We have plenty of time to check the indoors" Onew agreed. "I'm fine with everything" Misa cheered throwing her hands in the air. "But can we go please?" "Let's have some fun!" Taemin cheered pulling on Misa's arm towards Magic Island.

 

"Let's go into the bumper cars?!" Taemin cheered over excited for some action. "Well at least the line isn't so big here" Key chuckled "But I don't like bumper cars". "Diva doesn't like bumper cars" Onew chuckled. "To be honest I don't like it so much either" Jamie confessed. Jonghyun gave you a surprised look. "Really?". She nodded "Rather gives me headaches and whiplash if I go in there. But you still can go. I'll watch" she shrugged. "Whoa, unni...not coming?" Misa added surprised while Jamie shook her head in answer to that. "No, but you guys can go. Just go already will you" she insisted with a big smile on her face. "Yah I like you" Key chuckled joining the sideline with Jamie. "I'm glad to be not the only one". Jonghyun kissed Jamie's cheek before he let go of her and joined the others in the small line. Taemin was so over excited he pulled Misa along into the bumper cars. "Let's fight them" Taemin cheered with an evil little smile on his face. Misa gave Taemin a confused look but she was okay joining Taemin. Instead Jamie and Key were just watching from the sideline talking as Taemin and Misa were continually bumping into Onew and Jonghyun. Jamie was more than happy to not be in there while instead Misa was having the time of her life cheering Taemin on forming a good team.

 

After the four of them came out laughing, Onew and Jonghyun were making their point to their not so little maknae that they were going to take revenge today one way or another. "Let's go over there" Onew insisted pointing at the Gyro Drop where the line was a whole lot bigger meaning the attraction was quite popular. "This time no excuses. Everyone should go in there" Taemin insisted. Misa looked a bit scared "It's so big though". "Yah Taemin-ah, you want us dead?" Key whined short after. "Taemin is right, we all should go" Onew shrugged. "Are you okay with it?" Jonghyun asked looking at Jamie not sure what to make out of her facial expression. "Well" Jamie swallowed looking up "I hate heights, but I still want to go" she insisted folding her hand in his again. "Let's go go go go" Onew smiled quite pumped to go in. Everyone followed leader Onew getting in line for the big drop of their lives. Little did they all know that they would have to wait at least an hour and fifteen minutes before it was their turn. They obviously waited so they could all fit in the same round. "You guys seriously want me dead?" Key whined once again as soon it was their turn ti sit down. "You'll be fine" Jamie chuckled feeling sorry for Key, but she couldn't help laughing about it. Probably because she was just as nervous about going on herself. "I hate heights too" she comforted the scared looking fashionista. Everyone stepped in and were buckled safe and secure slowly spinning upwards not knowing when it was going to hit bottom. "Oh my god, this is scary" Misa whined squeezing her eyes closed bidding for a good ending fearing for her life. Onew was more than amused being on a ride with four scared looking chickens. As soon as they made it to the top and fired back bottom, Jamie, Key and Misa were shouting and screaming so loud that Onew and Taemin couldn't stop laughing as soon as they made it back to the ground again.

 

"That was fun" Onew chuckled. "I seriously thought I was going to die" Key whimpered still looking scared as if he cried. "You okay?" Jamie laughed at Key's facial expression wiping her own tears from the air blown in her eyes that made her cry spontaneously. "You girls scream loud" Taemin joked rubbing his ears as if he'd gone deaf because of them three. "You okay baby?" Jonghyun whispered wrapping his arm around Jamie's shoulder kissing her head. "Yea yea I'm alive" she bluntly answered still laughing. "Hyung, you two need to get a room really" Taemin started teasing the two lovebirds. "Wait until you have a girl of your own Taemin-ah" Jonghyun chuckled while Jamie s her arm around his waist claiming her boy that was a friend. Wait, did he just call her his girl? "Now let's get into the haunted house" Key insisted this time. "I seriously hate it when I can't see anything" Jamie confessed even though she liked the thrill of being scared to death since she had a love for horror and thriller movies. "But I'm here" Jonghyun whispered smiling ily at her. "Hyung, did you forget what happened during your trip in Japan?" Taemin teased the dino where Key just started to laugh loudly close to tears. "What? Those Japanese haunted houses were really scary" Jonghyun defended himself. "Oh no....not the haunted house!" Misa said not amused by the suggestion Key made. "You don't like haunted houses noona?" Taemin asked not sure what to make of her facial expression. Misa's eyes grew big shaking her head "I hate everything that haunts and everything that has to do with horror".  "Nothing will happen, you are surrounded by four guys. Well minus one since dino is too busy holding hands with his girl" Key chuckled. "I really don't like this, but if we are all going I guess I don't have a choice". "Noona, you can hold my hand?" Taemin suggested. Was he serious? Misa wasn't sure what to think about his suggestion. Nonetheless, she liked Taemin because he was so free minded and definitely a good time.

