TWENTY-FIVE

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

JAMIE'S POV

"Can I make you guys some tea?" Key whispered after he carefully knocked on the door cocking his head around the corner. Jonghyun looked up at the door while you were peacefully sleeping with your head on his chest when he laid down on his back. "I'm sorry, I didn't know..." Key apologized. Jonghyun made a gesture as if not to worry about it while he had his other hand resting on your back. "Should I count on both of you for dinner? You guys need to eat though" Key insisted giving his best friend a concerned look, but as soon as his eyes moved to you he knew it could take a while. "Anyway, us guys will grab something to eat on the way before we go out see our families for a couple of days. Anything you need?" "No it's ok. I'll take care of the food in case we'll get hungry. Don't worry about us" Jonghyun whispered looking back at you gently rubbing your back "Jamie needs her sleep right now. I guess it's been too much for her the last couple of days I wasn't around". Key nodded "I get it. Well I guess then, see you in like five days again". Jonghyun held his free hand up "Say hi to your parents and to the rest of the guys. I will probably not see them until band practice either or back here in the dorm in the next five days right?" Key chuckled "It's been a while we've been off for five days in a row so everyone's out to see their families now they can. Spend some quality time. So I guess not, but I will do. You two have fun too" he then smiled before closing the door giving the two of you the space you needed. Jonghyun could stare at you and watch you sleep for hours. You were so peaceful and calm right now and it wasn't long before he closed his eyes and fell asleep too. After sleeping for three hours Jonghyun woke up and looked at his watch and noticed it was close to nine in the evening already. He looked to his left since you were no longer asleep with your head on his chest, but still faced towards him and smiled like an idiot running his fingers over your jawline before he planted a kiss on it. He definitely could get used to this kind of life and couldn't wait to live together. Without waking you he carefully stepped out of bed deciding to prepare something to eat for the two of you, because no matter what, you needed to eat and he was going to make sure you would.

 

It was only a matter of time that the smell of food would wake you up one way or another. Groggily you opened your eyes stretching yourself yawning like no tomorrow. You felt somewhat better this time around and at least you got to sleep. Finally! You looked to your right hoping to find Jonghyun, but you didn’t. While you sat yourself up straight giving yourself some time to adjust to the scenery not jumping out of bed in excitement, you took the braid out of your hair combing your fingers through it. You tried at least, but it didn’t help much. It was a mess and you were in very much need of a shower. Carefully you stepped out of bed looking for the bathroom first to splash some water on your face. Your eyes were sticky as glue. As soon as you walked into the living room you found your boyfriend in the kitchen preparing dinner for the two of you. You smiled as you slowly approached that y man from behind wrapping your arms around his waist. “Did I wake you?” Jonghyun whispered looking over his shoulder before he wrapped his arm around you kissing your head. “No you didn’t. It was the food” you replied dryly looking up meeting with his eyes. “Which smells really good by the way” you added while Jonghyun pulled you closer which now you were standing in front of him. “Did you sleep alright?” he whispered peering back into your eyes taking your face between his hand palms. You nodded “I did. I finally did. Thank god!”. “You really didn’t sleep much when I wasn’t here did you?” Jonghyun smirked while you s your arms around his waist again. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what’s going on with me, but somehow I just missed you so much that I couldn’t sleep”. “It’s a good thing I came home earlier. You really make me worried you know that?”. “I’m sorry. I can’t help it” you whispered not taking your eyes of his. “It’s okay. I know you’re not doing that on purpose. But it is exactly why…” he continued lifting you up by your waist putting you back down on the counter. “I need you to move in with me. And of course, I want us to be a family. You, me and this little one growing inside of you” Jonghyun continued to whisper while you leaned in to kiss that boyfriend of yours running your fingers through his hair.

