TWENTY-TWO

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

MISA'S POV

His kisses made you remember the taste of strawberry. Or was it the chap stick that you applied earlier today? You didn't remember, but it was sweet. Just as sweet as a strawberry would taste like. Yonghwa stopped kissing you for a moment biting his lip looking down a little bit awkwardly looking somewhat nervous. This guy is so confident all the time, how on earth could he be nervous around you? "I'm sorry if I kissed you so suddenly" Yonghwa started trying to explain mostly himself why he felt the way he did. He never had these feelings for someone. He met back with your eyes again and reached out for your hand while he leaned forward again a little more. "I like you Misa and I really hope we will keep in touch. I would be sad if we didn't" he confessed. Was he for real? Why did he have to put it that way? It made everything so dramatic suddenly. The idea of having to miss him and maybe never see him again was not exactly feeling good to you. What if you were never going to see him again? What if he suddenly decides to stop talking to you despite of him telling you he wants to stay in touch? Will he keep his word? You were flabbergasted and wasn't sure of what to think. You knew this was going to be hard. Very hard. "Tell me we will keep in touch after you leave" Yonghwa whispered taking your hand in his getting all sentimental it seems. "Yonghwa" you whispered not sure what to decide. You liked him a lot. More than just a lot. You had feelings for him, but the odds of you returning to this place were small. Very small. The last thing you wanted was keep him hanging and hope he might see you again. One way or another. "What if I will never return back to this place? It's very likely that I won't. You will be disappointed and I will be too" you confessed looking down at both your hands in the middle. "Truth is I like you too, but I also know I have to go back home and god know what awaits me there. I can't ask you to stay in touch with me where both of us build hopes on something that might not even happen. I still would have to do what my parents will tell me to do. I might be married off for all I know. I don't know! But I know it will happen and my clock is ticking. I can't ask you to do this and give you false hope. Cause that is what it will be. For both of us" you explained feeling saddened.

 

"Misa, it doesn't have to be this way. If we both want this we can work this out can we?" Yonghwa whispered making you look back at him. You shook your head "Yonghwa. I like you a lot. I really do. But we can't be blind to reality. This is our reality. You will never have a future with me and I definitely cannot ask you to wait for me. That will be very selfish. I'd like us to be friends after this, but I don't want you to wait for me. It's not fair" you confessed somewhat breaking up with him before it even started. "Misa, you just said you liked me. Don't you feel something?" Yonghwa asked tucking your hair behind your ear. "I did and I meant it. That's the problem. I like you a lot. This is exactly why I think this is a bad idea. You live here and I live in India. Two different countries far away from one another. How is this going to work out? Honestly! My parents are very strongly opinionated when it comes to men who try to seduce me romantically. They would want to meet you. They need to approve of you and what not else. What if they don't? All of this is mission impossible because I live in India and you live in Korea. It's sad, but true" you added starting to become somewhat sad. You really were feeling sorry for your best friend and she was quite serious with Jonghyun. Yonghwa didn't take his eyes from you. "Misa how is it impossible? Are you sure you just want to be friends?" You shook your head "Yonghwa I don't want to be just friends, but I am protecting myself from getting hurt. That is what I am doing. Things like these are doomed to result in a big disappointment. We both don't deserve that" you assured the handsome looking guy sitting in front of you.

 

