TEN

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

When they ended the song, Yonghwa, Jonghyun and Jungshin put down their instruments while Minhyuk stepped away from behind his drums. "You found it?" Yonghwa chuckled as he came off the stage followed by the other three members. "They almost thought we were intruders" you joked. "Really?" Yonghwa smiled first looking at you eventually meeting his eyes with Misa. She couldn't say much and just nodded. "You should have called me then. I gave you my number didn't I?" Yonghwa chuckled locking eyes with Misa. "Yeah why didn't you?" Jamie best friend folding her arms in front of her chest. By the way she was looking back at Jamie, she could tell that Misa just wanted to hide herself on the spot then and there when she got reminded. "It's okay" Yonghwa chuckled putting his hands down on Misa's shoulder. "How about a small tour?" Minhyuk insisted. "Are you guys finished?" Jamie asked wondering if she interrupted them or if they were genuinely finished. "We came in quite early today, so we were wrapping up our sound check and then you came in" Jonghyun smiled at the two of them. "We'll show you around" Minhyuk insisted again taking the lead heading to show them around the stage. "This looks so cool" Misa cheered when she checked out the instruments up close as soon as she was on the stage. "Do you play any instrument?" Yonghwa asked looking at the little less nervous Misa. Misa shook her head. "No I wish I could play though". "Let's pretend that you can play" Yonghwa shrugged turning around taking his guitar out of holder and handed it to Misa. "Try it". Misa's eyes grew big rather looking shocked. Was he serious? 'What if I break something?' she worried inside of her head. "Don't look so serious" Yonghwa giggled showing Misa how to best hold the electric guitar when he pulled the strap over Misa's shoulder. "I really really don't know how to play" Misa mumbled nervous again for the fact that Yonghwa got so close she could feel his breath on her skin and that he was touching her.

 

"It's okay. Loosen up a little" Yonghwa chuckled stepping behind Misa "Now hold this hand right here" he whispered as he placed her fingers on the right strings. "Then hold this" he continued to whisper pushing a plectrum in her hand. "Now carefully strum it". With shaky legs and a body that started boiling from inside out she did as told and managed to make the 'E'. "What I just taught you is the 'E' note" Yonghwa smiled stepping in front of her again. "Now you at least know how to play one note" he smiled as she smiled right back at him liking the excitement of holding the guitar, strumming the strings and being in Yonghwa's presence. She held his guitar for crying out loud. The guitar he will play on tonight. That's something quite huge. Who get to say they played Jung Yonghwa's electric guitar? "This is so cool" Misa chuckled strumming the strings one more time. "I always wanted to play the guitar" she confessed. "I'll be glad to teach you" Yonghwa smiled ily at her releasing all the butterflies to a happy dance in her belly. "I'll show you another one" Yonghwa smirked as he showed Misa the 'A' note. While Yonghwa was keeping Misa occupied, Jamie was kept busy shown around by Jungshin, Jonghyun and Minhyuk. She checked out everything she possibly could. Jamie always had been interested in the music industry and even helped as a runner at several concerts from time to time, but something she always wanted to do, was playing the drums. Jamie checked out the drum set from left to right until Minhyuk startled her. "Noona do you play?" She turned around finding a smiling Minhyuk holding drum sticks in his hands. "Ah, no, I always wanted to" she confessed. "You want to try?" Minhyuk asked tapping on the little stool behind the drums. "Sit and hold these" he insisted passing the drumsticks to Jamie. "Are you sure this is okay?" she asked sitting down hesitantly. Minhyuk gave a clear nod "Try it out" he insisted. Jamie sat down taking the drumsticks and randomly started drumming, but of course, there was no rhythm into it and it rather sounded funny, but she had fun at least trying. Minhyuk was just throwing his thumbs up as if she were doing a good job.

 

Having fun playing around with instruments and shown around in their dressing rooms, the manager informed the band that food was being delivered and that there was plenty of food for both Misa and Jamie too. "Foood!" Minhyuk cheered. "Is he always like that?" Jamie chuckled while Jonghyun just followed her and nodded. "Are you sure it's okay for us to eat with you" Misa asked not wanting to be a burden to the band's manager or them even. "We have plenty of food to feed the whole army. I was kind of hoping you girls would be early enough to join us for dinner" Yonghwa smiled ily at the now blushing Misa. Everyone gathered around a big table all set out with several traditional delicious looking Korean dishes. Everyone was helping themselves taking whatever they were craving for filling their stomachs. As soon as everyone finished their food they decided to relax a little before the band needed to get dressed and styled. They had slushy drinks brought in entertaining themselves with a children's game. A plastic wooden barrel with several holes around and a pirate in the middle. On the table were several colored mini swords that would fit these holes, but the unfortunate one would be unlucky if the pirate would be jumping out of the barrel when the knife cuts the wrong place meaning this person lost. Jungshin set up the game while Yonghwa got pillows for Misa and Jamie to sit down on. It might be summer outside, but the floor was a little cold. Besides that, Misa was wearing a skirt making it even less comfortable to sit down on the ground.

