FIVE

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

"You're from Germany?" Jonghyun asked surprised still holding Jamie's hand in his. Jamie nodded "Yea. Well I've been living there for three years now, but I am half Dutch and half American. Meaning, born in the Netherlands and grew up in Las Vegas and came to Berlin Germany to study for my last year and never really left after that".  "You've been in quite some places haven't you?" Jonghyun shrugged. Jamie shook her head smiling that he thought so. "Ah not really actually" she chuckled casually. "Any preferences on food you would want to try first?" he smiled cutely at her gently squeezing her hand. "I really don't know, it all looks equally good. Let's just try anything" she bluntly answered not able to decide between all the tasty stuff in front of her to choose from. Jonghyun just decided to order four fried fish on a stick and passed it on to Yonghwa, Misa and Jamie. "Mhm it's really good" Misa sing-songed when she had two bites from it. "You want some more?" Yonghwa asked slightly flirting with Misa. "Maybe later. I want to try just as much different things I possibly can". "Well then you gotta try these too" Yonghwa chuckled pulling Misa to the next stand a few stands away from where they were pausing. They were trying out everything they could possibly try out. Fried fish, steamed corn, chicken skewers, egg bread, sweet Korean 'pancakes' and last but not the spicy rice cakes which were all good and tasty. "I am so stuffed" Jamie whined nearly burping holding her hand in front of just on time. "Sorry about that". "Well I hope you two still have a little bit of room for ice cream?" Yonghwa smirked ready to take Misa to the best ice cream salon in Seoul. "I always have room for ice cream" Misa cheered. "Well then let's go" Yonghwa smiled taking her by her hand and carefully dragged her with him to the best ice salon in town.

 

Arriving at the ice salon it was quite big and so many people. Both you and Misa looked at one another thinking the exact same thing. What if Yonghwa and Jonghyun were going to be recognized here? You can't just sit there and eat the ice cream casually with all these people around. They are going to spread rumors that aren't even true and you two did not want to go down that road of humiliation. "This place sure looks crowded doesn't it?" Misa mumbled as she was looking through the glass inside. "Are you worried about something?" Yonghwa asked by the expression on his date's face. "It's always this crowded" he added ready to take her inside. "But what if they recognize you?" Misa mumbled still not convinced to face the crowd of strangers holding hands with Korea's heartthrob Jung Yonghwa. "Hey don't worry about it. I go to this place all the time and besides people don't even pay attention that much to celebrities like us walking in and out. It's the one and only ice salon where everybody goes. It's ok" Yonghwa assured Misa taking her inside followed by Jamie and Jonghyun. Jamie was quietly looking at all the different sorts displayed trying to decide which flavor she wanted. Busy looking she didn't notice that Jonghyun was creeping up on her from behind whispering in her ear. "You decided yet?” His breath on her skin and the fact that he was standing behind her so closely startled her.  "Yy...yeah I think I do" and turned her head a little to the right nearly meeting her lips with his. 'What's he doing? Is that his way of flirting?' Jonghyun just smiled looking somewhat amused by Jamie's facial expression as if she were shocked. Jamie straighten herself while her stomach was making multiple flip overs. "I'll go with the melon and chocolate chip flavor" she mumbled almost whispering meeting with his eyes again. There she was, doing the same thing all over again. Her eyes were drawn back to his lips making her nervous. She didn’t do it on purpose. It all happened automatically. Darn it!

 

MISA'S POV

"And have you decided?" Yonghwa asked while he studied you who was trying to decide between the different chocolate flavors. "It's so hard to choose isn't?" you mumbled to yourself while you tapped your index finger onto your chin scanning all the flavors all over again. "Why don't you pick out all the ones you want to try?" he suggested making your eyes grow bigger than the moon. "What? No! They all look good, but I can't eat all that" you chuckled "Besides, I need to have a reason to come back to this place to try all the rest". Yonghwa nodded. "You have a point" and smiled at her before he looked at the lady behind the counter ordering the ice cream for everyone since Jonghyun practically bought most of the street food. With the cups of ice cream in your hands you walked down the streets of Gangnam trying to find a place to sit and decided to sit down at one of the countless benches spread around the park you walked into while everything around them was covered in lights. You sat down on the bench taking another spoonful of your chocolate chip ice cream enjoying every single bite that was exploding in your mouth, it was that good. "You're right. This really is the best ice cream I have tried so far" you confessed looking at Yonghwa sitting next to you. "That's because they make it themselves. It's one of a kind and really good, so I think" Yonghwa explained taking a bite from his own ice cream. "No wonder. It's really good. I am in ice-cream chocolate heaven right now" you sighed closing your eyes with a big grin on your face for only a few seconds before you realized Yonghwa's face got a whole lot closer to yours, very close as if he was ready to kiss you. Nervous as you were could only blink your eyes trying to figure out if you were ready to be kissed or not. Not just a kiss. A kiss from a guy you have been admiring for quite some years. But he didn't. Instead his thumb touched the corner of your lips removing a bit of chocolate not taking his eyes from yours. "You have some chocolate there" Yonghwa whispered staring into your eyes making you extremely uncomfortable. His eyes were captivating and very disturbing in a way.


