THREE

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

Jamie knocked on the guy's' door twice before someone actually heard and came out to meet the two of them. "Let's eat! I'm starving" Minhyuk complained in need of some food in his stomach since it was close to eight in the evening already. "I hear ya. Can we go now?" Misa agreed feeling as if she was going to die if she was not going to eat anytime soon. Jonghyun closed the door once everyone was out and joined the rest who were waiting for the elevator. "Hyung, you know a good restaurant in Gangnam right?" Minhyuk asked looking at Yonghwa confidently he knew most of the restaurants and bars in the Gangnam area. 'Gangnam? Isn't that a little too expensive?' Misa thought not wanting to pay a fortune for food that didn't necessarily have to cost too much. "Don't worry. It's our treat" Yonghwa whispered in Misa's ear making her jump. "I know the right place where we can at least have a drink and have something really good to eat without being bothered by fans or camera's" he assured everyone. Once the elevator was up, everyone got in and stepped out on the ground floor leaving the hotel quietly before anyone could actually recognize CNBlue. "Hyung? What are we going to do about the room?" Jonghyun asked while he got into the van. "I'll give them a call later we don't need that room. Although they will probably still charge it" Yonghwa bluntly answered getting behind the wheel. "Ladies first!" Jungshin gestured to the both girls before himself and Minhyuk got in and closed the door shut. Seoul was no longer light and sunny but dark filled with lit up buildings and signs. Not forget to mention a lot of people were preparing themselves for a night out eating street foods and drinking Soju. Jamie had to admit that Seoul looked gorgeous at night. Both she and Misa were full in awe as soon as Yonghwa parked the van somewhere in the busy Gangnam district.

 

"Whoa, I want to take a lot of pictures" Misa cheered becoming excited about the beautiful night view and impressive buildings. "Come take a selfie with me unni" she cheered pulling on Jamie's arm so that both would fit the frame. The two posed smiling brightly striking a cheeky pose. "I can take one for you two if that's easier?" Yonghwa offered. Misa smiled taking the offer handing her phone to Yonghwa forgetting he was CNBlue's leader for a second and just a random dude instead. Jamie wrapped her arm around her bestie's shoulder while the two of them did the signature peace sign smiling like no tomorrow enjoying being a tourist for once. "There" Yonghwa smiled ily at Misa making her slightly blush. "Thanks". "Hyung let's take a group selfie" Jonghyun suggested preparing the camera of his phone. The girls at first thought it was a little odd, but it was his idea wasn't it? Maybe they liked hanging out with a couple of strangers for a change. Everyone closed in so that everyone would perfectly fit one frame, well almost. Jonghyun, Jamie and Misa in the front and Jungshin, Minhyuk and Yonghwa behind. You were all laughing after failing up to five times making the sixth shot genuine hilarious since everyone was laughing widely showing a good time. "Yah, this one looks really fun" Jonghyun smiled showing the sixth picture taken to everyone. "You should send it to us" Jamie insisted and started to exchange phone numbers with Jonghyun. "I'll send it to you in a bit?" Jamie nodded and agreed tucking her phone away. "Fooooooood" Minhyuk cheered like a happy child hungry as a tiger. You two were lucky to even be in the Gangnam district with these four boys, because if it weren't for them, you wouldn't have a seat in any of these bars as they are usually booked out if you didn't reserve ahead. Apparently Yonghwa came here quite often and could just walk in without making any reservations. "A table for six" Yonghwa smiled friendly at the host. It only was a matter of seconds before they were escorted to a free table in the back. "Are you sure this is a restaurant?" Jamie wondered looking around thinking it looked more like a bar. "It is a restaurant. But there is a bar next to it belonging to the same owner" Jonghyun explained. "We could have a drink or two after we have our food". Everyone sat down and ordered something they were craving for and started to enjoy the delicious food served quite soon after before the group decided to check out the bar next to the restaurant to have a drink to celebrate the summer.

