TWENTY-SIX

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

MISA’S POV

“Done” Yonghwa smiled happily he made the first move on gathering everyone for his little trip out in the next days. “Are you sure the other guys will be up for it?” you asked wondering if they didn’t have other plans than tagging along with the two of you. Yonghwa raised his shoulders “Why not? As far as I am concerned they don’t have other plans for going out. It will be fun whether they are tagging along or not. This will be a trip out you will remember. I’ll make sure you won’t forget”. You chuckled at his convincing speech. “Okay, let’s say everyone says yes. What are your plans? Camping or hiking or?” you asked more curious than you were before. “I think camping will be fun don’t you think? Or if anyone isn’t comfortable with tents we could hire camping vans or something. If the weather will be like this, that would be a better idea. But we can always discuss what everyone wants” Yonghwa started rubbing his knees. “We could rent campers big enough that will fit all of us, they will probably have bunk beds or something. Or we can rent two depending with how many we will end up going. Then for the fun of it we can bring tents along and have a little camp when we know Mother Nature won’t try to drown us with her tears. This way anyone can decide to either sleep in the camper or a tent. Everyone’s preference I guess?”  You nodded liking his suggestions. “I guess it’s a good idea. I am getting excited already and we don’t even know for sure if anyone else likes the idea” you nearly squealed but managed to contain yourself. “Tomorrow we will somewhat know who’s in and who’s not. Can you wait until then?” Yonghwa joked teasing you. “Ah that will be hard, but I guess I have no choice do I?” you smiled making yourself comfortable on the bed again.

 

Just when you thought you were comfortable watching this silly cartoon on the TV, the lightning made the lights in the room flicker as if someone or something was spooking around. “Oh crap” you murmured trying hard not to show how scared you really were, but Yonghwa wasn’t a fool and knew very well you were. Guess your face was giving it all away? In only a matter of seconds after the lights in the room flickered, another heavy drumroll from the skies startled you. What to do with yourself? Debating to join Yonghwa on the bed or not, you decided to put your pride aside and go for it no matter how nervous it was making you to be on one bed with the guy you liked. “I’m so not enjoying this” you mumbled softly as you slid of the bed hesitating to put your thoughts into action. Before you could make up your mind Yonghwa was already tapping on the empty space next to him inviting you to sit next to him. “You don’t have to be embarrassed. It’s okay. I understand. If it makes you feel better…” Yonghwa said giving you that softening soothing smile convincing you it really was ok. Hesitant you sat down on the bed with him and carefully leaned against the headboard. “I’m scared of thunder too you know” Yonghwa confessed as he looked over to his right at you. “Really?” you whispered meeting your eyes with his. “Really” Yonghwa nodded taking your hand in his and carefully it. “There’s a reason it scares people. It’s dangerous. But I’m convinced we’ll be okay. You don’t have to worry” he whispered while you squeezed his hands a little and focussed back on the TV. Normally you really wouldn’t do any of this, but it seems that Mother Nature has her funny ways to tell you to throw your habits overboard and loosen up a little. Lost in TV trying to forget about the storm raging outside, it wasn’t long before you were finding yourself fighting to stay awake and eventually lost it dropping your head onto Yonghwa’s shoulder who was sitting next to you. Not only did you fall asleep, he did too.

 

