TWENTY-THREE

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

JAMIE'S POV

Jonghyun looked at you with so much worry on his face it made you feel guilty and tucked a few strings of blond hair sticking to your face behind your ear. "I'll make sure she is doing all that" he assured Dr Kang squeezing your hands. "I'll prescribe the vitamins for you and I'll advise you to take it easy for the next days. Get some bed rest, drink a lot of water and eat a lot of vegetables that will help you with your anemia. Ok Miss Parker?" Dr Kang smiled at you. You nodded slightly intimidated looking at your boyfriend whom you couldn't believe was sitting on the bed in front of you. "Is she allowed to go home?" Jonghyun asked carefully. "She can go home now under the condition someone keeps an eye on her. She bumped her head pretty badly so she might feel light headed from time to time" the doctor explained. Jonghyun smiled. "I'll keep an eye on her". Dr Kang nodded "Please do call if her condition changes". "I will" Jonghyun assured the doctor and looked back at you the way only he does. "Then Miss Parker I will refer you to a gynecologist and make sure the vitamins you need for the next two months are available for pickup at the pharmacy in this hospital" the doctor continued and wrote a prescription with his signature on it. "This will do" and handed the paper to Jonghyun. "Get well soon okay?" he smiled at you. You smiled back at the doctor. "Thank you for taking such good care of me". Dr Kang shook everyone's hands including yours before he left the room and your best friend Misa decided to excuse herself to give you a second alone so you could prepare yourself to leave. "What am I going to do with you huh?" Jonghyun smirked locking eyes with you. "I'm so sorry about everything" you whispered leaning into your boyfriend's arms again. "You don't have anything to be sorry for" Jonghyun whispered kissing your temple wrapping his arms around you tightly. "Now let's get you home".

 

You didn't quite know what he meant with that. As far as you knew he was living with SHINee in one dorm and was he sharing rooms with Key. "How?" you mumbled somewhat confused. "The guys, they know" Jonghyun confessed. "Jong?" you worried of their thoughts about you. What must they think? "Baby I'm sorry. I had to tell someone and I had to tell them. I work with these guys every day. We live under one roof. They're family to me. If someone understands it's them. Telling the manager and my parents will be a completely different story. I need you to stay with me and move in with me" Jonghyun assured you. "But Jong, how? They didn't ask for all of this and yet I am invading their privacy. Your privacy" you mumbled feeling guilty. "Jamie, you're a part of me now and that is something the guys do understand. In fact Key offered to temporarily share rooms with Onew so that we can have our privacy until we found something else. And that, I'll find us a place to live within a month. I don't want you to worry about these things baby" Jonghyun continued as he took your face between his hand palms. "What about my job?" you whispered. Jonghyun smirked "Honey you heard what the doctor said and I am going to make sure you will do exactly what he ordered you to do". "But my home is in Berlin" you whispered looking back up at Jonghyun resting your hands on his lap. "I know it is your home. If it's more comfortable for you to live there in Berlin I'll be coming with you. When you feel better that is" Jonghyun insisted. "No, I cannot ask you to do that. Your life is here. Your career is here. Your family is here" you murmured taking in every inch of his face you missed so much. "As much as I hate to say it. My family has been broken up ages ago. I can move wherever my heart is and my heart is here with you. Besides, I need you" you confessed. "I know you need me" Jonghyun smiled as he your lips with his thumbs. "But I need you too" and planted a kiss on your lips before he leaned his forehead against yours. "You don't have to worry about anything. All I want you to do is what the doctor told you to do. I'll take care of the rest. Stress is not good for you and the baby".  You smiled at his words. "You're so worried". "Baby I'll forever be worried. Get used to it" Jonghyun joked planting another kiss on your lips. "I love you Miss Parker".  "I love you more" you whispered kissing that boyfriend of yours back on his lips. "Let's get you dressed so I can take you home" Jonghyun whispered kissing you once more before he helped you out of bed.