 

Without further ado, they all got in line to enter the haunted house and as expected, the second they entered the house, Jamie and Misa both had a heart attack by something the others saw coming except the two of them. They looked at each other and started laughing knowing how childish it actually was to get scared over something so small. While Jamie clinched onto the hottie walking next to her, Misa let go of Jamie's arm walking behind Onew and Taemin when she got startled a second time grabbing onto Onew in front of her. "AAH!" she screamed causing Key to laugh because everyone startled at this point. "Omo, how can you people enjoy this?". Misa's facial expression was priceless and didn't let go of the leader until she saw the exit and rays of daylight falling in. "I'm sorry oppa" Misa chuckled feeling a little bit embarrassed of her shameless action. "Don't worry about it" Onew smiled clearly not regretting coming to Lotte World since he was having a good time with his bandmates and the new friends he made. As soon as they left the haunted house they went out to look for something to eat since it was pretty much nearly dinner time considering all the waiting they did. "What shall we eat?" Onew asked as he stopped in his tracks before heading somewhere else. "Girls?" he smiled looking at Misa and Jamie. "You have any preferences?" Jonghyun asked squeezing her hand. Jamie shook her head "Not really. We should get something we all like don't you think?" "Let's go to Crystal Palace, they have good foods there" Key suggested looking moving eyes between everyone. Misa raised her shoulders. "I can eat anything except for some fish dishes. I have allergies". "Then we definitely should go to Crystal Palace, they have several different dishes" Key convinced the entire group. "Let's go inside then" Onew added as he walked ahead of the group again together with Misa and Key who knew exactly where it was.

 

Once they made it to the Crystal Palace near the merry-go-round, everyone ordered something they were craving for. After waiting in line for all these attractions, everyone got pretty hungry and were more than happy as soon as their empty stomachs were all filled again. As soon as they were finished they decided to explore the indoors while giving their stomachs a little rest. Boys will be boys? They wanted to play as soon as they passed the Game Factory. "Do they have shooting games here?" Misa cheered excitedly ready to show off her shooting skills. "You like shooting games?" Onew asked surprised. Misa nodded giving thumbs up. "Yes! Can we go?" Nothing more had to be said and they just walked into the Game Factory. "Let's do some shooting" Onew insisted taking Misa by her arm curious to see if she's any good, because he happened to be quite good at it. Misa excitedly followed Onew while Taemin and Key decided to race off against each other as Jamie and Jonghyun played against one another on some electronic games just for the fun of it, because truth be told, Jamie wasn't much of a gamer and never was really good at it either, but it's all about the fun that comes with it right? Misa did her best to focus on her shooting leaving Onew more than just surprised that she wasn't bad at all, although she appeared not to be lucky enough to get enough points to get a big fluffy teddy bear. Onew saw she was struggling getting the points and decided to help her out a little getting just the right amount of points to get a new big fluffy friend. "Omo" Misa cheered hugging the oversized kawaii teddy bear. "Thank you, thank you, thank you" she smiled at the leader. "Thank you oppa". "You like teddy bears that much?" Onew chuckled. Misa nodded nearly killing the bear in her arms. "I collect them. So thank you!" "No problem. I'm glad you like it". "Where is everyone else?" Misa wondered not seeing any one of the group near. Onew raised his shoulders. "I don't know, they must be here somewhere" and went out to look together with Misa when they stumbled on Taemin and Key racing off trying to beat one another.

