FOURTY-TWO

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

MISA’S POV
Entirely dressed into your pink orange saree you made your way into the living room where your brother was setting the table and your mom was still putting the final touches to the dinner. “Who are these guests that are coming anyway?” you asked helping your brother Bhaiya putting the silver next to the plates. “Ashish said something like friends of some sort” you frowned since it was rather a strange answer coming from your brother’s mouth. “Yeah okay. I guess we’ll find out” you sing songed walking back into the kitchen to pick up some breads and sauces putting them on the table until your cousin Ashish walked in followed by his guests. One...two...three...four...five Korean looking man. Oh crap no! You were stunned and speechless when CNBlue and their manager walked in. Oh dear god, what were you going to say? Pretend you didn’t know them? You were definitely not so good with that. Pretending to not know who these guys were, you quietly sat yourself down at the dining table far away from embarrassment. Why were they all looking at you like that? Was it the dress or was it the hair? Or were they playing the same game by being on my side pretending not to know me either?

“Oh good evening” your mom smiled as soon as she walked into the dining room reading her five guests. “Welcome to our home and nice to meet you” she smiled like a friendly mom would shaking all their hands. Yonghwa on the other hand, couldn’t stop smiling and was definitely going to say something about it to you later. “I hope you are all hungry because I prepared a lot of food” your mom grinned and walked back into the kitchen to get the food she prepared. Food? No, rather a thanksgiving dinner of some sort. Your mom probably thought these poor guys would be starving. “Who did you bring with you?” your mom asked joining everyone else at the table while Ashish was sitting down too after he put down the rice and curry. “Well they are from South Korea and they are here for a concert tomorrow” your cousin explained. “That’s where you have been with Jamie three weeks ago right?” your mom smiled clearly not having a clue. If she only knew that the tall handsome guy sitting across from you was secretly your boyfriend. Did your mom really have to embarrass you in front of CNBlue and their manager. You were feeling so uncomfortable. You carefully nodded putting some rice and veggies on your plate once everyone was finished with it. “You were?” Jungshin smiled pretending he was meeting you for the first time. “That is so cool. Did you like it?” Minhyuk continued being on the same boat as Jungshin.

You chewed your food while you played with your food on your plate. “Yes it was very awesome. Beautiful country” you mumbled feeding yourself with some more rice. “Is that all you can say?” Your mom giggled teasing you turning back to the five handsome men. “She usually isn’t like this and she was all awe about Korea when she came back. She would like to study there in university right sweetheart?” You somewhat forced a smile. You were so out of your comfort zone at this point and you were sure if there were any rocks or trees in the room, you would be hiding under or behind one. You carefully nodded with a grin on your face moving your eyes from one guy to the other as if saying ‘Please pretend not to know me. I will love you forever if you do’. “Well Seoul has a lot of great universities so I’d say is a good choice” Jonghyun L smiled feeding himself with rice and vegetables as well. “Great, right Misa?” your mom smiled overly joyed while you just gave your thumbs up taking a big sip from your glass of water.

The entire dinner was rather awkward and your mom was checking out these boys individually head to toe as if she was looking for a man for you. If only she was. She would never let you date a musician. A tall handsome looking guy named Jung Yonghwa, or would she? While you were helping your brother in the kitchen with the dishes, your mom was taking her time to get to know CNBlue a little more personally and as soon as you returned to the living room where all of them were cosily enjoying a cup of tea, your mom looked up at you and smiled getting up from the couch. “Misa, these guys want to treat you for ice cream. I think you should go” and went into the kitchen to do god knows what. What? How? Looking like a confused puppy you followed your mom back into the kitchen. “Sorry? You want me to go out and eat ice cream with them?” you asked nearly sounding as if you wanted to do everything but that. Your mom nodded “Yes dear, that is what I said. Don’t look so surprised. These boys are only in town for three days and they seem to be really nice guys and responsible too. I also think that this young man Jonghyun is a very good looking man isn’t he” she chuckled washing her hands. “Don’t worry, I will not let you go alone” your mom continued drying her hands on the towel making you think she was about to send your oppa’s with you. “Their manager will come with you all and promised me to bring you back home before ten thirty”. You blinked not knowing what to say. Did your mom just let you go out with boys she hardly knew? The CNBlue manager had to be quite persuasive to make your mom agree to this. “Mom are you really sure about this?” you whispered not wanting someone to overhear the conversation you were having with your mom. “Why? Do any of these guys make you feel nervous? It’s that Jonghyun guy no? He’s so handsome and he would look so good with you” your mom grinned ignoring your question. So it seemed.