 

Once you were entirely dressed you sat yourself back down on the bed as you started to feel a little light headed again while Jonghyun quickly went out to get a wheelchair to transport you. You were so happy and relieved to leave the hospital again. Of course only under the condition you'd take the rest ordered by the doctor. It didn't matter to you because you were going home with Jonghyun. Your boyfriend knocked on the door loud enough for you to hear and walked in pushing the wheelchair in front of him finding you dressed. Back in your own clothes. You smiled like no tomorrow as soon as you saw it was him. Who else could it be? "You're ready to go home?" Jonghyun smiled closing the door behind him parking the wheelchair near the bed. You nodded clearly not removing the smile from your face. "You have no idea how ready I am to go home. This place is so depressing. I feel bad for those who are forced to spend a night or even worse have to stay longer than just one night". Jonghyun smirked "Not for you, because you are coming home with me" and approached you kneeling down in front of you after he planted a kiss on your cheek. Instead of smiling you gave him a fake sad face as if you were disappointed about something. "What?" Jonghyun chuckled wondering what the expression was for. You placed your index finger on your lips to hint that guy of yours you wanted a kiss on the lips instead. "Is that it?" Jonghyun smirked taking the hint rising back to his feet carefully planting his lips on yours resting his hands on the bed to balance himself. "Now I am ready" you whispered with the biggest smile on your face. "Yea?" Jonghyun teased you a little followed by a clear nod from you and surprised you with another kiss. "Mhm. I missed you" you whispered pulling on his shirt planting a kiss on his this time before he surprised you scooping you of the bed. "You're supposed to wait with that until marriage" you giggled as you wrapped your arms around his neck. "I do?" You blinked your eyes as he put you back down so that you could sit down in the wheelchair.

 

"You want to get married?" he asked so suddenly going through his knees taking your hands in his throwing you off guard. "What? Jong....what are you doing?" you stammered while your heart was ready to jump out of your ribcage. "You're nervous?" Jonghyun teased you squeezing them a little. "Wait...you're not really going to ask here? Right?" you whispered shamelessly. Jonghyun chuckled slightly amused by your facial expression "Babycakes you really think I would ask you to marry me right here? I'm a romantic kind of guy. I can do a whole lot better than this" he convinced you. "Would you say yes if I did?" You just sat there blinking your eyes like a paralyzed person. "Wait, Jong...you want to get married?" you asked with a straight face while Jonghyun straighten himself pulling you up by your hands. "I do. Don't you?" he asked looking into your eyes. "I do....but what if you change your mind? About me. About us?" you replied with a great amount of fear and sadness in your voice. Jonghyun shook his head pulling you into his arms peering down into your eyes "There's not one hair on my head that will change about my feelings for you. You know why?" he whispered as you slowly shook your head. "Because there will be no one else who will make me feel the way you do. I have dated girls before but they were plain compared to you. What I was feeling then wasn't it, and this with you is" he whispered convincing you slowly letting go of your hands placing them on your still somewhat flat belly and stared back into your blue eyes. "And this little one growing in here is prove of that". "Jonghyun?" you whispered searching for words. Was he that serious? He wanted to spend the rest of his life with you? "There is no way back out of this" you continued choking up swallowing down your tears. "Baby I know there isn't and that's okay" Jonghyun whispered stepping closer taking your face between his hand palms. "I don't want to go back. Everything happens for a reason. There is a reason why you and me is happening. There's a reason you're pregnant with my child. I want this with you because I love you and everything around it that changes doesn't matter to me. I can't be me if I don't have you in my life. I love you Jamie Parker" he added before carefully planting his lips on yours kissing them full of love and desire while you wrapped your arms around his waist so tightly afraid to let him go again. You don't want to let go of something so meaningful and valuable once you have it and Jonghyun definitely was that to you.

 