 

“What are you making?” you asked interrupting the kissing trying to figure out what the delicious looking food was. “That…” Jonghyun started pulling you closer by your hips “...is something special” he added planting his lips in your neck before he looked back at you. “...because I am going to eat you” he continued teasing you pretending to take a bite from your lips. “You’re crazy” you giggled playfully pushing him away. “You don’t want to be eaten by me?” Jonghyun teased you once more before you pulled him closer again. “What about the food?” you whispered keeping your eyes locked on his. “We can eat that anytime we want because it happens to be finished. All we’d need to do is warm it up when we get hungry” he whispered leaning forwards to kiss you. “Mhm...okay” you whispered interrupting the kissing again “But I still need a shower. My hair feels dirty because of the rain”. Jonghyun sincerely investigated you before a smile appeared on his face. “Your hair?” and ran his fingers through it looking back at you. “Your hair looks fine to me” he sing-songed planting his lips back in your neck. You closed your eyes because you were enjoying his attention. “Babe...I’m serious…” you mumbled wanting him more than anything else in the world right now, but you couldn’t help feeling dirty. Jonghyun looked back at you tucking his hands under your shirt “I guess you won’t be needing this then” he smirked taking off your shirt followed by your pants. “Not here in the kitchen?!” you whispered “What if someone walks in on us having ?” “Baby, relax! I’d wait with that until we found our own place. But right now, let’s shower together” he added scooping you off the counter again while you wrapped your legs around his waist and your arms draped around his manly shoulders. “Okay” you whispered hungrily kissing his lips. “Mhm…” you interrupted the kissing once more “...babe, the stove…”. “I already took care of that babe” he smiled ily kissing you again while he headed into the bathroom.

 

In the bathroom you took off Jonghyun’s shirt as soon as he put you back down on the ground. “I like my view” you whispered biting your lip running your hands down his chest after he the facet. “You do?” he teased you even though he kind of knew what you were thinking and wrapped his arms around you sliding his hands down your back taking off your bra before he took lead again kissing you while you took off his shorts and boxers. Slowly but careful you walked backwards into the shower pulling Jonghyun with you as the two of you got showered on. “I am going to want this every day” you whispered confessing admiring your boyfriend’s wet look. “Baby that’s not a question. You and I both know that” he chuckled pinning you against the wall before he lifted you by your hips again while you locked your legs around his waist again. “I want you” you whispered running your hands through his wet hair the second he started kissing your neck. It wasn’t long before you two were trapped in a make-out session that was as hot as the steam filling up the bathroom. After you were both showered completely you dried yourselves while you wrapped the towel around your damp body since you two didn’t exactly prepare anything to wear. You felt so much better being showered and washed, but so did Jonghyun who couldn’t resist to surprise you with a back hug when you grabbed some clean and a silky nightdress to wear. You couldn’t stop smiling knowing you didn’t have to miss him anymore for the next days at least. “Jong…” you giggled the second he was kissing your neck all over again. “You don’t like my attention anymore?” he whispered in your ear now kissing your shoulder. “I do, but before we get lost in act of love again, can we please maybe eat something first? I’m kind of starving” you confessed turning around wrapping your arms around his neck. “Of course we can. I’ll go warm it up okay?” You nodded “Thank you” kissing your boyfriend. While he disappeared into the kitchen again as he was kind of dressed again since he was a whole lot faster than you, you dried yourself off throwing your silky nightdress on before you brushed your hair and joined your man in the kitchen.

 

MISA'S POV

Once you were finished with your shower and dressed into something a little more comfortable and warm brushing your hair, Yonghwa walked in looking like a drained puppy. “Omo!” you mumbled with big eyes putting your brush aside. “You really didn’t have to go out in weather like this? Didn’t you bring an umbrella?” Yonghwa shook his head as well shaking off the water from his jacket “I forgot and left it here. It’s okay, I will take a shower and I’ll be fine” he convinced you putting down the white transparant plastic bags on the ground since they were wet too. “I am finished so you can shower if you want” you added sitting back down on the bed picking up your brush again. Lost in a trance Yonghwa just stupidly stood there for a couple of seconds not moving his eyes fixed on you brushing your hair. He didn’t realize your hair was that long. You noticed he was looking and paused what you were doing “What?” and chuckled wondering why he was staring at you like that. Did you look that funny? Was it your sleeping outfit? Was it your hair? Yonghwa shook his head “Nothing, I was just…” and noticed he was stammering. He never stammers. “I was just admiring your hair. Never realized it was this long” he smiled finally taking off his jacket. “Oh...kay” you shrugged never seen Yonghwa in this state yet. “It’s gorgeous” he added giving you one of his y smiles that made you blush, again! “Thanks” you smiled before he disappeared into the bathroom to take his shower after he grabbed everything he needed out of his sports bag. ‘He likes my hair?’ you mumbled silently in thought finishing what you were doing with a braid.

