TWENTY

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

Jamie quickly grabbed her bag and rushed out of the bus. Hurriedly she bowed to the bus driver thanking him for giving her time to get out and swung her bag over her shoulder. “You'll manage without me?” Jonghyun asked with that worried voice of his. What is it that made him so worried? “What am I supposed to do? Ask you to jump on the plane again and come back? I guess this is what I need to get used to being a part of your life. Besides, we both have busy schedule professions, this can get really hard, and that’s what I know. But if that's what it takes to be with you I guess we both have to take it” Jamie reminded Jonghyun as she noticed a smiling Misa already waiting for her. “We'll talk about this when I get back okay?” Jonghyun insisted correcting the pillow under his head. “Okay! But will you please go to sleep now” Jamie chuckled feeling guilty for keeping him up while he is fighting his sleep. “I will. Take care of yourself okay? Make sure you eat! I'll call you again tomorrow night your time” he assured Jamie once more. “Forever worried for no reason, but I will. Good night” she whispered as she walked towards her best friend. “Good night baby. I love you” Jonghyun whispered realizing how much he missed being with Jamie and it had only been twenty-four hours. “I love you too” she smiled before she hung up.

 

“Jonghyun?” Misa chuckled by the look on Jamie’s face. She nodded. “Yea he arrived in Rio finally. It's been nerve wracking all these hours. Why do they have to travel so far away?” she sighed. “Unni, you miss him and you're worried” Misa addressed and she was pretty darn right about that. Jamie placed her hand on her forehand letting out another sigh. “I guess so. Gosh I really at long distance relationships. The last one I had didn't end so well” she confessed. Misa smiled “You two will have to find a way to be together cause I don't think he is going to let you stay by yourself during your pregnancy” Misa convinced Jamie. “You think?” she asked not sure whether to believe her or not. What if this is all too good to be true? “Trust me” Misa assured Jamie once more. “You're hungry?” she asked while Jamie was rubbing her tummy. She simply nodded. “This time I am hungry like a tiger” and headed back to the bus stop with Misa waiting for the next best bus to come pick them up. Thankfully that wasn't a long wait and as soon as the two were comfortable in the bus they already had to get out. The two of them headed into a small Korean restaurant to order some food and something to drink with it and sat themselves down. “How was it? The tour through the uni and everything. I want to hear all of it” Jamie smiled while the waitress served their drinks and put the glasses of iced tea in front of Jamie. They both thanked the lady before she walked away from their table again to serve the next customer.

 

“It was so cool” Misa started smiling like no tomorrow. By that Jamie could tell she really meant it and knew she had the time of her life even if Jamie herself wasn’t there to enjoy it with her. “These teachers are so nice and the Uni looks amazing. Seriously”. “So what did you do all day? You did get to see the Uni a little right?” Jamie asked sipping her iced tea. Misa nodded “Mhm, we had a small tour and even saw the campus. It looks so neat and the foods that they serve and have available, gosh, it's so much better than I expected. I am even more excited to come here now. I really hope I get in. I would be the happiest girl in the world” she cheered in happiness. “Ah, of course they will accept you. What is there not to accept? They'll be idiots if they don't accept you in and they'll be missing out on a dedicated student” Jamie convinced her friend sitting across from her whose smile grew even bigger. “Unni do you know how many students apply? It's all about being lucky and wishing upon a star to get in” Misa reminded her bestie. Jamie nodded “I guess, but they will regret it they don't let you in. They must and I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you will get in”. Misa nodded “Thank you unni. We'll have to wait and see where this goes. Unfortunately nobody will know just yet” she sighed shortly afterwards. “When will they let you know?” Jamie asked in curiosity because she wanted to support her and ask her when that time would come. “They said they will get in touch within the next two weeks despite if you're being accepted or rejected” Misa added as she took a big sip from her drink. “It will be alright. You will get accepted” Jamie smiled with confidence. “Besides, how good would that be to be living this close to Yonghwa. You could see each other every other day if not every day” she chuckled playing with her straw. Misa chuckled “Unni, I don't know. Maybe he will forget all about me as soon as I leave. God knows!”