JAMIE’S POV

Once you were finished brushing your hair you joined Jonghyun in the kitchen where he was putting down the bowls of rice, vegetables and soup on the table. “It looks good” you smiled sitting yourself down at the kitchen table practically sitting down next to him. “I hope it tastes as good as it looks” he teased you while you made yourself comfortable. “How bad can it be?” you chuckled picking up the spoon ready to taste the soup. “Hmh, it’s good”. Jonghyun smiled looking at you taking another spoonful. “I’m glad you like it. Credits to my mom. It’s her recipe” he confessed picking up his chopsticks. “Oh? Well then your mom must be a really good cook. It’s delicious” you smiled putting the spoon down. “And you, just secretly happen to be a good cook too” and leaned a little to the side. “I have found myself a man who can cook” you sing-songed planting a kiss in his cheek. “I am not really good with cooking that much but I am okay when it comes to pastas”. “You can make us some lasagna then” your boyfriend smiled feeding himself with a little bit more rice and vegetables. "I could do that. All you have to do is ask" you replied planting a kiss on his lips this time. After you finished your dinner you sure were full and you were praying it would stay in this time and not leave your stomach again the next morning or this very same evening for that matter. You picked up the dirty bowls and started putting them away in the dishwasher. As soon as you returned to the table Jonghyun pulled you onto his lap wrapping his arms tightly around you. “I’m such a lucky guy you know that?” You shrugged wondering what all of this was for while he surprised you with a kiss on your cheek first followed by a second one on your lips. “Is everything okay?” you chuckled wondering what he had up his sleeves. "Nothing" Jonghyun smiled ily staring into your eyes surprising you by kissing the tip of your nose. "I was thinking of introducing you to my parents sometime soon" Jonghyun suggested as he kept his eyes fixed on yours while you were playing with his hair. You really wanted to meet his parents, but somehow you were terrified of being judged. Terrified to be blamed for the situation Jonghyun and yourself were in right now. "Don't you think it's too soon?" you whispered as you continued to play with your boyfriend's hair. "Babe, you don't have to lie to me. I know you're terrified and honestly I am too. I am probably going to get scolded and yelled at like I have never been in my life. This is on your mind right?" Jonghyun whispered while your eyes moved back meeting his. "I'd love to meet your parents. Don't get me wrong there. It's just that...I don't know how your parents will accept me, if they will. I'm still four years older than you are. We met only three weeks ago and I am having your baby. We'll be giving them a ton of reasons to be worried and a ton of reasons why they wouldn't agree on us being together. God knows what they will think of me. It's scary" you confessed as you his handsome perfect face.

 

"Jamie, as much as I love my parents, they don't decide for me what I should do with my life. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for them, but they also must accept my feelings and that means accepting you. They might be shocked, yes. They might have their opinion at first because they don't know you, yes, but there is no way my parents will decide for me who I should give my heart to. My dad's a tough guy. He might not like it at all and might convince me of choices I don't even want to consider. But my mom, if one understands it's her and Sodam noona. My mom always told me that it didn't matter whom I loved as long as I'm happy. That's what I am. They will be surprised, yes. But I know my mom and there is no way she will dislike you or give you the feeling you're not welcome. I think she will like you. The only thing she might talk me into is marriage for the sake of the baby. That's just how it works in our culture. And that, I don't see as a curse either but rather a blessing. Look at everything that has been happening. It must mean something because if it didn't you wouldn't be sitting here with me on my lap and I wouldn't be looking at the most beautiful woman I have ever met" Jonghyun convinced you pulling you tighter into his embrace. You couldn't control your smiling. Everything he said definitely made you feel better. "Why do you have to be so darn irresistible" you whispered resting your hands on his manly shoulders leaning in to kiss your other half. "In that case, when I'm so irresistible..." Jonghyun started as he rose from the chair holding you cradled in his arms ready to head for the bedroom. "...let's see if you can say no to this" he smirked teasing you with little kisses all over your face. Just when he was about to switch the light off in the kitchen, his mobile went off. "Wow. It's all about timing" he sighed sounding a little annoyed. He got it that he was missed by some people and that they were all dying to talk to him this minute, this second, but he meant this evening to be dedicated to you. Carefully Jonghyun put you back down on the ground. "Go pick it up" you whispered correcting your silky night dress. "I'll wait for you in the bedroom" you whispered in his ear planting a small kiss on the corner of lips. It probably was important because these people wouldn't stop calling whoever it was.

