THIRTY

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

JAMIE’S POV

You were relieved when you finally reached home even though that was just the SHINee dorm for now. You didn’t very much like driving the last couple of days because it was making your nausea even worse somehow. Once you were inside you took your shoes off and were happy to feel the floor beneath your bare feet. “You’re feeling okay?” Jonghyun asked when he found you sitting on one of the chairs around the kitchen table. You nodded “Yea, I am just hungry”. “Mommy’s hungry huh?” Jonghyun chuckled. “Do you want me to make you something particular?” You shook your head “Mommy wants ice cream or watermelon” you replied putting your hands on his shoulders since he kneeled himself down in front of you. “You sure? I don’t think we even have watermelon” Jonghyun answered while he thought about it. “Ice cream?” you whispered staring into his beautiful dark eyes. “That I can get you. If mommy’s craving for ice cream I will go get her some” he smiled ily at you kissing your lips. “I’ll let Roo out in the meantime and I will get you some ice cream. Any preference?” “Chocolate please” you smiled leaning forward kissing his lips this time. “I’ll go and wash up”. “And I’ll be right back” he whispered kissing you again before he called Roo and left the dorm to let her out. You were feeling exhausted and didn’t know exactly why. Probably came with the pregnancy? While your boyfriend was out you disappeared into bathroom to clean yourself up by doing your beauty routine and threw on long pj pants this time and a hoodie. Just when you were skipping through some channels and made yourself comfortable on the couch, Roo ran into the house looking up at you before she laid herself in front of the couch. “You’re lucky they had chocolate ice cream. I got the last bucket” he sing-songed disappearing into the kitchen to grab two spoons before he joined you in the living room. “Baby you’re okay?” You nodded “Yea I am just a little cold somehow. And yes I still want my ice cream”. Before Jonghyun sat himself next to you handing you the ice cream and two spoons he got a blanket. “Mhm, this is so so good. You have no idea” you confessed after your first spoonful of chocolate ice cream before your boyfriend started feeding you more. “Thank you for being the best boyfriend in the world” you smiled removing the bit of chocolate on the corner of his mouth with a kiss and threw your legs over his lap.

 

On and off you were feeding each other while watching TV until sleep got the best of you. All snuggled up you were now lying on the couch, half on Jonghyun with your feet between his, head on his chest and your hand half hidden in the sleeves of your hoodie resting too on his chest sleeping like a baby. Jonghyun finished watching whatever was on the TV and couldn’t contain his smile when he found you asleep in his arms. He your hair before he ran them down your back. For a second he considered sleeping on the couch, but he knew you might get uncomfortable at some point and he needed to make sure you were getting the sleep that you needed. Carefully he pulled off the blanket after he switched the TV off and had to remove his legs from beneath you. No matter how hard he tried not to wake you up, he did. Perhaps you were more comfortable than he thought? Groggily you raised your head followed by a yawn. “I’m sorry baby” Jonghyun whispered while you slowly sat yourself up straight. “It’s ok” you mumbled scratching your head before your boyfriend planted a kiss on your temple “Let’s get you to bed” he whispered placing your hands around his neck and scooped you off the couch bridal carrying you into the bedroom while your head was resting lifelessly onto his shoulder. “You’re so warm” you whispered in his ear followed by a kiss on his cheek before he put you down on the bed. “You’re cold?” he asked surprised. “Do I sound strange when I tell you I am?” you confessed turning yourself on your side watching your boyfriend take off his clothes before he crawled onto the bed to join you. “I am sure you won’t need to wear your hoodie” he whispered pulling your sweater up ready to take it off. “But I am cold” you whined still letting your boyfriend take off your warm and comfortable hoodie leaving you now with just a tank top instead. “Well I am not cold. I thought you just said how warm I was?” he chuckled pulling you into his arms. “Mhm” you quietly replied snaking your arms around his waist while he pulled up the blankets to cover the both of you before you kissed his lips. “I love you” you whispered not taking your eyes of his. “And I love you too babycakes” he whispered back kissing you this time and wrapped his arms around you.