"What if I told you I will be traveling to India soon? And meet your parents? Introduce myself?" Yonghwa continued desperate to make you change your mind. You blinked your eyes in disbelief. "What? No...It doesn't work that way!" "Why not?" Yonghwa asked confused this time. "I really do understand where your parents are coming from. I really do and I respect that. I'll be traveling to India soon with the rest of the guys and FT Island. By soon, I mean very soon. You'll be the first one to know. I will know the exact date myself in two days. It will be between now and three months. What if I did everything to meet your parents?" You shrugged looking down back to your hands thinking it was actually sweet he was trying to assure you that his plans were going to work out. But your family wasn't exactly like that. You met with his dark captivating eyes again. "You will have to get through my oppa's first. They are even stricter and way more protective of me. They will do everything to torture you. Are you sure that is what you want?" Yonghwa gave you a warm smile taking your hands back in his squeezing them gently. "I don't care if they torture me. If that is what I will have to endure to be with you, I will do it" and peered deep into your eyes. "Misa I really don't care what I have to do. It only shows your family cares for you.  You're precious to them and they are behaving a certain way to keep the bad fish out". You giggled at his words trying to keep yourself from bursting out in laughter completely. "They're protecting you. That's okay. It shows they care about you. Honestly I like the idea of fighting for you" Yonghwa chuckled. Did he really just have to say that? Before you realized you were blushing all over again. How did he know the right things to say? He was so witty, handsome and yet smooth at the same time when he needed to be.

 

"It won't be easy" you whispered giving him another chance to change his mind. "I'll take it. The best things in life don't come easy right?" Yonghwa smiled ily squeezing your hands a little more playing with them rubbing his thumbs over the back them. "It will work out just fine. I have some proving to do. You think I'm a good guy right?" he chuckled making you shrug. "Yes I do. From what I can tell obviously. I don't want to give you false hopes though. Do you really want to waste your time waiting for a girl like me?" Yonghwa nodded "I do. Everything will be done on your pace okay? I don't want to rush through everything and make you feel uncomfortable. Just take your sweet little time okay?" You smiled shyly "Okay" and looked back down again before you had the courage to look back into his eyes again. Just when you were ready to take another sip from your lemonade again, it started to rain. At least that is what it was feeling like to you. Both you and Yonghwa looked up clearly feeling the same thing. "Did you feel that?" you asked looking back at Yonghwa who was looking up at the clouds that wasn't giving away much. It wasn't that cloudy really. "I did. I am not sure if it's a false alarm or not" and looked back at you. Just when he did the raindrops were coming down in bigger size and faster too. "Oh yea, it's raining" Yonghwa murmured getting up ready to pack up everything and leave. "Let's get out of here. We'll be wet in no time" and reached his hand out to you to pull you up. You looked up at the sky above you while Yonghwa was packing up the food and put everything back in the cooler box while you decided to fold the plaid as fast as you could.

 

Unfortunately for you and Yonghwa the rain was coming down a whole lot faster than you could pack your belongings and get back to the vehicle. As fast as you both could you rushed to his car throwing everything in the car not even making an effort to open the trunk and store everything away. But the time you and Yonghwa both sat inside the vehicle and closed the door behind you shut, it started to pour even harder. What was it about rain whenever you were with Yonghwa? Mother Nature had a funny sense of humor right? "Are you alright?" Yonghwa asked worried since you were sitting there rubbing your arms as the rain was dripping down your face. "You're cold?" "A little" you confessed while Yonghwa switched on the heater. It wasn't necessarily cold outside but your clothes were wet and sticking to your skin. "Give me a second" Yonghwa mumbled running his fingers through his hair before he unbuckled himself and turned around to grab one of his hoodies that was lying on the back seat and handed it to you. You gave him a confused look. "Take it" he insisted. "Are you sure? You don't want to wear this yourself?" Yonghwa shook his head. "Don't worry about me. I want you to wear it. I don't want you to get sick. You can return it to me when I see you again". You wanted to take your wet shirt off, but Yonghwa was somewhat staring. He got shaken out of his daydreaming and looked the other way when he realized it was awkward for you to be changing tops sitting in a car with a guy. As soon as Yonghwa looked away you quickly pulled your shirt off and threw on the hoodie instead in which you were practically swimming. That's how big it was on you. But hey, at least you were warm and dry. Except for your and pants. "Are you ready?" Yonghwa asked carefully looking to his right again and noticed you were changed into his hoodie. "Let's get us something warm" he insisted and stepped on the gas after he turned the key in the ignition.