Wait, is she trying to hook you up Jonghyun. Yikes. “Misa, whatever it is, I want you to enjoy it okay. Oh and they also invited you to their concert tomorrow. Bring one of your friends and have a good time. They are all so nice. Oh and this Yonghwa young man, he seems very mature and manly for his age. He will look out for you” your mom added heading back into the living room. You bit your lip closing your eyes for a second wondering what kind of spell was put on your mother. Your mom usually never allows you to go out with just guys. Now she was trying to make Jonghyun her son in law and telling you that Yonghwa would look out for you. Well he actually would and you just grinned at the thought and shook your head. What can possibly go wrong? Exactly, nothing because all of them that you were having feelings for Yonghwa and their manager did kind of know too. He definitely was in this plot and definitely was on your side. Their manager is so awesome. You grabbed your phone and decided to text one of your friends if she was interested on coming to the CNBlue concert with you and walked back into the living room where they all seemed  to be waiting for you. “I will make sure to return your daughter back safely. If something’s up you go my number, please feel free to call. I will keep an eye on all of them” Manager Han convinced your mom. She nodded “Okay, I trust you. Please have fun okay? Take care of my daughter”. “Will do Mrs George” Yonghwa smiled at your mom before he looked at you only the way he would. He was so obvious about everything and your oppa Bhaiya noticed that too but wisely kept his mouth shut.

As if a ton of weight was lifting from your shoulders you let out the biggest sigh you have been holding in since they walked in as guests for dinner. You were free to be with them for the next two and half hours and just be the girl they met in Seoul. You stepped in the van followed by Yonghwa and the rest of the band before their manager was driving you into town to get some ice cream. “I missed you so much” you whispered hooking your arm through Yonghwa’s before he entwined his hand with yours pecking your cheek “I missed you too” he confessed while he couldn’t stop staring at you. “It’s so much better to be not pretending we don’t know. It was so hard” Jungshin murmured switching on his phone while Yonghwa leaned in planting and innocent small kiss on your lips. “I have been wanting to do that” and squeezed your hand to which you dropped your head onto his shoulder. “I am really sorry for acting like a dumb person” you whispered apologizing. “Hey it’s okay. It must have been really weird for you, but it kind of was for us too. I am glad your mom allowed us to go out for ice cream” Minhyuk smiled looking out of the window. “So strange. All of this” you grinned “But at least I get to go out with you after all” you added lifting your head again looking at Yonghwa. “I love what you wear by the way” Yonghwa complimented your saree. “It looks beautiful on you”. You blushed looking down at your hands. “Thank you. It’s what we wear usually” you explained meeting with his eyes again. “It’s pretty and it suits you” Yonghwa complimented you again to which Jonghyun was just rolling his eyes. “Seriously. Are we there yet?” he interrupted followed by a laugh from everyone else.