 

Unfortunately the night was not going so well for you because you had to get out at least three times to throw up and the third time you went out of bed to throw up, your stomach was rather cramping a little bit too much as if you were going to have your period. You were not going to have a miscarriage, right? The light sleeper he was, Jonghyun noticed you were no longer in bed and decided to go out and look for you. “Jamie?” he whispered when he walked out of the bedroom and noticed the bathroom door slightly open and heard what he thought to be sobbing. “Jamie baby?” Jonghyun raised his voice a little so you could hear him. As soon as he swung the door open a little further he found you on the bathroom floor with your knees up to your face crying. “Hey…what’s the matter” he whispered carefully approaching you kneeling down in front of you. You raised your head and Jonghyun didn’t realize how upset you were until he saw your face. “Baby what happened?” he asked sounding worried this time tucking your hair that was stuck to your cheeks back behind your ears. “I have cramps and it hurts so bad, I can’t stand up” you sobbed. “Baby, why didn’t you wake me up?” You shook your head crying harder “I am miscarrying aren’t I?” “Baby, no you’re not! Are you bleeding?” he asked holding his hand onto your forehead. “No. But something just doesn’t feel right” “I’ll throw some clothes on real quick and we’ll get you to the hospital”. Jonghyun kept his word and rushed into the bedroom to throw on his pants and grabbed a t-shirt, a pair of socks and a hoodie for you and returned back to the bathroom once he had his shoes on. Carefully he scooped you from the ground and bridal carried you out of the dorm to his car after he put some socks on your feet as well as put your hoodie on. “I’ll get you there as soon as I can okay?” he assured you when he closed the door on your side and ran around the car to step behind the wheel and get in too.

 

Once you finally reached the hospital Jonghyun couldn’t care less if the car was parked legally or not and took you in as fast as he could. It wasn’t long when nurses were coming over to ask what was wrong. “She’s complaining about cramps. She’s three and half weeks pregnant” Jonghyun informed the nurses. In a matter of a few small minutes one of the nurses guided him to the gynecology department and have you checked upon as soon as they could. “It’s going to be alright” your boyfriend whispered while you couldn’t stop crying. It’s strange how you can switch feelings from not knowing if you were ready to be a mommy to be afraid of losing it. As soon as you were called in Jonghyun put you down on the leather bench while the gynecologist was investigating you more closely doing an internal ultrasound which was a little uncomfortable for Jonghyun to watch and also drained some blood. Once the gynecologist told you to put your pj pants back on she turned to both you and your boyfriend. “Is everything alright?” he asked giving the nurse a worried look. The gynecologist smiled “She’s fine and so are the babies”. You blinked looking at Jonghyun “Babies? There is more than one?” you asked carefully looking back at the gynecologist. She nodded with a smile “You’re having twins Miss Parker. As far as I could see when I was doing the internal ultrasound I could see two embryos in one sac, which will probably mean they’re identical too. This you should have confirmed as soon as you go for your ultrasound in about four weeks, but I am very positive I saw two babies” she explained.

 

“Twins?” you mumbled looking at that amazing boyfriend of yours not sure if you should be happy or scared. “Mommy and the babies are okay. Having cramps are not uncommon when you’re expecting twins and so does the high level of nausea” the gynecologist added. “Oh my gosh! Your sister was right” you whispered while Jonghyun squeezed your hand which he was holding the entire time. Your blood pressure level seems to be stable at this point, but I would still recommend you to take some extra vitamins since you’re having two babies which can ask a lot from your body. I will make sure you can pick this up at the pharmacy. I would also recommend to drink a lot of water, no coffee, try to avoid stress, no raw meats and be careful with fish. Also eat as much vegetables and fruits as you can as well as juices”. You were still baffled with the fact you were having two babies growing inside of you instead of one and just squeezed your boyfriend’s hand a little tighter when the gynecologist made a list for you with all the do’s and don’ts. After spending at least thirty minutes at the gynecology department you and your boyfriend finally left the hospital again and went back home. Once back home you went straight to your bedroom again, because it was ten after two in the morning and your alarm would go off in less than three hours. “I can’t believe there are two of them” you mumbled rubbing your tummy as you were sitting up straight. Jonghyun climbed onto the bed sitting in front of you and took your hands in his. “Can we manage two babies?” you whispered now looking at your boyfriend. “I know we can” he assured you kissing your cheek. “Let’s catch some more sleep beautiful. You especially need it” he added while you both crawled back under the blankets. “I need your warmth” you whispered crawling into your boyfriend’s arms and made yourself comfortable again. You didn’t have to do much to fall right back asleep and so you did.