 

After driving for about forty minutes you were back in Seoul again. Back in the city you nearly felt just as much at home as your hometown in India. Yonghwa pulled over in front of a small coffee shop determined to get both you and himself something warm. "Can I get you something warm? Tea or a hot chocolate?" You nodded "Hot chocolate will be good. Thanks". "I'll be right back" Yonghwa smiled ily jumping out of the car rushing into the coffee shop because it was pouring outside. 'Poor Yonghwa' you thought as you looked outside of the window watching his car getting a free car wash by Mother Nature. In only a matter of minutes Yonghwa came back with two cups. You opened the door for him so he didn't have to struggle. Poor guy had suffered enough getting rained on already. "Thanks" Yonghwa panted closing the door behind him when he handed one cup of hot chocolate to you. "It's hot" he chuckled. "Yea I bet it is" you whispered as soon as you took the top of the cup and started to blow it cold so you could take a sip. "Ah! This really is good". "I'm glad you think it's good" Yonghwa smiled taking a sip from his hot chocolate as well. Both you and Yonghwa took your time to drink your hot chocolate before Yonghwa decided to take you back to the hotel. It has been a long day and even though you didn't say anything, Yonghwa knew that you were worried about your best friend Jamie being all by herself.

 

JAMIE'S POV

In the meantime while Misa was having fun with her date Yonghwa, you were keeping yourself entertained reading your book, listen to some music or watch some variety show. As you were loading your photos onto your MacBook and looked through all the photographs and video's you had taken with your phone so far, you couldn't believe how fast this vacation of yours went. Four more days and you would have to go back home, except this time everything was very much different for you. You weren't going back to be the same person. You were going back to be hopelessly in love growing a little human being inside of you. The thought still was somewhat strange for you. You were very insecure about becoming a parent. Lost in thought going through all your summer memories your phone started vibrating. As soon as you saw it was Jonghyun your smile grew wider and wider. "Hey" you picked up with a smile in your voice happy to hear his. "Hey baby. How do you feel?" Jonghyun asked sounding a little sick to you. "I didn't wake you from your sleep right?" he continued. "No you didn't silly. I woke up an hour ago or so and I even had my breakfast. Well I had yogurt. So far I am keeping at least that one in" you explained pushing your laptop aside. "Well that's good. Because you really need to eat baby cakes. I don't want something happening to you when I am not around. And even when I am around I want you to take care of yourself" Jonghyun replied with that y voice of his. "Mhm, don't worry. Misa has already lectured me" you chuckled. "That's because I said that" Jonghyun chuckled. "Babe, are you okay? Did you catch a cold?" you asked suddenly worried about him. "Honey, I am fine and no I am not catching a cold. It's been a very much long day today so my throat sounds a little sore or as if I am getting a cold. The guys were asking me the same thing earlier". "Well good, because I will worry about you just as much" you convinced him getting off the bed pulling your hair out the bun.

 

"What are your plans for today love?" Jonghyun whispered packing his stuff ready to leave the hotel he was staying at. "Mhm, I don't know! Stay in all day? I will probably just lazy around today. I've slept better though. Misa's out with Yonghwa so I will just watch TV or something" you explained sitting back down on the bed. "I do miss you though. I am really going nuts. It's like you've turned me into an addict or something" you confessed. "I have that effect on you?" Jonghyun chuckled slightly teasing you. "You do! Don't sound so surprised. You know very well you're good looking and you also know very well I love everything about you" you bluntly answered. "Everything?" Jonghyun teased you again. "Stop teasing me. It's not funny!" you pouted. Even though he wasn't there with you he could tell you were. "I'll be there with you soon okay? I'm sorry I am not there right now and I know it's not easy for you. I'm really hating being away right now" Jonghyun sighed. "Be strong for me okay? Just hold on for a little bit. I'll be home very soon" he added. You let out another sigh and rubbed your tummy with your free hand. "I know you will be. I love you". "I love you too baby" Jonghyun whispered with a smile in his voice. "Listen baby, I need to go back to work. Duty calls. I will give you a call in a couple of hours okay?" Jonghyun lied correcting the shirt he was wearing. "Okay. I can't wait" you whispered as you two said your goodbyes and I love you’d one more time before you hung up. It was hard for you. You never imagined yourself depending on a guy like this before. You were still independent but the fact that you were having his child made you somewhat depend on him too. Something you really had to get used to.