 

"Thank you" Misa smiled as she sat down on the pillow as Yonghwa sat down next to her. "Who starts?" Jonghyun asked. "I think we should go by age. The oldest starts and follow the group clockwise?" Jungshin suggested. "Unni" Misa cheered. Jamie gave everyone a painful expression knowing she were the oldest no matter what. "I am so not good at this" she whined shoving the first fake knife or sword into the barrel, but at least she was safe for now, the pirate didn't jump out of the barrel. Yonghwa on the other hand showed a complete different side pointing at everyone he believed was going to lose. First Jungshin followed by Minhyuk, Jamie, Jonghyun and Yonghwa, because he didn't believe Misa was actually winning it from him. After a bit of fun playing a game to relax the four boys were all called in to prepare themselves for the show that was about to start in an hour. "Good luck with the show you guys, I am looking forward to it. Hwaiting!" Jamie cheered excitedly giving them all thumbs up and a hug. "Enjoy our show" Minhyuk smiled giving you both and Misa a hug before he disappeared in the dressing room. "I am gonna go..." Jamie excused herself leaving Misa with Yonghwa alone for a little bit. Misa was either going to love you or hate it for it, but Jamie saw something blooming today and she did not want to be in the way of that. "Thank you for inviting us here. I had fun" Misa confessed trying her hardest to hide her blushing. Yonghwa smirked taking a few steps closer to the he believed, beautiful looking girl in front of him. "Thank you for coming out to our show tonight" he whispered taking both her hands in his squeezing them a little bit. "I was wondering if I could take you out on a real date. Because I like to get to know you Misa" he confessed locking eyes with hers. Misa blinked her eyes not sure what to say. She didn't expect him to ask her out, but she desperately wanted to know what he would have in mind for a date. Trying to hide she was blushing again she smiled back at his hands that were holding hers "Yes. I'd love to". A big smile appeared on Yonghwa's face. "I'll make sure this will be the best date of your life". He was very confident trying to convince her, but how could she say no to these sparkly eyes? "Good luck with your show" Misa whispered meeting her eyes with his feeling all the butterflies in her tummy dancing the tango. "Enjoy the show" Yonghwa smiled cutely planting a kiss on her cheek before he let go of her hands.

 

With Yonghwa disappearing into the dressing room, Misa couldn't stop smiling but didn't give herself won over so easily. She should at least give him a fair chance to prove himself he's worthy of her right? "Unni" Misa mumbled as she was looking for Jamie in the ladies room. "Someone's glowing" she chuckled drying her hands on paper towels. "Is it that obvious?" Misa whispered holding her hands flat onto her cheeks. "Someone likes you" Jamie best friend taking her into the venue to meet the hundreds of fans that were gathering around the stage fighting for a good spot to see the band as close as possible. Both Jamie and Misa decided to not to get caught in between too much. They did not want to look trashed by the end of the night. They found a good spot not too far from the stage in the last row of the first box where the first 250 fans were standing that was secured off by a barricade to keep everything safe. Leaving enough space and room to breathe for both girls without being trashed. That way they could actually enjoy the concert even more. It was time. After an hour they last saw them the lights went out making the crowd lose their minds knowing their idols will appear on stage any second. While fans were chanting Jamie and Misa were both curious to find out how the show was going to be like and were patiently anticipating. Their first CNBlue concert. Was it going to be any good? Jamie’s expectations were high and she was hoping they could pull it off. The first melodies to 'Feel Good' were echoing through the venue pumping the crowd up even more than they already were and BAM, here they were. On stage. Jungshin, Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Yonghwa treating their fans with musical masterpieces from 'Sorry' to 'Love' from 'Can't Stop' to 'Love Girl' where they mastered it into an acoustic humble version leaving all the girls in the room to swoon and especially one girl in particular, Misa as he couldn't take his eyes of hers. It definitely was a concert Misa was going to cherish and remember for the rest of her life.

 



...a couple of days later...

