FOUR

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

"I think we really need to go back to our dorm. We have practice tomorrow and manager will definitely kill us if we don't show up on time" Minho complained while he was playing with the beer filter on the table. "I'll pay" Jonghyun insisted flashing his credit card heading to the bar to pay the bill. Strangely he walked back to the exact same spot he bumped into this girl before, so he thought. A girl he never saw before. A girl who looked somewhat lost. Something shimmery on the floor was catching his eye and picked it up. 'Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong? Room 517?' He really just found a key of a hotel room? He looked around to see if someone was maybe searching for it, but he didn't see anybody looking for it. Apparently it belonged to someone who has already left. He grabbed his phone to check out where this hotel was exactly and it wasn't far from where he was at the moment. He was genuinely considering to drop off the lost key to the owner, however it was 11:20 PM already and he also knew the owner could be fast asleep. Then again, if he wasn't going to return it right now, he was going to forget it one way or another. He has a busy schedule after all. He slid the key wrapped in a paper holder in the back pocket of his jeans and kindly asked the waiter for the bill. As soon as he paid the bill with his credit card he turned around meeting with the rest of the band. "Let's go. Kibum needs his beauty sleep" Onew joked getting up from the leather couch throwing on his jacket. Key blinked his eyes looking at the leader. "What's wrong with that? I don't want to be looking trashed and at least I won't" he sing-songed looking at the rest of his band mates picking up his bag slinging it over his shoulder. As soon as everyone had their jackets on and left the building ready to hold a cab except for Jonghyun who decided to walk to the hotel to drop off the lost key. "Hyung, where are you going?" Taemin asked looking surprised at Jonghyun who was ready to leave the group. "Aren't you going to come with us?" Key frowned once Onew held a taxi to take them back to their dorm. Jonghyun shook his head. "I'll take a cab later.  You guys can just go ahead without me. I have something to take care of" he explained tucking his hands in the pockets of his jacket.  Minho shrugged "Are you seeing someone hyung? Is that the reason why you need to go all by yourself? Eh?" Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "If I was seeing someone you would have noticed a long time ago". "Just don't forget to come home to the dorm" Onew reminded his friend and stepped into the taxi. "It won't be long. Just go home already. The longer you guys chit chat on where I am going the longer it'll take for me to return" Jonghyun assured the rest of his bandmates who finally stepped into the cab leaving without him.

 

JAMIE'S POV

Just when you thought you were catching your sleep, someone was knocking on the door of your room giving you a heart attack. You sat up straight staring in the door's direction not sure if you heard it right. You fell backwards again pulling the blankets with you until there was a knock on the door for a second time. This time not only you sat up straight in your bed, but so was Misa. "Who's that?" she whispered looking at you. You shook your head. "I have no idea" you whispered back throwing off the blankets heading to the door barefoot quickly tying your hair in a bun. "No?!" you mumbled when you peered through small hole in the door when you saw it was Jonghyun. "Unni? Who is it?" and climbed out of bed as well to see what you were looking at. "Is this real? Someone pinch me. Did he follow me?" you continued to mumble not sure if you were dreaming or not. "Uh?" Misa whispered turning her face to you looking shocked. "What's he doing here? Wait, does he know your name?" You shook your head. "No he doesn't, but how?" Misa raised her shoulders. "I don't know, but you should open the door" and rushed back to the bed to hide herself. She did not want her idols to see her like this. While Misa was in bed hiding herself you were gathering the courage to open that door and reveal yourself in your colorful pj's while your heart was racing like no tomorrow. 'Okay Jamie, just do it' you repeated to yourself carefully unlocking the door as you cocked your head around the corner. "Hi?" you whispered not wanting to wake up anyone else on the same floor. "Oh Hi" Jonghyun whispered back a little startled not expecting the door to swing open after standing in front of it for at least five minutes. "I am sorry, did I wake you up?" he asked since he noticed you were wearing your pj shorts and a t-shirt. "Ah, yeah, but that's okay" you shrugged it off looking nervously at Jonghyun. "Oh, I'm sorry about that" he chuckled smiling cutely at you. "I....I found this" and took the plastic key card from the back of his jean pocket. "I think this is yours no?" and handed it to you. You let go of the door and took the key out of his hand while his skin was brushing against yours. An electric shock wave was going through your body. "Thanks" you smiled nervously avoiding eye contact. Usually you weren't so nervous meeting people unless you were going back to being a teen, but something about him made you more than just nervous. You couldn't quite put a finger on it. You two didn't say anything for a second, but you could feel him looking at you and that was rather making you uneasy. Both you and Jonghyun didn't seem to notice you were holding each other's hand for a couple of seconds now. As soon as the two of you realized, you awkwardly let go of one another again.  