While you disappeared in the bedroom making yourself comfortable in bed with a book and your reading glasses on, your boyfriend took the call. "Manager!" Jonghyun mumbled not too jolly to be interrupted by one whom he has seen only a few hours ago. "What can I do for you?" and leaned against the counter in the kitchen. "I need you to come to the office. Right now!" the manager nearly screamed in his ear sounding a little bit agitated. "Whoa, calm down? What is so urgent that I need to be called into the office at this hour?" Jonghyun asked sounding somewhat surprised. "Don't play that card on me right now Kim Jonghyun-ah. I guess there is something you have to tell me? Spare me the conversation right now. I expect you in my office in half an hour" the manager continued to rant in an angry tone. "Wait a minute! I can't just leave right now. I have a girlfriend to take care of". "Right" manager cut him off "She's a big girl and I'm sure she can take care of herself for an hour or so. No excuses. You'll be in much bigger trouble if you decide not to show up. Don't make me wait" manager added before he hung up. "What the..." Jonghyun murmured staring at his phone. What on earth did he get himself into by pissing off the manager this much. Whatever it was, he sounded serious, but he was not at ease to leave you on your own despite of little Roo being in the house. Agitated Jonghyun joined you in the bedroom and found you reading. You glanced over at the door when you noticed your boyfriend standing quietly in the doorpost. "Is everything okay?" you asked putting your book down while Jonghyun made his way to your bedside. "It was manager. He's pissed over god knows what he won't tell me and demands me in the office in thirty minutes" and sat down on the bed. You blinked your eyes giving your boyfriend a confused look "Okay, well then I guess it's urgent? You should go!" you insisted followed by a little smile. Jonghyun shook his head "Baby are you sure you will be okay? I don't like to leave you alone. Again". "Babe, I'm not alone. Roo is here with me. I'll be okay. You should go before your manager really gets beyond pissed". Jonghyun chuckled "Yea I guess he already passed that boiling point" and leaned in kissing your lips. "I'll leave my phone on regardless what the manager says. If anything happens, you call me and I'll be right here okay?" You nodded "Don't worry. I know those words sound lousy right now because you will worry no matter what, but just go and deal with your manager and come back to me huh?" I'll be back in an hour or so okay?" Jonghyun assured you giving you another kiss before he quickly threw on something more decent. He didn't care about his hairdo and pulled one of his caps over his head. "Be careful okay?" you shouted after him after he blew you a butterfly kiss. Here you were, by yourself while Mother Nature was going nuts by herself. It was rather a good thing that you were feeling better than earlier today, otherwise you could have been in trouble for a second time you just realised. You put the book away and decided to keep little Roo some company and sat yourself down in the leather chair after you made yourself some hot chocolate first. You were craving for it somehow.

 

While you were all by yourself in the house, Jonghyun managed to arrive at his manager's office a little later than he expected, but the weather outside was a little dangerous he had to watch his speed more than usual. As always fans were outside of the building lined up hoping to catch a glimpse whoever would be coming in or out the SM Entertainment building. Jonghyun often wondered if they, mostly and usually girls, would ever go home to eat and sleep. Despite of the crappy weather these fans remained smiling holding up umbrellas to keep them somewhat dry. Despite of him being in a hurry, he gave those few waiting a smile and a wave before he disappeared entirely. "Oppa look so tired" one of the fans exclaimed in agreement of everyone else who was there with her. In a hurry Jonghyun knocked on the door of his manager's office as soon as he reached the third floor of the big complex. Agitated and annoyed the manager opened the door inviting Jonghyun in. "Take a seat so we can have a chat shall we?" and closed the door behind them. "What was so urgent you needed to see me just now" Jonghyun started as he took off his jacket and sat down. "You seemed a little..." "Furious?" manager cut him off again not making the effort to sit down behind his desk but sat himself down on the table instead. "To say the least I am furious. What are you thinking? Do you have any idea what this will do to your career and the rest of the band?" Jonghyun shook his head raising his head "I don't want to interrupt, but can you eat least tell me what we are talking about here?" Manager pushed his glass further up his nose "Don't act as if your nose is bleeding. You very well know what I am talking about. First that girl of yours or was it girlfriend now? And now I hear people talking that she's pregnant and the child is yours. Is this true?" he confronted Jonghyun raising his voice. "Who told you this? I really wonder who did". "That's not question whom I've heard this from. The question is, is it true? Tell me that those who told me are lying?" manager continued. "There is no point for me on denying it is it?" Jonghyun confessed biting his lip. "You gotta be kidding me? How long exactly have you been knowing this woman? For all I know she knocked herself up on purpose. Are you stupid?" manager verbally harassed him.

