THIRTEEN

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

"What's the deal with you and Jamie?" Key asked hearing out his best friend. "What do you mean?" Jonghyun asked dumbfounded pouring fresh made lemonade into two glasses. "Is she your girlfriend or not?" Key continued as he threw the macaroni in the boiling water. "You guys seem to be pretty close and cozy. Not forget to mention you have spent some nights with her haven't you?" "Do I really have to talk to you about this?" Jonghyun shrugged uncomfortably. "Well I assume you've been with her those nights you haven't slept in your own bed?" Key laughed while he took another pan from the cabinet. "Well I have, but I am just not sure if I should consider Jamie my girlfriend just yet" Jonghyun started earning death glares from his best friend. "Don't give me that look. It's not that I don't want her to be. I just think it's a little soon. We've only been knowing each other for what? Nine days now?" "Too soon? You already skipped through most things?!" Key reminded his hyung. "I just have never seen you this way. Surrender yourself to a girl so fast and easily too". "I can't help it. I know it doesn't look like me. Or maybe it is exactly like me and is it just a side of me I don’t even know about. But I genuinely really like her. She's very different from any girl I have dated and know" Jonghyun answered trying to convince his buddy. "I've fallen for her. She could be the one for me you know" he added before he realized what he just said. "Okay dino. Take it easy there! Just date for a little bit, then make her your girlfriend first and talk about marriage in a year or two. Or three" Key mumbled turning back to his cooking. Jonghyun knew Key was right. Why is he even thinking about that? But he sure couldn't help how he felt whenever he was with her. He’s new to this alien like feeling. It's not the kind of love he knows from previous relationships. It's different. It's deeper. He has a connection with her he can't explain. Jonghyun let out a sigh and picked up the glasses joining Jamie and Misa in the living room.

 

"Thank you" Misa smiled taking a sip from the tasty cold lemonade. "Let's do a board game for the time being" Taemin insisted once more putting Jenga on the table, which apparently didn't end up like a board game but at least everyone could join. Everyone was playing except for Jamie and Jonghyun. The two of them decided to just watch while Roo was staring in front of her, comfortably relaxing in her lap. After only playing a little twenty minutes, dinner was served and gathered yourselves around the kitchen table attacking the delicious looking homemade Mac and Cheese. Key's specialty. After everyone had their stomachs full with the delicious Mac and Cheese Key had made, Jamie decided to help Key cleaning up the table while everyone else headed back into the living room to play some racing game on the PlayStation. "Who wants to race against the greatness?" Onew cheered with confidence ready to beat anyone who had the guts to race against him. "No not again" Taemin whined digging his face into one of the pillows from the couch. "I would" Misa sing-songed confident to take on the leader. "Yeah are you sure about that? He's very competitive" Minho shrugged. "I've never played really. Does that make me an easy target to win from?" she giggled. "We'll make a test drive" Onew assured Misa who sat herself down next to Onew in front of the TV. "You got to explain to me how it works though because I have never played" she confessed. Onew chuckled and started explaining all the buttons on her controller before they actually started playing even though it was just a test round for Misa to get into the game.

 

"Thanks for helping. You didn't really have to" Key smiled putting the dishes into the dishwasher. "Don't worry about it. You've been in the kitchen to make us dinner while the others were having fun playing games. The least I can do is help" she convinced the diva. "They're probably racing" Key chuckled turning the dishwasher on while Jonghyun walked back into the dorm after letting the doggies out who all started to attack one another playfully as soon as they were released. "Hello gorgeous" Jonghyun sing songed walking into the kitchen cornering Jamie against the countertop after he grabbed himself a bottle of water from the fridge. "Hii" she smiled while Jonghyun pressed his lips on hers kissing them gently. "Ohkay, I got the memo" Key chuckled excusing himself from the kitchen leaving Jamie and Jonghyun to it. "Mhm" she mumbled caught by taste of his cherry kisses. "I've been missing this all day" she whispered snaking her arms around his waist. "Good, because I did too" Jonghyun whispered meeting his lips with hers again holding her as close as he possibly could. "I can't believe she beat me to it" Onew chuckled in disbelief that a newbie beat him into the PlayStation car racing game. "How does that feel now hyung?" Taemin laughed in amusement. "Well done noona" he high fived with Misa. "Are you sure that was your first time?" Minho asked surprised about her hidden gaming skills. Misa nodded "Yea! You don't believe me?" she shrugged sitting down back on the couch. Minho shook his head still shrugging “I never said I don’t believe you. It’s hard to believe you’re this good at a first time”. "How about we watch a movie?" Taemin suggested. "Where is dino?" Onew asked sounding surprised although he kind of guessed he was with Jamie. "He is with his girl" Key answered bluntly sitting down next to Misa. "Since when is he having a girlfriend?" Minho asked wondering why he's the last person to know moving his eyes between all the members around him. "I guess he's been dating her for a week and half now?" Onew answered.