 

"Thank you for returning though" you added breaking the awkward silence meeting your eyes with his. Jonghyun smiled back at you. "No problem. I thought you might want it back".  Something about looking at you made him curious to find out more about you. "I am really sorry about waking you up" he apologized again still feeling somewhat guilty. You shook your head. "No it's okay. Don't worry about it". Again there was an awkward silence between the two of you. You didn't know what to say and he was battling with himself if he should make a next move and ask for your name and what your plans were for tomorrow. He didn't quite sure know how he was going to ask. 'Heck with it' and instead he decided to go for it. "Ah, this might sound a little bit lame or awkward even, but ehm, I was wondering do you have any plans for tomorrow?" Jonghyun asked bluntly quite anxious what your answer to that would be and he would totally understand if you'd think he was crazy. You barely know each other. Did he just seriously ask you if you are doing anything tomorrow? You shook your head. "Well actually I do" you simply answered. Misa might have been in bed hiding herself under the covers all this time, but she could hear everything that was going on. "No she doesn't" she shouted from her end loud enough for the both of you to hear. You turned your head looking at the bed your best friend was sleeping. "Misa, I thought we were going out to try some street food?" Misa threw the covers of wiping the hair out of her face. "Unni, we don't take all day to do that. Actually maybe he wants to come?" she suggested making you feel even more embarrassed than you already were, but hey she had to deal with Yonghwa. Call it even Steven. 'Thank you' you pouted in your mind and awkwardly faced Jonghyun again who was clearly amused by the sudden intervention. You couldn't help it but your eyes were trailing off to his lips. His smile. It was so perfect that it was driving you crazy. "You know street food tastes a lot better when the sun goes down" Jonghyun smirked smiling with his eyes and those perfect kissable lips of his. 'Okay Jamie, just stop staring at his lips. But how bad I want to kiss those'. "Oh really?" you mumbled meeting back with his eyes.

 

He knew you were staring at his lips although you'd like to think he didn't notice. "It's your first time in Seoul?" Jonghyun asked bluntly peering back into those bright blue eyes he found captivating. You couldn't really say anything and just nodded. 'Why is he looking at me like that?' you battled in your mind. His eyes, are hypnotizing for crying out loud. They're ready to draw you into what they call never land. 'For crying out loud Jamie, get yourself together and stop acting like a sixteen year old crushing for the first time'. "Well I definitely know the best street food in Seoul you have to try. I guess if you are free tomorrow evening I'd be glad to be your guide" Jonghyun smiled ily at you. 'Wow, he's smooth! Wait what? Is he asking me out?' You blinked your eyes. "I'm sorry, but..." and you couldn't even finish your sentence or he was doing it for you "Bring your best friend. I'll buy. Least thing I can do right?" he added trying to convince you to say yes. 'Wait, he doesn't owe me anything?!' You shook your head rather a bit confused about him wanting to take you and Misa, two strange girls, out to buy some street food? "Just say yes already for crying out loud" Misa sighed loud and clear for you both to hear. "I think she just answered that" you chuckled slightly embarrassed, again. "That's okay. We haven't really exactly exchanged names or anything" Jonghyun smiled reaching out his hand to you. "I'm Jonghyun". In reflex you shook your hand with his "I'm Jamie". "Nice to meet you Jamie" he added flashing that killer smile of his again. "Yea!" you just simply mumbled not really aware that nothing else was really coming out of your mouth. What's wrong with you? Even his hand meeting yours was making you glow from inside out. His hands were so soft and so manly. "I am really sorry but I have to go. My manager will kill me if I show up late tomorrow. I'll see you tomorrow then?" he asked once more to make sure he wasn't being dumped directly. "I can't wait" you whispered. You were not only thinking it, but it was exactly what came out of your mouth. "I'll pick you up at seven then" Jonghyun confirmed before he prepared himself to leave. "Good night" he smiled ily at you and turned around heading for the elevator. "Good night!" you mumbled, but somehow he did hear it and disappeared into the elevator after he waved at you with a smile on his face.

