SIXTEEN

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

JAMIE'S POV

After you two had your little make out session, Jonghyun had called in room service to bring in something to drink and to eat for the two of you. While you combed your fingers through your hair since it was a mess after the whole making out, Jonghyun closed the door rolling the cart with the food and drinks into the room. “Ah you got us room service?” you smiled pulling the blanket around your body. “Yes I did” Jonghyun smirked sitting back down on the bed stealing a kiss from you. “I hope you’re hungry?” You nodded “I am” and leaned on your hand stealing another kiss from that y looking man sitting next to you. Jonghyun got off the bed and took his shirt from the ground and draped it around you and buttoned it close apart from the top two and the bottom one. “My shirt looks so much better on you” he complimented you planting another kiss on your lips. “Oh yea?” you smirked biting your lip wrapping your arms around your boyfriend. “You bet” Jonghyun whispered planting a small kiss on your nose. Jonghyun took one of the plates from the cart with a healthy sandwich on it and held it in front of your mouth for you to take a bite. You took the bait and took a big bite from the delicious sandwich. “You know, I love this. You and me and what we have?!” you whispered after you had another bite from the sandwich. Jonghyun put the plate back down on the cart and looked at you not able to control his smiling. “You want to hear something crazy?” “Tell me” you whispered with your eyes still locked on his. “I got so used to being with you that I find it hard to even consider what it will be like if you’re away” he whispered removing a bit sandwich cream from the corner of your mouth with his thumb. “I can’t explain all these feelings I have for you, but I know I’m crazy for you and I wish I could keep you here. How selfish does that sound?” Jonghyun chuckled making you smile like no tomorrow. “It’s not selfish. I love the sound of that” you added leaning in to kiss his kissable lips that you love so much. “Promise me something” Jonghyun started shifting towards you running his fingers through your hair. “Anything”.

 

“Close your eyes for me”. You doubted at first wondering what your boyfriend was up to. “Aren’t you going to close them?” Jonghyun insisted until you finally did. “What are you doing?” you whispered while Jonghyun leaned forward as you felt his fingers touch your skin as well as something a little cold. “You can open them again” he whispered while you opened your eyes when you noticed a silver necklace with a tiny silver heart shaped charm around it dangling around your neck. “Jonghyun, I can’t…..” you attempted taking the charm between your fingers to feel it meeting your eyes with his again. “You didn’t have to buy me anything” you continued feeling guilty that he was spoiling you so much. “I want you to know that I’m serious about you. About us. No matter where I’ll be, my heart is right here with you” Jonghyun whispered taking your hands in his. You were speechless. No guy has ever gone to this length for you the way he was doing right now. “Thank you. It’s beautiful” you finally managed to say leaning in to kiss that boyfriend of yours. “Let’s finish this lunch. You gotta eat something” Jonghyun insisted holding a piece of strawberry on a fork in front of your mouth. “How’s that?” he smiled as you eagerly bit the fruit from the fork. “It’s yummee” you smiled. You barely swallowed the strawberry down before your hand automatically moved to your mouth as you felt what seemed to you as vomit made its way up. You jumped off the bed and rushed into the bathroom as if your life depended on it leaving Jonghyun to wonder and worried at the same time. There you were hanging above the toilet throwing out everything that you ate today, both breakfast and lunch. As worried as he was, Jonghyun followed you into the bathroom when he saw you throwing up.

 

“Baby are you alright?” he asked while you flushed the toilet. Strangely, the throwing up made you feel better and didn’t make it worse like it would if you were catching a fever. You nodded not sure what happened yourself. Jonghyun held his hand on your forehead overly worried you caught a fever or something. “Strange. You’re not burning up or anything. Are you sure you feel okay?” he asked sounding sincerely worried. “I’m not feeling any different. I feel just fine” you bluntly answered casually. “Are you really?” “Why are you so worried? I’m feeling okay, really!” you tried to convince your boyfriend but it wasn’t really working. “First you have just cramps and now you’re throwing up out of nowhere? Are you sure you don’t feel any different?” You raised your shoulders. “How should I feel different? I don’t feel sick really and maybe throwing up right now is just…” “Is just what? See you don’t even know yourself” Jonghyun reminded you calmly handing you a glass of water. “Drink some water. It might make you feel better”. “Jong, I am perfectly okay? What would be wrong with me? Maybe I am just catching a flu or something! Wouldn’t be the first time” you replied thinking it’ll just blow over. Jonghyun on the other hand just frowned not believing what you said. “I guess we'll see about that huh?” he chuckled kissing your cheek. You blinked your eyes following your boyfriend back into the room. “You don’t believe me?” you pouted crossing your arms in front of your chest. Jonghyun turned around and noticed your facial expression grabbing your arms pulling them back down. “Don’t pout with me” he chuckled kissing your temple pulling you into his arms. “I am just a little worried that’s all. I guess I’d be feeling guilty if I’ll leave tomorrow morning and you’ll be here sick with a fever of some sort”. “There is nothing you can do though if I really do get sick. All I can do then is take very good care of myself right?” you convinced the over worried looking dino. “I guess so” Jonghyun sighed giving in wondering why he is worried the way he is. “And you better do when I’m not here” he smirked kissing your lips. “You’re so worried for nothing” you whispered wrapping your arms around his neck. “I’ll be okay, I promise! And when I’m not I promise to tell you when I am not okay?” “You should, because the only reason I am worried this much is because I care about you” Jonghyun smiled leaning his forehead against yours after he kissed your nose. “I know” you whispered meeting your lips with his this time.