JAMIE'S POV

"Is it good?" Jonghyun asked with a big smile on his face staring at you enjoying the spoonful of ice cream he just fed himself. You nodded taking another spoonful from your cup smiling back at him. The taste was so refreshing and unique. It definitely was the best so far. "Thank you" you mumbled turning to face at the handsome looking man sitting closely next to you. "You don't have to thank me for anything" Jonghyun smiled ily at you again. Why was he doing that all the time? Was that his weapon to seduce you? "Well you took me out didn't you? Besides you paid for most of the food too, so thank you" you bluntly reminded him. "Otherwise you wouldn't call it a date right?" Jonghyun chuckled the ice cream from his lips. 'Oh be damned. That is so distracting!' "Can I ask you something?" Jonghyun continued as he shifted more towards you. You blinked your eyes wondering what he was going to ask you and at the same time it terrified you too. "Ss…Sure" you nodded with a big smile on your face. "What is it?" "Can I take you out on a second date?" Jonghyun whispered loud enough for you to hear. "Eh..I…" you mumbled while he took your hands in his. "I want to take you out on a real date. Not that this isn’t a real date, but I’d like to go with you alone. I really want to get to know you a little bit better and go somewhere quieter" Jonghyun continued trying to convince you into another date while this date wasn’t even over just yet. "I..I'd love to but..." you added looking at your best friend Misa who was sitting on another smaller bench next to yours. "I can't exactly leave my best friend by herself, but you already know that. She's like a little sister to me and her parents agreed letting her travel with me after begging them for months. I will be toast if her parents will find out that I am not watching her. I'm sorry" you apologized hoping he would understand. You felt as if you were turning him down which you weren't. But how do you explain to someone you barely know that it's a little complicated? "It's really not you, just wanted to say that. Because I think you're hot". There, it just left your mouth before you could even stop it. That's what happens when you speak before you think. You closed your eyes looking down in embarrassment. "That's not what I was going to say" you murmured mentally face palming yourself over and over again wondering why on earth you have to be so damn clumsy. Not only in action but verbally too. Jonghyun chuckled clearly amused by your unexpected compliment noticing you were turning red of shame. Or were you blushing perhaps? He couldn't quite tell but he sure thought it was cute. "So you think I'm hot?" he teased you reminding you whatever came out of your mouth earlier. You squeezed your eyes not sure what to answer to that even though you knew he was teasing you just now before meeting with his eyes again. "I...No...I mean yes..oh dear" you mumbled not making sense out of your own words anymore. "What I wanted to say is..." before you could even finish your sentence there was one loud bang making you jump.

 

"What's that?" Misa said as she looked up at the clouds above her head but couldn't really tell what was going on. The clouds weren't giving away too much because of the reflection of all the lights that lit up the city. "I really don't know" Yonghwa mumbled as he looked up at the sky, but neither did he notice something unusual until a second bang of thunder and lightning startled both you and Misa. You weren't afraid of many things and thunder mostly neither, but this one was a tough one scaring the crap out of you. There wasn't only lightning, but the wind started picking up speed too. "Maybe we should look for a place other than this park right now. It's not safe" Yonghwa assured everyone as he looked at the trees around them catching all the wind and rose from the bench reaching out his hand to Misa. Misa at first just studied him admiring how good he was looking before she put her hand in his ready to leave the park. "Great, it starts raining now too" you whined holding your hand up catching the first raindrops coming down from the sky above you. "Let's go. Yonghwa is right, it's not safe to stay here surrounded by all these trees" Jonghyun said with a straight face grabbing your hand and pulled you up following Yonghwa and Misa out of the park to look for some shelter, because it definitely was not going to stop raining anytime soon. You weren't even halfway through the park when the rain started to come down faster than you could possibly walk or run. Everyone that was enjoying a picnic or a date was doing the exact same thing as you: get out of the park because thunderstorms are unpredictable and with all these trees around, it was everything but safe. Yonghwa decided to pick up the pace making a run for it while Misa was holding onto his hand a bit tighter and followed his example terrified by all the thunder sounds surrounding her, but so did you and Jonghyun. "Whatever you do, don't let go of my hand okay?" Jonghyun said as he looked at you squeezing your hand to make sure you heard what he just said.