 

After Yonghwa paid for everyone's dinner with his credit card, the whole group left moving on to the bar next to the restaurant that looked just as exclusive as the restaurant itself. The bar was set with a lot of black and white furniture, neon lights and crystal like decorations. The second both Jamie and her best friend walked in, it appeared to them to be a social hangout spot for celebrities and rich people. But then again, they were in the Gangnam area after all. "After you" Yonghwa smiled at Misa and gestured her to sit down on the white leather couch going around the black polished table. Misa was still a bit uneasy over the fact CNBlue's leader was flirting with her or maybe he was just polite? Nonetheless she knew to enjoy every single second because who get to tell they've been invited to a bar by CNBlue? And who get to say that Mr Jung has been flirting? That's right, nobody! Once everyone took a seat on the couch around the table, Yonghwa and Jonghyun decided to get some drinks to their table even though Misa didn't really drink any alcohol, she was going to stick with the alcohol free cocktails as they were fruitie, just the way she liked it. "So tell us more where you girls are from?" Minhyuk asked curious to find out more about other countries than just Korea. "You're from Germany and you're from India right?" Jonghyun asked moving his eyes between Jamie and Misa to which they both nodded in agreement. "We have never been to India" Jungshin sighed as if he was disappointed that he never was. "We should go to India sometime". "Yes come to India" Misa agreed excitedly and took a sip from her drink. "Why do you never come to India if I may ask?" Jonghyun shook his head raising his shoulders at the same time. "Manager just never plans us for a tour there, but that's a very good question" and took a sip from his beer. "I agree with the rest. We should go there for tour next time" Yonghwa added turning to look at Misa who was sitting two people away from him giving her one of his y smiles. Jamie chuckled at the sight of Misa getting nervous taking bigger sips from her alcohol free cosmopolitan cocktail nearly choking on it. It was like watching a fish on dry land. "Oh my god, are you okay?" she continued to chuckle padding her best friend lightly on the back. Misa raised her hand. "I’m fine" and started coughing. "No you're not" Jamie sighed. "I will get you some water". Misa continued to cough still her hand up in the air "No I am ok. It just got in the wrong pipe" and coughed harder than she was before.

 

JAMIE'S POV

You just ignored whatever your best friend was telling you to do and thought she was a little stubborn for a change. You got up from your seat and passed Jonghyun to get your coughing friend a glass of water. Not paying attention to where you were going, you unwillingly headed for the bathroom instead of the bar. "Noona, the bar is that way" Minhyuk giggled. "Noona is already tipsy and she didn't even finish her drink" Jungshin chuckled slightly amused. "Unni only took a few sips, that won't make her tipsy" Misa convinced the rest of the group with a smile in her voice. Just when she thought her coughing had stopped, she started all over again as soon as she started talking. Dry throat maybe? Or maybe it's the dry air in the bar? You took a left and headed for the bar where you ordered two glasses of water. One for yourself and one for your best friend who seemed to be coughing her lungs out. "How much is it?" you asked the gentleman behind the bar since he didn't ask you for money. "It's taken care of. You can take it with you" he chuckled wondering why you were looking so confused. You blinked your eyes. "Okay" and tucked your money back in your pocket and shook your head. "That guy seriously need to pay for everything?" you mumbled picking up the glasses from the bar ready to turn around, but then you were bumping into someone who seemed to be standing so close behind you that you started to spill  some water over your shirt and the guy in front of you. 'Oh no' you cursed in your head. Lucky you were wearing a black top, but you still had some water on your pants. "Are you seriously kidding me?" you whined loud enough for anyone to hear blowing your hair out of your face before looking back up while the water was dripping down your hand. "I am so......" and took a pause "Sorry" you added before you realized it was SHINee's Jonghyun you bumped into. How on earth is everything happening so randomly? "Are you okay?" he smiled cutely at you not even worried about the wet spot on his shirt. You squeezed your eyes closed and turned around putting the glasses down on the bar. 'This is so painful. I freaking spilled water on his white shirt' you cursed at yourself in your head. "I'm sorry about your shirt" you mumbled as soon as you turned back around drying your hands on your pants as they were wet anyway. You looked down and it looked as if you just peed in them. 'How embarrassing' and let out a sigh looking up again to meet back with those eyes that were somewhat distracting you. "It's just water, don't worry about it" Jonghyun assured you peering deep into your eyes making you nervous. Very nervous. 'Don't do that, just don't' and quickly turned around again to face the bar resting your hands on your legs.