 

Jamie and Misa could hardly believe that the first eight days were already over and only had twelve more left before going back to their normal, hectic, social life also known as: reality. How did time go so fast? They both didn't know but the more they wanted to enjoy the last twelve days that were left and make every second of it count. Today was an exciting one for the both of them. Yonghwa was going to take Misa out on a romantic first date. So he claims it to be and there is Jonghyun ready to take Jamie out on a real date just the two of them like he promised a few days ago. While Jamie was keeping herself busy writing on her blog on her laptop enjoying a cup of tea, Misa was stressing out and nervous about her very first date with Yonghwa. Misa walked out of the shower wearing a bathrobe and a towel around her head looking a bit lost when she stopped in front of her suitcase."Unni, help me out here. I don't know what to wear" she panicked taking out one pair of pants after the next out of her suitcase as if she was digging for gold and got disappointed not finding any. "Misa, relax. It's going to be just fine" Jamie calmed her best friend sliding of the bed. "Can I help you maybe?" Misa let out a sigh "Maybe, I need to wear something easy and comfortable, at least that's what Yonghwa suggested, but I just don't know what" she sighed once more. Jamie pushed her reading glasses further up her nose. "Do you have leggings of some sort? Any?" Misa blinked her eyes digging into her suitcase. "I have a pair of dark brown ones" she mumbled folding it out in front of her. "Put that one on the bed" Jamie insisted as she dug into her best friend's suitcase looking what else she had hidden and took out an oversized broken white, light shaded checkered blouse and threw it on the bed on top of the leggings and took out a white tank top for under the blouse. "There wear this" Jamie smiled more than happy with the decision. "Try this on and we'll see how it looks and I'll do your hair for free" she convinced Misa pushing her back into the bathroom to at least try on what she put together for her.

 

Misa obeyed and disappeared into the bathroom again wearing the leggings, tank top and oversized blouse Jamie put together.  She gave her thumbs up. "Misa this looks cute" she complimented her outfit but Misa wasn't entirely convinced just yet.  "You can totally pull this outfit off with your ankle boots. You'll be looking so cute. Now come with me" Jamie insisted pulling her onto the bed so she could blow dry her hair and style it. "Do you want it up, or down?" Jamie asked as she cocked her head from behind Misa. "Can you do it up?" Misa asked turning her head to face Jamie. She nodded. "Yea, I can" she assured her with confidence taking out her brush kit and started to create a bun that looked wild and yet playful. She made a few touch ups here and there making it a little messy and finishing it up with a little bit of hairspray so it would last a bit longer. "Done" Jamie cheered. "Misa is definitely ready for her date today" she chuckled to a little bit. "Unni, don't make me nervous for it" Misa smiled nervously and got off the bed to check her hairdo along with her outfit in the mirror. "Unni it really does look good. Thank you!" she cheered giving Jamie a big rewarding hug. "Hey I have studied for it. So glad you like it" Jamie chuckled cleaning up all her tools putting them down on the bedside table next to the bed. "When is he picking you up exactly?" she asked taking a sip from her tea that somewhat was a little cold by now. "He should be here at one. Shoot what time is it?" Misa slightly panicked thinking she was running out of time to do the last things before the big date. Jamie giggled. "Misa relax, you still have at least thirty minutes". Misa sighed sitting down on the bed. "I am anxious where he's taking me. I am so dying to know". "I am pretty sure he will take you to somewhere nice. Why don't you just let the date surprise you eh?" Jamie smiled at Misa trying to make her point.

 

MISA'S POV

You threw your wallet in a different handbag you bought when you and your friend Jamie went on a city tour a couple of days earlier. "I guess I am just too nervous" you then confessed. Jamie shrugged "You think? But you have to tell me everything afterwards okay? I won't take no for an answer". "Right! I'll think about that one. When is Jonghyun picking you up?" you asked wondering if she would spend the night with him again. "Ah he will pick me up around 5. He has a schedule today so he can't make it before that, so I have four more hours" Jamie chuckled. You shrugged. "Okay okay! I think you'll spend the night with him again eh?" Jamie blinked not expecting that answer from her best friend, but you might as well be right. "I am not sure. Maybe, or maybe not" she sing-songed avoiding further details. Right before you could fire more questions at Jamie, there was a knock on the door. "I think you're date is here" she whispered playfully making you nervous all over again. With your heart racing without limitations in your ribcage, you carefully approached the door taking a deep breath before opening it. "Hi" Yonghwa smiled as soon as the door swung open. "Hi" you smiled nervously. "I'll get my purse" you mumbled avoiding his eyes thinking he looked pretty damn good in his casual jeans and T-shirt. Not forget to mention, his hair looked recently trimmed and perfectly groomed. You left the door open while Yonghwa casually greeted Jamie from the door as she just waved back enjoying the torture you were going through. You returned to the door with her purse when Jamie gave you thumbs up to wish you luck on your first real date.