 

You nodded and did as told running out of the park just like everyone else. It started pouring in no time trying to avoid as many trees as possible while the thunder and the lightning only got stronger blowing all the leaves from the trees. Everyone was okay until you got hit on your head by a stick that broke off from one of the trees you passed. "Ouch!" you whimpered slowing down the pace letting go of Jonghyun's hand while you were panting. That stick was quite big and landed on your head pretty harshly. Jonghyun stopped as soon as he noticed you let go and looked back while the rain poured down from his face. "Jamie?" he shouted when he saw you were trying to balance yourself holding one hand on your forehead. "Jamie?!" and ran back to where you stopped and noticed the small wound on your head. "Does it hurt?" he whispered as he took a closer look at it and noticed you were slightly bleeding and accidentally touched it. "Ouch!" you whimpered as it was hurting. Boy, now that was going to give you a bruise you did not imagine on collecting. "I feel dizzy" you whined holding your hand back on the wound again. "We'll get you some medical help okay?" Jonghyun assured you turning around slightly going through his knees offering to carry you on his back. You blinked your eyes thinking he'd gone crazy. You're not crippled but you didn't feel exactly good either. "Get on. I'll carry you out of here before we both get hit" Jonghyun insisted waiting for you to throw your arms around his neck. You hesitated at first, but also knew it wasn't a good time for second thoughts. You wrapped your arms around his neck and jumped on his back still feeling guilty he was going to have to carry you out of the last bit of the park.

 

MISA'S POV

While Jamie was clinging to Jonghyun like a little monkey, Yonghwa and you made it out of the park and headed to the first best thing you could shelter from the rain that was coming down like a waterfall. It ended up being quite a luxurious hotel that you could not afford to stay, but at least they were dry.  You looked back wondering where Jamie went. You were pretty much convinced she was right behind her. "Oh my god. Where are Jamie and Jonghyun?" you panicked. Yonghwa looked back panting catching his breath. "Weren't they right behind us?" he added looking out of the window to see if he could see anyone familiar looking like your best friend and Jonghyun.  "Oh my god" you freaked out. "This can't be happening. How will they find us now?" "Hey hey hey, it's okay! They are out there somewhere and I am pretty sure your best friend is okay" Yonghwa assured the stressed out you who could cry any minute not knowing what to do next. There was no point in calling Jamie's phone, because with this weather she wouldn't hear it and she was probably still looking for a place to hide from the bad weather outside. "Now how do we get back? We're screwed". "Misa, it's alright. Believe me when I say Jamie is okay. She's with Jonghyun after all and he knows the city too. She's going to be just fine. They both will be alright". You just blinked your eyes while the raindrops were dripping down your face making you sneeze. "You're catching a cold. Let's get you something warm ok?" 'Something warm?' you asked yourself as you were staring at the tall worried looking oppa in front of you. "Stay here, I’ll be right back" Yonghwa assured you while you crossed your arms in front of your chest watching him go to check in at the reception returning with a key. "Come on" and gently grabbed your hand dragging you with him to the fourth floor where he got himself a room where they had clean towels, a shower and 24/7 dry cleaning service. "Yonghwa! I am not sure this is a good idea. What if they won't find us here?" "Look I know you're worried about your friend right now and I get that, but you're not helping her if you don't take care of yourself. You don't want to be sick the rest of your vacation do you?" Yonghwa convinced you while you were just blankly staring at him.

 

"You can take a shower or a bath. Anything you want to do and make sure you get rid of these wet clothes. You will get sick if you keep them on for too long. I will have your clothes dry cleaned in the meantime" he explained trying to make you a little bit more comfortable. You nodded in agreement and went into the hotel room as he handed the key to you so you had the control of it. "Can you at least stay with me then? This weather is scary" you confessed not wanting to be alone and could hardly believe you were making the guy that made you nervous to stay. Yonghwa nodded and followed you into the room closing the door behind him. "Take your time okay?" You were feeling a little miserable being separated from Jamie not knowing where she was. Your parents were going to kill you for it if they were going to find out that you were alone with a guy you hardly know. They will probably never let you leave on your own ever again. Although you knew Yonghwa made his point. At least Jamie wasn't alone and someone who knew Seoul was with her making sure she'd be okay. That much you liked to believe that Jonghyun would. You grabbed a big white bathrobe from the hanger in the closet and disappeared into the bathroom unlocking it after you dropped your skirt and white top on the floor in front of the door for dry cleaning. Yonghwa did the same and took off his jeans and shirt throwing on a robe and let the clothes be picked up for the dry cleaning service. The sooner these were dry and clean, the better.