 

"What can I get you?" the lady in the red top behind the bar asked politely. "Two waters please" Jonghyun ordered as he had one of his hands resting on your back. 'Why is he touching me?' you wondered, but before you could turn around he already removed his hand. "You don't really have to buy me" you murmured loud enough for him to hear. Just before Jonghyun could answer that, someone behind the two of you pushed him against you pressing his body against yours. Your eyes grew big and made you more nervous than you already were. Not forget to mention your body temperature was rising with it too. You could feel yourself glowing from inside out. "I'm so sorry about that" Jonghyun apologized taking two steps back again grabbing the two glasses of water from the bar. "Take it" he insisted with his eyes still locked on yours passing the glasses of water to you. "I spilled the water on your shirt. Shouldn't I be the one to apologize?" Jonghyun shook his head giving you one of his y smiles. "I should have been careful. It's alright". You blinked your eyes not sure how to behave or what to say. "Thank you" you smiled back nervously avoiding eye contact with this man. "You're welcome" he smiled back at you stepping aside to let you through. "Hyung? Where are our drinks?" Taemin shouted wondering why Jonghyun was taking so long to order a few drinks. It was a close call you would bump into Taemin and spill the water all over again except on him this time. You did not want that to happen. "Oops sorry" Taemin smiled stepping aside to let you through. "What happened to your shirt?" he wondered as he looked into your direction and back at Jonghyun. "She spilled it on you didn't she?" Jonghyun shrugged it off shaking his head. "It's just water. Don't worry about it. It will dry". Taemin rubbed the back of his neck. "Now where are our drinks? The others are waiting too you know. They actually sent me out here to look for you" Taemin asked looking at his hyung knowing he completely forgot to order the drinks and looked strangely distracted in his eyes. "You forgot it didn't you?" Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "I didn’t forget. Let's get these drinks and get back to our table. We don't want to keep everyone waiting".

 

You finally made your way back to the table joining the rest of the group who were clearly wondering what took you so long. "Must be crowded at the bar?" Jungshin joked while you put the glasses down. "Unni, what happened to your pants?" Misa asked giving you a confused look. It looked somewhat a bit weird. "It's just water. No biggie, it will dry" you assured your best friend passing Jonghyun again to sit down next to your best friend. "You got clumsy again didn't you?" Misa teased you with a big smile on her face knowing you better than anyone else. "Forever sangtae". You both laughed at that statement since only you two knew what you were talking about. "Here drink some water" you insisted pushing the glass in front of your friend who seemed to have been exchanging eye contact with Yonghwa. "Do you have something to tell me?" you smirked whispering in Misa's ear. She shifted in her seat to look at you. "You know, he's a bit disturbing. He keeps flirting. Or am I just too tired to function?" You giggled. "Whatever it is I am sure you're not imagining it. Maybe he just wants to get to know you?" Misa rolled her eyes not believing your words. "Yea, but seriously? Why are they being so friendly to strangers like us?" You raised your shoulders "I don't know, but I think we will wake up from this dream one way or another". "You're right" Misa agreed taking a few big sips from her glass of water. "I am starting to get a bit tired though, what time is it?" You pulled your phone out of your purse and it was almost 10 PM already. "It wouldn't be a bad idea to go back and get some sleep" and took another sip from your cocktail "I feel jet lagged". Just when you put the glass back down Jonghyun and Taemin passed your table causing Misa to choke on her drink. "Are you kidding me? Unni, this is not really happening right?" You didn't really hear what your best friend was saying but somehow just glanced in front of you while Jonghyun smiled at you following Taemin back to their own table. "Noooo!" Misa said shocked poking your arm. "Did he just really look at you?" You snapped out of your gaze. "Mhm?" "Unni, you're distracted" and couldn't help but laugh at the priceless facial expression of yours. "I think I am going cuckoo" you bluntly answered taking a few sips from your water. "Something happened? No wait. You bumped into the dino didn't you?" Misa asked more than curious what her unni was doing at the bar earlier. "I'll tell you when were are back at our hotel okay?" you whispered to your friend sitting next to you.

