Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 60

 

It has been a week since Jejung had stay in the hospital & a week since Tiffany had moved back to their now big & empty house with only Sunny there to be her constant comforting pillar. As they both headed towards the hospital to visit Jejung once again, Tiffany’s mouth moved in a word of silent prayer that Jejung would be able to remember her today & all would be okay but as she got to their room, her face fell & she felt Sunny stiffen as they heard a lot of laughter coming from inside the room. Jejung’s laugh was distinct amongst the crowd of girls surrounding his bed. Sunny pursed her light pink lips & tried not to be angry but she couldn’t put on a happy face for him. She rapped loudly at the door.

 

Jejung stopped laughing & smiled as he spotted Sunny, “Hey Sunny, what’s up? Is Siwon out there with you?” Tiffany stepped into view from behind Sunny & Jejung’s smile turned into a frown, “What is she doing here?” He had an arm around the shoulders of two girls, Boa & Seohyun, while the other three sat all around his bed. Seohyun glared at Tiffany even though she knew very well that Tiffany wouldn’t be able to see her, “Yeah, what are you doing here? Didn’t you get the divorce papers that I sent to you on behalf of Jejung Oppa?” Tiffany bit her lower light pink lips & grimaced at the word divorce, “I...I don’t want a divorce from Jaejoong Oppa.” Sunny put her arms around Tiffany’s shaking shoulders & hugged her, “Of course, the two of you aren’t going to get a divorced. Jejung Oppa wouldn’t have it, would you?” Sunny asked, staring directly at Jejung.

 

He sighed, “Honestly & truthfully, I really don’t know this woman. I just can’t imagine myself shackled to this blind pregnant woman for the rest of my life. I mean, I have a life too, you know? I have my whole singing career still going & in a few years, I’m set to take over my father’s seat in Kim incorporated.” Sunny gasped, “How could you say that to Tiffany?” A tear slipped from Tiffany’s eye, “It’s okay, Sunny. I understand.” She couldn’t bear to face Jejung any longer & turned around to feel for the door. Jejung couldn’t help but smirk at her lack of sight. Although it also made him think that if it was true that he was once in love with this woman. He searched inside his mind but just couldn’t remember her. He remembered everyone else, even Sunny, whom he supposedly met through her but all he knew about Sunny was that she was Siwon, his best friend’s, girlfriend aka fiance.

 

Seohyun & Boa’s hold on him tightened which brought him back to reality. He looked up to see Sunny & Tiffany leaving. Tiffany turned back around & placed her hand between the door & it’s hinge. She & Sunny but grimaced as the door closed on her hand. Sunny quickly took her hand to touch it lightly. She winced again, as she saw the redness & the imprint of the door around her hand. Tiffany didn’t pay her hand any heed as she looked back at Jejung. Jejung held a look of surprises. It was almost as if she could see him but that couldn’t be true, he knew it, “I will be back to see you later, Oppa.” She then turned around to leave again, as Sunny rubbed her hand lightly, trying to soothe it as much as possible, “We will go find Siwon Oppa on the fifth floor. Let’s take the elevator okay?” Her voice drowned out as the door came closer & closer to shutting all the way.

 

As the door closed behind them, he smiled at all the females around him, “You all must be tired being here with me all day, cramped up inside this hospital room.” All the girls protested, “No, it’s not tiring at all.” Boa said, “In fact, I’m so happy that you are soon to be single again. We have really missed the fun loving Jejung.” Jejung nicked her cheek affectionately & winked at her, “I can’t wait to be freed of that woman & be able to date you again.” All the other girls pouted & asked about themselves. He replied what they wanted to hear & promised to see to all of them once he was out of the hospital.

 

As they were talking, a sudden loud explosion could be heard within the hospital. The girls all screamed & hugged onto Jejung for support. Jejung frowned but kept his cool as he reached a free hand to call for a nurse. A frantic nurse came rushing in, “I’m sorry Mr. Kim, but a bomb of some sort just exploded in the elevator & there were some people hurt.” The nurse couldn’t continue any longer as Sunny suddenly came rushing in, tears streaming down her face, “Oppa, you have got to come quick. Tiffany’s in trouble.”