 

JAMIE'S POV

In the meantime Jonghyun took you into one of the nearest hotels too while the weather only gotten worse, but he was more than happy you made it to somewhere safer than the park. Jonghyun sat you down on a chair in the lobby and kneeled down in front of you removing the hair from the wound on your head. Lucky for you it stopped bleeding. "At least it stopped bleeding" Jonghyun whispered while his eyes were locked with yours. You couldn't help but stare at him. The wet hair and the wet clothes made him so y it was killing you. "I am going to have someone to have a look at it okay?" You just nodded slightly feeling a bit drowsy. Jonghyun returned with one of the receptionists who knew how to apply first aid. At least he could have a look to check it if was serious or if you needed to see a doctor in the hospital. The guy in the navy blue uniform smiled. "It doesn't look quite as bad. It doesn't have to be stitched or anything and the bleeding has stopped too. I will get something to clean it" the man assured you as he was going to get the first aid kit from the reception and started to clean the small wound on your head that still felt quite sore and still hurt. You squeezed your eyes to hold yourself from screaming out the pain. Cleaning such a wound hurts since it burnt like hell. "There you go. All clean. You should be fine" the man in the uniform smiled at you. "But how come I feel so drowsy?" you asked wondering if it was from the hit or just because you were still a bit jetlagged. "I am not sure what you got on your head, but you could feel a little drowsy after that. Just take some rest and you'll be fine". "Do you happen to know if it will clear up outside?" Jonghyun asked looking at the guy to his right. "Well I don't think it will stop raining for the next couple of hours. They say there is a hurricane hanging above the city so I don't think it'll be safe to go out for a while. Don't know where you two are headed?" Jonghyun shook his head. "That's all I wanted to know. Thank you. Do you happen to have some free rooms for one night?" The man nodded and headed back to the reception desk. "You're not the first guests asking for a room last minute. We're having a discount because of the weather and we should be able to offer rooms to people". Jonghyun walked to the reception desk to get a room for just one night and couldn't care less about a discount or not. The weather was bad and it wasn't going to slow down for the next hours. Since he was stuck and wasn't able to head back to the dorm, he had to call the rest of the guys to let them know where he was.

 

As soon as Jonghyun received the key to the room he walked back to the chair you were sitting on and noticed your eyes were closed and wasn't sure if you were sleeping or if you closed them because the wound on your head hurt. He removed a hair from your face admiring your natural beauty and pale skin. "Jamie?!" he whispered while his skin touched yours that made you open your eyes. "Let's get you to somewhere comfortable. You can't sleep here" he whispered carefully pulling you up on your hands, but you were feeling so sleepy you literally fell into his arms. "I'm sorry" you mumbled feeling as if you were drunk instead of drowsy. "It's okay" Jonghyun assured you and helped you into the elevator hitting the button to stop on the sixth floor where the room was. He opened the door and followed you in closing the door behind you switching on a light that was somewhat hurtful to your eyes, you started to squeeze them. "Here" Jonghyun whispered handing one of the white bathrobes to you so you could get rid of the wet clothes you were wearing. "Put this on and I'll have our clothes dry cleaned so they will be dry by tomorrow morning" he assured you giving you one of his warm reassuring smiles. You disappeared into the bathroom to take off your leggings and top and came out again wearing nothing more than just the robe finding Jonghyun wearing his too.

 

You climbed onto the king-size bed pulling the blankets over you. "Thank you" you smiled at Jonghyun who was sitting on the other side of the bed with the remote in his hand to see what the weather forecast would be. You on the other hand, couldn't keep your eyes open any longer. As soon as you made yourself a bit more comfortable on the bed, you closed your eyes slowly drifting off to sleep. Jonghyun looked to his left and noticed you had fallen asleep and pulled the blankets up to your shoulders. Even though the TV was on, he wasn't paying attention to it much and couldn't resist looking at you instead. Lost in thought watching your steady breathing, Jonghyun's phone started beeping. "Hyung? Where the hell are you? We are worried" Key shouted in his ear. "Can you please not shout? Thank you very much! And don't worry about me. I am fine" he assured his worrying friend. "Are you really? Have you seen the weather outside? It's dangerous" Key continued ranting. "Look I am fine, I promise. I managed to get myself a room in a hotel, so I won't be back to the dorm for the next couple of hours. Actually as far as I am concerned, the worst of the storm still has to come" Jonghyun explained looking back at you again. "So you won't see me sooner than tomorrow early in the afternoon somewhere" he added running his fingers through his wet hair. "You're lucky we're having a free schedule tomorrow otherwise I'd be scolding you" Key warned his hyung with a smile in his voice. "Yea well sorry about that. Blame it all on Mother Nature. You will see me tomorrow alright? Good night Kibum!" Jonghyun answered with a giggle and hung up shortly afterwards. He placed his phone on the table/desk in the room and decided to make some tea for himself and sat himself back on the bed skipping through some channels to see what was on the TV.