 

JAMIE'S POV

Once one of the electric games magically stopped because your time was up, Jonghyun decided to take this time to be with you alone for a few minutes and guided you out of the Game Factory. "Don't we have to tell the others before they are out to look for us?" you mumbled snaking your arms around his waist locking your eyes with his. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around you giving you one of his y smiles. "We're not disappearing. I'd just like to have a little moment with you" he confessed kissing your temple before he grabbed your hand and took you for a small walk around the first floor adventure passing a few little shops before he stopped at the Lacasa, a small jewelry shop and took you inside. You weren't entirely sure why he took you in there just now and just looked around because he did. After a couple of minutes he saw something he liked and waited for the second you were not paying attention looking the other way to tell the lady he wanted to buy this one thing in particular. When the lady asked him if it was a present and required a wrapping he shook his head explaining the sales lady that it wasn't needed and took the necklace from the lady after he tucked away the receipt in his wallet. While you were busy looking at a few bracelets behind the glass Jonghyun stopped behind you moving your blond hair to one side. "Jong, what are you doing?" you whispered curious what he had up his sleeves.

 

"Close your eyes" Jonghyun whispered in your ear carefully putting the necklace around your neck before he moved your hair back in place after he noticed your eyes were really closed. You felt the cold metal touching your skin wondering what it was. "You can have a look now" he whispered still standing behind you. You opened your eyes and explored the silver necklace with a sparkly butterfly charm hanging gracefully around your neck. "Jong, you really didn't have to...." you attempted before he surprised you with back hug kissing your cheek "You like it?" "You're crazy! You didn't have to buy me anything silly" you whispered ignoring his question. Jonghyun shrugged. "I wanted to. So you like it?" "I love it. Thank you" you murmured turning around to meet that handsome face of his again. "How did you know I like butterflies?" you asked surprised yet a little overwhelmed. "No reason. I just think butterflies come the closest to your beauty". Those words slowly killed you inside. "I still think you're crazy" you assured smiling at Jonghyun before he pulled you in his arms gently kissing your lips. "I just don't want to forget today and hopefully you won't either. Because of that I got you a little something to remind you of today" Jonghyun whispered as you felt his warm breath on your lips. "Definitely not" you replied pulling on his shirt to make him kiss you again.

 

NO POV

"Where in the world did these two go off to?" Taemin complained as they were looking for Jamie and Jonghyun. "They must be around here somewhere" Onew added convinced they couldn't be far from where they were. "Aish, so much skinship really" Key complained as soon as he spotted the two of them kissing in the distance. "They for sure like each other a lot" Taemin shrugged following Key, Misa and Onew to the shop where Jamie and Jonghyun were making out. "If I were a stranger I would say you two have been a couple for a while" Onew interrupted the two of them. "Are you sure you two just started dating?" he joked short after. "Do you have a problem with it?" Jonghyun smirked still holding Jamie. Onew shook his head "Nah! Just haven't seen you so squishy with a girl before. It's just weird to see you this way" he confessed. "Just weird?" Key chuckled. "It's more than just weird hyung. What have you done to our dino?" he joked smiling at her. "Nothing?!" she sing song smiling back innocently before meeting with Jonghyun's eyes again. "Isn't she the cutest?" Jonghyun smirked kissing her again just to annoy the others. "Whatever you do, don't mess up my best friend, because if you do, you'll be in trouble mister" Misa warned the dino that was holding onto Jamie tightly. "Hyung?!" Taemin started "Aren't you a little anxious to get caught kissing your girl in front of your fans?" Jonghyun gave the maknae a confused look. "Why? As long as there isn't anyone to recognize us I will just pretend I don't see fans around! Besides, right now I am not just Jonghyun, but Kim Jonghyun and he is having a date". Onew shrugged shaking his head. "I'm sorry Tae, but dino has a point". "Well now we found each other again can we please go on to the next ride?" Key begged everyone.

 

Off they went to the next best ride: The Adventures of Sinbad. "Isn't this ride just for kids?" Misa chuckled as soon as they arrived at the entrance of the ride. "Key shook his head "Nope, it's a family ride. Let's pretend we're one big happy family".  "Now don't get squishy too" Onew shrugged afraid Key will start hugging everyone unexpectedly including him. After being in line for at least forty minutes they made it into one of the boats amongst a couple of strangers taking two rows of seats behind one another. In front Taemin, Misa and Onew with behind them Key, Jamie and Jonghyun ready to enter the dark caves surrounded by water, lots of lights and storytelling puppets. Key wouldn't be him if he wouldn't start making fun of some of the poppets copying them making Jamie laugh so hard she was nearly crying leaving those three in front of her to wonder why the two were laughing in the first place. In fact Jamie was still laughing over the skeleton that was hanging upside down halfway the ride as soon as they got off. "What are you two laughing about?" Onew wondered by the way Jamie and Key were laughing. Key just held his hand up because he couldn't speak. "Unni what did you do this time?" Misa chuckled knowing Jamie could be pretty dry with her vocal outbursts. "He started it" she defended herself pointing at Key wrapping her hands around Jonghyun's arm again. "I like her, haha" Key managed to say between his laughs weighing on Jamie's shoulder.  "You need a napkin?" she giggled when she noticed Key was crying of laughter where he just shook his head catching his breath.