 

Tiffany felt as if a thousand of knives had been stabbed into her abdomen as blood flowed from her wounds. Shards of metal from the elevator had embedded itself on her legs & upper torso. She vaguely heard the people around her that also were wailing in pain. It was then that she remembered Sunny pushing her down & away from the elevator & then the explosion happened. She weakly called out her name, “Sunny, where are you?!” But there was no answer. As she tried getting up, pain racked through her body. Her stomach hurted really badly. Tears coursed down her cheeks as she tried feeling for her baby. It was then that she realized that she was starting to have contractions. She shook her head.

 

Two male nurses reached down & lifted Tiffany up onto a stretcher effortlessly, “No, it’s too early. My baby’s coming too soon. It’s one month early.” A doctor soon came rushing towards her, “Calm down, miss. It will be okay.” They started heading towards an operating room. It was then that Sunny suddenly came back with Jejung in tow. She had had to literally pull him away from those girls over there. As he came to a stop in front of the operating room, he flung Sunny’s hands away, “What’s wrong with you?” Sunny gasped & slapped him across the face, hard. His head whipped to the other side. He glared at Sunny only to see her glare a dozen daggers of fire at him, “You promised her. You promised to be with her as she delivered your baby.” She pointed at the operating room door, “That’s why you need to be in there now.”

 

Jejung just scoffed, “You are crazy.” He started walking back to his room. Sunny got in front of him again, “You promised Oppa.” She cried, frustrated tears for her friend, “Even though you can’t remember her you can’t break your promise.” Jejung flung her hands away again, “I don’t even know her & you are asking me to go inside & see this woman birth a baby.” He laughed, “I’m not Siwon. I’m not trained to be a doctor. I don’t need to see this & you can’t make me. Now, leave me alone. I’m getting a really big headache.” Sunny could only stare after him with wide opened. This was a side of Jejung that she had never thought that she would see, not after the wedding vows he & Tiffany had shared. As she looked at the closed door of the operating room, she remembered how happy Tiffany & Jejung were on their wedding day. They were the ultimate couple. Even she had envied them. As she lowered her head & bent down in a crouched position to cry, she felt a pair of arms envelope her from behind. She buried her head on his shoulder as she always did.

 

“I don’t want to marry anymore, Siwon Oppa. I don’t want us to end up like them. I couldn’t bear it.” They had been talking about marriage for the past month or so but Siwon had still not officially proposed due to all the events that had happened in the past week, “I understand how you are feeling but you can’t base them on us.” He pulled her away from him to wipe away her tears, “I promise you that all will be well. I have faith that all will be well & on that day that you realize it, we will be married.” Sunny hiccupped & nodded, “Right now, I’m just worried about Tiffany. She is so unstable now, physically & emotionally.” Siwon gasped & looked her up & down, “That’s right. I heard that you & Tiffany had been part of the bomb explosion. I came running here as soon as I found out.” He checked her & found some minor scrapes but that was all. Their hearts stopped as a sudden piercing scream came from inside the operating room.


Tiffany cried out loud from within, “Jaejoong Oppa!” She yelled, but to no avail. The person she most wanted next to her was nowhere in sight. The doctor had already asked the nurse to go find him but he just wouldn’t come to see his wife, “Okay, give one more push. I can see it’s head. One more push & it will be out.” Tiffany screamed again, as she bit her lips & pushed again, sweat pouring from her forehead & body. The baby came out into the doctor’s awaiting hands, “You did it, Mrs. Kim. You have got a healthy baby boy.” Tiffany smiled contentedly for the first time in the past week. The nurse cut the umbilical cord & the baby started crying. It was the most beautiful sound that she had ever heard but as soon as her happiness came, she suddenly felt another pain rack through her abdomen. She cried from the fierce pain of it. Her heavy breathing brought the doctor’s attention back to her. He felt her abdomen & grinned widely as he felt the distinct kicking of another baby inside, “Congratulations, Mrs. Kim. You have twins.”