 

MISA'S POV

Once you were finished with your shower you walked back into the room where you found Yonghwa sitting on the single bed on the left side. "You okay?" Yonghwa asked worried while you were rubbing your arms as if you were cold. You nodded lightly walking to the bed on the right sitting down still wondering where Jamie was. You checked your phone to see if you had any missed calls perhaps but nothing. "I don't understand where she is?" you mumbled doubting if you should try and dial Jamie's number instead. "Do you think she would pick up the phone if I called her?". Yonghwa blinked his eyes not expecting that question. "Think so. You're still worried about her huh?" and rubbed his neck. "Well yea" you bluntly answered. “If only I knew where she was I wouldn't be worried too much right now, but I don't even know where she is. I can't rest my brain not knowing where she is” Yonghwa slid of the bed and sat down on the bed next to you. "Look I know you're worried about your best friend, but I also know Jonghyun a little. I don't think he'd go anywhere if he wasn't sure she'd be okay. He wouldn't leave her alone. Try to call her if it makes you this uneasy. I am pretty sure the two of them found some shelter somewhere because the weather is worse than it was".

 

You sighed slowly moving your eyes from the phone in your hands to Yonghwa sitting next to you and was slightly distracted by the bathrobe cleavage showing some skin before you met with his eyes again. You looked for Jamie's name in your contacts and started dialing her number. It rang quite a few times before someone picked it up. "Misa?" Jonghyun whispered as he picked up the phone for Jamie since she was sleeping and couldn't answer it herself. 'Why is he picking up Jamie's phone?' "Hi, Jonghyun! Can I talk to Jamie? I want to know if she's alright" you asked worried about your best friend. "I..I'm afraid she's sleeping. She fell asleep". You scratched your head wondering what could possibly have happened she had fallen asleep. "Asleep?! How? Is she alright? Where are you guys?" you panicked. "Misa don't worry. We're in a hotel. You want me to tell her to call you when she wakes up?" Jonghyun assured you. "Well that isn't necessary. We're in a hotel too so we're okay as well. Wait what hotel are you guys in?" you asked wanting to know where her friend was staying to ease her mind. Just in case anything else happens. "We're in the Ritz Carlton. Look Misa don't worry okay? When the weather blows over I'll return her in one piece. I'll make sure she's okay" Jonghyun assured you once more. "Whoa? Really? We're in the same hotel! That makes me feel relieved" you sing-songed happy that they didn't end up in different ends of the city. "Look I'll see you guys tomorrow. Just be good to her okay?" Jonghyun chuckled "Don't worry. I'll let Jamie call you first thing in the morning. Sounds good?" You shrugged "Okay! Well goodnight then" and eventually hung up.

 

"They're in the same hotel as us. I am not so worried anymore and somewhat relieved" you sighed looking back at Yonghwa now smiling back at you. "That's good. I told you!" Yonghwa reminded the earlier stressing you. "Thank you by the way" you mumbled looking at Yonghwa still setting next to you. "You've done so much for us already and now this! We'll pay you back" you insisted feeling guilty not wanting to profit from guys in any way. Yonghwa raised his hands shaking his head. "No Misa don't! I am glad I could help you two giving you a ride to town and don't even worry about paying for tonight either. I got it covered. So instead can I make you some tea? Or do you want something to drink from the bar? Or I can call in room service" Yonghwa chuckled with a big smile on his face. You shook your head. "Tea is fine". Just when Yonghwa wanted to get up to boil some water for your free lemon tea that the hotel had to offer, there was a harder thunder than earlier coming from outside. It was that loud as if lightning hit somewhere. "OMG" you screamed like a scared mouse grabbing onto Yonghwa right next to you. "Did it hit somewhere?" "Sounds like it. Are you afraid?" You peered back up meeting with Yonghwa's eyes and noticed you were holding onto him. "Does that make me weird if I am?" "Of course not. I don't like it either, but I am supposed to be the guy here right?" Yonghwa joked. "No it's okay. Nothing's going to happen okay?" Yonghwa assured you rubbing your arms with his hands. You didn't say anything and just nodded. "I am going to make some tea" Yonghwa smiled as he left a small kiss on your temple. 'Ddd...Did he just kiss my forehead?'

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]