 

"Wait, he's dating noona?" Minho asked surprised yet disappointed it seems. "Yes. He's dating noona. Not Misa noona, but Jamie noona" Taemin informed his housemate. Minho just sat there blinking his eyes taking all in what was just said. Were they serious? "Oh no, don't tell me you like her too?" Onew asked frowning at the flaming charisma. "I know you like noona's and I agree she's pretty, but someone already beat you to it" Onew reminded Minho. "Just don't get in the middle of their relationship" Key added. "Like he said" Taemin agreed. "I won't I won't. Who else wants something to drink?" Minho interrupted getting up from the couch. "Just get some lemonade and bring it over. It's in the fridge" Key reminded his friend before he headed into the kitchen. "What movie is it going to be?" Taemin asked looking around the room. "We haven't seen Maleficent yet" Key suggested since the movie was still in a plastic wrapper on top of the DVD player. "Maleficent it is" Onew sing-songed taking the DVD out of the wrapper and put it into the DVD player. "Is this okay with you?" Key asked Misa who was still sitting right next to him. Misa nodded "Yea I haven't seen that movie yet and I like these kind of movies. I hear it's good". "That's why we've bought it" Onew shrugged. "Whoa" Minho mumbled as soon as he walked in on Jamie and Jonghyun cozily kissing one another. "Don't mind me" and took the lemonade out of the fridge. "We're watching a movie. Mind to join?" Jonghyun smiled looking at them. "You're into watch a movie?" Jonghyun whispered rubbing Jamie’s arms knowing she was a little cold. She nodded. "Sounds good to me". "Can you bring in some more glasses?" Minho asked Jonghyun before he walked back into the living room joining the others. "Got it" Jonghyun answered loud enough for him to hear. "I'll get you a sweater" he whispered planting another kiss on her lips. "Okay" she whispered before letting go of her own Mr. Hottie and decided to bring the missing glasses Minho asked for.

 

"Unni, where have you been? You totally missed how I beat Onew to the car race" Misa smiled proudly as she sit herself down in the comfortable chair after putting the glasses down. "I was in the kitchen helping Key" she defended yourself. "You were not. Key was with us" Misa shrugged. "I get it. You two are all over each other these days. You don't have to explain" she added. "Good because I wasn't gonna" Jamie chuckled taking a sip from her drink while Jonghyun walked into the room handing her one of his sweaters. "It might be a little big" he said before he sat himself down on the leather chair with Jamie as she threw on his sweater. "It's fine. Thank you" she smiled making herself comfortable leaning into Jonghyun who wrapped his arms around her. "What are we watching?" he asked looking at his friends. "Maleficent. You know the Disney movie with Angelina Jolie?" Taemin sing songed holding the DVD up for both of them to see before he put it back down again.Once everyone got comfortable Onew pressed the play button on the remote to start the movie after Taemin brought out some snacks and spread them out on the table. While everyone was quietly watching the movie right into it, Roo was sleeping on Jamie’s lap and she had fallen asleep in Jonghyun's muscular arms herself during the second half of the movie. "Looks like someone has fallen asleep" Key chuckled at the sight of it. "Aigo, she really fell asleep" Misa whispered looking at Jamie and so did Jonghyun who couldn't stop smiling. "Maybe we should head back to the hotel?" Misa suggested now it wasn't too late outside At least, that’s what she thought. "It's almost 11. You girls could sleep here?" Key suggested. Misa shook her head. "I ...I am not really sure if that's a good idea". "Why not? We have space"Taemin agreed. "You can sleep on my bed. Don't worry I changed the bedding this morning" Key assured the worried looking Misa. "I don't know" she shrugged thinking of the idea being rather funny. "We have enough space" Taemin added sounding very convincing. "Ok ok ok, I guess" Misa gave in. "Good! Jamie can sleep in dino's bed. Perfect" Taemin cheered sounding exciting for the sudden sleepover.