 

NO POV

"Guys? I think we should go?! I know it's not that late but we are kind of tired" Jamie interrupted the fun. "That's okay we'll take you back to your hotel" Minhyuk insisted. Jamie shook her head "It's okay. You guys have done so much for us today already. We can take a cab back so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your evening" she explained feeling guilty if they would leave this place again to drive them back to their hotel. Besides the girls already saved a lot of money. "Okay we respect that. We should at least exchange numbers. You should come to one of our shows this week" Jonghyun smiled at the two of them. "We'd love to come" Jamie smiled back liking the idea of a concert during the summer trip that was everything but planned. Jamie loved live music after all but so did Misa. Yonghwa grabbed Misa's phone that was lying on the table and typed in his phone number and pushed it back in front of her. "Now you got our number" he smirked flirting with his eyes this time. "Let us know when you girls are in the hotel. We don't want to worry" he smiled while Misa and Jamie got up ready to leave. "Thanks for today. I really appreciate it" Jamie thanked them one by one giving them a hug. It was very casual and random, but hugs were friendly right? Just when Jamie grabbed her purse and waited for Misa, Yonghwa gently grabbed her wrist holding her back. "What are your plans for tomorrow?" he asked with a smile in his voice clearly wanting to get to know her. "I....I am not sure" Misa mumbled looking at her friend and back at Yonghwa. "I don't know why?" "Would you like to go out with me tomorrow? Just you and me, if that's okay with your friend" Yonghwa asked carefully looking at Jamie for approval. "As in a date?" Misa asked surprised why on earth Jung Yonghwa wants to go out with her. What kind of vibe if interest did she sent out to him in the first place? "Maybe, maybe not" Yonghwa smirked ily. "Is that a yes?" Misa looked back at Jamie feeling guilty to even consider going out without her. Jamie raised her shoulders basically encouraging Misa to go for it. "Okay" she whispered shyly still not believing she actually said yes. "I'll pick you up at 6 then" Yonghwa insisted planting a kiss on her cheek. "See you tomorrow Misa". Misa's cheeks flushed a dark shade of red and couldn't stop smiling. Was he serious? "Let's go" Jamie chuckled dragging her smiling friend with her out of the bar, because the amiga's really needed to talk. The sooner the better.

Once Jamie and Misa arrived back at the hotel she couldn't wait to be back in the room and tell her best friend everything that happened. Misa unlocked the door as she was faster than her grabbing the key because she couldn't find hers that easily. Jamie closed the door behind her to make sure it was shut and sat down on the bed releasing a big sigh after she took your shoes off and threw them in the corner of the room. "Did today actually really happen?" Misa chuckled at her best friend's words knowing exactly what she meant. Everything that happened today only happens to lucky people. The two weren't exactly lucky with most things.  And when Jamie happened to get lucky, she'll had to pay the price of something bad happening short afterwards. At least, that's how usually the story would be ending for the both of them. This day was extremely rare and they both were sure of anything that nobody was going to believe what happened. How exactly did you get so lucky to meet two celebrities in one day? No wait, six, if you count them all one by one. "Unni, I have a bad feeling about this" Misa complained letting herself fall backwards onto the bed staring at the ceiling. "Oh my god" and sat up straight again when she realised that she actually said yes to Yonghwa. She totally forgot about her friend Jamie. This won't do. Misa is not the kind of person to leave a friend for a guy, no way! "Unni?" Jamie turned her head looking at her worried looking friend and started to giggle "What's the matter? You're looking as if you did something so evil you can't be forgiven". Misa shook her head. "I did something bad and this is not like me" she sing-songed jumping of the bed. "I can't go out with Yonghwa even though I already said yes. I can't just leave my best friend here while I am on a date?!" she exclaimed digging for her pj's in her jumbo sized suitcase. Jamie's eyes grew big. "What? What are you sorry for? You did the right thing saying yes and really don't have to worry about me" she chuckled knowing she meant well. "No" Misa shook her head again. "If you don't have a date, I am not going either. It just doesn't feel right. And what if I wake up from all of this? Exactly it never happened" she ranted closing the top of her suitcase walking into the bathroom to wash up.

