Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 6

 

Keunsuk halted in mid-step as when saw the two girls lying on the bench. He turned to looked at Siwon & glared at him, “Hey bro, what is the meaning of this? What were you planning on doing? What have you gotten yourself into?” Siwon sighed in exasperation, “It’s not what you think. These two girls just fainted. I know them. I went with Sunny to find Tiffany & Tiffany fainted & when Sunny saw her fainted, she fainted, too.” Keunsuk sighed in relief when he heard that & laughed at the image of Siwon with two girls fainting in his midst. He then walked over to Tiffany & felt her forehead. It was burning hot compared to the rest of her body which was frigid cold. He frowned at that & picked her up. Siwon had just picked up Sunny & called out, “We need to bring them to a hospital!” Keunsuk didn’t have to be asked twice since he had felt Tiffany’s forehead, “Let’s bring them to my car. I drove the SUV so they can lie down in each of the back row.”

 

Keunsuk picked up Tiffany’s bags with one hand without releasing his hold on the girl & rushed out with Siwon, running to his car, surprising a flurry of onlookers. Jejung’s back was facing them when they came rushing through. He was busy talking to one of his new professors. When he looked around to see what all the commotion was about, all he could see was two tall water drenched guys carrying two girls, running outside to the parking lot. He thought nothing of it & bid his goodbyes to the professor & walked to his locker with a swarm of girls all around him. As he was walking, the rose pouch that he kept by his side fell. He almost didn’t notice it but a sudden pain in his heart stopped him & he felt that something was wrong. He felt for his side & felt nothing. He quickly stopped & pushed some of girls behind him away as he retraced his footsteps. The pouch lay forgotten a few feet behind him & he hurried over to pick it back up. The knot holding the pouch to his side had apparently loosened & caused it to fall. He patted the dirt off of it & checked inside the bag to count if all the rose petals were still in there. One of the girls who had knocked Tiffany over that morning made her way over to Jejung to grab his pouch, “What is that, Jejung, honey?” She asked, as she tried unsuccessfully to reach for the bag. Jejung quickly brought it out of harm’s reach & raised the hem of his orange affliction enough said plaid shirt to tie the pouch back to his belt loop. Some of the girls swooned at the glimpse of his exposed midriff but Jejung took little notice & care. He had this sinking feeling inside of him that something was wrong but he shook it off, thinking that it was probably because of what had happened between him & Tiffany today.

 

While Jejung was surrounded by girls, Siwon & Keunsuk had their arms full of girl as they rushed to Keunsuk’s white car. With a beep of a button, the car door opened & Siwon placed Sunny in the back seat & sat down with her head on his lap. Keunsuk then put Tiffany in the second seat & laid her down, putting a pillow left by his girlfriend underneath her head. He then fastened the middle seat belt around her body to steady her from falling off the seat since he was going to be driving really fast. Once Tiffany & Sunny were both properly settled, Keunsuk the ignition to his car & zoomed out of sight.

 

While Keunsuk & Siwon were on the way to the hospital, Jejung had finally managed to get himself outside to wait for Keunsuk or Siwon to pick him up. After waiting for about eighteen minutes with girls draped all over him, he frowned & knew that something was up so he called Keunsuk on his iphone 5s, only to receive a message that said that he was currently unavailable. He then called Siwon & received the same message. Luckily for him though, his bodyguards had stuck around after school & took Jejung home in his limousine. Keunsuk called his girlfriend in his car to tell her that he couldn’t make it to go out with her tonight & that he was on the way to the hospital with Siwon right at the moment. He didn’t wait for her to retort & just hung up because he was more concerned for the two unconscious girls right now. He looked behind him in the rearview mirror & saw how Tiffany’s face was still so pale & how Siwon was rubbing Sunny’s arm to give her some warmth. He then proceeded to reach over Tiffany’s seat to do the same thing. Keunsuk smiled briefly. He had never seen his friend this attentive & caring to a girl before, nonetheless two girls.