 

Less than three hours later Jonghyun’s alarm went off which he snoozed for ten more minutes when he noticed you were still sleeping peacefully not awaken by his alarm sound. He kissed your cheek before he stepped out of bed to let you sleep a little more until he really had to wake you. While you were still in bed he decided to prepare some tea for you both to drink on the way as well as some fruits and packed the rest of the things you might needed, but you pretty much packed everything the day before so there was no stress at all. A little before 5:30 he had to wake you because you still needed fifteen minutes to get to Starbucks and you clearly needed to get dressed too. Even if it meant wearing something totally unfashionable. You moaned a little when that handsome boyfriend kissed you awake, but you had to smile as soon as you saw his handsome face. “I’ll be right up” you whispered smiling at your Jonghyun before he surprised you with a kiss. “I’ll wait for you in the shower” he smiled once more kissing you a second time before he grabbed the clothes he needed to wear and went into the bathroom to take a shower. It wasn’t easy for you to get up at this point, but you really had no choice. Nonetheless you would have the possibility to sleep a little more in the car. Forcing yourself to move you finally stepped out of bed and dragged yourself to the bathroom after you grabbed your clothes and clean underwear to join your boyfriend in the shower. “A warm shower” you smiled as you washed your hair under the running water while Jonghyun pulled you in his arms. “What are you up to Mr.?” you chuckled. “Nothing” he teased you by kissing your lips before he spontaneously decided to soap you in. “You always use this?” he asked surprised not recognizing the smell. You shook your head “Not usually no. I actually bought it in a department store when I did some shopping with Misa since I was running out of my own shower gel” you explained. “This smells good. It smells like orchids” Jonghyun added soaping in your arms before he ran his hands down the rest of your body. “I am glad you like the scent” you whispered stepping closer wrapping your arms around his neck initiating the kissing this time.

 

After you were both done with your shower which was rather quick and were entirely dressed, you were ready to leave to meet with your dear friends in front of the Starbucks after Jonghyun walked Roo for the last time before Sodam would be picking her up around eight to be staying with her until you would be back. Once you tied your hair in a bun and threw your slippers on, you grabbed your weekend bag and so did Jonghyun and made your way to the car. “You won’t get cold feet just wearing slippers?” Jonghyun asked surprised since you’d been complaining about being cold since yesterday. “I brought my socks. I plan to sleep a little more if that’s okay with you?” you explained while you stepped into the elevator. “Of course that’s okay. If you can sleep why not” he assured you kissing your temple before the elevator hit ground floor and you both got out putting your bags and everything else you didn’t need in the backseat. “I can’t wait for this trip” you smiled leaning forward to kiss your boyfriend before he turned around the key in the ignition and stepped on the gas. Surprisingly you arrived just in time and waited with getting out of the car until the rest of the road trip group would be here. “Starbucks is already open?” you sing-songed giving your boyfriend a surprised look. “It’s always open this early” he smirked leaning in to kiss you. “Mhm, morning kisses are my favorite” you whispered kissing him back before you noticed that the CNBlue van had pulled up. Both you and Jonghyun stepped out to greet your dear friends who looked just as rested as you, meaning, not.

 

NO POV

“Unni….good morning” Misa smiled giving her best friend Jamie a big hug. “Misaaa” she replied smiling back. “Good morning” Jungshin and Minhyuk cheered in union exchanging hugs with Jamie and Jonghyun just like everyone else did. “Do you guys want to go right away or you want something from Starbucks before going?” Jonghyun asked moving his eyes between everyone. “I don’t necessarily need anything because I had my coffee already, but if anyone else needs to be inside, now is the time to go I guess” Yonghwa replied tucking his hands in the pockets of his jacket. “Can you get me the yogurt drink with mango? Please?” Jamie whispered hugging Jonghyun from the side kissing his cheek. Jonghyun just quietly looked at his girlfriend first without saying anything causing Yonghwa and Jonghyun (Lee) to chuckle. “Why are you looking at me like that?” Jamie mumbled tightening her grip. “Yes?” she added before Jonghyun started laughing. “Anything else?” Jamie shook her head “No. Thank you” and gave her boyfriend a kiss on the lips this time. ”You guys really look married if we didn’t know better” Minhyuk chuckled. “There should be a bathroom inside we can use right?” Misa wondered randomly looking around if anyone knew. “I think there is a bathroom, but usually you have to pay for it or get a code to access it?” Minhyuk explained. “I’ll find it then” Misa smiled taking off into the Starbucks. “I better go now too while I still can” and followed her best friend inside as well as Jungshin and Jonghyun who wanted to buy some coffee.