After driving for thirty minutes plus traffic you finally arrived at baskin and robbins. The best ice cream there was and the only ice cream you knew the CNBlue guys would love too. Thankfully it wasn’t crowded at all and you could just quietly sit and eat your ice cream. You all go off the van one by one walking into the shop to order some ice cream which manager Han decided to pay from his pocket and just when you thought to be nearly alone, the salon was mobbed by teenage Indian girls. Rumors sure spread like a fire. Whoever mentioned the CNBlue boys to be as Baskin and Robbins, was already in the shop or following the guys around. “Alright guys let’s just get to the van and we’ll go to the hotel to eat our ice cream. This is not what I imagined our night off to be like” manager Han insisted. Once everyone had their ice cream you all rushed back into the van and he did his best to make his way to their hotel. “So much for not being crowded” Minhyuk murmured. “They sure love is here” Jungshin grinned quietly eating his ice cream. “I am sorry about that. And I am sorry that we now have to get to our hotel to just have a chat and be alone” Yonghwa whispered after he took a spoonful from his ice cream. “It’s not your fault is it? I think the Indian fans are just excited for you guys to finally be here and right now, I don’t really care where I am as long I can spend a little bit of time, which probably isn’t much” you sighed taking a big spoonful of chocolate chip ice cream. “Don’t worry. I will make it up to you one way or another” Yonghwa smirked pecking your cheek before he turned back to his ice cream.

JAMIE’S POV
Three weeks have passed and while the four weeks away from your fiance were coming to an end, the packing was driving you rather crazy and you were more than happy when that was finished. Since you were traveling back to Las Vegas for the final documents you needed for your license to wed, you decided to go to your mom’s house since you haven’t really seen her much since you were living in Berlin and pretty much having your own life. Your life used to be rather hectic took before you met Jonghyun and got pregnant. You were no longer in the position to dance professionally and go on tours and trips like you used to. At least not for the next years since you were going to be a mommy of two in less than seven months. As soon as your plane landed safely on the ground you got off the plane heading for the luggage claim texting your fiance you arrived safely. You did not want him to worry much more about you than he probably already did. Once you collected your suitcase you held a taxi randomly and asked the driver to the address you mentioned to him. Your old house where you grew up for a big part. This definitely was going to be causing all kinds of mixed feelings.

After a 20 minute drive by taxi you finally arrived at the home you pretty much grew up in. You stepped out paying the driver after he got your luggage out of the trunk "Thank you" and paid the driver dragging your small suitcase and travel bag behind you. Not aware of finding any other family members around the house apart from your mother and stepdad living in this house, you were somewhat taken off guard when your little niece Kaileigh came running at you. "Auntie Jamie" she squealed letting go of the doll she was playing with too excited to see you again. "Kai?" you smiled widely letting go of your suitcase going through your knees to welcome her and kissed her head as soon as she ran into your open arms. "I missed you" Kaileigh confessed while you took another closer look at her. "I missed you too honey. You have grown so big" you smiled fighting the happy tears forming behind your eyes tucking her blond hair behind her ears. "Where is mommy?" you asked correcting her cardigan. "Inside" she bluntly answered pointing to the house behind her. "Come here" you whispered pulling your little niece back into a hug kissing her for a second time. "Let's go inside. I think it's about to rain" you smiled and straighten yourself grabbing your suitcase with one hand and taking Kaileigh's hand in the other. "Auntie, wait. My doll" Kaileigh interrupted letting go of your hand to pick up the doll she dropped into the grass only seconds ago to greet you and came back rushing to you folding her hand back in yours holding her doll under her arm following you to the house. You nervously rang the doorbell looking down at your little niece you missed so much.

Every single time you saw her after not seeing her and her little brother for months in a row at times, she grew bigger and taller slowly growing into a young lady even if she was only six years old. "Auntie?" Kaileigh started as she was looking up meeting your gaze. "Hm?" you answered letting the little girl know you were listening to her. You knew that you were one of the few people in her life that actually listened and noticed her. Ever since she was blessed with a little brother, he got all of the attention from the entire family often leaving her out and putting her needs off. It broke your heart knowing she was on her own most of the time entertaining herself. At times you wished you could take her out of the house and raise her yourself, but you also knew that was not an option and rather impossible since your sister was married to the biological father of your little nephew Jacob. No matter what and how, you never missed out on her birthday and made every single second special and made your time in Henderson worthwhile. For her sake. "I am going to have a little brother or sister soon" Kaileigh started about to give you a heart attack. What?" you mumbled blinking at your little niece before the door swung open. "Jamie?" your mom smiled not expecting you on the doorstep. "Is it okay for me to stay over for a few nights?" you begged since you didn't really explain to your family yet why you returned so suddenly for a short time. "Yes of course. Come in" your mom answered closing the door behind you while you put your suitcase somewhere in the corner to make sure it wasn't bothering anyone.