 

“How about we relax a little?” Jonghyun smiled with the forever twinkle in his eyes. “I’d love that” you replied kissing your boyfriend’s lips before you walked back to your bag to get out what you needed while Jonghyun disappeared into the bathroom doing god knows what. Since it was the middle of the summer, you decided to open the big windows close to the bed to let the ocean breeze blow fresh air into your room. You walked headed to the bathroom after you grabbed your clean underwear as well as Jonghyun’s assuming you just would have a quick shower, but instead you found him sitting next to the hot tub. “I thought we were going to take a shower or something” you shrugged. “When I say relax, I mean relaxing. This hot tub is perfect. Will you join me?”. “Silly! Why do you even ask? Of course” and put the clean underwear for the both of you on a small wall in the bathroom. Just when you wanted to turn around you felt a pair of strong muscular arms hugging you from behind. “Miss Parker?” Jonghyun whispered pulling your hair to one side kissing your neck. You closed your eyes with a never ending smile on your face enjoying his attention. “I’m afraid I will not be able to let go of you anymore” he added turning you around to face him. “Then don’t” you smiled while Jonghyun leaned in to kiss you ing your shirt as it slowly fell to the ground. Carefully he pulled you towards the hot tub and stopped kissing. “After you” Jonghyun smiled while you carefully stepped in and so did he once you were. “This is really nice, thank you” you smiled tying your hair in a bun. “I told you it’s a nice way to relax” Jonghyun smirked exploring your feet that were resting on his knees. “Red painted toe nails?” he chuckled as if he discovered something new for the very first time. “They have been red for a couple of days actually and you didn’t even notice?” you added giving your boyfriend a fake shocked look. “I’m sorry if I didn’t see it, but you have gorgeous feet” he complimented them. “Thank you” you smiled taking your feet off his knees moving closer to him.

 

“Someone wants attention” Jonghyun smiled ily pulling you onto his lap. “Of course I do” you whispered planting your lips on his while he ran his hands over your back. “I hope you’re hungry later because I am going to take you out for dinner” he seduced you. “You are such a romantic. Every second I have been spending with you has been more than just perfect” you whispered peering down into his eyes. “Baby that is because I am a romantic. When I want to be that is. But I’m only this romantic when I have someone special in my life and I consider you are” Jonghyun confessed peering right back into your blue eyes. “I might sound like a complete fool when I say this, but” and ran his fingertips over your shoulders down your arms. “I love you Jamie”. You were stunned. Nobody has ever said those words to you and actually meant it and he sure did mean it. “Jong...I…” you tried to say something back but failed. It’s huge to tell someone you love them. It sure was huge to you. You had all these feelings for him and more and deep down inside you loved him too and wanted to shout it out loud. At the same time you also knew that if you did, you’d give your heart to him and that was going to make you very vulnerable. Afraid to get hurt. “Jong you do know that it’s something really huge to tell them that you love them?” you whispered afraid he would change his mind. “I know it is but I really meant what I said. I might sound like a fool and my friends will think I’ve lost it, but I can’t help to feel what I feel for you Jamie. You give me feelings I didn’t even knew existed. I am starting to believe that everything that has happened so far was meant to happen and I sure do believe we were meant to meet like this” Jonghyun confessed holding you as tight as he could. “I also know you’ve been hurt a lot and I know I have a lot to prove to you that I am everything but that kind of guy, but I won’t let anything or anyone get in the way of proving that to you and saying that I love you is the only way I can verbally address my feelings to you”.