 

Jamie nearly choked on her drink. “No Misa, no! The way he looks at you, how will he forget about you? I think he will flood you with endless texts on how much he misses you and whatnot”. “Even if he is, what if my parents don't approve? You can take home whoever you want, it doesn't work that way in our culture. My parents are modern but they also still have their beliefs and values that they should approve the guy before it gets serious” Misa explained while the food was served. They couldn't wait to attack their big bowl of ramen. “Gawd, the smell already makes me hungry” Jamie exclaimed while she grabbed her chopsticks and started to feed herself. “Have you talked to him about it?” Misa shook her head grabbing her chopsticks “No. How am I supposed to fall into a serious conversation with him if I am not even sure if we are dating or what this thing is between us?”. “This thing?” Jamie repeated holding her hand in front of swallowing the kimchi. “Misa dear, it's is not just a thing between you two. You both and I know it. You both take your time getting to know each other and that's good, but even a blind woman can tell there is something between you two. Do you want me to spell it out for you? He likes you. He really does” she assured the doubtful Misa. “Either way, it's impossible for my parents to approve if he never sets foot in India” Misa continued finding another excuse to think she and Yonghwa are doomed to fail. “Didn't they say they will tour India soon? I guess you could take that as inside info”. “How can they possibly be touring so soon? They are hardly known here, plus I haven't heard about them playing any upcoming events. Unless it's really short notice” Misa continued.

 

“And I thought I was stubborn” Jamie shrugged. “Come on Misa! He will be there before you know it and he will be approved by your mom. Don't worry about it. I think he respects tradition as much as your parents and you do. It's going to be just fine. Just invite me to your wedding. I don't care where I have to be coming from” Jamie joked feeding herself with some more noodles. Misa chuckled “Unni, I think you'll be married way before I do and sooner than you even might think” she reminded Jamie. “Maybe...I don't know” Jamie mumbled taking a sip from her iced tea. “Well I do know. I can guarantee you Jonghyun will have you married to him within the next three months. If he takes his responsibility seriously that is, which I think he will be, he will propose to you very soon. Would you marry him if he asked you to?” Misa asked giving Jamie a straight face. Jamie raised her shoulders. “I don't know. Everything is happening so fast right now I can't get my head around it. This pregnancy scares me more than anything else in the world right now and for him to feel the obligation to marry me because of it, scares me too. I don't want him to be forced to be tied to me for the rest of his life” she explained. “I am afraid it's a little too late for that unni. You two are having a baby. You are tied to one another for the rest of your lives whether you two get married or not. But Jonghyun seems to be that kind of guy who will insist on it to protect you and his child. You should keep this in the back of your mind. He is very open minded and not minding much maybe that he will have a child already, but he still is Korean and Asians take it seriously when a woman gets pregnant” Misa reminded Jamie. “I guess so. I just never realized all of this. God I'd feel so bad though.” she confessed playing with her chopsticks. “Unni don't worry. He loves you. I can tell!” Jamie sighed. “I know he does. It's weird even if we just met but I just feel that somehow this is it. He is it. You think I'm crazy right? I mean how can you tell after two and half weeks?” Misa shrugged a little amused. “You're not crazy. If that’s what it feels to you why ignore it? There must be reason you feel the way you do. You give me all this advice and you won't even listen to your own” and shook her head. Jamie chuckled knowing Misa was right. She often gave advice to everyone she knew, but always did the opposite herself just because she was insecure sometimes and not always like to believe everything she was told. Just when Misa took another bite from her food, her phone started vibrating. She smiled like a crazy person when she saw she received a text message from Yonghwa: 'Will pick you up at 2 tomorrow, is that okay? I can't wait to see you again, because I must admit, I miss you! Enjoy your evening, eat well! See you tomorrow xx'

 

“Wow someone is smiling” Jamie chuckled finishing her bowl of rice looking at her best friend who was showing off her endless smiling tucking her phone away again. “Is it obvious?” Misa shrugged taking a sip from her cold beverage. “Obvious? You should see your face right now” Jamie smiled in amusement. “I think it is that obvious” Misa confirmed the obvious. “But why does he have be so damned cute though?” she sighed hoping her bestie had an answer to that. “Just cute? You find him more than just cute. Admit it. You think he's handsome too” Jamie sing-songed slightly teasing her friend. Misa nodded “Yea that too and he's so sweet as well. Gosh what is he doing with me? All I can think of is him” she confessed putting her chopsticks down. “I got one word for you” she sing-songed taking a sip from her water. “It's what they call, Love. That is love for ya”. “I guess I will miss him when we have to leave” Misa friend sighed no longer hungry at the thought of it. “You both will work it out like I and Jonghyun will” Jamie assured her friend. “But you and Jonghyun have shared so much already”. Jamie blinked her eyes “Misa, that doesn't make it less real what you have with Yonghwa. This summer has been surprising for both of us. At first I thought all of this was random, but I am starting to believe it's not random at all. Maybe you were supposed to meet Yonghwa so he will keep an eye on you when you get accepted to the uni here. You'll be away from your family for a while and now you have made some friends too, so you will be less lonely” she convinced Misa who was looking at her unni with big eyes.