 

After a little ten minutes or so Yonghwa walked into the bedroom again joining you looking extremely handsome and polished wearing his sweatpants and white t-shirt. Not forget to mention his dark hair that seemed to sparkle under the lights. It looked so shiny and perfect it could have been used for a shampoo commercial. “Wow” you mumbled silently, so you thought. “You’re okay?” Yonghwa chuckled because of your facial expression. You shook your head in embarrassment that you actually said it out loud. “Oh nothing” you lied looking away avoiding eye contact with Yonghwa. “Assuming there would be nothing interesting on the TV such as a movie, I decided to bring some board games” he smiled pulling out a set of chess, scrabble, mahjong and uno cards. You giggled in amusement because at least three of them you haven’t played in years, except for chess that is. “It’s good with you?” Yonghwa smiled putting the games in the middle of the floor in the room along with the snacks he bought earlier. You nodded “I can’t believe you still have these games”. “I guess these games never fail. That is why. Old games always seem to be the most amusing and the best way to kill time on rainy days like these. Don’t you think?” Yonghwa added before he sat down on the floor making himself comfortable. You followed his example and sat down across from him. “It is. Apart from chess, I haven’t played uno or mahjong for years. Oh and scrabble reminds me of old times playing it with my grandparents. I had almost forgot about these”. Yonghwa smiled ily “Well in that case, you pick which one you want to play first” he insisted. That was an easy pick because you were pretty good at this board game in particular “how about chess?” “You’re trying to make a statement here missy?” Yonghwa smiled clearly joking preparing the chessboard in front of you. “Black or white?” You gave him a suspicious look “Black of course. Which means, you’ll get white and you get to start. Meaning I will totally kick your ” you challenged him. Yonghwa laughed holding his hand in a fist in front of his mouth feeling somewhat intimidated. “I’m scared now and we’re just getting started. I guess I shouldn’t mess with you then” he added playfully. You shook your head “You’re warned that is” and put the black chess players on the board as Yonghwa was doing the same.

 

Playing by the rules Yonghwa was playing with white and was the one to start. Despite of people saying that those who play with the white pieces are at advance, you were thinking much differently because you were confident to be in advance instead. Observe and act on what moves Yonghwa makes. While playing you didn’t exactly give much away keeping up a straight face as your brains would think ahead on which piece to move next.  Would it be the Bishop, the Pawn, or the Queen? You were wrong thinking it to be easy peasy playing against the handsome looking Mr. Jung sitting across from you looking concentrated on which to move forward. He was good. Was it one of his hidden talents? You didn’t know, but you still wanted to kick his and beat him to it. Lucky for you, in the end Yonghwa made certain moves that rather caught him in a web he couldn’t get out, which in your luck, you won. “I told you” you cheered throwing your arms above your head in victory. “You did really well. You’re a tough cookie” Yonghwa chuckled preparing the checkered board for round number two. “But honestly, you were pretty good too. It wasn’t so easy to beat you to this. I had to think hard” you chuckled leaning back on your hands. “Who taught you to play like this?” Yonghwa smirked keeping his eyes sternly fixed on you eager for you to answer it. “My oppas taught me really. I grew up with them and they taught me how to play it this way. Of course when I was younger they would always let me win making it too easy for me, probably just because I was a girl I’m sure, but they knew as soon as I grew up, they had to play honest with me so that’s how I started playing the way I do now. I obviously lost a lot of times, but I observed how they were playing. My oppas are good at this. I guess I learned from the best right?” you explained while Yonghwa considered his first move again. “I’m sure your oppas are proud right now how you make toast of your component”. You nodded agreeing to that statement. “I’m not a perfect player though, but I am not bad”. Yonghwa shook his head “You’re definitely not a bad player. I have a gut feeling you will beat me again” he joked as you two continued to play and watch each other’s move.