 

"Whoa whoa whoa" Jonghyun interrupted the conversation rising back to his feet. "I don't care what people think of Jamie and I, but I will not sit here and listen to all these accusations and be told stupid. It takes two to make a child and believe it or not, I was very well aware of the act and very much involved myself. Further explanation isn't necessary, because some people already made up their minds of how it must have happened". Manager nearly laughed in amusement but it ended up being sarcastically "Do you have any idea how much this baby will damage your career? Damage your whole image as an idol? It will not only destroy yours, but also of those other four that happened to be your bandmates. What about them? I thought you were responsible enough, but I guess you’re not. Your acts have serious consequences as of now". "Are you threatening me right now? If you are than I rather want you to be upfront with me because I'm not going to play games" Jonghyun added giving his manager an annoyed look. "What do you plan on doing? You're going to raise this child?" "Of course I am! What did you expect me to do? This is my child and I'll take my responsibility for it. Oh wait, you just told me I wasn't the responsible kind of guy. Were you seriously considering I would abandon this baby? And Jamie? Or ask her for abortion?" he chuckled "You're funny. Let me tell you one thing. Don't interfere with my life. The less it will interfere the job that I am doing. Everything I do in my private time is private". Manager blinked his eyes while he had his arms crossed in front of his chest "Except you forget one thing. This is not something you will be able to hide from the world. You're an idol. The world soon will see that she is showing and start to ask questions about it. How do you think it will be for her? We're talking about traditions being broken. We're talking about a scandal in Asian terms". Manager made his point. That's what it would turn out to be if the world was going to find out about the pregnancy right now. He was very well aware of that and this was exactly one of the reasons why he wanted to marry you. Not only because he loves you, but more than anything he wants to protect you. "I got it and I thought about this. I've been thinking of proposing ever since I've been in Brazil". "Jonghyun, you're talking long life commitment here. What if she's not the woman for you? What if she only wants your money? This would be a career suicide". Jonghyun chuckled just for the fact how small minded people like his manager were. "I love her and I don't care what the rest of the world thinks of her. There's only one person whose opinion I take serious. That's my mom's. Don't even go there. Don't judge people you don't know and never met" he warned his manager ready to leave the office again.

 

"If you think that's the way to go, I will not stop you. But I have to warn you. If all of this comes with bad media attention, small or big. I might have to ask you to leave the band. I will not let your actions ruin the band's reputation" manager added finally. Jonghyun threw on his jacket and corrected his cap throwing his hands in the air. "You know what? I don't care if you throw me out of the band. Nothing you will do will make me change my mind about my decisions. Just let me know if you are serious or not so I can get myself a lawyer. Now if you will excuse me, it's my couple of days off and my girlfriend needs me. I'll see you again in five days" he added before he left the office. Manager just stood there slamming an angry fist onto his desk wondering what on earth made you so special he was willing to lose it all. He had to think of something better to keep SHINee together. In a rush Jonghyun left the building not paying attention to the fans this time and got into his vehicle as soon as he reached it. Was manager out of his mind? It made his blood boil with anger. Was he serious of considering tthrowing him out of the band? Jonghyun didn't want to think about it and instead wanted to go home back to you as soon as he could, of course driving safely to make sure he would come home to you again in one piece. As soon as he reached the SHINee dorm and parked his car he walked into the living room finding you asleep in the leather chair with Roo cozily asleep in your lap too. He couldn't help but smile at the sight of it and forgot everything that happened with his manager. For now at least. Roo rose her head as soon as Jonghyun approached the chair ready to move the fluffy little baby to her own bed before he could carry you to bed. "You've been keeping an eye on Jamie for me huh?" he whispered with a smile in his voice kissing the fluffy head. All he got from Roo was a set of sad eyes that she had to move elsewhere to make herself comfortable again. Carefully he took off your reading glasses and put them on the table before he bridal carried you to the bedroom once he switched the lights off. "I'm sorry baby cakes" Jonghyun whispered as he laid you down on the bed pulling the blankets over your body to cover you and stepped in as well. He couldn't sleep just yet but was happy enough to be looking at you while you did before he noticed Yonghwa's text message on his phone he didn't see until now. 'Are you guys up to a road trip with Misa and I and the other three crazies? Let us know! Good night! Yonghwa'. Jonghyun chuckled and decided to reply. 'Sounds like fun. Let's talk over coffee tomorrow morning. See you guys around ten at Starbucks. Good night, J&J'.