 

“Maybe. You think?” she whispered looking at Jamie in disbelief. She nodded “This holiday has been the most random one in my life. I don't know how else to explain it. I guess we were supposed to come here for some strange reason. Look at us. We have made some new friends, nice ones and even found love” Jamie forced a smile but deep down inside she was afraid of being alone and leaving the one she felt so much for that could not be expressed in words. She sure missed him right now and she had no idea how she was going to handle another long distance relationship. She would have to miss him for weeks if not months. “You're right” Misa smiled but knew Jamie was forcing herself to smile but decided not to ask. “Let's pay and go back to our hotel. It's getting late and we have a long day ahead” Misa insisted trying to avoid awkwardness. Jamie and Misa both got up and thanked the lady for the delicious food after paying for it leaving a small tip for the good care and service. They definitely wanted to come back here before they were going back to their normal life. It took a little waiting for the bus they had to take back to the city to arrive, but the happier the both of them were once they were on it and were relieved as soon as they were back in the hotel where they could take their shower and get comfortable in front of the TV.

 

“Unni, are you alright?” Misa asked sounding a little worried drying her hair on the towel. Jamie forced a smile not wanting to think of how much she really missed her boyfriend and how sad it made her feel she would only have two days with him when he gets back. At least one day passed, only four more to go before he gets back. How bad is that? “I'm alright...I guess. I just...” Jamie sighed staring in front of her. “You miss him, I know” Misa whispered finishing the sentence for her. You don't have to pretend to be okay or to lie to me even. I understand. But look at it this way, he'll be back in what? Four days? These days will be over before you know it. Tomorrow we have the concert and that already is a day less and another day over soon right?” Jamie nodded “You're right, but I am just...I don't know. Maybe I just need some sleep” she mumbled finding some excuse not to talk about her feelings right now. Nonetheless, she sure couldn't wait for the concert tomorrow. “Unni, you know what? Let's go to sleep, the sooner it will be a new day. A full day of fun” Jamie gave her friend a sincere smile this time and nodded “Beauty sleep it is. I really can't wait for tomorrow”. “Tomorrow will be fun no matter what” Misa cheered walking back into the bathroom to get rid of her towel and to finish drying her hair with a blow-dryer. Once Misa walked back in the room Jamie was already comfortable with her eyes closed. Misa couldn't tell if she were really asleep or not, but she decided not say anything and switched the TV off after she turned off the lights and went to sleep too.

 



....the next morning...

 

The next morning Jamie was awaken by Misa's loud alarm that went off. She wasn’t sure if she had slept enough or not, but she felt as if she didn't. Jamie decided to turn around one more time hugging the stuffed animal Jonghyun gave her while Misa groggily stepped out of bed scratching her head. As sleepy as she still seemed to be she took a look at the clock on her phone already showing 12:32. How come was it so late? The alarm was supposed to be set for 9:30. They really overslept, a whole lot. “...” Misa quietly cursed as she rushed to her suitcase to grab clean underwear and the clothes she was going to wear. “Unni....unni?!” Misa continued to whisper as she was waking Jamie up. “We really, really have to get ourselves ready. It's 12:30 already and Yonghwa will be here in an hour” she exclaimed. Jamie opened her eyes repeating what her friend just said in her mind and sat up straight pulling down the covers. “What?...there must be some mistake?” she whispered not really able to believe they have slept this long. It's so not human. Jamie grabbed her phone and indeed her dear friend was right. “Oh god...how on earth did we sleep this long?” Misa shook her head “I think we both were really tired? I don't know. I thought I had set the alarm at 9:30. That's like four hours too late. Oh no!” she panicked rushing into the bathroom locking herself not giving Jamie a chance to go before her. Jamie shrugged it off rubbing her face knowing she was the one who needed to look good and pretty today. She was going to see her crush after all. Jamie slid off the bed pulling out a pair of jeans and a tank top along with some underwear waiting for her turn as you she checking her phone and found some unread messages from her boyfriend on her KakaoTalk:

 

Jong: This is how lonely it is when you're not with me

Jong: (photo sent: selfie of him in the bed showing how much room he has in his bed making a sad face)