 

You closed the laptop and decided to take a shower and grabbed some clean underwear out of your suitcase ready to do so. Just when you reached your suitcase you became somewhat light headed. "Whoa!" you mumbled to yourself sitting yourself down on the bed end giving your eyes some time to adjust to the scenery again. "What was that?" you added tucking your hair behind your ear squeezing your eyes and shaking your head. "That was just odd". You got up from the bed again and reached out for the bathroom door this time, but by the time you did you lost your balance because your view out. Your legs turned to jelly and the next thing you knew you fell forwards bumping your head against the door. You opened your eyes watching the whole room spinning around you. "Oh god" you murmured trying to lift yourself up on your hands, but your strength seemed to have left you. "!" you cursed reaching in front of you but it was no point because your head was feeling heavy and made you effortlessly close your eyes. "What's wrong with me" you whispered opening your eyes again before they closed on you again and this time, they closed on you permanently.

 

...some hours later...

 

NO POV

"Thank you for taking me back" Misa smiled at Yonghwa as they both got out of his car and walked into the hotel. "Don't worry about it" Yonghwa chuckled as the two of the stepped into the elevator. "I can change my clothes and give this hoodie back to you? I feel bad I am wearing something warm and dry and you still wear a wet shirt" Misa confessed with guilt. "It's fine. I'll take a shower when I get back home. Just keep it for now. I might be claiming again when I go and see you in India" Yonghwa smirked and they both headed to their hotel room. "Well then, thanks" Misa mumbled unlocking the door with the plastic key card. "Unni, we're ba..." Misa started and noticed Jamie stretched on the floor in front of the bathroom door. She dropped everything she was holding in her hand. "Oh my god...." and kneeled herself next to her "Unni? Unni wake up please" she shouted shaking Jamie in hopes she would respond. "Unni?" Misa panicked checking her pulse. There was still a pulse that was somewhat weak but at least she knew Jamie was still alive. "Yonghwa!!" Misa shouted who rushed inside the room finding Jamie paralyzed on the floor. "We need to get her a doctor. God knows how long she has been lying here like this" she panicked close to tears. "Unni, can you hear me? Please say something!" Yonghwa in the meantime grabbed his phone and called the emergency number to get Jamie the right medical treatment. Misa was worried. Very worried. It was not just Jamie she was worried about. It was Jamie plus one. "" she cursed and rushed to Jamie's bed grabbing her phone ready to dial Jonghyun's number just to at least give him heads up. Unfortunately he was not picking up and it seemed that his phone was switched off. "God no! He's going to kill me for letting her alone by herself" Misa blamed herself. "Misa, everything will be okay" Yonghwa calmed her after he hung up the phone. "The paramedics are on their way. She still has a pulse right?" Misa nodded starting to cry. "This is all my fault. I shouldn't have left her by herself. She was not feeling good yesterday evening. I should have known". "Misa listen to me" Yonghwa grabbed her by her shoulders forcing her to look at him while tears rolled down her cheek. "You couldn't foresee this happening alright? Maybe she really was okay this morning. Please don't blame yourself". "But why do I feel so bad? Jonghyun is totally going to hate me for this" Misa blamed herself once more. "I really can't do this. I am so stupid". "Misa just stop" Yonghwa shouted that somewhat startled her and took her in his arms to calm her down. "It's alright" he whispered with a calm steady voice. "She's going to be alright. She probably just fainted or something. The paramedics will be here soon. They will take care of her" Yonghwa assured Misa once more.  Misa nodded holding herself tightly to Yonghwa digging her face into his wet shirt. She couldn't care that she was getting wet all over again. She was scared. Her best friend Jamie didn't move for crying out loud.