 
 

NO POV

Jamie closed the door behind her shut again and took a deep breath replaying these little fifteen minutes with her back against the door. "Unni?" Misa asked wondering why her friend didn't return to the bed. Just when she wanted to get out and look for her, she stumbled back to the bed like a hypnotized teddy without a skeleton. "Misa? What do I do? You have a date with Yonghwa, which you still have to let him know if you really don't want to go" Jamie reminded her best friend grabbing the pillow from the bed wrapping her arms around it. "And I just said yes to him. Are there hidden cameras? Why does it feel we're being punk'd?" she mumbled trying to comprehend what just happened a few seconds ago. Misa sat up straight switching the small light on. "You definitely have to go out with Jonghyun, I think he wants to get to know you unni!" Jamie rolled her eyes in amusement falling backwards on the bed "Puleaaaseeee!! Why would he? All I have been doing is staring. I am so helpless" and face palmed herself. "Look what are we going to do? I’d really feel guilty if we spend the second night separately already. No offense. It all seems nice to be going out with Jonghyun and god he's so fine too, but I am here with you". "That's exactly what I said earlier" Misa whistled. "Maybe we can go on a double date? I can ask Yonghwa if we can go for street food right. Or will that be too awkward?" she scratched her head afterwards. Jamie placed the pillow back behind her head pulling the blankets back over her body. "He actually might be okay with that. Why not hang out together? At least we will have each other when everything turns out really awkward" she giggled. "You have a point" Misa cheered switching off the light again making herself comfortable. "I will text him tomorrow since I have his phone number, I think. But for now I really think we need to sleep. We don't want to look like zombies tomorrow" she added to remind the both of them. Finally after only a couple of minutes both Jamie and Misa were knocked out in lala land. It was a long tiring flight and they were more than happy to catch on some well-deserved sleep.

 

 

The next morning around 10:43 AM something on the desk near the TV was buzzing waking the two sleeping girls up? "What's that?" Jamie yawned. "I don't know" Misa whispered for some strange reason and climbed out of bed to see if it was her phone but it wasn't. "Unni, I think it's your phone". "Mhm" Jamie moaned rubbing her face before she threw off the blankets ready to get out of bed, but apparently her foot got stuck into one of the small white blankets making her trip right on her face. "Geesh!" she cursed stretching out her hand to her purse next to her suitcase where her cell phone was buzzing and breakdancing. No matter if it was still buzzing, she needed to get her foot out of this mess first and rolled herself onto her back trying to undo the blanket, but instead she looked like a cockroach fighting for its life in amusement of Misa who couldn't stop laughing. Jamie gave up and looked at the screen of her phone and found a missed call from her mom. "What part of I am on vacation do they not understand?" she mumbled to herself putting the phone on the night table next to her bed. After struggling for at least five minutes she managed to get herself out of her own ytrap. After doing so Jamie started combing her hair with her fingers a little sitting back on the bed still finding her dear friend Misa stuck in her little laugh fit. "You are forever loling. What's the matter with you?" Jamie chuckled before she realised she was laughing about her ninja action from a few seconds ago. "Unni, you keep getting yourself in trouble?" Misa continued to giggle sitting up straight still looking amused. "Oh that's nothing. But this trip isn't over just yet. I am pretty sure I will pull more unexpected stunts" Jamie shrugged tying her hair. "So what shall we do today? We're awake now?" "I need food. I seriously need food" Misa complained while her stomach was growling. "Oops!" "Yeah you're hungry. Let's throw on something and have some breakfast somewhere" Jamie suggested stumbling to her suitcase looking through her clothes.