 

"Omo, can we go in that one too?" Misa cheered pointing at the Flume Ride straight ahead of them still proudly hugging her new fluffy friend. "Now that's gonna be a wait" Taemin whined checking the line. "At least an hour, you guys want to wait for that long to go on this ride?" Jonghyun asked when he noticed it was 5.38PM already. "I don't mind" Jamie smiled looking back at Jonghyun. "This ride seems to be fun". "Let's get in line then" Taemin insisted where everyone else just followed. Finally it was their turn. Unfortunately they all couldn't go in one boat and had to split in groups of two. "I'll go with them" Misa cheered following Taemin and Key where of course, he was the fortunate one to sit in the front where Misa was hiding herself behind Taemin. Jamie waved at her best friend as she saw them off when Key was just complaining how wet his seat was. "I am not liking this. Why don't you sit in the front?" Key whined worried about his hair. "Hyung, do it for noona" Taemin laughed teasing the diva. "What do I get?" Key negotiated. "I'll buy you chocolate ice cream" Misa promised as she was holding the bear somewhere it wasn't going to get wet. "Booooom!" Taemin cheered as soon as the boat went down the slide catching the first wave of water. "AH!" Misa screamed dodging her head behind Taemin hoping she wouldn't become wet of this one wave. As soon as their boat left, a new one arrived. Onew insisted to sit in the front not wanting to argue when Jamie sat herself behind Jonghyun in the back. "I can't believe there is so much water in the boat" she mumbled at all the water at the sides inside the boat. "You're lucky you're in the back, most water comes in the front" Onew chuckled "Meaning you are dodging the most of it". Jamie chuckled. "Thanks for that. Usually I am not so lucky. No matter where I happen to sit, I always get hit". Off they went on their little water adventure while Onew was just raising his hands above his head like a little child ready to dive "Whooohooo!" he cheered starting to sing some random happy song once the first wave of water splashed on the three of them.

 

"AAAH!" Jamie squealed wrapping her arms around Jonghyun's waist from behind digging her face into his back when she felt the water hitting the back of her head into the back of her shirt. "That's cold" she whined clinching herself tightly onto Jonghyun like a little monkey. When the ride was over Misa, Key and Taemin were waiting for the other three to come out when all Onew could do was laugh. "Oh my god" Jamie whined as soon as she got off as she felt her shirt sticking to her skin at the back. "I guess Jamie caught all the water in the back" Onew chuckled. "It's not funny" she chuckled unable to hold in her laugh. Jonghyun stepped behind her to check how bad it really was and noticed it was indeed a little wet but so were her jeans. Misa chuckled "Unni your pants are wet too". Jamie chuckled "You know I always get lucky on water rides. No matter where I sit, I am paying the price". "Aigo, you're okay?" Key asked while he was laughing clearly enjoying himself. "It's just water, it'll dry. But it was cold" Jamie assured them making a sad face. Even so she caught water sitting in the back, Onew slightly had wet pants himself just from sitting in the front where everything was wet to begin with. "My hair" Key whined running his fingers through his hair to redo it the way it was styled before. "I just realized we didn't have a desert yet" Onew reminded everyone. "Let's go get some". "Ice cream!" Taemin suggested. "Ice cream....chocolate ice cream" Misa mumbled as she rubbed her tummy craving for it. She's a little chocolate monster after all. "Noona wants ice cream" Taemin smiled poking the leader's arm. "You want ice cream?" Jonghyun whispered looking at Jamie holding her hand as they randomly walked around where the attractions and shops all lit up making it somewhat romantic. "I won't say no to ice cream" she confessed squeezing his hand a little while he planted a kiss on her lips. "Ice cream is calling for us then" Onew chuckled as they all headed to the first best place to get themselves ice cream. "Who wants what?"Onew asked once they found a table they could sit themselves. "How about chocolate and banana" Taemin smiled drumming his hands on the table. "Misa?" Onew then asked moving his eyes to your best friend. "Chocolate. Anything chocolate!" "You have a love for chocolate?" Onew chuckled. Misa nodded "You can never go wrong with chocolate". "My little dongsaeng right here is our little chocolate monster" Jamie best friend surprising her with a hug. "Unniehhh!" Misa giggled. "Noona is a chocolate monster" Taemin smiled looking at Misa sitting next to him. "I want....just get me vanilla or chocolate flavor" Key added looking through the card with all possible desserts.