 

"Misa, relax. I already told you I am okay with it. It's not the end of the world. I know you would be feeling guilty leaving someone behind when you're having fun, because I think exactly like you. But we also came here to have a bit of fun. Explain to me again what is so bad about Jung Yonghwa asking you on a date?" Jamie asked shouting since she heard the water running from the tap. "I never said it was a bad thing" Misa shouted back as she suddenly cocked her head around the corner with a white substance on her face that looked like a facial wash of some sort. "Maybe he was just being friendly. I always saw him as that kind of person. Maybe he felt obligated to give me some hope" and returned back to the wash basin. "Misa, are you listening to yourself?" Jamie shouted again. "Maybe he just likes you and wants to get to know you? What do you have to lose?" Misa splashed a handful water on her face before grabbing a small towel to wipe the water off and walked out of the bathroom. "Jamie.....I mean…Unni. I just don't want to leave you alone and I don't care how nice Yonghwa is! I'd feel bad so don't do that to me. Besides we came here on this journey together and I am not going to have a journey of my own when I don't even know what you will be doing". Jamie let out a sigh rolling her eyes "Okay, suit yourself. But just so you know, don't blame it on me when you'll regret it afterwards okay? I am genuinely okay with this. You know, if I were in your shoes I would want my best friend to say the same thing: enjoy it while you can". "Nice try!" Misa shrugged sitting down on the bed next to her. "It's alright. If he really likes me he will understand, right?" Jamie nodded agreeing with that statement knowing she made her point and there was no use in arguing anyways. "So" Misa chuckled giving Jamie a playful elbow. "What exactly happened in the bar? You took quite long to just get water" and shifted to have a better look at her. "I want to hear all of it" she whispered. And with just a gesture in her eyes, she knew her best friend meant everything she said. "What do you want me to say?" Jamie chuckled raising her shoulders. "I was getting water. I turned around ready to leave and oops, I bumped into someone. Spilling water on my pants and his shirt. It was so embarrassing and painful" she mumbled hitting her hand onto her face. "It really was Jonghyun you bumped into didn't you?" Misa asked Jamie with big eyes knowing why she was looking so serious. She nodded. "Yea! Sangtae clumsiness in action!" she cheered raising a fist for victory. "He actually bought me new water even though I objected in the first place. He still insisted". Misa nodded taking in everything Jamie was just telling her.

 

"Uhuh, okay. Unni, tell me, was he nice?" Jamie shrugged at her words. "How can I tell if he is nice? I barely said anything because I was embarrassed". Misa shook her head. "Oh dear!" Jamie nodded agreeing with her almighty words. "Yea! But god he has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen" she suddenly swooned. "UH!" Misa laughed pointing her finger at her friend. "Unni, something more happened?" How did she know? She was good! Jamie shook her head shrugging it off "Nothing really but his smile nearly floored me. It wasn't funny" and let out another helpless sigh and gathered her pj's to wash up as well. "Gosh what am I even saying? Who am I kidding? I probably made the biggest fool out of myself then and there" and walked into the bathroom. "Make that two" Misa shouted after her. "I'm not much better than you. I can't even drink from the same bottle Yonghwa just took a sip from" and face palmed herself when she heard herself saying that out loud again. Hearing it already sounded ridiculous. "I think we need sleep" Jamie mumbled joining her best friend again switched the light off in the bathroom after they were both changed and clean climbing back onto the bed. "On that I agree with you" and made her bed comfortable before throwing the blankets over herself. "Well goodnight then unni! Let's hope tomorrow is a normal day" Misa whispered switching off the light on her side of the bed still trying to comprehend and process everything that happened today. Jamie chuckled over the fact that this day was everything but ordinary. "Let's hope so. Good night Misa" and switched her light off as well, but somehow she couldn't seem to catch her sleep that easily no matter how tired she really was. Strange! “OMG unni?” Misa suddenly whispered staring into your direction in the dark. “What if we wake up tomorrow morning and all of this was a dream?” Jamie giggled that she made her point there. The possibility is pretty big isn’t it? “We have to pinch each other first thing tomorrow” she assured her staring at the ceiling not able to catch her sleep. “I’m afraid that won’t help. We don’t have evidence” Misa reminded her friend. “Okay this is everything but funny” and pulled the blanket over her head. “Or maybe we got punk'd” Jamie joked imagining a camera crew showing up any minute now. No matter what she was playing in her mind, it was funny to her. “Oh but we do” Jamie suddenly remembered that Jonghyun gave her his number and Yonghwa gave Misa his. “We have phone numbers”. “No way am I calling him tomorrow to test if the number works” Misa convinced Jamie. “I’ll let you handle that, because dongsaeng can’t”. “Ah don’t worry” Jamie chuckled. “We are probably high from a jet lag”. It was quiet for a couple of seconds before the two of them bursted out in laughter for no reason. “Good night unni” Misa laughed trying to catch some sleep for real. “Good night Misa”.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]