 

"I'm ready" you smiled shyly. "If you're ready I am ready" Yonghwa chuckled. "Oh before I forget, I got you something" he smiled handing you a cute little teddy holding a rose. You blinked her eyes and couldn't believe he showed up with a teddy bear. It was small, yes, but how could he know you collected stuffed animals? Did someone tell him? "I didn't want to come empty handed and roses don't last so I wanted to buy something permanent to remind you of this date" Yonghwa smiled as he tucked his hands in his pockets. You couldn't contain your smile looking at your new little friend trying to hide you were blushing in the first place. "Thank you" you whispered meeting with his eyes again. "I'm pretty sure I won't be able to forget today" you smiled widely. "Are you ready to go out?" Yonghwa smiled charmingly. You nodded "Yeah!" and closed the door behind you after you waved at Jamie one last time. No matter if you somewhat started to get used to being around Yonghwa, he still managed to take you by surprise whenever he took your hand in his. It made you giddy and released all the butterflies tied up in your tummy dancing with joy. You took the elevator to the ground floor where Yonghwa guided you to his car opening the door for you like a real gentleman would. Yonghwa wasn't giving away much of where he was taking you on a date, but made you that more curious when he took the drive up to the highway heading a little outside of Seoul. Was he going to kidnap and never return you? Even though any guy could kidnap a young lady like herself, you didn't believe that he would do such a thing. Yonghwa couldn't stop smiling while his eyes remained focussed on the road ahead peering to his right every now and then to have a look at you while you were studying mr bear squealing in your mind.

 

After driving for about two hours and twenty minutes you arrived in Gangneung where Yonghwa made a stop at what looked like a farm or a ranch. Yonghwa smiled at the confused looking you as he undid his safety belt ready to step out. "We're here". You blinked your eyes not expecting to make a stop on the countryside of Korea. "This is it?" Yonghwa nodded and stepped out of the car closing the door walking around the car to open the passenger door for you. "This is not our end destination, but just take it as a stopover" Yonghwa smiled mysteriously. You decided to leave your new little friend in the car not wanting to lose it on the way and stepped out closing the door behind you wondering what the hell she was doing on a farm. Yonghwa guided you to a small house up the road holding your hand looking around for the owner since he didn't answer the doorbell. Instead you met the farm lady just around corner as if she were expecting you two. "Hello, welcome" she bowed. Out of politeness both you and Yonghwa did the same thanking the lady, although it was still unclear to you what exactly was awaiting you. "You're here to see the horses yes?" Yonghwa nodded with a big smile on his face. "Yes that's correct". "Ah, you're the young man who wanted to take our horses for a ride on the beach?! Come I'll show you the stalls". You were somehow flabbergasted not believing Yonghwa arranged horses to ride. It made you nervous because you’ve never been on one, but you sure always wanted to try. The friendly old farm lady guided both you and Yonghwa into the stalls where the horses were quietly observing the two unknown new guests. "Have you ever ridden before?" the lady asked moving eyes between the two. Yonghwa nodded and you shook your head feeling a bit anxious about it. These horses were looking so big and you weren’t exactly the tallest person existing. "This horse Amado will be a safe horse for you to ride on" the lady smiled at you. "Go on, he doesn't bite" the lady chuckled while you carefully approached the black horse that looked a little smaller than the others, maybe because he was a younger horse? "Hi Amado" you whispered carefully petting the horse while he was sniffing you. "He likes you already" Yonghwa chuckled carefully petting him too. "He's beautiful" you smiled looking at the lady who handed you a brush. "The best way to bond with the horse is to brush them a little. This way you gain their trust. You might want to give it a try?" the friendly lady smiled.

 