 

"And you?" Jonghyun whispered as he startled Jamie returning from the bathroom with his face only a few inches away from hers. "Mhm, surprise me!" she smiled not taking her eyes of his. While Jonghyun and Onew went to get ice cream for everyone and themselves, the others patiently waited for them to return. "Where are you two from anyways?" Taemin bluntly asked as he didn't have a chance to ask about it earlier. "I'm from India and unni is from Germany" Misa answered for the both of them. "India?" Taemin asked surprised. "We have never been there". "You should tell your manager to go there sometime" Misa shrugged. "But what is it like? You hear a lot of crazy things from India lately" Taemin confessed sounding a bit worried over the fact that Misa was a girl and it wasn't much safe for girls in his opinion. "I am used to it, but I never really go out alone. It's too dangerous. If I do go out I always go together with a friend" Misa explained with a straight face. "That's not good you don't feel safe noona. You should come live here" Taemin suggested. Misa shrugged "Yea that would be nice, but my parents will never let me". "Too bad" Taemin added. "Where in Germany are you from?" Key asked looking at Jamie. "Well I currently live in Berlin but I was born in the Netherlands and moved to Las Vegas when I was 3, so I practically grew up there" she answered while Key gave her an 'Oh' expression. "You're Dutch then?" Key asked curious to know more about other cultures other than Korean for a change. Jamie shook her head. "Well I am half Dutch and half American. Mom is Dutch and my dad is American". "I always wanted to go to Vegas once" Key chuckled. "Me too" Taemin added. "Wait how did you two meet then? Did you travel to India?" Jamie shrugged. "I only travelled to India recently". "Everything to convince my parents to let me travel to Korea with her. After they met her personally they were okay with it" Misa explained forever thankful she managed to convince her strict parents. "We met each other very randomly over the internet and haven't been separated ever since" Jamie chuckled. "You make it sound like we have been separated at birth" Misa giggled. "Maybe we were" Jamie joked slightly amused since Key and Taemin were looking somewhat confused.

 

"One for you, you and me" Onew sing songed putting down the bowls with ice cream in front of Misa, Key and himself. "Hey did you forget about me?" Taemin whined with a fake shocked face. "Here's your banana" Jonghyun chuckled passing the bowl of banana chocolate ice cream to the maknae. "Chocolate" Misa cheered ready to taste the deliciousness. Jonghyun sat himself next to Jamie putting the two bowls down passing her a spoon. "Which one do you want?" Jonghyun asked since he just randomly came back with four flavors. "Mhm, they both look good" she answered not able to choose really. Jonghyun took a spoonful holding it in front of . "Open up". She took the bait. "Mm, mango isn't it?" Jonghyun nodded with a big smile on his face and continued to feed her where she ended up tasting all other flavors too and they were all equally good. After everyone finished their ice creams they decided to take another small walk making a stop at the Camelot Carousel before heading to the exit since it was almost 9PM and unfortunately, SHINee had a schedule the next day and Jonghyun had his radio broadcast again tonight. "Aigo, today really was a lot of fun" Taemin smiled as they walked towards their cars. "Thank you for taking us out here" Misa added with a big grin on her face. "Thanks again for helping me win this new fluffy friend" she thanked smiling brightly at Onew. "You don't have to thank me. I am glad I could help and you seem to be very happy with your new friend" Onew assured Jamie's happy looking best friend. "You guys go ahead, I'd like to have some time with Jamie. If that's okay with you too?" Jonghyun asked looking at Misa. "Don't look at me like that" Misa chuckled "I got the memo" she added waving her hand. "I'll wait up for you to come back okay?" Misa informed Jamie before stepping into Onew's car. Jamie nodded "Okay". "It won't be long" Jonghyun then assured Misa. "We'll see you back in the night somewhere" Key shrugged padding Jonghyun's arm. "It was nice to meet you Jamie. I had a lot of fun" and gave her a hug. "I had a great time too guys. Thank you for today" she smiled as Taemin, Key and Onew as they all stepped into the car one by one.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]