TWENTY-ONE

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

Once the boys of FT Island were finished with their sound checking, they joined Misa, Jamie and their friends of CNBlue backstage to have some food. Despite of the sound checking not measuring up to the real deal later in the evening, it was still a workout to make it as perfect as possible. Meaning, it could make you quite hungry. While everyone was digging into the delicious food served in front of them, the boys of FT Island were more than excited to see Jamie and Misa as well. It’s not so common that they will have some time to get to know foreigners when they tour abroad, so this is a good chance for them to do so. As soon as everyone sat themselves around the table, they started having very random conversations about pretty much everything. When Jamie and Misa were leaving, to the fans that were patiently waiting outside to be let in to see their favorite band. Although that part of the conversation was rather funny in a way. When everyone finished their foods the FT Island boys needed to prepare themselves for a sold out concert while Jamie, Misa and their CNBlue friends went into the venue to look for some space to see the show without fans to necessarily recognize any of them. The concert was indeed entirely sold out and the crowd was going bananas as soon as their idols appeared on the stage singing along all of their songs, just as well as Misa who seemed to be knowing some leaving Jamie rather a little bit awkward. Nonetheless she enjoyed and had a good time just like everyone else.

 

After hanging out with CNBlue and FT Island after their show and talk a little bit more, Jamie and Misa were taken back to their hotel by CNBlue not much later than short after eleven in the evening because Jamie wasn’t really feeling so well. “Thanks guys so much for the good show and for showing us around” Jamie smiled despite of how miserable she actually felt. “No thank you girls for coming out to see us and show us your support. It means a lot to us” Jaejin smiled giving both Misa and Jamie a big teddy hug. “Ah you guys are too nice” Misa smiled after she finished hugging everyone. “If we don’t see you girls anymore in the next days, have a safe trip back home” Seunghyun said waving at his two noona’s. “I am pretty sure we will see each other again right?” Misa smiled confidently. “And when we do get back, let’s have a reunion of some sort” she suggested. “I like you’re thinking’ Jaejin smiled hugging her one last time. “Enjoy these last couple of days” he added while Jamie just yet again had to pretend she was okay while she wasn’t. She was feeling more and more horrible as the minutes were ticking away under her watch. "Bye guys" Jamie forced a smile as she headed towards the CNBlue van together with Jungshin followed by the rest of CNBlue and Misa of course.

 

"Noona are you okay? Because you don't look okay" Jungshin asked as he opened the doors and both he and Jamie stepped in. "I'm fine" she lied making herself comfortable and buckled herself secure. "I'm just a little tired. That's all" she added in which Jungshin frowned not sure he was believing her answer. Once everyone else stepped into the van they headed to the hotel to drop Misa and Jamie off since it was running a little bit late for everyone. As soon as the van pulled up in front of the hotel Minhyuk had to step out in order to let Jamie and Misa off the van. Yonghwa stepped out of the van as well and walked around the van to meet Jamie and Misa. "Thanks for taking us back again" Misa smiled playing with her hands still feeling a little shy around Yonghwa. "I'm sorry you guys, but is it okay if I go in? I'm really tired" Jamie excused herself while Yonghwa, Misa and Jungshin exchanged glares wondering if she really was just tired or just not feeling good and not wanting to tell anyone. "I'll be right in too" Misa shouted after Jamie feeling somewhat worried although she was suspecting her best friend to hang above the toilet again to throw out everything she ate this day. "I'll see you tomorrow then?" Yonghwa smiled at Misa while Minhyuk decided to excuse himself and get back into the van and closed the door behind him. They probably did not want to be looked at while they are talking. Misa gave Yonghwa a confused look. "Did we make plans for tomorrow? Because I can't remember" she mumbled scratching the back of her head. Yonghwa shook his head "No we didn't but I decided to take you out spontaneously. Is that ok?" he asked locking eyes with Misa. "I think so" Misa nodded a little hesitant. "I just feel bad leaving unni by herself. She really misses Jonghyun and he won't be back again until two or three days from now. I can't remember" she added waving her hands around.