 

“You do know that when I open up myself to you that I’ll be vulnerable to you and that you will be able to break my heart” you whispered resting your hands on his shoulders. Jonghyun took your face between his hands caressing your skin with his thumbs. “Baby I know you’re afraid of getting hurt and I don’t blame you for that but I promise you that I won’t break it. You’re the best thing that happened to me this summer. I want you to let me love you and let me be the one to give you everything you need. I’ll show you love doesn’t have to hurt. If you let me you will forget all about it” he whispered peering into your eyes as if he was reading your feelings. You rested your forehead on his closing your eyes for a second allowing yourself to be vulnerable. “Well I guess that makes me a little crazy too...” you smiled opening your eyes again looking into the most gorgeous eyes you knew. “...I love you too” you whispered leaning in gently planting small kisses on his lips running your fingers through his platinum blond hair. Jonghyun hungrily answered your kisses running his hands down your back holding your body close to his. “You’re an amazing woman you know that?” Jonghyun whispered making you look at him again before he kissed you all over again.

 

After you two enjoyed a little quality time in the hot tub relaxing, you both got out and dried yourselves off to get dressed because Jonghyun made plans to take you out for dinner.  Somewhere inside of you hoped he did and you were glad you took your black and white laced dress. Once you finished brushing your hair you took out your black heels out of your bag and sat yourself down in the chair in the room to put your shoes on. “What?” you smiled when you noticed Jonghyun looking at you correcting the sleeves of his shirt and jacket. He shook his head “Nothing” smiling like an idiot while you got up from the chair correcting your dress. “You look gorgeous” Jonghyun complimented the way you looked stealing a kiss from you. “You got reddish lips now” you chuckled removing the red gloss from his lips. “You don’t want to walk around with red gloss on your lips”. “There is nothing wrong showing that I kissed this girl…” Jonghyun sing-songed stealing another kiss from you “...and that I liked it”. You giggled over his cheesiness slightly blushing. How did he shamelessly do that?”. “Are you blushing?” he teased you taking your hand in his. “Why? Is it that obvious?” you chuckled. “It’s so cute” Jonghyun smirked kissing your cheek. “Let’s go and have some dinner Miss Parker” and guided you out of the hotel room after he grabbed his car keys not leaving before he was sure that the room was locked. You took the elevator down to the lobby to get to Jonghyun’s car earning somewhat glares from guests who were having dinner in the restaurant of the hotel. “Gosh! Why are they all staring?” you wondered thinking you must have something funny on you. “They stare because you’re the most beautiful lady in the hotel who happened to be my date?” Jonghyun convinced you as you walked out of the hotel to his car on the parking lot. “Stop making me blush Romeo” you chuckled squeezing his hand. “I don’t know, I just feel like we’re being watched”. Jonghyun frowned while you stepped into the car. “Who could be possibly watching us than all these old innocent people and tourists here?” he chuckled turning the key in the engine after you were both buckled in secure ready to leave. “I guess I am just paranoid” you sighed shrugging it all off, but were you really?

 

After driving for a little twenty minutes, Jonghyun parked his car nearby the city center where the restaurant was he wanted to take you and the both of you stepped out. “Let’s eat something” Jonghyun sing-songed taking your hand back in his when you met him on the other side of the car. It was only a five minute walk to the restaurant and were immediately greeted by a host. “Good evening” a polite older looking woman with red lipstick, in a black suit and her hair tied in a very neat bun greeted you. “Good evening!” Jonghyun smiled politely. “I made a reservation for two under the name Kim Jonghyun”. The lady nodded with a smile. “Yes, follow me please” and guided you to your table. “Thank you” Jonghyun smiled thanking the older lady. When the lady walked away and left you to it, you finally sat down. “I hope you’re hungry” Jonghyun smiled before one of the waiters stopped at your table. “I am starving actually” you confessed feeling somewhat embarrassed about it. It was only a few hours ago you threw out everything you had in your stomach and now you felt hungry like a tiger. “Would you like to order?” the waiter asked while you looked through the menu. “It all sounds so delicious though. What do you suggest we shall have?” you asked glancing over at your boyfriend sitting across the table from you. “You know what is really good?” “You tell me, you’re the expert” you chuckled. “We should have the noodles with the sea food. It’s really good” Jonghyun added sounding more than just convincing. “Okay” you chuckled. “I’ll have the same too then”. “Are you sure about that?” Jonghyun teased you. “Are you forever teasing me now?” you giggled. “Maybe?” Jonghyun smirked looking up at the waiter ordering food as well as something to drink for you.