 

Just when Misa did the same, someone was knocking on the door, again. "Eh really? Who's it this time?" she wondered frowning at Jamie who raised her shoulders. "Have a look then?" Misa did as told and headed to the door checking herself in the mirror first. She did not want to open that door looking like a monster who just woke up from a winter sleep. It was room service? "I am sorry but we didn't order room service?" Misa said as she was looking confused at her friend Jamie. "Did you perhaps order something?" Jamie straighten herself shaking her head. "I am pretty sure I did not". Strange, both of them thought and didn't trust it one bit. "I am sorry but I think you have the wrong room. We didn't order any breakfast nor paid for it" Misa explained one more time. "It's an order from the room next door. It's on their bill. They asked us to bring you room service" the lady with the big cart smiled at the two of the confused looking friends. Jamie pulled the cart into the room and closed the door.  "French toast, strawberries, yogurt, are they mad?" you frowned not believing that the guys of CNBlue bought you food again, except this time it was breakfast. Jamie glanced around and noticed a white envelope with Misa's name written on it. "I think this one is for you" she sing songed handing it to her best friend knowing pretty damn sure where that came from. Misa gave Jamie a shocked facial expression clearly not expecting white envelopes in the morning. "What's this?" she asked looking at her friend although she knew she had to guess just as much as she did. Jamie raised her shoulders. "I don't know, but I think it comes from your date". "He's not my date?" Misa replied shocked before she realised he was. She sat herself on Jamie's bed and took out a white carton card that possibly came from the reception? Her eyes scanned the card and started to read: "Good morning Misa (and Jamie), please enjoy the breakfast and make sure you eat well. I will pick you up at 7 instead of 6 is that okay? See you tonight and have a lot of fun today ;) Love, Yonghwa". "So who's it from?" Jamie asked out of curiosity taking out a pair of jean shorts and and off shoulder shirt out of her suitcase. "You were right, it's from Yonghwa" Misa added as she flashed the note card for her friend Jamie to read.

 

 

"You know, I think he really likes you Misa. He's even leaving you notes now" Jamie chuckled ready to head for the bathroom. Misa let out another heavy sigh staring at the note. "A note doesn't really mean anything just yet. But let's see how tonight goes. Maybe he will change his mind after the date”.  Jamie placed her clothes for today in the bathroom and cocked her head around the corner. "Do you even listen to yourself? Why would he change his mind? More embarrassing it won't get, we already passed that yesterday".  "You're right, you're right" Misa agreed and placed the note on the bedside table next to her bed and decided to have a better look at the breakfast. "Unni, don't you have to eat something?" Misa asked as she was preparing herself a French toast with cheese. "I'll eat when I am out of the shower. I need to wash my hair" she excused herself and closed the bathroom door behind her. "Ohkay" Misa mumbled as she took the plate with her French toast back to her bed and decided to switch the TV on to see what was on. After Jamie finished taking her shower and was completely dressed, she joined her best friend for breakfast before Misa headed into the shower herself. Once the both of them were showered, dressed and had enough breakfast to get through start of the day to get going at least for a little while, they decided to go out. Jamie and Misa decided to go on a bus tour through Seoul and just randomly hop on and off to explore the city while the weather was making it a lot better to do that too. Both took a lot of photographs for their journey diary but also a lot of selfies for the sake of it. And not forget to mention they had a lot of fun seeing things they usually won't in their home countries. Even Though it was just supposed to be a city tour, they couldn't help to buy a few things here and there. After all they saved quite some money the first day that they could afford to spend a little extra. After spending a long day in the city they headed back to the hotel to get themselves ready for their date, although Misa didn't quite let Yonghwa know yet that plans had slightly changed.