 

"Is that a yes then?" Yonghwa smirked asking for confirmation. Misa nodded "I think unni would want me to go before she will scold me again". Yonghwa shrugged "Good. I will pick you up at eleven tomorrow morning. Wear something comfortable. That means also wearing comfortable shoes". Misa was doubting to smile or not and gave a suspicious look. "Are you taking me hiking or something?" she bluntly asked almost pouting it seems. "Something like that but not quite. I just don't want you to regret wearing heels or uncomfortable boots of some sort" Yonghwa explained taking a few steps closer which startled Misa a little. No matter how much time she was spending with him, he always did something unexpected. She was not prepared for his actions. Actually she never was. "I'll see you tomorrow" he smirked planting an innocent kiss on her cheek before he turned around and walked back to the van behind them. "See you tomorrow" Misa mumbled as she felt her cheeks were flushing some shade of pink or red even. He really was sneaky like this, just like a snake would be. That explains his sign very much so. Misa disappeared into the hotel as the CNBlue boys were taking off. As soon as Misa opened the door she already found Jamie in bed. That was quick. 'She really must have been that tired' Misa thought as she closed the door behind her quietly and gathered her pj's getting herself changed after she washed up and stepped in bed as well.

 

Just when Misa wanted to go to sleep she noticed a phone buzzing but it wasn't hers. She glanced around the room trying to figure out where the sound came from before she noticed it was Jamie's phone buzzing next to her. Quietly Misa stepped out of bed to look who was calling her best friend because this person was obviously not going to stop calling. Misa soon saw it was Jonghyun calling her. Why did Jamie not wake up to pick up the phone? "" Misa cursed feeling a little uneasy as if her best friend was completely passed out. Just to make sure Misa checked Jamie's pulse which was normal. "Whoa unni really is exhausted" Misa mumbled hovering over Jamie's head to grab her phone and decided to pick up. "Were you going to ignore me again" Jonghyun chuckled not knowing he wasn't talking to Jamie but Misa instead. "Jonghyun?" Misa whispered not wanting to wake you up and quietly left the room to speak to Jonghyun. "Misa?" Jonghyun asked surprised wondering why Jamie wasn't picking up the phone herself. "Yes, it's me" Misa bluntly confirmed. "Is everything alright?" Jonghyun asked sounding overly worried again. "Yea I think so. Unni hasn't slept so well the last days and now she is sleeping not hearing anything else. She's exhausted” "I told her to see a doctor but she won't listen to me" Jonghyun sighed realizing how stubborn Jamie really must be. "Well I didn't know about you telling her that, but she's okay. She's just tired and now she finally seems to be sleeping I don't want to wake her up" Misa explained. Jonghyun nodded running his fingers through his hair "I get that. I will try to call her in the morning then. Will you keep an eye on her for me? I know she keeps telling everyone she's okay, but I also know by now she is very very stubborn" Jonghyun insisted calmly. "I will. Don't worry too much okay? If anything changes you'll be the first to know okay?" Misa assured her best friend's worried boyfriend. "Thanks" Jonghyun added with a smile in his voice. "Good night Misa" and hung up. Quietly Misa returned back to the bedroom and put the phone back next to Jamie as she took another glimpse at her sleeping friend. "Sorry I picked up your phone. He will call you back again in the morning" she whispered stepping back into her own bed drifting off to dreamland.

 

 

The next morning Misa's alarm went off at 9:30 because she was supposed to meet with Yonghwa today and her best friend Jamie didn't know just yet. Just when Misa turned sat up straight, Jamie walked out of the bathroom wearing her reading glasses. "You're awake" Jamie smiled as she sat herself on the bed pulling the blankets back over her legs grabbing the book she was reading earlier. "Did you sleep ok unni?" Misa asked with a worried tone and straight face. Jamie nodded "I know it looked as if I wasn't okay yesterday and honestly I didn't feel so good really. I just needed sleep and finally I did. I'm sorry if I worried you guys. I really didn't mean to" she apologized. "Don't worry unni. We were just a little worried because you weren't looking so good either. But you look much better right now" Misa smiled rubbing her face. "Thanks! I do feel better. I don't know why I felt as crappy as I did last night but I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe it's because I’ve thrown up so much and not keeping in so much and in combination with the lack of sleep the last couple of days. I guess it was just a little too much" Jamie sighed tying her hair in a bun. "Do you want me to order some food? Maybe you're hungry? You do need to eat something. You keep throwing up so much though" Misa insisted as she stepped out of bed to gather some clean clothes for her to wear today. "I think that might be a good idea. I do feel a little hungry. I could try to eat something light like a yogurt. The sickness in the morning is just at its worst if I'll have heavy breakfast" Jamie defended herself. "I understand" Misa nodded "I am pretty sure they have some yogurt too. But you need to eat. Jonghyun will totally scold me if I don't make you eat". Jamie chuckled "He won't. Don't worry. If he will scold someone it will be me". Misa shrugged "Maybe, but I am your friend and I feel like I need to make sure you eat since I am the only who knows about the pregnancy. Well apart from Jonghyun of course". "He is just forever worried. I am not used to this. My family never cares about what I do and he does. It's not easy going from always looking after yourself to being looked after by someone who does care as much as he does" Jamie explained.