 

Once the food was served you and Jonghyun started to enjoy the delicious food set in front of you. Everything was good, the soup, the noodles, the crab, the shrimps. You hadn’t eaten so much delicious food in a long time. “This is so good. I am going to miss all these Korean food when I have to go back” you sighed taking a sip from your glass of water feeling somewhat full from all of the food you ate. “I hope you still have some room for dessert” Jonghyun smiled ily when a bowl of ice cream was served in front of you. “Whoa, how much do you think I am going to eat?” you added with big eyes looking at your boyfriend. “Oh come on. We’re with two of us. We can finish this” Jonghyun convinced you and took a spoonful of ice cream onto your spoon. “Come on, this will be wasted if not eaten” he convinced you once more. You leaned forward the ice cream from the spoon taking in the taste of melon, your favorite. “This is my favorite” you smiled your lips. “Yea? I knew that” Jonghyun chuckled. “And you” you shrugged dipping your spoon in the ice cream and held it in front of his mouth. “Should eat this too” “But so do you” Jonghyun insisted holding another spoonful of ice cream in front of your mouth. You chuckled the ice cream from your boyfriend’s spoon as he did from yours at the same time. After you both finished your ice cream and Jonghyun paid the bill you two left heading back to the Incheon Beach hotel again, except Jonghyun did not take you quite inside just yet. “Let’s take a walk” Jonghyun whispered squeezing your hand as he guided you to the beach. “You’re taking me to the beach?” you smiled from one ear to other. “I don’t think we should miss the sunset” he whispered back while you took your heels off meeting your feet with the sand.

 

“This feels so nice” you sighed relieved to let go for a bit and more than happy to take those black feet killers off. Jonghyun did exactly the same taking his shoes off. “It feels so good to feel the sand between my toes. Did you know it’s actually good for your feet to do that from time to time”. “It is?” Jonghyun gave you a surprised look. “I am hearing that one for the first time” and took you for a walk on the beach while the blind was blowing through your hair watching the gorgeous looking scenery until Jonghyun decided to stop walking and watch the sunset with you. You both dropped your shoes into the sand while Jonghyun decided to be a little playful pulling you into the Oceanside where the cold water washed over your feet. “This really has been the best summer of my life. I can’t believe I have to go home again in eight days. It’ll be torture for me to leave”. “Baby don’t be sad” Jonghyun whispered pulling you into his arms kissing your temple wrapping his arms around you. You tighten your grip around him inhaling his scent as you watched the sun slowly disappear into the sea. “Can we come back here sometime?” you whispered loud enough for Jonghyun to hear when you met back with his eyes again until he noticed a tear rolling down your cheek. “You aren’t sad right?” Jonghyun whispered sounding worried locking with his eyes locked on yours. You shook your head smiling. “No...I’m happy. Really happy” you confessed while Jonghyun removed the tear from your cheek with his index finger. “Good, because I don’t want my baby to cry” he smiled looking down into your eyes before he pressed his lips on yours kissing them gently.

 

Once the sun was set Jonghyun decided to hang out on the beach a little more and sat himself in the sand pulling you with him while you leaned into his arms. “I’ll take you back here as much as you want me to. I promise I’ll take you back here again to this spot when I’m back again” Jonghyun whispered in your ear. “Really?” you smiled looking up at your boyfriend. “I promise” he sealed his words with a kiss. While you were enjoying your little time together sitting in the sand, barefoot, watching the stars twinkling in the sky. “Hey look at that” you smiled pointing at a falling star. “Well then you should make a wish” Jonghyun whispered resting his chin on your shoulder.  You closed your eyes and decided to make the wish now you had a chance to, but so did Jonghyun. “What did you wish for?” Jonghyun whispered making you giggle. “I am sorry Mr., but I’m afraid I cannot tell you that. The wish won’t come out if I tell you. I don’t want to jinx it you know”. “Does it involve me?” he whispered kissing your cheek. “Maybe” you smiled playing with his hands admiring how manly they were. “Let’s go back” Jonghyun insisted as he rose to his feet pulling you up with him. Once you were back in the hotel you decided to take a quick shower and clean your feet since they got a little sandy and dirty. You switched the light off in the bathroom and met with Jonghyun who made himself comfortable in the bed watching a bit of TV. You climbed onto the bed crawling back under the blankets with your boyfriend resting your head onto his chest watching whatever he was watching. It wasn’t long before you closed your eyes and drifted off to dreamland.
 