 

"I'm going to put this one to bed" Jonghyun whispered sitting up a little trying not to wake Jamie up. "I'll take the doggie" Misa insisted carefully taking the sleeping dog from her lap. It wasn't easy but Jonghyun managed to ninja himself from behind her and bridal carried her into his bedroom putting her onto his bed. Jamie slightly moved her arm as soon as he laid her down. Carefully Jonghyun took off her shoes and pulled the blanket up to her waist leaving a kiss on her temple after he knew she was comfortable enough. Just when Jonghyun wanted to get up and leave the room Jamie pulled on his hand. "Can you stay with me?" she whispered while he sat back down on the bed. "Did I wake you?" Jonghyun whispered lying down next to her caressing her cheek. "You didn't. I just want you to stay. Please?" she whispered snaking her arms around his waist digging her face into his chest and closed her eyes again inhaling his scent and hearing his heartbeat against her ears. With a smile on his face Jonghyun untied the bandana around her head and kissed it one more time. "Good night baby" and held her as close as he could closing his eyes too. "I am going to get a few extra pillows and a blanket. If you want to change into anything?" Key asked looking at Misa who was petting the sleeping Roo on her lap. "Well if you have. I'll swim in all the outfits you guys have probably". "You can borrow a pair of my pants and a shirt? Jogging outfit I mean" Onew offered. "I got plenty" and got off the couch heading into his bedroom to get out some sweaty pants and a t-shirt. "Here. If you want to wash up, the bathroom is over there. Take your time" Onew offered flashing a big smile handing Misa the clothes. "Okay. Thanks for letting me borrow these" she thanked the leader and headed for the bathroom after she put Roo in her own little bed next to the rest of the doggies. "Someone looks comfy" Key mumbled to himself as soon he noticed Jamie and Jonghyun snuggled up in his bed while he tried to quietly take an extra pillow and blanket for himself sneaking out again as soon as he had one.

 

MISA'S POV

Once you were finished washing up, you walked into the living room finding Key making the couch and the rest of the guys just leaving into their room. "I could sleep on the couch too" you mumbled playing with your hands feeling a bit guilty. Key shook his head. "It's okay. It's only for one night and I'm the first one up to make breakfast. It's okay. Don't worry about it" Key assured you any possible way he could. "Good night Misa" Onew smiled before heading to his room. "Good night!" you smiled kind of waving your hand before you realized how awkward that was. "I guess good night then" you added turning around before you realized you didn't even know where the room was. "Oh, where is the room?" "It's the second door on the right. You'll find it" Key assured you while he made the couch comfortable for him to sleep on. You followed Key's direction and quietly walked into the room finding Jamie and Jonghyun asleep in what she assumed to be his bed and looked for Key's bed on the other side of the room. "They're definitely not just dating" you mumbled to yourself stepping in the bed making yourself comfortable and couldn't help but think of Yonghwa. He really kept your mind occupied somehow and you kind of missed him when you saw your best friend with Jonghyun. You released a heavy sigh before you discovered some stuffed animals on Key's bed and decided to just randomly grab one. It gave you comfort especially now as you were sleeping over in a strange environment and someone else's bed too. After tossing and turning, also you managed to catch your sleep.

 


 

....next morning....

 

Completely unaware of the time, you were awaken naturally by a full bladder. You tossed and turned a couple of times trying to ignore it and catch your sleep for a little bit longer. Until you could no longer ignore and was forced to get out and empty it. With a sleepy head you stepped out of bed dragging yourself quietly out of the room in hopes no one would be awake just yet. You were somewhat relieved nobody was up and stumbled into the bathroom when in your shock you bumped into Key splashing water in his face. "Oh my god" you mumbled closing the door again not expecting a shirtless Key washing himself up. On the other hand, what did you expect? You were in a house surrounded by boys! You’re the one who should have knocked after all, right? What were you thinking? Key quickly grabbed a clean small towel from the rack to dry his face before he opened the door "Noona?" he quietly shouted loud enough for you to hear. You turned around confronted with the shirtless diva again and quickly closed your eyes. This was not the reality you wanted. "You can use the bathroom if you like, I'm finished anyway" he assured you walking into his bedroom to grab a shirt to wear. The last thing he wanted was to do was making noona uncomfortable. Carefully you opened your eyes again and was relieved that the shirtless Key had left your sight. To bump into your own oppa's without a shirt on is one thing, but Key? You were not mentally prepared for that! After you used the bathroom you quietly walked back to the bedroom passing the kitchen finding Key doing god knows what in the kitchen. He's preparing breakfast already? You scratched the back of your head rather confused or was it too early to think?