 

Hearing a siren behind him, he groaned since he went over the speed limit. He slowed the car down, “Hey man, what are you doing?! Why are you slowing down, dude?!” Siwon yelled at Keunsuk, obviously he hadn’t heard the police car behind him. Keunsuk stopped the car & pulled it over to the side of the freeway, out of the lane where cars were zooming past him. He sighed. He didn’t reply to Siwon. He didn’t need to because the police officer walked up to Keunsuk just a few moments later, “Officer, I’m sorry that I was going way over the limit but there are two really sick girls in my car right now & they need medical attention immediately.” Keunsuk explained. The officer looked at Keunsuk & then in the back of the car at the two girls & Siwon who was rubbing the arm of both, Sunny & Tiffany now. He stepped back quickly & took out his gun to point it at Keunsuk.

 

Keunsuk’s eyes nearly bulged out as he raised his arms up into the air. The officer was now sweating. It was his first time using his gun, “With your hands raised in the air, will you & the young man in the back there step out of the vehicle with your hands behind your head & lay on the hood of the car.” “Officer, you have got to be kidding me.” Keunsuk nearly shouted. He couldn’t believe that he would mistake him & Siwon as criminals or offenders. Nonetheless, he & Siwon stepped out of the car with their hands on the back of their heads, “This is ridiculous.” Siwon said, as he scowled & took out his license along with Keunsuk as requested. When the police officer saw the name & id picture on Keunsuk’s license, his eyes widened in shock, “You are Jang Keunsuk? The dj?” Keunsuk smiled & said, “Guilty.” The officer was now obviously embarrassed & flustered, “I’m so sorry Keunsuk-Sshi, if I had known it was you, I wouldn’t have made you get out of your car. Sorry. My family, friends & I just love your show. We listen to it everyday on the radio.” Before the officer could utter another word, Keunsuk held his hand up to stop him, “Sorry officer, there are more important things at hand than me & my job.” He pointed at the girls in his SUV, “These girls are really unconscious right now because they are sick & need to get to the hospital. I wasn’t lying.” The officer blushed red at his mistake, “Sorry. I will make it up to you.” An idea came into his head, “Hey, why don’t I pave the way for you to get to the hospital. You can follow behind me.” The officer was nodding his head, all excited at the prospect of helping out the famous dj, Jang Keunsuk.

 

Keunsuk smiled & thanked the officer before he & Siwon got back inside the car. They arrived at the hospital in record time of three minutes. Usually, it would have taken at least five minutes more but because a siren was blaring in front of him, leading the way, every other car on the freeway had to stop & make way for them. Once they were at the ER parking garage, Keunsuk took Tiffany into his arm while Siwon carried Sunny & they rushed within the sliding doors of the hospital, shocking the people inside. Two nurses & an orderly saw them & ran right over to help them & direct them to the emergency room. They took them to two stretchers & the two girls were put onto either one of them. Then they were wheeled behind some curtains where some uniform doctors & nurses rushed over to inspect them.


Siwon & Keunsuk sighed at the feat that they had just performed. As Tiffany was wheeled inside the curtained area, something in her hand caught Keunsuk’s eye. It looked like a small little pink & white silk bag. She clutched onto it as if it was her life. There was just something so familiar about it but he couldn't quite place it. Before he could figure out what it was, the officer that helped him approached him in the waiting area to tell him to go outside with him to report what had happened in a brief written statement. Keunsuk followed him outside & did as he was told. He then thanked the officer & promised that he would dedicate his next weeks show to him & his friends & family & to the rest of the police department. The officer left with a huge grin on his face. Keunsuk then walked back to where Siwon was standing. Before they could sit down, however, a yell broke through the air. The two guys barely had time to look before a young woman jumped onto Keunsuk’s back & pulled Siwon over to stretch both of their ears. The guys yelled in pain.