 
The next morning you were both awaken by Jonghyun’s alarm that went off pretty loudly. It was way too early for you to get up at six, but you had no choice because Jonghyun had to be at the airport at ten and you needed at least an hour to drive back to Seoul. Jonghyun who already had his eyes open and snoozed his alarm couldn’t stop smiling as he was running his fingers through your long wavy hair. Just when he thought he had given you a little more time to wake up, his phone started ringing again, except this time he had an incoming call and saw it was his manager. “Good morning?” Jonghyun whispered not wanting to wake you, but you already had your eyes open. “Can you please meet me in the office at eight? I think you have some explaining to do”. Jonghyun sat up a little scratching the back of his head. “What are you talking about?” “We’ll discuss it when you’re here. Just get here as soon as you can. I’ll deal with you later” and hung up. Jonghyun looked at his phone confused and sleepy at the same time. What is it that his manager wanted to talk about? Jonghyun looked to his left where he thought you would be, but you weren’t. “Jamie?” he shouted not too soft not too loud and stepped out of bed. He figured you might have stepped under the shower already to dress yourself but you weren’t. Instead he found you in the bathroom hanging above the toilet vomiting, again. “Baby are you okay?” he asked while you flushed the toilet holding the glass of water under the tap to swallow the vomit taste in your mouth and sat yourself on the toilet seat after you put it down. Jonghyun went through his knees and again held his hand on your forehead. “I don’t get it. Do you usually skip fevers when you’re catching the flu?” he asked worried when he noticed you looked a little paler than you should. You shook your head. “Usually not no. I really don’t know what’s wrong with me” you whispered calmly after you finished your glass of water. “Maybe you should see a doctor? It could be anything?”. You shook your head thinking you just might have eaten something wrong this time.

 

“I’m okay. I guess it’s just something wrong I ate last night” you suggested to be the problem. “Well then I should get you back to Misa. Manager wants to urgently see me” he whispered kissing your cheek. “Is everything okay?” you asked following your boyfriend back into the room to grab your clothes and decided to dress yourselves. “It’s not something for you to worry about okay? I don’t even know why manager wants to see me to begin with” he assured you throwing his shirt on. You threw the stuff you no longer needed back into your bag and so did Jonghyun before you took one last look around the room to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything, but it looks as if you didn’t. “You got everything?” Jonghyun asked picking up both bags. You nodded feeling slightly different than usual, but you couldn’t quite put the finger on it. Jonghyun closed the trunk after he dropped the bags in while you had already stepped into the car waiting for him to join you. He took one last look at you to make sure you were okay. “Are you sure you don’t need to see a doctor?” Jonghyun asked sounding concerned about how puffy you looked. You waved your hand. “I guess I am just a little tired” you lied leaning in to kiss your boyfriend forcing a smile afterwards. Jonghyun decided to not argue with you despite of the fact that he knew you weren’t feeling as good as you liked him to believe. Worried as he was Jonghyun had made a stop on the way back to Seoul to get you a bottle of water because you were asking for one and had it finished by the time he stopped in front of your hotel.  

 

Groggily you stepped out of the car while Jonghyun took your bag out of the trunk insisting on walking you safely back into the hotel. “I can take it from here” you insisted opening the door to your room. Jonghyun shook his head “I have this gut feeling you’re not okay. How can I leave not knowing you really are okay?”. “Jong, I am just tired, I promise that nothing is wrong with me” you tried to convince your boyfriend although you knew those were big words when you didn’t even know yourself what was going on. “I’ll call you as soon as I am in Brazil okay?” You nodded giving your boyfriend one last hug. “Have a safe flight and please come back in one piece”. “Don’t worry about me” Jonghyun whispered leaning in to kiss you. “Take care of yourself and make sure you’ll eat”. “I will, I promise” you smiled stealing another kiss from those lips you will have to miss for the next five days. “Good! I love you” Jonghyun whispered giving you another kiss as if it was going to be his last. “I love you too. Say hi to the others from me”. “I will” Jonghyun gave you an assuring smile squeezing your hands one last time before slowly letting them go. You waited until Jonghyun disappeared into the elevator and dragged your bag into the room quietly closing the door behind you not wanting to wake up your sleeping friend. You took your shoes off and stepped into the bed in the hopes to catch a little bit more sleep than you had so far, because truthfully, you weren’t feeling that great at all and you somehow hoped that sleep would make it a little bit better, but how wrong you were with that. Two hours later you were again nearly hugging the toilet.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016] PS: The necklace Jamie received from Jonghyun. (Click image to enlarge) ;)