 

As soon as Misa was a little calmed down the paramedics were heading up the fifth floor where their room was followed by hotel staff. Both Misa and Yonghwa stepped aside asking both what happened. Neither of them could really answer that question. "Is she going to be alright?" Misa panicked while they were placing an oxygen cap over Jamie's nose and mouth after putting her on a stretcher. "She has a pulse so it means she's still with us, but we need to get her medical help. You have no idea how long she has been lying here?" one of the paramedics asked. Misa shook her head "No. We don't. We just got back and found her like this". "Anyone responsible for...what's her name?" "Jamie. Jamie Parker. And no her family is in the US I think and her boyfriend is currently in Brazil. Please don't let her die. Her boyfriend is going to kill me" Misa pleaded. "She will be alright. We'll do everything we can" the man assured the worried looking Misa. Just like that Jamie was carried out of the hotel room on a stretcher followed by Yonghwa and Misa who quickly grabbed Jamie's phone just in case when Jonghyun would be calling her back despite of the urgency message Misa left on his voicemail. While Jamie got carried into the ambulance Yonghwa decided to follow it with his own car. Neither of them had any idea if Jamie was going to have to stay and for how long. After driving for at least twenty minutes they reached the hospital. While Jamie was taken away into the emergency room to have her all checked up, Misa and Yonghwa both had to wait it out in the waiting room until a doctor would come back in to give them some news. Despite of the waiting only lasting an hour, it was feeling like forever to Misa who couldn't stand suspension like this at all. It made her impatient and Yonghwa was doing all he could to keep Jamie's friend calm and sane.

 

JAMIE'S POV

You had no idea what happened when you opened your eyes finding yourself in the hospital. At least that is what it felt like to you. How did you end up here? You moved your head to the right finding Misa and Yonghwa both sitting in the corner of the room waiting for you to open your eyes so it seemed. “Unni” Misa smiled somewhat relieved when she noticed you had opened your eyes again. You freaked out your best friend alright. “Where am I? What happened?” you mumbled starting to feel more than just uncomfortable. There was something about hospitals that gave you the creeps. “Unni, you don’t remember?” Misa asked surprised with a worried expression on her face. You slowly moved your head from left to right letting her know you didn't. "No? What happened" you asked wanting an answer since you felt more uneasy over the fact you couldn't remember anything other than being in the hotel room. Everything after that is one black hole and mystery to you. "It's okay. You will be okay" Misa whispered assuring you not meeting you on your bedside. "Misa what happened? What am I doing in the hospital?" you mumbled giving her a desperate look. "Unni we found you passed out in the hotel room in front of the bathroom door. We don't know for how long you have been lying there. You didn't seem to respond to us calling your name either until we realised you bumped your head and were probably unconscious and immediately called 911. They took you to the hospital because your blood pressure was really low". You reached for your head and noticed you bumped your head on the same spot you got hit by a tree. You closed your eyes trying to hold yourself together. "Unni are you okay?" Misa asked carefully rubbing shoulder since it probably scared yourself too. You opened your eyes again looking at Misa still standing next to you and moved your eyes to Yonghwa and back to your friend not sure what to think of the situation. He was probably knowing more now too than you wished he would. This is not how you wanted it to be. Jonghyun should have been here instead. As if he felt it was his place to leave he got up. "I'll leave you girls for now.  Can I get you something to drink?" Both you and Misa shook heads. "I'll be waiting outside of the room if you need anything" and excused himself after he gave Misa an assuring smile that he was not going to leave this hospital without Misa. "Misa does he know?" you whispered as soon as Yonghwa left the room. Misa shook her head rubbing her arms as if she were cold. "No he doesn't know about the baby. Don't worry about it okay" she assured you.