 

"Can I make you some tea too?" Key asked running some water in the kettle. You stopped in your tracks. Was he talking to you? You blinked your eyes looking back at him and noticed he finally wore a shirt to cover himself and looked kind of tired. Did he sleep at all? Or did he just look this tired in the mornings naturally? You were planning on going back to bed and figured out you were awake now anyways and decided to keep Key some company instead. "What time is it?" you asked carefully dragging yourself into the kitchen. "It's 7:39 ish" Key answered with a sleepy voice putting the kettle on the stove and joined you at the kitchen table. "It's so early" you whined putting your head down on the table in front of you. "You're always up this early?" you asked before meeting your eyes with his again. "Actually, most of the time we have to get up at six or 5:30 even. When you're used to it, you wake up early on days where you don't even have a schedule" Key explained running his hands through his messy hair. "Free schedule today?" you asked sounding somewhat surprised. Key nodded "Yea, we'll be leaving to Brazil tomorrow so we have a day off" and walked back into the kitchen as soon as the kettle whistled to take the boiling water off the stove. "Brazil?! It must be nice to travel and see all these places" you continued while Key took two mugs out of the cabinet and filled them with the hot water. "We don't really get to see these places most of the time" Key explained putting the mugs back down on the table. "Usually we arrive, sleep during the flight and relax because we got work to do as soon as we get there. Although I do believe we have a little free time to ourselves this time to see a little bit of the city" Key chuckled sitting back down after he put the variety of tea in a box on the table. "I almost feel bad for you guys running from country to country" you confessed taking a sip from your tea. "It's okay. You don't really have to feel bad for us" Key assured you sipping from his tea too. "It's not as bad as it looks. We're busy most of the days, but we get paid to be". You nodded in agreement with a smile on your face "You have a point".

 

JAMIE'S POV

Meanwhile Jonghyun opened his eyes still finding you comfortably asleep with your head resting onto his chest and your hand next to your face and immediately smiled from one ear to the other. He couldn't recall one day he was feeling this happy and fulfilling at the same time as right at this moment you were sleeping in his arms. He carefully ran his fingers through your hair before he realized you were no longer wearing his sweater. He couldn't remember you had taken it off before you fell asleep again last night. You must have taken it off during the night?  While he carefully pulled on the blanket to cover you up a little more he felt your feet move between his as well as your hand down his chest. You groggily opened your eyes yawning lifting your head. "Good morning sleeping beauty" Jonghyun whispered smiling ily surprising you with a morning kiss. You definitely needed a little more time to wake up, but smiled as soon you realized you really were waking up in the same bed as him. "Did you sleep okay?" Jonghyun whispered slowly rubbing your back. "I guess I did" you whispered rolling yourself onto your stomach while Jonghyun wrapped his arms around you tightly and surprised you with another kiss. "I'm enjoying this too much" you chuckled while he practically forced you onto his body making it hard for you to move around. "What will I do if we can't be together anymore?" "Honey what are you talking about?" Jonghyun whispered smiling at you. "This? Us?" you reminded him with your eyes still locked on his. "I am not letting you go that easily" he teased you kissing your cheek. You chuckled at his words this early in the morning. "You well know what I mean. I got so used to being with you this much that it's hard to believe I am leaving in eight days and I am not quite sure if I want to" you confessed short after.

 

Jonghyun loosened his grip around you and instead ran his fingers through your hair peering into your eyes. "I wouldn't want you to go either, but we can make this work if we both want to" he whispered taking your face between his hands and smiled like a crazy person. "I think we both know we aren't just dating". You shrugged because you knew he was right and why deny it? "So I guess the guys are right" Jonghyun smirked. "What? I'm not following" you answered dumbfounded. Maybe you were awake at least a little bit by now, it was still a little early for riddles. "What I'm saying is, I should make you my girlfriend. Officially" he confessed leaving you stunned. Was he serious? Wasn't it a little too soon? But then again, what was really? "Will you be my girl?" Jonghyun added with a straight face in which you could tell he definitely wasn't fooling around. You didn't really know what to say, but you knew you had feelings for this guy that were hard to explain and would definitely make you a crazy one if you told your friends back home about it. "Are you sure this is what you want?" you asked afraid he will change his mind about you. "I want you?!" Jonghyun confessed giving you one of killer smiles. "I guess that's a yes?" You didn't say anything and replied his question by a kiss. "Is that a yes?" he asked one more time with a laugh in his voice to make sure he got this right. You chuckled in amusement. "What do you think?" and met your lips back with his again before he rolled you onto your back to deepen the kiss. After your little morning make out session you and Jonghyun both decided to get out as well to have some breakfast yourselves, but before you did you combed through your hair with your fingers a little since your pillow made something very creative out of your hair. "What happened to my sweater?" Jonghyun joked picking up his sweater from the ground and threw it over the chair in the corner before he surprised you with a back hug kissing your neck. "I'm sorry, I took it off. I was hot" you confessed trying to correct your hair a little. You did not want to look like Einstein in front of the rest of SHINee. "I'm sorry?!" you apologized taking his hands in yours. "Mhm it's ok. I was just teasing you" Jonghyun shrugged kissing your cheek once more. "You want to take a shower?" he whispered in your ear looking at you in the mirror. "Only if you come with me" you smiled turning around wrapping your hands around his neck. "I'm sure we can make those arrangements" he smirked convincing you with his sparkly seductive eyes. "Or do you want breakfast first?" "Maybe we should have breakfast first. I can use tea or coffee" you suggested giving your boyfriend one more kiss before you joined whoever you would find in the kitchen.