"Coffee?" your mom asked expecting you to say yes to one of your favorite drinks but in her surprise you turned it down because you were pregnant after all and that was also something your family had no idea of. Not yet at least. "No thanks" you smiled nervously as you were pulled into the house by your little niece who badly wanted to sit down with you and play. "No to coffee? Are you sick?" your mom chuckled heading into the kitchen while you sat down at the kitchen table. "Ah no, I already had coffee" you lied avoiding eye contact not sure how to start a proper conversation in regards of your pregnancy and rather just wanted to wait it for at least another day or two before bringing that up. "What brings you here?" your mom asked as she was preparing coffee for herself. "Oh I have to get some paperwork done. You know how that is" you bluntly answered while your niece was seeking your attention. "Auntie, can you do my hair like you did last time?" Kaileigh begged. "Kaileigh, can you please let your auntie sit for a second?" "It's okay" you interrupted taking her onto your lap. "I will do your hair after I finished my drink okay?" you whispered in her ear kissing her cheek. "Okay" she smiled sliding off your lap again rushing into the living room where she was playing. "Can I have a water instead?" you asked while your mother was preparing you some lemonade instead. "Are you really okay?" your mom grinned "You don't want your coffee and you're asking for water instead. That's new" she continued putting a glass of water in front of you before she sat down as well. "So what have you been up to all this time?" your mom asked out of curiosity. "I just came back from a well deserved vacation and now I am back to work" you partially lied raising your glass taking a sip from your water before your mom noticed the diamond ring on your finger.

"Jamie don't you have to tell me something? You got engaged? When?" she continued firing questions at you. Damned, you totally forgot about that. How were you going to explain to your mother that you met the most amazing man only a few weeks ago and got engaged so quickly. To top that, you were pregnant with his child too. How were you going to defend yourself? Your mother didn't really believe in love at first sight since her first marriage with your father failed. Yea try to explain to someone who doesn't believe in love at first sight that you fell in love while on vacation in Seoul. Your family will definitely think you have lost your mind. "I...Yes I am engaged" you stammered taking another sip from your water. Your mother's eyes grew bigger and bigger by the second. "Since when? You weren't engaged last time you were here? Who's the guy?" she continued making you feel rather uncomfortable with all her questions since you were not feeling it to have any conflicts and rather wanted to avoid those. However, deep inside you knew you had to be honest because your wedding was only a month away and by the time it was Kaileigh's seventh birthday you would be at least twice as big as you were now if not bigger. You put your glass down collecting courage to start the conversation. "I didn't get engaged until recently" you started while your mom nodded "Okay. Then who is the lucky guy? Are you moving back to the states? Is he American?" You shook your head. "No he's not American. He's Korean and is the sweetest and most sincere guy I have ever met" you smiled and swooned just thinking about that amazing guy of yours you were hoping to call husband soon.

Your mom blinked sipping her coffee. "Okay. How come you never introduced him to us? I can't recall you ever mentioning someone though" "Well...that is because we only met a few weeks ago" you confessed. "Excuse me?" your mom continued nearly choking on her coffee. "Jamie, how can you marry someone you don't even really know? Are you pregnant?" your mother ranted. You looked away feeling more than uncomfortable on where this conversation was going. "Jamie are you?" your mom asked you one more time with big eyes. "Yes!" you spat out. "It's not what you think" you added. "Jamie, how can you be so reckless? How do you even know this guy, whoever he is, is sincere towards you?" You shook your head before looking at your mom again. "You're telling me how I shouldn't be so reckless and everything, but don't you think it's a little soon for you to compare my situation to Tina's? Really?" and let out a nervous laugh. "This isn't about Tina, this is about you. I always thought you were the smart one and now look at you. You only met someone a few weeks ago on your vacation I assume not even knowing if this guy is whatever he appears to be and having his child too? Oh and you're getting married throwing your life away like that with it. Jamie, what are you doing?" your mom continued. "I really can't believe this. I knew exactly this was going to happen and I knew I was going to get lectured like this. Will you even believe me if I tell you that he is nothing like those men in Tina's life or your own for that matter?" you defended yourself feeling very much wronged like always.

