Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 66

 

Jejung readjusted the flowers in the vases within the hospital room. Satisfied with the result, he smiled & walked towards the bed in the middle of the room, settling himself down beside the occupant. He bent down & kissed Tiffany lightly on the lips but he was only disappointed again, as he didn’t feel her kissing him back. Straightening himself, he reached down to take Tiffany’s left hand in his left one. Their two wedding rings were in place once again. After the accident, he had had them specially cleaned & by the next day, they were on their fingers once again. He laced his fingers with hers & brought the hand up for a kiss.

 

Eight months had already passed but Tiffany still hadn’t even as much as stirred from her state but still, Jejung stayed loyal to her & came in everyday to be with her. There were nights when he would stay over to hold her within his arms because it was too hard for him to go back to their house without her presence within. Jejung brushed some of her hair off of her face & smiled tenderly down at her, “Do you know what today is?” There was no answer, “Today is the day that Siwon proposed to Sunny. Did Sunny tell you yet?” No responses once again. Jejung chuckled, “Of course, you know. Sunny came here right after he proposed. She didn’t even answer him, you know? She just rushed here to share the news with you. Silly, huh?” Jejung chuckled again, “But she did said yes. The wedding date isn’t set yet. Sunny said that she wouldn’t marry Siwon until you wake up & be her maid of honor.” He tweaked her nose affectionately, “So, you should wake up soon or else Siwon is going to go crazy.” Jejung sighed & grew serious.

 

“Today is also the day of Seohyun’s trial.” His eyes turned dark, “I hope the judge shows her no mercy. She deserves life in prison for what she has done to you. She was the one who hired people to you. She also wrote you those threats & was the one in the car when she tried to run you over but got me instead. She also hired those assassins who shot you.” His eyes blurred as he remembered what Seohyun had done & why, "I never would have imagined that someone could be so obsessed with me, obsessed enough over my image & name in the world that she would do anything in order to have me." His voice broke & he took her hand in his, "& you were the one who had to be the recipient of all the bad things that happened just because you are the one that I love."

 

Jejung’s mind drifted for a moment as he relived all that they had been through. He bent down & kissed Tiffany’s forehead, “I really wish that you could wake up to see her trial.” Tiffany didn’t move even a millimeter, “Boa was sentenced to community services for her part in the crime but I guess I don’t really blame her. She called the police & told them what Seohyun had done. Hopefully, the year of cleaning highways will wise up her act.”

 

A knock sounded on the door & a nurse poked her head in, “Hi Mr. Kim, but the twins are hungry.” Jejung smiled & told her to come in. She & another nurse carried the babies in. He got up from his perch to kiss both cheeks of his babies before taking them. The nurses left the room as he did. He had been helping his children nurse on Tiffany for the past eight months. It was a private matter for only him, Tiffany & the babies but it was one of the family events he looked forward to almost every day.

 

After the babies had finished, Jejung covered Tiffany back up & rang the bell for the nurses to take them back. Along with the nurses came a hesitant Yunho who was carrying a CD in one hand & a bouquet of pink roses in the other. Jejung smiled at him warmly but the smile turned into a frown as he spied the CD, “What’s that?” Yunho placed the roses on the table. He waited for the nurses to leave with the babies before he handed the CD to him, “It’s your new CD. It came out today & it’s already sold over a half million copies worldwide last time I heard.” Jejung took a look at the CD. & tightened it in his hand. He almost wished that he could just leave the music industry. After all, that had happened with Seohyun’s obessed stalker act, he wanted to just quit before something else happened to Tiffany but as soon as he thought about leaving, a flashback came to mind.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Jaejoong Oppa. Sing me that song again.” A young six year old girl smiled & sniffed. She used her small dirty hands to wipe away her tears away as the eight year old boy sang. The girl giggled as the boy made a dramatic bow & plucked a pink rose to tie it into her half-ponytail. He then finished the song & kissed the top of her head & then her hand.


“Don’t cry anymore. You are safe now. Why don’t you come home with me to the treehouse & let me wash you up & put some ointment on your bruises?” The boy then took off his black zip-front drifter cardigan sweater & placed it around the shivering shoulder of the girl. It was a cold night but still, the boy didn’t care. All he cared about was the well-being of the young girl. He put out his hand to help the girl up from the curb of the street, “Here, put your head on my shoulder & hold my hand, Miyoung. Let me warm you up a bit.”

 

The girl smiled & softly whispered, “Thanks Oppa.” Hand in hand, the young boy & girl made their way down the dark street with only the stars winking down on them as their light, “Look at that star. It’s a shooting star. Make a wish.” Jaejoong said. Miyoung closed her wide, brown, almond-shaped eyes tightly & clasped her hands together & wished out loud, “I wish that Jaejoong Oppa will become a famous singer & let him always be happy.” His hazel brown, almond-shaped eyes started to get watery as he heard those words. All he could do was smile & pray that he would make her proud & fulfill her wish & that he would do it with her by his side, letting him protect her.

 

The girl finished her wish & looked up at the boy with adoration in her eyes & once again, they made their way down the street.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

It was her wish for him that kept him going. He could still remember the times that he could see her with headphones over her ear, singing to his songs with her eyes closed. She was his number one fan since day one. Even though he hadn't thought that he had heard on the day that she got shot, he knew that she had uttered those same words of the wish right before she got shot.

 

Yunho didn't seem to notice Jejung's daydreaming. He kept on talking, “Have you thought anymore about the promotion in Japan & Taiwan? The company has been really breathing down my neck about this.” Jejung shook his head, “I have told you before. I’m not leaving Miyoung’s side.” Yunho nodded forlornly, “I understand your concern for Tiffany, but you can’t just throw away your career & the love of your fans. They look up to you. These people have saved up on their part time job pay & waited in long lines to purchase your CD today. You owe it to them to be present for the promotion of your CD.” Jejung shook his head again, “Honestly Jejung, Tiffany will be okay in the care of your family. She will be okay. She wouldn’t want you to disappoint your fans & leave work to be with her. Think about it.”


Jejung did think about it & he knew that Tiffany would probably have his head if he had ever neglected his work. He looked down at her peaceful face & her soft cheek. He knew that she would want him to go to the promotional tour, “It will only be a week, Jejung. You will be back before you know it.” Jejung continued to Tiffany’s face & then slowly, he nodded, “Okay, five days max. I want to be back within five days.” Yunho slapped his hands together, hard “Yeah. Now, that’s the spirit. I will go make the reservations.” He paused at the door, “Thanks, Jejung.” Jejung smiled, “I know I know, Tiffany will be fine.” Yunho laughed too, “Everyone always says that before they leave.” Jejung said, “She will be. I just know it.” He said softly, “Because I believe in her.”

 

A/N: that's it for today everyone but i will update again today when i come back from work with another jaeri fanfic for candacess so stay tuned ^^