 

"Unni, by the way. Jonghyun called you last night. Your phone had been buzzing next to you at least for a couple of minutes, but you seemed to be so off to dreamland I decided to pick up. I'm sorry unni if I did. But I know that poor guy will be worried even more if no one picks up" Misa confessed. "He called?" Jamie asked surprised and grabbed her phone checking the incoming calls. Misa dear was right but she also found a Kakao message from Jonghyun.

 

Jong: I just spoke to your dear friend because sleeping beauty was sleeping huh? ;)

Jong: I'll give you a call tomorrow morning your time

Jong: Please take care of yourself for me okay?

Jong: See you very soon my love

Jong: I love you <3 <3 :* :*

 

Jamie smiled from one ear to the other reading these messages Jonghyun left. "What on earth did I do in my previous life to deserve guy named Kim Jonghyun? I must have saved China or something" she joked letting out another sigh. "I miss that face of his" she confessed short after. "Unni, you just look like a sixteen year old in love for the first time" Misa giggled. "I know, I know" Jamie laughed. "Blame Mr. Kim for that". "I think it's cute" Misa chuckled taking the clothes that she needed and disappeared into the bathroom to prepare herself for a day out with Yonghwa while Jamie turned back to her book after she ordered room service for herself and Misa. After a little twenty minutes walked out of the bathroom entirely showered and dressed scenting up the entire room with strawberry. "Misa, you smell good" Jamie complimented Misa and whatever body wash she used to smell this sweet. "Oh you know how much I love strawberry smells. I needed to use this body wash of mine again. I need to get a refill because this one is nearly empty" Misa sighed a little disappointed her favorite shower foam was pretty much all used. But then again, she used it every. It doesn't last forever.

 

"Unni do you mind if I am going out with Yonghwa today? He asked me last night after the concert. Are you okay with this?" Misa asked giving Jamie a look of guilt that she is even considering. "Of course that is okay" Jamie smiled interrupted by a knock on the door and knew this was going to be their breakfast. "I really think you should go. You are here to enjoy yourself a little too aren't you?" Jamie continued as she opened the door to receive the room service for the two of them. "Thank you" Jamie smiled to the lady and closed the door. "I ordered you some yogurt too. Or did you want something else?" Jamie continued as she looked at her friend putting the bowls of yogurt on the desk in their room near the window. "No yogurt is fine" Misa smiled sitting herself on the bed after she brushed her hair. "But you sure you wouldn't mind?" Jamie nodded "Yes. Gives me a reason to stay in and relax a little. Don't worry about me. I will be fine" Jamie convinced her friend passing a bowl of yogurt to Misa and sat herself on her own bed and fed herself a spoonful of yogurt. "What time will he be here to pick you up?" Jamie asked out of curiosity but happy for her best friend that she is at least going out with Mr. Jung. "Oh" Misa mumbled swallowing the yogurt "He will be here at eleven".  Jamie nodded "Good, what will you guys be doing today or didn't he say?" Misa shook her head "I have no idea what he has up his sleeves this time because he doesn't want to give away too much. All he told me was to wear something comfortable and definitely no heels or any shoes that would kill my feet" Misa explained. "Is he taking you on a hike or something?" Jamie asked dipping her spoon back in the bowl. Misa raised her shoulders "That's exactly what I said. He is very mysterious about his plans most of the time". Jamie chuckled "He just enjoys this suspense and leave you in the unknown. Maybe that is his way of teasing you a little". "That you could be right" Misa agreed as she eagerly continued to feed herself with more yogurt until her bowl was finished.

 

Just when Jamie finished her bowl there was a knock on the door and the only other person who that could be was Yonghwa who definitely was here to pick up Misa. "I'll go" Misa murmured as she put the empty bowl down on the bedside table and rushed to the door. "Hey" Misa cheered happily as she opened the door. "Good morning to you too sunshine" Yonghwa chuckled somewhat surprised about Misa's sudden cheerfulness. "Can you give me a second? I still need to put my shoes on" Misa excused herself leaving the door open and rushed to her suitcase to take out a pair of ballerina shoes. "Is this okay?" Misa shouted to Yonghwa who was quietly checking out his watch. He cocked his head around the door and invited himself in looking for Misa. "If that is what's comfortable for you then sure". "Okay" Misa smiled grabbing her handbag and checked if everything she needed was already in there until she discovered that she was missing her phone. Once she found her phone she turned to her friend Jamie who was quietly reading a book. "You'll see me later okay? I am not sure when I'll be back". "Don't rush yourself. Have some fun. I know you're in good hands. Yonghwa will look after you right?" Jamie smiled looking at the tall guy standing next to the TV hanging on the wall. "Of course I'll look after her. You have nothing to worry about" Yonghwa assured Jamie. "Good" Jamie smiled looking back at her dear friend Misa. "Now will you just go and have fun please. I can look after myself. Now go" Jamie hurried her friend. "Okay! If something happens call me yea?" Misa added turning back to Jamie. "Yonghwa, will you please do me a favor and take her with you?" Jamie chuckled begging Misa's date. "Got it" Yonghwa smiled turning to Misa. "Come with me miss sunshine" Yonghwa smirked wrapping his arm around Misa's shoulder pulling her closer. "Bye" Jamie smiled as she watched her best friend tortured by the guy she had a major crush on. Yonghwa closed the door behind him before he took her by the hand instead.