You couldn't stop smiling and gladly took this chance to get close to a horse bonding with them. You gently started to brush the horse's back remaining eye contact with the beautiful animal that really seemed to like you. "This is so amazing" you mumbled as you carefully the horse's head. "You like that huh?" you giggled while the horse was slightly nodding agreeing with you. "You're such a pretty boy too" you whispered making eye contact with Amando. "You're pretty too" Yonghwa complimented you as he the horse's head as well turning his face to smile at you. You blinked your eyes trying to move your eyes away from his, but somehow his eyes you right in. Just like a dream catcher would in the bad dreams and leave the good ones to enter. "Thanks for bringing me here" you smiled at the handsome looking young man standing right next to you. "Would you like to make a test ride on him?" the lady asked by the way you connected to your horse.  "Can I?" you asked surprised but tense at the same time. What if you were going to fall off? "I'll prepare him for you" the lady then smiled preparing the horse for a small ride on the green field behind the house. "What if I fall? What if I at riding? I've never done it before" you asked giving Yonghwa standing next to you a worried look. "You won't fall off" he chuckled. "Besides, I think you're a natural" he complimented you. You chuckled "Ghehe, yea right!" and looked back at the horse who was now ready for a walk. You did everything the horse owner told you to do and guided the horse into the big green field. Anxiously you got on the horse with a little help from Yonghwa to help you on it, you slowly and carefully walked small circles on the field upon Yonghwa's instructions as he seemed a little bit more confident with it. "You have done this before haven't you?" you smiled holding onto the reins looking at Yonghwa who looked like a professional to you. Yonghwa nodded "I used to do a lot of horseback riding back in the day, but with our busy schedules it's hard to make time for it and well since I asked you out on a date I saw this as a chance to take you horseback riding" he smiled cutely giving you more reason to smile back at him like no tomorrow. "I am glad you did. I love animals and horses are beautiful animals". "Are you sure you've never been on a horse? You look like a natural to me" Yonghwa chuckled complimenting your riding skills. You shook your head. "Nah, it's my first time. I guess I could take that as a compliment right?"

 

Yonghwa continued to help you walking circles around the field, except this time these were bigger ones and you got a lot more confident riding the horse. "How do you feel horseback riding? Do you think you can take the horse on your own?" Yonghwa asked smiling at you not yet letting go of the horse just yet. "I am not sure" you smiled nervously. "You think I could do it?" you added slowing the pace petting the horse's head. Yonghwa nodded with that y smile of his. "I think you can. You're willing to give it a try?" "But what if I fall off? Or what if the horse runs out of the field with me on it?" you said slightly panicking. "That won't happen" Yonghwa assured you. "I am right here. I'll make sure you won't get hurt. I promise". Something about his words were assuring to you. "Okay". With shaky hands you decided to take the opportunity to ride the horse on your own without the help of Yonghwa, although he didn't leave your side for one second just in case anything would happen. Slowly but steadily you picked up the pace riding the horse all by yourself starting to get the hang of it. Yonghwa smiled from one ear to the other while he was looking at you with his arms folded in front of his chest. "I was right. You are a natural. I can't believe this is your first time". You pulled on the rein making a small curve. "You have no idea how much fun this is" you cheered slowly picking up the pace again. Yonghwa took a few steps forward while you made the horse stop. "Are you confident to take this beauty to the beach?" he asked carefully petting the horse's head while he sniffed on his hand. "The...the beach? I...I am not really sure about that" you smiled nervously.

 

"Give me a second" Yonghwa chuckled as he made a run to the farm owner watching the two of them riding her horse. "Do you need help?" the lady asked with a bright smile. "Actually I was wondering if I could take him out for a ride on the beach" Yonghwa asked with a big smile on his face. "You mean the horse or your girlfriend?" the lady giggled. "Eh the horse" Yonghwa added somewhat embarrassed. "Don't worry" the lady smiled friendly "It's okay, you can take him out to the beach. Just don't forget to return him" she added before she left back to the stalls to feed the other horses. You just stared at Yonghwa wondering whatever he had on his sleeves and got startled out of your day dreaming when he was right in front of you again. "Let's go to the beach" he insisted taking the reins from you. You blinked not believing what he said. So he was serious about horseback riding on the beach? You didn't say anything and got startled once more as soon as he climbed onto the horse too sitting himself right behind you. 'What on earth is he doing?' you questioned inside of your mind while your heart rate increased faster than you could think. Yonghwa leaned a little forward to get a hold of the reins again as his hands brushed against yours. You carefully turned your head nearly meeting with his lips. 'Oh god no!' you screamed in your head looking right in front of you again trying to hide your face from flushing into all possible shades of red. "Let's go horsey" Yonghwa commanded the black beauty guiding the horse towards the beach. No matter how hard the wind was blowing cooler air through your hair, it didn't reduce one bit of how hot you were really feeling. You weren’t necessarily hot because of the warm weather. Your body was glowing because of a certain someone so close to you that you could feel his breath on your hair and you were pretty convinced he could hear your heart pounding loud and clearly. Looking like an enchanted scene coming straight out of a fairytale, Yonghwa and you continued your romantic date sharing one horse earning a ton of glares from random beach visitors and possibly tourists as they were walking around the beach themselves. You don’t get to see horses on the beach every day. You were nervous, very nervous even, but at the same time you couldn't stop smiling. It was hard to go a faster pace since you didn't have the confidence just yet to take the horse on your own.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]