 

Just when the girls arrived back at the hotel again preparing themselves for their dates, Misa's phone started beeping and gave Jamie a confused look searching through her handbag to find it and when she did she saw the name 'Yonghwa' appearing on the screen. "Oh my god" she panicked. "It's Yonghwa. How does he have my phone number?" she asked looking somewhat shocked not even considering that he possibly set his number in her phone too. "He probably called his own phone before handing it back to you" Jamie chuckled in amusement. "What do I do?" Misa continued to panic. "Eh maybe you should pick up your phone" Jamie shrugged poking her arm reminding her friend that her phone was still beeping. "Just pick it up". Nervously Misa did what she was told and picked up her phone "Hi?" "Oh hi Misa, it's Yonghwa here. How was your day?" Misa's eyes grew big. "H..Hi, it was okay, thanks". "Good" Yonghwa chuckled in her ears. "Is it okay I'll pick you up at 7?" Misa blushed "Yea that's fine. Oh by the way. It might sound strange to you, but is it okay if Jamie comes along? We want to try some street food, maybe you have some suggestions?" "Sure! Sounds like a plan. Are you sure you want to try the street food?" he joked smiling with his voice. "As long it's not poisoned" Misa joked back before she realized that for the first time since yesterday she actually spoke back without feeling awkward but rather a little more casual. Yonghwa giggled at her words clearly liking her sarcasm. "Of course not. You're going to love it and I know some good places too. But won't it be awkward for Jamie? While she's pretty much dateless?" Misa waved with her hand as if she was talking to him face to face. "Oh she has a date too and he wanted to take her for street food too. I even think you probably know who he is anyways". "Oh I do now huh?" Yonghwa replied running his fingers through his hair. "In that case I am looking forward to it. So I will see you in an hour then?" "Yeah!" Misa cheered suddenly over excited making Yonghwa chuckle a little bit more before the two of them hung up. "Wow that was casual" Jamie smiled. "It was?" Misa answered with a straight face. Jamie nodded. "Yeah, but that's good! Oh we really need to hurry, we only have a little hour to get ourselves ready and I don't even know what to wear!" she panicked suddenly worried about her own date. First impression is always important. Something Jamie was always forced with in her profession.

 

"Unni, take a deep breath" Misa chuckled taking the long colorful skirt and white top she wanted to wear for the date. It wasn't too much but yet it was cute enough for a date. Just the way she likes it.  Once the two of them were changed into something cute and complimenting on each other's outfit, there was a knock on the door that could not be missed. Misa fastened to the door and opened it before she even realized the room turned out to be quite a mess, but hey, there are girls so that means clothes and products everywhere, even though Misa was clearly more organized than her bestie Jamie. "Hi?!" Misa smiled shyly when she saw it was Yonghwa looking pretty damn good in his dark jeans, grey shirt and dark blue jacket. "Hi" Yonghwa smiled cutely at her ready to take her out. "Is it time yet?" Misa asked shocked that Jamie's date didn't even show up just yet. Yonghwa chuckled. "No I am ten minutes too early. Sorry about that". "Really? Ten minutes early?" and looked back at Jamie wondering how on earth the two managed to get ready so quickly and on time too. "Well in that case we can wait in the lobby right? I mean no one will recognize you?" Misa asked looking back at the handsome looking guy in front of her. "I guess it won't hurt. Well if you girls are ready then I am all glad to you" he smiled killing Misa all over again. Jamie quickly grabbed her own purse as well as Misa's and passed it on to her and double checked once more if she had her phone and room key with her. "Let's go then" Jamie cheered following Yonghwa and her best friend to the elevator.  It wasn't even seven yet, but somehow Jamie got anxious that her date wasn't going to show up. What if he forgot? Maybe he woke up the next morning from a hangover? He sure would have forgotten everything that happened last night by now. "Misa, what if he isn't coming?" she whispered worried she already got dumped before it even started. "Relax, it's only five minutes before seven. He will come. I am sure of it" Misa assured Jamie. 'Why five do minutes last a lifetime' Jamie murmured in her mind taking a deep breath until Misa was poking her arm. "Your date. He is here!" she whispered making Jamie jump. Jonghyun seemed to look somewhat surprised to find Jamie in the lobby and he sure didn't expect to find Yonghwa either. "Hi" he smiled ily at Jamie. "Hey" she smiled back still avoiding his eyes because if she was going to look into them again like last night, it was going to make her forget everything around her and she would probably do or say something completely stupid, again. Instead she checked out what he was wearing and he was looking so handsome wearing a pair of jeans, a blank white tee with a leather jacket. It was kind of funny how they both matched since she was wearing leather leggings.

