Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 64

 

"Miyoung, my most beloved sweet jagiya." Jejung looked in shock at the large screen on the stage supposedly set for him to perform at that back of the park. His voice was strong & clear as he spoke, "I know you can't see me & I know you know that this isn't my real voice. I know how intelligent you are." Jejung laughed on screen, "Miyoung, happy one year anniversary, my love. We truly made it." Jejung continued to stare at himself on the screen. He couldn't remember this, "I wanted to surprises you on our anniversary day with a song, a song that I wrote just for you for this day. This video that I’m about to show along with the song shows us through the years, from the days we were kids to the people we are today. We have been through a long journey to get to where we are today."

 

Tiffany heard him laugh again, "I just want to let you know & let the world know just how much I love & treasure you & just how much I need you in my life. I love you so much, Miyoung. With this song, I hope that you know just how much you are needed in order for me to breathe strongly each day." Jejung, on screen, smiled brightly.

 

Jejung could only look up at the screen transfixed as the music started playing.

 

Jejung stared at the pictures & homemade videos that were shot of him & Tiffany throughout the years. He saw himself as a little boy giving this girl a piggy back ride. He saw them, hand in hand, walking towards the park. He saw him crying with her as he kneeled down to apply ointment to her cuts & bruises. He saw the rose pouches that they both carried faithfully & how they played with each other. There was a video of the two of them seeing a shooting star & closing their eyes, clasping their hands to make a wish. Then the scenes changed & went to the year in college that they had had together. He saw the times when Tiffany wasn’t blind & how they would just stare endlessly into each others' eyes, showing their love for each other.

 

Then there was a scene where she was blind & touching his face, memorizing him. He had kissed her palm as she did so & then there were pictures of their wedding, of their vows & an overenthusiastic Jejung. He saw himself crying as he watched Tiffany perform her song for him. He saw himself bounding up onto the stage afterwards, kissing her deeply, showing how proud he was of her. There were videos of them cheering each other on as Tiffany went to the cooking competition & him in the concerts. The last scene shot was of the two of them together in each other's arm. Tiffany was leaning against his chest on the bench in roses park. They were at the base of the apple tree where Jejung had carved their initials. Jejung had his arms around her, with one hand splayed over her belly as he read to her from a book. They then laughed at something Jejung said & the song ended.

 

Jejung had watched the entire clip without even blinking. He stared at the screen in shock, disbelieving what he had just saw. Tiffany held her breath. Her heart was overcome with emotions as she remembered the last line of the song, ‘I will become your sky now’. Jejung finally got out of his daze & turned to looked at Seohyun who had wide open, "What the heck is this?!" He asked angrily, eyes blazing. Tiffany’s breath came back as she realized that he didn't remember, "You have no need for me to hold onto your hand any longer. Thank you for the beautiful song, Jaejoong Oppa." As she remembered the paper stars she had given him, she whispered, "I wish that Oppa will become a famous singer & let him always be happy."

 

She felt it before she even said her last word to her wish. The sound reverberated through the park. The hair on the back of Jejung’s neck standing up as he froze as he heard the sound of a gun being fired. He looked towards Tiffany again. Tiffany cried out softly as she felt the bullet pierce through her shoulder blade & started falling. It was as if his whole life was falling before his eyes. His mind suddenly cleared up & the dormant part of his brain opened up again, bringing back the memories that were always so precious to him. They came back & were restored in an instant. He started running towards her. A second shot was fired & Jejung screamed out in mortal agony as if the shot had hit him too, "Miyoung!" He ran towards her. Tiffany felt the second bullet go through her hips & she fell to the ground in a heap, blood flowing from various wounds. Jejung was at her side in a second & held her close. Tiffany smiled at his touch, "Oppa." It was hard for her to make out the words, "Oppa. I love you." She reached a hand up to touch his cheek, leaving a bloody streak behind. Her eyes closed & as her hand started falling, she felt the ring slip from her finger & fall to the ground but there was nothing she could do about it.


Jejung gasped & took her hand, only to feel his own ring slip from his finger as her blood stained his hands. The two rings fell just as his heart fell. Just three minutes ago, he didn't think that he could ever cry for this woman but now, he wept in deep sorrow as he felt the warmth of her body leave, "No, you can't leave me. I love you, I love you so much. You can't leave me alone." He lifted her up & ran with her. As he got to the place where their rose pouches lay, he anxiously picked up the rose petals, placing them back within the pouches. He didn't let a single one escape but even though he had every single rose petal back in the pouches, he knew that he had failed her. He had failed to protect her. He had failed in his promises.

 

A/N: alright, no more suffering for tiffany as i'm getting on your guys bad side, hehehe ^^