 

MISA'S POV

"Are you going to tell me where you will take me?" you asked as you were waiting for the elevator. "All I can say is that it's adventurous and that I am pretty sure you will like this one. You do like active and sporty things right?" Yonghwa smirked as he took you into the elevator not letting go of your hand. You nodded "You do remember what I like". "Silly, of course I do. I like the same things" Yonghwa smirked as the two of you stepped out of the elevator and guided you to his car. "After you" he gestured for you to get in first before he walked around the car to get in himself. "Let's go for a little drive" he added stepping on the gas and drove you out of the city. You had no idea what direction he was going or where he was taking you even but as soon as he pulled over and stopped just a little outside of Seoul near the woods, you were captivated by the beautiful nature surrounding you. "Wow!" you mumbled in amazement as you stepped out of the car. "You are taking me on a hike?" Yonghwa shook his head after he got meeting you on the passenger side. "You might think we are, but no honey bear" he smirked taking you by the hand again and guided you up a path finding a small looking cottage. You were definitely curious.


As soon as you reached this white little house up the hill meeting a whole bunch of other families, elders and some couples even, you realized Yonghwa was taking you for biking. You weren't sure if that was a good idea. It had been ages since the last time you were actually on one and these were all mountain bikes. All made for the bumpy rides it seems. Yonghwa walked towards the reception ready to pick up two bikes for rent. You weren't paying attention at all and were startled by Yonghwa who creped upon behind you whispering in your ear "Let's go on a little adventure". You turned around looking at the most handsome tall guy in your opinion. "We're renting bikes?" you asked the obvious. Yonghwa nodded "We are and I am pretty sure you will like this" he smirked. "Gosh, it's been so long I have been on a bike" you confessed. "You'll be alright. Once you know how to ride a bike you'll never fail to do it. No matter how long you have not been on one" Yonghwa convinced you. "If you say so" you chuckled and followed Mr. handsome tall guy outside to where all the bikes were stalled and numbered. "Can I go on the pink one?" you smiled excitedly. After all you do love everything that is pink. "Girls and their pink" Yonghwa chuckled. "Hey what is that supposed to mean" you pouted playfully. "Nothing" Yonghwa smiled ily unlocking the grey bike next to the pink one. "Don't all girls love everything that comes in pink?" "Not all girls love the color pink, but I sure do" you confessed and unlocked your bike. "Despite of your liking all the tough sport challenging activities, you are very much a girl in there" Yonghwa teased you by holding his hand in front of your heart. "I like that" he whispered with his face so close to yours you could feel his warm breath on your lips that didn't leave you cold. Boy it was getting hot.

 

"Let's go" Yonghwa smiled ily leaving you stunned and paralyzed and took his bike out of the rack ready to leave. "Are you coming or not?" he chuckled by the state you were in and he very knew well enough that it was his fault to begin with. "Y..yeah I'm coming" you stammered taking your bike out of the rack too. That wasn't so hard to do but getting onto it and keeping your balance was a complete different story. "You need my help?" Yonghwa asked looking back wondering what took you so long. You shook your head "No I got this" you assured him confidence. While you were struggling to get yourself on the bike and steady your balance, Yonghwa did not look away for one second and nearly witnessed you bumping into a tree because you discovered how these breaks were working in this particular bike. "Slow it down hots" Yonghwa intervened just in time by grabbing you. "You don't want to scar that pretty face of yours" he added sounding very much sincere about his words. "I would be upset" Yonghwa confessed. You shook your head thinking that was rather funny. He wasn't serious or was he? "Yea I hardly doubt that" you chuckled. "I'm still responsible for you if anything happens to you under my watch. Because I am your oppa and oppas do take care of those they are with. So I am very much serious. You nearly hurt my feelings right there" he then smiled. You started to giggle. That guy had a strange sense of humor and you weren't even sure if it was that funny what he said, but it sure made you laugh in a strange way, funny or not. "I'm sorry. I bet I am making a complete fool out of myself am I not?" you shrugged. "Maybe you are, but it suits you" Yonghwa smiled playfully. "What's wrong with you" you pouted giving him a playful punch in his shoulder. "That does not make me feel better. Thank you very much". "Misa has a sassy side. Oppa likes" Yonghwa continued to tease you before you finally decided to bike down another hill in front of you. This time without nearly hugging the trees.