 

Jamie sighed looking away from her best friend trying to hide she was now crying. You weren't sure why you were. You just missed your boyfriend. "Unni, it's gonna be alright. I am sure it will be" Misa assured you. Just when you turned to face Misa again, one of the doctors walked in to check on you. "How do you feel Miss Parker" the doctor flashed an assuring smile. "I feel pained" you dryly answered feeling somewhat high on painkillers. "How is she?" Misa asked curious to know if they found something to worry about. The doctor nodded. "Don't worry. Miss Parker is going to be just fine" and tuck away the pen in the front pocket of his white doctor's coat. "Although I have my concerns" the doctor by the name Kang continued as he looked back at you with a straight face. "Miss Parker, did you know you are pregnant?" You blinked your eyes trying to fight the tears from escaping your eyes. "I did a pregnancy test about three days ago. That is how I know" you confessed. Dr Kang nodded. "I see. Well Miss Parker I am going to be straightforward with you. Are you under stress lately?" You shook your head wondering where that question came from. He must have a reason to ask you this one specifically. "I don't think I have been stressed or anything". Dr Kang nodded. "No stress with your job? Family?" he continued to ask trying to find the cause behind your low blood pressure. "I'm sorry" you mumbled starting to cry. "Unni" Misa whispered hating to see her best friend cry and be so vulnerable like this. “Miss Parker, don’t worry. It’s easy to treat” the doctor continued as if he was worried you started to cry because of what you just heard. Both you and Misa knew exactly why you were this upset and this definitely wasn't the reason. Just when the doctor wanted to continue, he was interrupted by a knock on the door. Neither you nor Misa had a clue who was about to walk through that door.

 

The door swung open and a worried looking Jonghyun walked into the room surprising everyone present including the doctor. "Jj…Jonghyun. How did you...?" Misa mumbled trying to make sense of how your boyfriend got here in the first place. Jonghyun ignored your best friend Misa and rushed to the bedside wondering what on earth happened to you while Misa stepped aside. "Baby what happened?" he whispered sitting down on the bed to have a closer look at you. You ignored his question and struggled giving all you got to sit up straight snaking your arms around your boyfriend's waist. "I'm so sorry" you whispered looking into Jonghyun's eyes before you completely broke down digging your face into his chest. "Baby it’s ok. It's gonna be okay" Jonghyun whispered assuring you wrapping his arms around you holding you as tight as he possibly could. You have been holding yourself somewhat together all this time and had been longing for your boyfriend to hold you and tell you that everything would be alright ever since you were confronted with a positive pregnancy test. "I'm here. Everything is going to be okay" he continued as he tried to convince you he was not going anywhere, but here with you. "You must be...?" the doctor interrupted ready to reach his hand out to Jonghyun. "I am Kim Jonghyun, her boyfriend" he introduced himself after he released you from his arms. "Good" the doctor nodded looking at his notes and back to Jonghyun "Mr. Kim, you are aware that Miss Parker is nineteen days pregnant?" Dr Kang added giving your boyfriend a stern look. Jonghyun blinked his eyes trying to comprehend the confirmation he just got. So, it's true? You were pregnant with his child? He didn't know what to say and held you tighter again instead knowing this must be very uncomfortable for you too. He sure didn't forgot how upset and scared you were when you told him. "I assume it's yours, Mr. Kim?" It took a few seconds for the words of the question to sink in and nodded looking at you. "I'm the father of this child yes" he whispered then looking back at the doctor. "Is she going to be okay?" he asked back with his worry. The doctor nodded "Both mommy and baby will be fine. Although as I was trying to explain to Miss Parker we concluded she has anemia and is short on some vitamins. Also she seems to be a little stressed because her blood pressure is on the low side. It's very treatable. We will give you some vitamins that will give you everything you need and of course to stabilize your anemia and make sure your blood values will go back to normal. I am not sure what your occupation is but I think it’s best if you take it easy at least until your values are back to normal" Dr Kang explained as he moved eyes between you and Jonghyun.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]