"I know this whole thing is scaring you and honestly it's scaring me too. But you know what? We will be alright. I don't want you to be afraid and worry about tomorrow. I want you to be happy. I want you to have a life you deserve. I am confident I am the one to give you all that. You're my other half" Jonghyun continued ready to make you melt and cry at the same time. "I'm your other half?" you repeated between your little sniff. "Well aren't I your other half?" Jonghyun chuckled making you laugh instead while he wiped the tears from your cheeks leaning his forehead onto yours. "Of course you are silly billy" you whispered wrapping your arms around his neck pressing your lips on his kissing them like a hungry tiger. Caught in your little moment as you were kissing each other, Jonghyun interrupted the kissing. "Let's go home". You obeyed and smiled sitting yourself in the wheelchair. You did not feel exactly comfortable in it because you weren't exactly crippled and yet you were forced into one just in case you'd become lightheaded again. Jonghyun stepped behind you pushing the wheelchair in front of him while you opened the door finding both Misa and Yonghwa patiently waiting holding a cup of tea in their hands. "Unni, you can go home now?" your friend asked sounding somewhat surprised. You threw your hands in the air in liberty "Thank god yes". "Do you feel better too?" Yonghwa asked not quite convinced it would be a good idea to release you so quickly since it could have been a lot worse if it weren't for them to find you in the first place. "Don't worry about me. I'm in good hands. I'm sorry if scared the both of you in any way. It was not my intention to do that" you assured your worried looking friends. Misa shook her head "No unni, its ok. But next time if you're really not feeling so well, you'd better tell me. I don't want to find you in that state again ok?" You knew your friend was right. You probably scared her to death by passing out. "It will never happen again". "Good" Misa smiled getting up from her seat to give you a hug. "So what are you going to do now?" "She's going to stay with me for now. At least for a while" Jonghyun interrupted the conversation. Misa moved her eyes between you and Jonghyun looking somewhat confused. "You're not going back to Berlin?" You shook your head "Not for now at least. I will have to go back at some point to get my visa and all that. But it looks like I will permanently move here" you explained letting out a sigh. "Well this guy right here asked me to stay, so I'll stay". "Unni that is good. What about your flight though?" Misa asked scratching her head. "I handled that one. I asked for a cancellation and rebooking within the next week once she feels better. Only this time I'll go with her". Jonghyun added.

 

NO POV

Jamie looked up meeting her eyes with her boyfriend again who was still standing behind her. "You didn't tell me this?" "I am pretty sure I did, but if you forgot, then now you know" Jonghyun smirked looking somewhat amused. "Ahw you'll come with me?" she whispered full in awe that her boyfriend was. "You bet I am! You think I was going to let you go back by yourself? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Besides I also think this would be a good time to spend some quality time together". "You really are the sweetest and most romantic guy" Jamie slightly squealed with the biggest smile on her face before looking back at her two friends Misa and Yonghwa. "Now let's get your things. You'll need those" Jonghyun added as he pushed Jamie towards the exit ready to leave the hospital. "At least let me drive you guys" Yonghwa insisted waving his car keys around. "That would be perfect thanks. I got here by cab" Jonghyun explained. Just when they were ready to leave, Jamie remembered to pick up the medication that was prepared for her in the pharmacy in the hospital. "Wait, we're forgetting something". "What?" Jonghyun asked surprised. He was pretty positive he had everything he needed. Jamie! "The medication. Aren't we supposed to pick these up before we leave? Otherwise we'll forget. We don't want that do we?" Jamie reminded the handsome looking that happened to be her boyfriend. "Yes, you're right" Jonghyun murmured as he remembered. "I'll get that now and then we can go". Jamie nodded "Okay". "I will drive the car to the front" Yonghwa suggested as he tucked his hands in the pockets of his jeans moving his eyes between Jonghyun, Misa and Jamie. "I'll stay with Jamie. We'll wait out here" she smiled pushing the wheelchair towards the little cafe inside of the hospital so she could sit down as well. She didn't expected it take ages, but you never know. "I'll be right back okay?" Jonghyun smiled ily at Jamie planting a small kiss on her lips before he walked off to get the medication that was prescribed for you.

 

"Unni you're happy he is back right?" Misa smiled when she noticed her best friend genuinely smiling again. Something that was rare the last couple of days. "I am yes. God Misa! Why am I dating a musician like this? He will always be traveling. I already miss him after one day and I am pretty sure the missing will be a lot worse now I'm you know...having his baby" Jamie sighed not knowing what to do with herself. "Fate got you two together. It will be difficult I am sure, but you two will work this out. He cares about you and I can see that. I'm pretty sure he doesn't like to be away much either right now if you ask me" Misa chuckled making her point. "You're right, but still I wonder how couples do this. Trust me, I once had a big mouth about this too, but I came off that cloud pretty soon when I experienced a long distance relationship myself. I don't want to scare you off with this, but it's really hard. And I really hope you and Yonghwa will find a way to make this work despite of all the hardship that will come with it. You're like yin and yang when I look at the two of you. You complete each other so well. It would be sad to see that go to waste you know. I think you two will find a way to work this out" Jamie lectured. "It's funny you brought that because Yonghwa and I had a really serious conversation about this. I mean I will be leaving back to India in what? Two days from now?" Misa started. "Everything we both said was so intense. You know what the problem is? I like him a lot, but I'd feel so guilty he'll be wasting his time waiting for me for no reason". "Misa don't say that" Jamie interrupted the conversation. "Unni, I'm serious! I know he likes me too because he said that, but what if it doesn't work out? I'll be keeping him away from finding his happiness. You said so yourself. Long distance relationships are very difficult. I am not sure if I can do that" Misa confessed. "No no no" Jamie started leaning a little forward grabbing her besties hands. "Misa listen to me. I am not that great with giving advice when it comes to love, but I know this much that you're worth the wait and he knows and feel that too. He will not let you go so easily. I know he won't. He will do whatever it takes to make sure this relationship works. And yes you will have to meet his parents still and he still has to convince your parents he is worthy of being with you, but I wouldn't even worry about all that. You two will find a way to work this out. I truly believe you will" Jamie convinced her best friend Misa who was still looking somewhat skeptical.