 

After biking for two hours they decided to make a little stop to drink something and use the bathroom if they needed to. They were not even halfway their route, but drinking all the water because of the extremely warm water will make you want to go to the bathroom at some point. After a small stop you continued your little bike adventure through the woods a little more and passing some breathtaking flowered fields as the wind was blowing through your hair. Mother Nature really was precious and had no price. Everything you passed from the blossom trees and colorful flower fields was gorgeous and put a smile on your face and the fact that you were sharing this with Yonghwa made you smile even more. You now totally understood how Jamie felt about leaving. Your feelings for Yonghwa were growing the more time you were spending him. Leaving back to your own country was going to be everything but fun. You were genuinely going to Miss Korea, its people and of course Yonghwa. The more you hoped to get accepted to the university you applied for. This way you would definitely have a chance to get to know Yonghwa a bit more that could bloom into romance. You were practically putting all your hopes on getting accepted into the university. Hoping sounded a bit foolish maybe but sometimes you have to hope on at least something right? Nonetheless, all of this was the best experience of your life and you were fortunate you got to enjoy yourself the way you did.

 

Back to the rental cabin again you dropped off your bikes after renting them for at least five hours. Your legs were definitely killing you and you sure were hungry too. Yonghwa dropped off the keys after both bikes were locked in the racks he met you back at the entrance. "Are you okay? You look pained" Yonghwa chuckled. "I think I have used some muscles in my legs that I haven't even used in years since the last time I was on a bike" you whimpered. "You sure you going to be okay?" Yonghwa asked with a sudden serious expression on his face. "It's not too far to your car is it? I can still use my legs" you chuckled and followed Yonghwa back to the car. Your legs were bothering you like two bricks weighing a ton. You were relieved to be in his car. Just when you were thinking you headed back to Seoul again, Yonghwa made another unexpected stop in the middle of nowhere. "What's this?" you asked giving Yonghwa a confused look sitting left from you. "I figured you might be hungry, so why don't we just relax a little bit and enjoy the good weather. Might give you some time to relax your legs a little" Yonghwa convinced you with the most innocent smile he has ever given you and stepped out of the car. You did the same and found him at the back taking out a sky blue with white box what looked like a cooling box. "I prepared something for a picnic for two" Yonghwa smirked staring into your eyes ready to turn you into jelly. "We're going for a picnic?" you asked dumbfounded. Yonghwa nodded "I thought you might like one. Plus the sun is not too hot anymore. There is a nice breeze and the scenery is gorgeous. I figured it might be just right to wind down after our intensive bike adventure through the woods". You chuckled. "Can I carry something?" Yonghwa passed you a checkered plaid and closed the trunk after he took out the cooling box with the drinks and food for the both of you.

 

Yonghwa was very much considerate and didn't let you walk too far. In fact you only walked for five minutes until you reached a big blossom tree in the middle of a big green field that was greener than you have ever seen before. "I like it here" you smiled taking in the oxygen blown into the air by the summer breeze tickling your senses in a good way. "You want to sit here?" Yonghwa asked looking at you before he put the box down that was weighing a little something. You nodded looking up at the big blossom tree squeezing your eyes to the little bit of sun falling through. "Yes can we?" Yonghwa smiled like an idiot "Of course we can. It's your pick" he replied helping you put down the plaid and gestured you to sit down and make yourself comfortable first before he did. He opened the big blue box taking out a lot of different things. Different salads, fruits, self-made sushi and ice cold lemonade. He really thought about this. "It looks very much yummy" you smiled widely tying your hair in a small ponytail to keep your hair from blown into your face. "Dig into anything you like. There is plenty" Yonghwa smiled preparing plastic cups for you and him. "Lemonade?" "Yes please" you smiled holding your plastic cup out so that he could pour you some. "Thank you for taking me here. It's absolutely gorgeous" you sighed after you took a refreshing sip. "Maybe" Yonghwa smiled ily putting away the bottle of homemade lemonade back in the box to keep it cool. "It's you that makes it perfect" he whispered as he carefully leaned in to kiss you releasing all the butterflies in your belly again and make all the birds around you sing spontaneously.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]