 

"It's so good to see you" Yonghwa chuckled when he noticed it was Jonghyun. "What a coincidence to bump into you here". "I was about to say the same thing" Jonghyun shrugged shaking Yonghwa's hand. "You must be Misa's date then?" he added moving his eyes between Yonghwa and Misa. Yonghwa nodded with a big smile on his face looking at Misa standing right next to him. "Yea she is" and wrapped his arm around her shoulder rubbing it with his hand. 'Do you want to kill me?' Misa was still a little uncomfortable when he touched her. But on the other hand she also couldn't complain because she liked him, but she didn't see him as CNBlue's Yonghwa anymore. Just Jung Yonghwa and she liked that. "I hope you're hungry" Jonghyun smiled ily at Jamie peering into her eyes ready to turn her into jelly then and there in the middle of the lobby. Oh boy! She just nodded following Yonghwa and Misa out of the hotel before she felt Jonghyun's hand resting on her back following her making her heart flutter. Even the slightest touch was making her feel loaded with electricity. She carefully looked over her shoulder before she was drawn back into those smiling yet seductive eyes of his making her heart beat even faster than it already did. "So where do you girls wish to go?" Yonghwa asked while he was walking very closely to Misa whose skin was brushing against his. "Surprise us!" Jamie replied. "We're new to this city after all". "I think I know the perfect place to go to" Jonghyun smirked while he surprised Jamie by taking her hand in his bending off into a street on the left where the smell of fried food was making her more and more hungry desperate to try out. Wait was he really holding her hand? Her heart was ready to jump out of her ribcage because that's how fast it was beating and it was making her hot. Really hot and nervous at the same time. But truth be told, she didn't mind at all.

 

Misa chuckled at the sight of Jonghyun holding hands with her friend Jamie while she was following her together with Yonghwa before she realized he copied exactly what Jonghyun was doing. 'OMO!' Misa screamed in her head and peered up at Yonghwa who was smiling down at her. "It's a date after all isn't?" he whispered cheekily in her ear gently squeezing her hand. After walking for a few little minutes they landed on a big market where they were selling all kind of street food. Anything you could think of. Sweets, fried chicken, steamed corn, fried fish, rice dishes, everything and it all smelled so good too. "Whoa!" Misa smiled looking around taking in the scent of all the delicious looking food. "It all looks so good!" she cheered excited as a child. She never realized she was going to smell and try it in person after seeing it all on TV making her crave for it. "You want to try something particular?" Yonghwa asked smiling at Misa standing next to him still happily holding her hand. "Can we try it all?" she bluntly answered. "If you can eat all that! Sure why not. My treat".  "It smells so good. Why don't we have these things in Germany" Jamie mumbled looking around trying to make up her mind on what to try first. Now this is what they call food heaven!

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]