 

NO POV

"Look who we've got here!" Key smiled brightly clearly awake in your eyes. "Coffee, tea?" "Ah coffee, I really need to wake up" Jamie mumbled sitting down next to her best friend who was taking a bite from her toast. "Good morning" she smiled at Misa who was clearly enjoying breakfast. "Good morning you too" Misa smiled after she swallowed down her food. "You want milk with your breakfast?" Jonghyun asked while taking the milk out of the fridge. Jamie nodded and looked back at her friend. "Did you sleep?" Misa nodded "I did. It took me a little while to fall asleep though" she confessed taking a sip from her tea. "I thought my bed was comfortable" Key chuckled pretending to be offended. "Your bed was okay. I am just not so easily at ease in someone else's home" Misa explained taking another bite from her toast while Taemin and Minho walked in with their sleepy heads on. "Good morning" Minho mumbled while Jonghyun sat down on the empty chair next to Jamie after he put down the plates with toast and milk. "Good morning" Misa smiled blowing her tea a bit cold after it got refilled. "Here's your coffee my friend" Key smiled putting the fresh made coffee in front of Jamie. "Ah thank you" she smiled happy to know she’ll have some coffee this morning. "What's for breakfast?" Taemin asked rubbing his hand over his head from front to back a couple of times. "We'll have toast this time" Key bluntly answered and finally gave himself some time to enjoy his coffee moment. It was their day off after all. "So what are your plans for today?" Key asked looking at Jamie and back to Misa while he was sipping on his coffee. Jamie raised her shoulders. "I don't know really" and turned to face her best friend sitting next to her. "Didn't you have a date with Yonghwa today?" Misa nodded "I do. Oh my god. What time is it?" she suddenly panicked worried she wouldn't have enough time left to take a shower and dress herself properly before Yonghwa would come and pick her up at one. "Relax, it's only 9. You still have a little bit of time" Jamie assured her stressed friend. "It's only 10 "Ah well maybe so, but I really need to change clothes before I see him. I can't show up in front of him looking like this?" she ranted. Jamie chuckled over the fact that her best friend liked Yonghwa a whole lot more than she probably would admit herself. "Relax. We'll finish breakfast and then we'll go back to the hotel. Sounds good?" Jamie suggested taking another sip from her coffee.

 

"Unni, you really don't have to come with me. Jonghyun's leaving tomorrow. You should spend some time with him don't you think?" Misa assured Jamie with a smile on her face. She chuckled. "Well either way I need to change my clothes too. I can't be wearing the same clothes for two days in a row". "You can still wear mine" Jonghyun joked interrupting the conversation kissing her cheek. "Get a room you two" Key complained waving his hand enough of all the PDA action in front of his eyes and that early in the morning. "Hyung, why do you have to be so affectionate this early in the morning?" Taemin confronted his band mate. "What can I say? How can I not be affectionate towards my girlfriend?" Jonghyun bluntly answered throwing his arm around Jamie’s shoulder purposely kissing the corner of to tease everyone, except for Jamie herself, because she didn't mind it one bit. "Girlfriend?" Key chuckled. "I knew it!" "Hyung, Jamie noona really is your girlfriend?" Taemin asked sounding a bit confused or maybe it was too early for him to wrap his head around. "Yes this beauty right next to me is my girlfriend" Jonghyun confessed with a big smile on his face planting a kiss on her lips this time. "Okay that's enough affection for me this early in the morning" Misa joked making everyone else laugh at that statement except for Minho who looked somewhat disappointed to hear and see that she was officially taken by Jonghyun. "How about we get ourselves ready and I'll drop you off?" Jonghyun suggested breathing onto her lips. "Okay" she smiled at the handsome looking Jonghyun in front of her. "That way Misa can get ready for her date and you'll get to change your clothes too and then, I can take you out for today" he smirked stealing another kiss from her. "Let's take a shower" and took Jamie’s hand dragging her along while Onew walked into the kitchen just pointing at the two of them looking a bit confused. Key blinked his eyes looking at Misa who just raised her shoulders as if saying 'Don't ask me' as she quietly drank the rest of her tea while Onew decided to sit down on the empty chair on her left.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]