 

“Unni you look tired. It must have been a long night huh?” Jamie shook her head “It’s not what you think. I wish that was that was the reason I look as tired as I do. At least I could have enjoyed myself a little more” she shrugged. “Well then what else kept you two up? You two look like you haven’t slept at all” Misa chuckled. Jamie let out a sigh “Well, we spent at least an hour in the hospital because I had major cramps that made me feel as if I was miscarrying” she explained. “Oh my god. You didn’t miscarry right?” Misa asked giving her best friend a worried look. Jamie shook her head “No everything is okay, thank god” she smiled nervously. “You know all of this is making me feel so strange. First I feel not ready to be a mom and it rather makes me scared and after last night I was so afraid of miscarrying I didn’t want to think about it and I prayed it wasn’t happening. It doesn’t make sense does it?” Jamie confessed looking at her dear friend Misa. “Unni, your body is undergoing a lot of changes right now and as for your hormones, they are the reason you’re developing these feelings. It’s normal. New to be moms tend to worry I guess because it’s the first time and it’s even more natural you don’t want to miscarry it. It’s a part of you as soon as you’re fertilized. Don’t worry about it and it really doesn’t make you abnormal. I promise” she assured Jamie. “Are you sure you’re okay though?” Jamie nodded “Yea. I believe the gynecologist and she told me I am ok and so is the baby. Which is by the way. I am not sure if I should say anything yet but you’re my best friend and I just need to share this with someone” she added. Misa gave her a confused look “And that is?” “We’re having twins” Jamie confessed. Misa’s jaw nearly dropped “Gosh, really? Oh my god…Unni?!” and hugged her as tight as she could. “Really?” Jamie nodded “Yea, this is probably why I could have cramps from time to time and it also explains why my nausea level is this high. I throw up at least a few times a day and most likely nauseous biggest part of the day. The gynecologist also thinks they’re identical as far as she could see this, but we will know for sure with the next ultrasound” Jamie added. “Unni, how do you feel about this? I mean you’re not having one but two?” Misa asked looking at her friend with a big smile on her face. Jamie shook her head “I don’t know. One baby is making me nervous, but two, I don’t know what to think or feel about it. I guess it’s okay? When I was a kid I always wanted twins” she confessed. “You got your wish then. And if they happen to be identical you will either have two boys or two girls. How is the appa to be reacting to all of this?” Jamie smiled “You know, he’s so cool and collected, I don’t get the impression he’s scared or anything. I think he’s okay with it? At least that’s the impression I get” she explained. “I think he loves you that much that it doesn’t matter to him if there is one or two. He is not going to let you do it all by yourself anyway and that’s good” Misa smiled.

 

“He really takes my side with everything. Sometimes I really wonder what I did to deserve him. I know from experience there a lot of jerks out there and he is so different.  He treats me like a queen. I am just not used to be taken care of. Everything makes sense being with him. I really think he’s the one. I don’t think I will ever have these feelings that I have for Jonghyun, for someone else” Jamie confessed not able to stop smiling. “You are in love but I can tell he is too. It’s great that you two found each other. Not a lot of people can say that after just one day they met. At least I can’t. I need a little more time to know if I have found my Mr. Right or not” Misa chuckled. “Ahw, but for what it’s worth, I really think you and Yonghwa will get there too because he likes my Misa a whole lot” Jamie assured her. “Let’s do our business and meet back with the guys. They’re probably waiting for us” Jamie shrugged reminding them interrupting the conversation. Both Misa and Jamie did what they had to do before they came out of the Starbucks again where clearly everyone was waiting for them. “What have you girls been doing in there?” Yonghwa smirked. “Nothing!” Misa bluntly answered. “We had some catching up to do. That’s what girls do, don’t they?” she added sticking out her tongue at Yonghwa. “Did you guys see that?” he sing-songed putting up a fake shocked look and walked around the van ready to step behind the wheel. “You guys have everything right?” he asked cocking his head around the van to look at Jamie and Jonghyun. Jamie gave him thumbs up “We will just follow the van, shouldn’t be that hard right?” she smiled following her boyfriend to his car. With that said Jamie and Jonghyun stepped into his car while everyone else got into the van. Off they went for a fun and exciting road trip.