 

"Maybe you're right. Maybe I am just worried about it for no reason. I shouldn't be the one complaining much I guess" Misa sighed. "You know what I think? You're afraid that it actually might work and if it does you're afraid your parents will not approve of him or his parents will not approve of you. Am I right?" Jamie guessed. Misa nodded playing with her hands "I guess. Ugh I don't know. I am probably that much worried over the fact that his parents might disapprove of me that I am already feeling guilty for letting him wait for me. I am so helpless. No really, but what if they don't?" Misa added as her eyes grew bigger. "Relax! You have nothing to worry about. I am sure his parents will like you, because you're just as fluffy as a cute little teddy bear" Jamie chuckled managing to make her best friend Misa finally laugh. "Okay I should not worry and I should not complain. You're in the same boat as I am. Except you will have some more explaining to do I guess". Jamie shook her head "Yea about that. I don't honestly want to think about that. It's a big deal for me to meet his parents let alone tell them 'Hey guess what? I'm pregnant!' I am pretty sure I would like to hide myself under a mountain of rocks or something". Misa giggled at Jamie's statement. "Make it that big enough that it fits me too" causing the both of them to burst out in laughter. "Looks like someone's having fun" Yonghwa shrugged suddenly standing behind Misa. "Yea we were...ehm, never mind!" she mumbled. "Did you get the car?" Yonghwa nodded "Yes and it’s parked right in front of the entrance". Misa looked over her shoulder through the window. He sure did park it right in front of it. Just when Yonghwa sat himself down on an empty chair next to Misa, Jamie's stomach was the one that started to growl for something this time. "I guess unni needs something to eat" Misa laughed. Jamie rubbed her tummy and was considering if she really was. One part of her was craving for something and her other half wasn't really feeling it. "You want to get something?" Misa asked with a straight face again because she did not want you to pass out again. "Gosh I don't know. I think I do, but then I really don't. I am so confusing" Jamie sighed. "What to do with myself". "How about a cupcake?" Jonghyun startled her by holding a cupcake in front of her face. And yes it happened to be her favorite too. "How did you know I was hungry?" she asked surprised. "I didn't know. I just bought it for you on the way. I got the medication and when I picked these up I passed a little pastry that was selling chocolates and cupcakes. I know you don't eat much at the moment so I hoped you would eat this at least" Jonghyun smiled. "Wow. I'm so lucky. Thank you" Jamie cheered as she took a bite from the cupcake. "Yah, this is so good!" she sighed in relief she finally had something going into her stomach that felt somehow so empty and yet so full.

 