 

MISA’S POV

The next morning you opened your eyes you remembered to have slept like a little baby. In only a matter of seconds you realized you had fallen asleep with Yonghwa on one bed. In his arms for crying out loud. How did this happen. You carefully looked up at the most handsome guy you knew to only find out that he was wide awake now looking back at you. "Good morning sleeping beauty" Yonghwa whispered with a never ending smile plastered on his face. You groggily straighten yourself scratching your head scanning the room around you. For a second you thought you fell asleep somewhere else other than the room you shared with Jamie before and looked back at Yonghwa. "How did..." you mumbled searching for the right thing to say "Did we...you know...do anything?" you asked shamelessly. You felt somewhat different that you weren't sure if anything happened you were not entirely aware of. Yonghwa chuckled "Of course not. What kind of guy do you see me as? I have my respect. No worries. We just got a little cozy. That's all" and planted a small kiss on your lips leaving you a little stunned while he slid off the bed. "How about we get ourselves ready? Jonghyun texted me to meet with us at Starbucks around ten" and ran his fingers through his hair that was still looking the same as how he left it when he showered last night. "But Jamie unni can't drink cof..." you blurted out swallowing the rest of the sentence. You were not supposed to say that. Darn it! Stupid me! I usually easily forget things and now I clumsily just let something roll off my tongue. "What are you talking about?" Yonghwa asked giving you a confused look as you jumped off the bed as well. "Oh nothing" you cheered and dived into your suitcase. "Uhuh" Yonghwa smiled giving you a suspicious look. "Jamie can't drink coffee unless she's pre..." he started but was cut off by you as held your hand on his mouth "Hush" you whispered "Don't tell this to anyone please. Unni will kill me" you confessed looking pained. "She's not really pregnant. Right?" he whispered thinking back on everything that happened while he was present. Jamie leaving a couple of times to the bathroom randomly as well as everything that happened yesterday. "Wow...that is..." he added searching for words he couldn't find "Whatever you do, don't tell anyone else please. No one can know about this. It's already difficult for unni as it is and it won't be of any help if the world knows. They will know sooner or later, but I want them to be able to tell it to everyone themselves" you begged the handsome looking Jung standing in front of you. "I won't tell anyone" he promised as he grabbed something clean to wear. "I just pretend I didn't hear ok?" You nodded. "Thank you".

 

You quickly grabbed something cute yet comfortable to wear for today to meet your two amigo's at Starbucks and disappeared into the bathroom since Yonghwa gestured you to go first. As soon as you locked the door you put your clean clothes away and let out a heavy sigh taking a glimpse in the mirror. 'How could I be so clumsy to say something I shouldn't be saying to certain people out loud?' and took your hair out of the braid stepping under the warm running water. After a minute or fifteen you were entirely dressed and clean walking back into the room finding Yonghwa on his stomach on the bed skipping through some channels. "You can go. It's free!" you smiled putting your pj's back down on the bed drying your hair on the towel. "Got it" Yonghwa sing-songed sliding off the bed grabbing his clothes but somehow was captivated by the way your skin was sparkling in the morning sun that was now shining light into the room. You noticed he was looking. "What's up?" "Nothing" Yonghwa smiled awkwardly y and disappeared into the bathroom for a quick refresh. While you were doing your hair making yourself presentable to your friends, Yonghwa walked back in looking handsome with his shiny black wet hair, black pants and baby blue shirt with his sleeves rolled up. Slightly distracted by the figure in the corner of your eye you couldn't resist to drop a quick glance at Yonghwa until he turned around nearly catching you doing so. Like you weren't watching at all, you finished your hair like nothing ever happened. "What time is it? I'm starting to become a tiny bit hungry right now" you confessed applying some balm on your lips. "It's twelve before ten. We should go I guess. If you're ready that is of course" Yonghwa smiled ily. "Is it far from here? It's not right?" you asked grabbing your handbag ready to leave. Yonghwa shook his head. "No we'll be there in like less than ten minutes by car. Unless you want to walk this big street? In that case we will be running late" he chuckled putting his hand on the handle of the door. "Yea let's not be late. I thought the weather is looking good today we could walk, but I guess it's too far by foot" you smiled while Yonghwa held the door for you. "It's not too far, but we don't want to be late and keep them waiting. We can go for a walk in the park after we head our coffees or teas. No?" Yonghwa suggested as he left the room right behind you closing the door shut. "Gheh. Yea! Like last time" you chuckled reminding Mr. Jung of that little incident on one of the first nights in Seoul. "Hey, today is different. There are no clouds. Perfect for a little walk" Yonghwa convinced you and sneakily took your hand in his once you stepped into the elevator.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]