 

It didn’t take long before they were really out of Seoul and were driving on the highway. As expected Misa, Jungshin and Minhyuk fell asleep in the backseat to catch up a little more on their sleep while Yonghwa was driving and Jonghyun (Lee) kept him awake and company in the meantime. They were talking and laughing over the most random things with quiet music in the background. Also Jamie fell back to sleep once they were driving on the highway and threw her slippers off and put on socks instead to keep herself a little warm and comfortable. After driving a little longer than an hour they made a stop at Incheon International airport. “We’re here” Yonghwa sing-songed as soon as he parked the car waking up the sleepyheads sleeping on the backseat. “Huh?” Misa murmured “That was fast” she added completely clueless and looked out of the window “Where are we? I thought we were supposed to go to the beach? This doesn’t look like a beach to me but rather a garage”. “You’re close” Yonghwa stepping out of the car as well as everyone else. “No really, where are we?” she asked holding her hand in front of to cover her yawning. “Hyung, they don’t know where we are going?” Minhyuk asked giving the leader a surprised look. Jungshin found it amusing and started laughing. “I guess they don’t. Surprise!” Misa looked at Jungshin with her sleepy eyes “How come everyone knows except me?” “I’ll give you one clue” Minhyuk started “We’re at the airport”. Misa scratched her head blinking looking somewhat confused. “I am really not following” “You will figure it out once we’re checked in I guess” Jonghyun (Lee) chuckled. “You guys are not funny. Where are Jamie and Jonghyun?” she suddenly asked looking behind her but didn’t see Jonghyun’s car. “They will be here in a minute” Yonghwa smirked. “Aish, forever worried you are” he chuckled teasing her ruffling her hair. “Hey, what did you do that for?” Misa whined hitting him playfully on the arm. “It’s too bad you’re so tall otherwise I would have ruffled your hair too” she pouted correcting her messed up hair. Yonghwa and Jungshin unloaded the luggage out of the van as well as Misa’s giant suitcase while Jonghyun (Lee) got a cart so they could keep everything together.

 

“Baby we’re here” Jonghyun whispered rubbing Jamie’s knee kissing her head. She opened her eyes yawning like a lion. “Already?” she whispered giving her boyfriend a confused look. “That was rather fast” Jonghyun couldn’t stop smiling and stepped out of the car and so did Jamie. “Why are we in some sort of garage?” she wondered correcting her bun and hoodie. “That’s a surprise” Jonghyun smirked kissing her cheek before he took their luggage from the backseat. “I am confused” Jamie murmured. “Weren’t we supposed to go to the beach or something?” Jonghyun nodded “Yes and we are. Except this beach can only be reached by plane”. “We’re at the airport?” Jamie asked the obvious. “Never mind me, I am really confused right now. That’s what the lack of sleep will be doing to me” she yawned once more following her boyfriend to the rest of the group. It didn’t take Jamie long to realize it was not just her who was confused but so was her friend Misa. Clueless about anything the girls followed the boys to the check-in before they were boarding their flight to Jeju Island. “Oh my god, are we seriously going there?” Misa exclaimed looking at Yonghwa suddenly awake and excited instead. “Yes. I thought you needed to see this place before you go back home, so that’s why we didn’t really say anything” he smiled ily at Misa. “Wow, I always wanted to see it. I can’t believe I am going. We better not get in trouble or something, otherwise my parents will kick my , but OMG, yay” she cheered clapping her hands in excitement and took a seat next to Yonghwa. “I can’t believe you’re taking me there” Jamie whispered kissing Jonghyun’s cheek since she was sitting next to him. “I heard it’s super romantic”. ”That is because it is” Jonghyun smiled leaning in to kiss his girlfriend. “You are romantic” Jamie whispered dropping her head onto his shoulder waiting for the plane to finally take off. “You better enjoy every single second of it” Jonghyun whispered taking Jamie’s hand in his before he kissed the back of it. “I already am enjoying it” Jamie smiled closing her eyes when finally the plane took off, off to Jeju Island.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]