With that Jonghyun pushed the wheelchair to the exit followed by Yonghwa and Misa. Once you got to the car Yonghwa walked around the car to step behind the wheel while Misa was sitting herself on the passenger's seat while Jonghyun helped Jamie into the car. While she made herself comfortable finishing the delicious cupcake, Jonghyun took back the wheelchair and ran back since it started to rain and kind of jumped into the car sitting himself next to Jamie running his fingers through his hair. "To the hotel no?" Yonghwa asked looking over his shoulder to Jamie and Jonghyun before he moved his eyes to Misa sitting next to him. "Why is it raining like this?" Misa whined looking out of the window as she watched the rain hit the window faster and faster. Jamie on the other hand s her arms around his waist leaning her head onto Jonghyun's shoulders closing her eyes thinking how happy she was that her boyfriend was back. After driving for a little thirty minutes Yonghwa pulled up in front of the hotel. Misa turned around looking at both Jonghyun and Jamie and noticed that her friend had fallen asleep. "Oh...she's asleep. Should I gather her stuff? Then you can stay here with her. I don't think we should wake her up" she suggested. "You sure you're okay with that?" Jonghyun whispered looking to his left finding Jamie comfortably asleep and decided to take his jacket off draping it around your shoulders. Misa shook her head "No of course not. We can't wake her up and ask her to go up there and pack her stuff?! Besides I think you should stay here with her. Someone's gotta stay with her. We can't leave her alone in the car". "I'll come with you then" Yonghwa insisted looking at Misa. "Thanks!" Jonghyun whispered kissing the top of Jamie's head resting his head on hers. Both Misa and Yonghwa stepped out of the car rushing into the hotel since it was raining. Lucky for them they didn't have to sprint so far and they remained somewhat dry.


"Just on time I guess" Misa sighed in relief as soon as she was inside and the rain started to come down a little harder. "There is something about rain like this isn't it?" Yonghwa chuckled as he pressed the button for the elevator. "What?" Misa asked somewhat clueless. "You like rain that much?" He raised his shoulders as the both of them stepped into the elevator. "It's not so bad as it looks. It's not really comfortable or anything to be outside, but if you're inside, it can be quite relaxing or romantic even. At the right moment that is of course" Yonghwa explained. "Huh. I never really saw rain as romantic, but I guess I just never explored that side yet" Misa chuckled. "You have plenty of time to explore that" Yonghwa smirked taking Misa's hand guiding her out of the elevator. "I will show you what that is like. On the right time" he somewhat promised her. Misa shrugged "Yea, I can't wait for that" and unlocked the door to the room. "You're not taking me seriously!" Yonghwa giggled. "It really should be. I'm devastated now" he joked making a sad face closing the door behind him. "Boohoo yea. It's written all over your face. Then show me" Misa dared him. Yonghwa took the hint and stepped a whole lot closer to her than she hoped he would. He got so close she felt his warm breath touching his skin. It looks as if he wants to kiss her. "You really don't want me to express that kind of romance right here, in this room. Or do you?" Yonghwa whispered taking Misa's hands in his squeezing them moving his face a little more closer to hers ending up kissing her cheek. "It's not the right time for that sunshine" he then sing songed. Misa just stood there dumbfounded and motionless. "You're such a tease. Aish!" she pouted going into the bathroom to gather your beauty products and such before putting them down on the bed.

 

"What am I going to do now? I have two more nights in this hotel and I'll be alone because Jamie will stay with Jonghyun for the time being" she sighed sitting down on the bed. "Hey, I am not going to let you sleep alone. God knows what kind of creep will show up at night" he smirked gathering some of Jamie's clothes coming across clean . "I was not prepared to find this" and quickly put back down the clothes. "Gimme that!" Misa murmured. "What else do you expect in a hotel room where only girls sleep? You'll find ! Jonghyun will find them interesting I'm sure" she chuckled slightly amused about the sudden subject change from romancing in the rain to underwear. She opened Jamie's suitcase and started putting all of her clothes and items in there. At least she tried. Why is the suitcase always too small when you need to pack so quickly? It all fit before, why didn't it fit just now? "How about I'll stay here for the next two nights?" Yonghwa suggested. Misa looked over her shoulders following oppa's long legs until she met with his eyes. "You sure you want to? You don't have to if you can't". Yonghwa kneeled down helping Misa to close Jamie's suitcase. "I want to. Someone needs to look out for you too". "Thanks" Misa smiled pulling up the suitcase "But you're not prepared for this?" and straighten herself. "How about we go for ice cream after we dropped Jamie and Jonghyun off? We'll grab my stuff on the way and come back here. It will be close to bedtime when we do I guess" Yonghwa suggested. "Okay" Misa agreed. "I just never turn off ice cream" and prepared herself to leave the room again until Yonghwa grabbed her wrist to stop her pulling her into his arms. "Will you turn me down?" he burning her up from inside out. Lost in the most beautiful eyes she's ever seen she shook her head when he suddenly leaned in planting a small kiss on her lips. "Let's go" he whispered smiling ily at her taking her hand in his grabbing Jamie's suitcase in his other hand.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]