 

In the end, both you and Yonghwa ended up winning both at least once. Yonghwa wasn’t as bad as he claimed to be. He just doesn’t like to admit that he’s a handsome looking Korean with nerdy brains. “Scrabble next?” Yonghwa suggested while you both cleaned up the chess game. You nodded “Okay. Let’s see who makes the best words” you challenged him once more. Yonghwa chuckled “You really are dangerous. Challenging me like this”. “Are you intimidated?” you while he put down the scrabble board. “A little, but I like it” Yonghwa confessed. As soon as you were ready to play the, the lightning outside got so intense followed by a drum of thunder that startled the two of you at the same time. It was loud. So loud it probably anywhere near the hotel you were at right now. “I really don’t like this kind of weather. It creeps me out” you confessed bringing your knees up to your face hugging them tightly. “What if it strikes in this hotel? There is something frightening about thunderstorms”. “Probably because it makes you feel powerless, but you know what? Nothing will happen. The thunderstorm won’t last that long. I hope so at least. It will be gone before we know it. And I guess if it really makes you that uncomfortable we can take a break and watch a little bit of TV until it blows over. This way your mind is somewhere else” Yonghwa suggested. He was probably right. Sitting on the floor playing board games while Mother Nature was showing her anger outside was not doing you any good. TV good be a good distraction. “TV sounds good” you agreed forcing yourself back onto your feet and so did Yonghwa. “Any preference on what you want to watch?” You shook your head. “Just anything will do”.

 

With that said Yonghwa switched on the TV and made himself comfortable on the bed Jamie used to sleep while you did the same as he skipped through some channels stopping at some Korean kid’s cartoons channel. You tried to focus on the TV but it wasn’t of any use. The thunder was distracting you big time. Just when you were considering on joining Yonghwa on his bed instead to look for some kind of comfort, your phone started buzzing. “Who’d be calling at this hour?” you mumbled looking at the screen when you saw it was one of your oppas calling. Eagerly you picked up for all you know it could be urgent. “Hello?” “Dearest sis, it's Bhaiya here. How is my little sis doing?” he cheered sounding too happy to hear you. “Oppa...I’m going pretty good. How is mom and dad?” It was only three days since you last spoke to your mom, but somehow it felt like forever. “They’re both okay. How are you enjoying your little vacation? I have not spoken to you since you actually got there”. Bhaiya asked curious to find out what you have been up to. You chuckled “It’s been amazing and so much. Seoul is so beautiful and the people are friendly. Those I met at least. I am not sure if they all are, but those I came across seem to be. My gosh, you won’t believe it, but they sell the best chocolate flavored ice cream here. I am so going to miss this place” you ranted. Bhaiya wasn’t an idiot and knew you were going to miss more than just the chocolate flavored ice creams. “It’s good you’re having a good time but don’t do anything irresponsible okay sis?” he preached. “Of course not. I can still look after myself” you replied now pacing back and forth in the room and Yonghwa didn’t need to understand much that you were probably talking to family right now. “Enough about me. How was your business trip to London wasn’t it?” you asked to change subject before he was going to fish and ask what kind of people you’ve have met during your stay. “It was rainy. It’s nothing compared to India. I didn’t prepare for long sleeves since it’s always warm and hot where we live so I had to buy me some. But the city is nice. I think you will like it too. Maybe one day you can go”. “Mhm, I always thought British people were a little uptight” you added. “They are okay really. Some are rude, but you have rude people everywhere. Overall I think they were friendly and the hotel I stayed at was really good. A little expensive, but London isn’t cheap” Bhaiya chuckled.

 