Jong: I miss you :* :* :*

Jong: talk to you tonight

Jong: <3 you

 

Jamie smiled like a crazy person not able to resist to send him a reply for him to read when he wakes up:

 

Jaimee: I miss you more though

Jaimee: (photo sent: selfie of herself making a sad face)

Jaimee: Four more days and I'll see you again :* :* I can't wait

Jaimee: Take care of yourself, I need you back in one piece ;)

Jaimee: love you boo <3

Jaimee: (photo sent: selfie kissing the camera)

 

“Unni, you can go now” Misa smiled all dressed up when she noticed her friend was smiling again, finally. “Gosh, I only have little time to get ready” she mumbled grabbing her clothes and disappeared into the bathroom to take her shower while Misa did her hair and made herself look as cute as she could because she was going to see Yonghwa again today and the thought was giving her butterflies. Jamie found her friend forever smiling as soon as she walked out of the bathroom again entirely dressed and her hair done as far as that was possible. She did not want to waste too much time on it and just braid her hair instead.

 

Just when Jamie was applying some gloss on her lips and Misa finished applying her strawberry chapstick on hers, they were both startled by a knock on the door. “I think it's Yonghwa” Jamie smiled. Misa nodded “Why is he always so early though?” she whispered when she noticed it was only fifteen before two. “Well, he is a gentleman for being earlier. It's better than forgetting and showing up late. Means that he really wants to see you” Jamie convinced her friend throwing on her shoes after she collected her wallet, sunglasses and phone and threw them in her purse. Misa let out a sigh of nervousness. No matter how many times she was going to see Yonghwa, he never failed to make her nervous and have the butterflies dancing in her tummy. She quickly checked herself in the mirror and opened the door finding Yonghwa ready to knock for a second time. “Hi” he smiled ready to turn her into jelly. “Hi, come in” Misa replied casually closing the door behind Yonghwa who looked extremely good in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and not forget to mention the watch he was wearing. It just made him look so manly. “You are early though?” Misa whispered trying to hide she was slightly blushing. “I prefer to be early and not late. Besides, how can I show up late and keep you waiting?” he smirked obviously flirting with Jamie’s. Jamie bit her lip in amusement grabbing her handbag “Well, I am ready” she sing-songed ready to leave. Yonghwa chuckled “Are you ready?” he smiled ily at Misa making her hot and cold at the same time. How did he do that? She nodded “I am ready too” she smiled following Yonghwa outside after she grabbed her own stuff and closed the door behind her.

 

The elevator didn't even hit ground floor yet and Misa could feel Yonghwa's soft yet manly hands taking her small hand in his and guided her out. Misa wasn't used to this kind of skinship in public and made her feel a little bit uneasy but at the same time she wished him not to go of her and hold her hand for as long as possible. Jamie smiled as if she was happy for her little sis enjoying her first crush and pretended she didn't see anything. In a strange way her friend did feel like a sister to her. As soon as they got outside of the hotel they found the CNBlue van waiting just around the corner where their hotel was and were greeted by an excited Jungshin, Minhyuk & Jonghyun who somehow seemed to enjoy it that the two girls were tagging along. It doesn't happen every day that they are accompanied by two female friends they just met not so long ago but it sure felt casual. “Do the guys even know we are coming this early?” Jamie smiled closing the door behind her after she stepped in behind Misa. “They know. They invited us didn't they? Besides, it'll be fun to see them practice a little” Jonghyun chuckled in amusement. Jamie shook her head not able to control her smiling wondering what that meant. Jamie was a choreographer and sure was critical when watching others dance especially if she noticed any mistakes. Maybe she was just a perfectionist like that. There was always room for improvement, even for herself as a professional. After a little drive they reached the venue where Ft Island were playing their show. They both didn't know what to expect at first, but sure were surprised to find fans lined up in big amounts already. They never realized they were this popular. Once Yonghwa parked the van behind the fence everyone got out and followed the leader to the backstage entrance where they of course first were held up by security who were somewhat wondering what Jamie and Misa were doing with the band. The venue was quite big, it looked even bigger than the one they saw CNBlue play before. As they were walking their way through the venue to the dressing room they bumped into the manager who was surprisingly greeting Jamie and Misa as if they were a part of the band. That was refreshing since they heard a lot of crazy things coming from other entertainment companies who were somewhat harsh on their musicians and trainees, hence, the more Jamie and Misa respected this manager for staying so grounded and down to earth. They definitely couldn't wait to see these guys again.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]