Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 9

 

Tiffany just hung wide open, disbelieving what she had just heard. Sunny grinned at her friend & walked over to tilt her chin back into place. Tiffany shook her head & blinked several times. Sunny, seeing her in this state, knew exactly what to do. She pinched Tiffany hard on the arm, “No, you are not dreaming girlfriend.” Tiffany glared at Sunny as she rubbed her arm but then quickly turned her attention back to Sooyoung, “Are you serious Soo? I mean, we just met & became friends. How do you know that you can trust me? Look at me, my background is nowhere as great as yours.”

 

Sooyoung laughed at the sight of the flustered & worried Tiffany, “Yeah, I do trust you. I don’t just make friends with anyone & besides, I believe a hard-working girl like you can have great potential.” Tiffany stared at Sooyoung for a second more before she flung her arms around Sooyoung & squealed, “Oh my gosh! You are my life saver, my hero!” Sooyoung & Sunny, both laughed at her words but happy at the good that finally came to their precious friend, “So, when can I start Soo...I mean, miss Choi?” Sooyoung frowned & shook her head, “Don’t you dare call me miss Choi again. If you do, I will fire you right now.” Tiffany took a step back at the sudden change. Sooyoung smiled reassuringly, “I just want you to call me Sooyoung & nothing else unless you can make up a cute nickname for me.”

 

Tiffany smiled in relief & lightly pushed Sooyoung at her not so funny joke.

 

“So, is that a yes then?” Sooyoung asked Tiffany. Tiffany just nodded yes. This was just so sudden, “Great then. You can start tomorrow. Siwon will take you to the restaurant after school so get a good night sleep, you two.” She ushered both, Sunny & Tiffany to bed, “I’m still older than both of you & you still have to attend school tomorrow.” Tiffany gave Sooyoung one more hug before she yawned & got into bed. Sunny, who had been quiet all this time gave Sooyoung a slight smile & hugged her before she too, climbed into bed.

 

Sooyoung smiled at the two girls & turned off the light to the room before going back outside to join Keunsuk. Keunsuk asked her, “Did she accept it?” Sooyoung gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Yeah.” She sighed contentedly as they walked together, wrapped in each others arm to the car. In the hospital, Tiffany prayed to god silently to thank him for bestowing wonderful new friends like Siwon & Sooyoung on her. She also thanked him for leading her to Jejung again, even though it wasn’t under better circumstances. After her prayers were done, she drifted right to sleep & dreamt about when she & Jejung were young. Meanwhile, Sunny stayed wide awake & prayed to god to ask if this was some kind of joke. If it was, she wasn’t laughing. She groaned & tossed & turned the whole night. It took a long time before she finally managed to get into a fitful state of slumber.

 

The next morning came with the ray of sunlight streaming into their hospital room. Siwon popped his head into their room only to find that the two girls were still sound asleep. He had brought an alarm clock just in case this happened. He grinned evilly & turned the alarm knob to the hour hand seven & the room erupted into a loud ringing noise. Sunny & Tiffany’s eyes were wide open as they screamed & fell out of their beds.

 

“Ouch.” Sunny said, as she rubbed her back that had collided with the hard floor. When she was about to get up, a hand appeared out of the blue & she grasped onto it to stare into Siwon’s eyes.

 

Sunny let go instantly & fell right back down on the unforgiving floor. She glared at it as if it were her worst enemy. Siwon laughed, “Why did you let go? I don’t have cooties.” He did a mock inspection of his hands.

 

“At least I don’t think so.” His eyes twinkled & he smiled at Sunny & offered her his hand again, but Sunny ignored it this time & pulled herself up. Siwon scratched his head, confused but then shrugged as if it was nothing out of the ordinary.

 

Tiffany had been helped up by Siwon first & had already dashed into the bathroom to get ready for school. When she came out again, she was fully dressed in the outfit that Sooyoung had bought her. She came out blushing a deep shade of pink. Sunny gasped & ran over to Tiffany to grab her arms & jump around with her, “Oh my gosh girl, you look so great.” She looked Tiffany up & down & gave a slight frown at further inspection, “We need to put a bit of makeup on you before you can go out though!” She squealed, “Oh, this is going to be so fun!” She clapped her hands & looked around to see where her makeup bag was. She groaned when she realized that it was in her messenger bag back at her school locker.

 

Siwon smiled & held out a bag that he had been carrying along with the two bouquet of flowers that he bought just for the two beauties. Sunny blushed & took the bag & bouquet that he held out to her.

 

“Thanks.” She mumbled softly, & then threw the flowers on her bed before she grabbed her clothes to head for the bathroom. Siwon looked at her back & when she had closed the bathroom door, he turned to looked at Tiffany, “What’s wrong with her?” Tiffany was also puzzled at Sunny’s odd behavior & shrugged.

 

Siwon whistled & walked over to hold Tiffany at arm’s length, “She wasn’t wrong. I have to congratulate my sister at her good taste. You do look gorgeous Tiffany. I almost didn’t recognize you.” Tiffany blushed again, & laughed, “I don’t know. This is so not me. You don’t think it is too weird, do you?” Siwon laughed & said, “No. I think you look absolutely stunning. From now on, you should ditch those ugly oversized clothes of yours. They just don’t become you.” Tiffany sighed, “It’s not like anyone would really care how I look like anyway.” Siwon frowned, “Don’t you ever say that again. You deserve to look beautiful & you owe it to the people who admire you to dress the part & bring out your true beauty.” Tiffany laughed & said, “You are just saying that because you are my friend.” “Yeah, I am & as a friend that admires you for all that you have been though & that you are an amazing person because of that.” Tiffany stared at Siwon & saw that he was telling the truth. She smiled & gave Siwon a hug.

 

A door slamming open broke them apart & Sunny frowned at the two. Tiffany stepped away first & grinned at Sunny, “As always princess, you look the best.” Sunny broke into a smile at those words & hugged Tiffany, “Come on girl, let me do your makeup.” At Tiffany’s look, she shook her head, “Don’t you even think of running away. Just trust me.” Tiffany sighed & sat down, letting Sunny do her work. When she was finished & Tiffany looked in the mirror, she smiled. Sunny hadn’t put too much makeup on her, just enough to bring out her best features & make it natural.


Tiffany & Sunny went out, arm in arm with a puzzled Siwon who took their bags & flowers before following them out the door. He shook his head, “Girls, can’t understand them but can’t live without them either.” He grinned wickedly at the last thought. Together, the three of them made their way to school & split directions then since they had classes in different places.

 

A/N: i'm sorry for not being able to update for the past three days. i have been so tired because of work but since i'm alright now, i will be updating again every night while on the weekends, saturday & sunday, i will be updating three chapters every day & thanks for being patience with me while not being able to update ^^