“Well the reason I called” Bhaiya continued. “Your flight back to India was on the 20th right?” You nodded as if he could see it but he obviously couldn’t. “Yes. Why?”. “Mom received a call this afternoon and she was told that the flight you were on was double booked meaning that they had to reschedule yours”. ‘Please don’t tell me my flight is leaving sooner than planned. Please!’ you begged pleading in your mind. “Now what? How do I go back?” you pretended to somewhat panic. “You still get your flight back no worries. The only exception is that they had to rebook yours and booked it for the 23rd instead”. “Another three days?” you asked in disbelief. “Yes and since the fault was on their end they will give you a voucher for a discount of 20% or something the next time you book a flight with them and they will refund the extra nights you will have to stay”. You blinked your eyes in disbelief. Was he real? “Is it real? But how can they double booked my flight?” Bhaiya sighed. “Sis I don’t know. I guess people make mistakes and something these systems screw up. From what mom told me and what she heard from the lady working for this airline, they had a power outage and disturbance in their booking system. Some bookings were double and they’re in the middle of fixing it”. “Oh” you replied sounding stunned. But that was good for you because now you got to stay three days longer. “Will you be okay?” Bhaiya asked with that concern in his voice not finding it assuring that his little sis was on the other side of Asia all by herself forced to stay longer. “Y...yes. Of course I will be okay. Oppa, don’t worry so much okay? I might be little in your eyes still but I can very well take care of myself. I’ll be okay these extra days. Don’t worry” you assured your brother best way you could. “What about your friend. What was her name again? Jamie something? When is she going back? I really don’t like the idea of leaving you all by yourself” Bhaiya continued. “I guess Jamie will stay for a little while longer than I am so I will be okay and will not be alone” she somewhat lied. Jamie wasn’t staying with you, but Yonghwa was. You didn’t like to lie but you also didn’t want them to worry more about you than the probably already did. “What? Didn’t she go a little before you or after?” your brother added scratching his head clearly confused. “Yes she was, but she was offered a project to work on with some Idols so she will be staying longer” you lied again. There was no way they needed to know that Jamie was going to stay in Seoul because of a guy she met and ended up pregnant. Just like that. It was none of their business after all. Although it made you feel a little guilty you couldn’t be honest and open to your oppa about it. But you knew if you were going to tell them all that, they would never allow you to leave the country on your own ever again.

 

Bhaiya sighed taking whatever his sis was just telling him. “Okay. I’m relieved to know that you’re not alone at least and that you’re with someone we know and trust a little”. If only they knew you thought. “I’ll be okay. Nothing will happen to me and it’s just three more days. I am not going to lie I am going to enjoy these extra three days of course, but I’d also be glad to be coming home” you confessed sitting back down on the bed again. “That’s a relief too. I almost thought you were having too much fun you wouldn’t miss us that much”. You shrugged “Of course I miss my oppas. How can I not?”. “Good. I gotta go and you will probably need your sleep. Take care of yourself and do anything I wouldn’t do” Bhaiya reminded you. “Never” you chuckled before you said your goodbyes and hung up. “Talking about my oppas. That was one of them” you smiled putting the phone back down. “Is everything okay?” Yonghwa asked correcting the pillow behind his head. You nodded “Yea. Actually, I get to stay three more days because the flight company had a disturbance on their booking system that my flight was double booked they had to reschedule it” you explained. “Really?” Yonghwa smiled sitting up straight again. You nodded “I guess I have three more days to see the best of Seoul before I leave” and made yourself comfortable on the bed. “I was just thinking. Maybe, just maybe we can go for a drive somewhere outside of Seoul. I want you to see at least a bit of Korea. Show you a little bit of nature. Beach, woods. Anything. Would you be up for that?” he suggested. “Ah I don’t know. I can’t just leave. Jamie unni thinks I am staying here. She’ll be worried” you doubted. “No! Maybe they want to join us? We can go for a small trip and camp here and there for two or three nights and come back. This would be great. We’d have music and campfires and of course the best foods” Yonghwa convinced you into his idea smiling so ily at you that it was distracting. You liked the idea of being out in the nature, but with Jamie’s condition, you were not sure if they would be up for it. “I guess we can ask them if they have interest in joining I guess”. “So if they go you will come too right?” You nodded “Of course. I guess it would be a perfect end to wrap up the adventure”. “I’ll send Jonghyun a text then. And maybe just maybe, the guys can come too? I’m pretty sure they will be in for that?” Yonghwa continued to add more people to the adventure but it was all good with you. The whole journey started with them and the best way to celebrate the end of an unforgettable adventure is to have them tag along too. “I guess if they are free, it would be cool I guess” you smiled excitedly. “Great! I’ll go text them and see who’s in. You will not regret this. I’ll make sure these will be the last days of your vacation spent”. You chuckled at his sudden excitement “Okay” and focussed back on the TV while Yonghwa started sending texts to Jungshin, Jonghyun, Minhyuk and SHINee’s Jonghyun.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]