"Jamie don't compare yourself to Tina. She's a great mom and her situation is a lot different. She didn't marry Kaileigh's father did she?" your mom continued defending your sister like you knew she would. You let out a sigh "Yeah, it really doesn't matter what I say or do. I just can't get it right. Right? What is it about Tina that you're always taking her side and justify all the bad decisions she's made? Two kids, two different fathers. Something is obviously wrong with me. I must be doing something terribly wrong for loving a man who's genuinely loving me and respecting me for who I am, has his life together, has an amazing family and has the biggest heart and so much love to give. A guy who treats me as I should be treated and more. If you only knew what he has done for me and if you only know him the way I do, you wouldn't be defending Tina's failed relationships" you mumbled trying to hide your tears. "You know what? I feel bad for all of you. I really feel resented for having the kind of relationship you wished you had" you added getting up from your seat wanting to leave the house more than anything. "Jamie you hardly know this man?" your mom raised her voice.

"I am far from perfect but he definitely loves me for who I am. You know when I found out I was pregnant I was terrified. Terrified he would take off but you know what? He didn't. He's going through even more hardships than I do because of this pregnancy and despite of that he wants to stay by my side and just endures all of it because he loves me. Do you really think if he didn't care about me and love me the way he did he would go through all this trouble? Any other guy would have left me long time ago. He assured me everything's going to be just fine. He assured me to take care of me and raise our baby together no matter what. It's hard to believe and I considered it to be too good to be true, but you know what? If you could only see how he looks at me, there is no other person on this planet who looks at me, loves me, values me and respects me more than this man does. I think it says a lot about who he is and I don't care if you're approving or not, I love this man all the same and I know he's the man I will spend the rest of my life with" you explained while tears rolled down your cheeks. "I didn't come here to fight. I came here as a daughter to tell her mother she's marrying the most amazing man she could be blessed with and to let her mother be a part of this one special day in her life. It really would mean the world to me if you could be there and for once, just this once, trust my judgements and be happy for me" you sobbed walking out of the kitchen ready to take your suitcase and leave.

Just when you grabbed your suitcase your phone was ringing. You knew without looking that it was probably your fiance. "Hey" you sniffed wiping the tears from your cheeks not wanting to make him worry more about you than he probably already did. "Have you been crying?" Jonghyun asked you with that amount of worry in his voice. "No" you lied sniffing a second time pulling your suitcase behind you opening the front door. "Baby don't lie to me. Are you sure you're okay?" he continued. How was it that he always knew if something was up? Was he psychic? You often wondered. "I'm okay" you lied wishing your guy was here with you. "Jamie?!" your mom shouted following you trying to hold you back. "Where are you going?" she continued crossing her arms in front of her chest. "I am going" you mumbled throwing your travel bag over your shoulder tucking your hair behind your ear. "I shouldn't have come here. I'll take a cab" you continued forgetting you were on the phone in the first place. "Jamie. Why go to a hotel if you can stay here?" your mom nearly begged shouting at you. "I could but I need to be on my own right now" you excused yourself dragging your suitcase out of the front yard heading towards a street where you could be picked up. "Jamie come back here please" your mom shouted once more but you just decided to ignore her plead. Why would you listen any way? It’s not like she’s coming after you to make things right. Of course she wouldn’t. The story of your life.

 
 - Another update and the second one this week (and there is probably another one coming by the end of the week, yay! PS: Misa's saree (dress) (Click on the image to enlarge) ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]