Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 56

 

Jejung got into bed & pulled Tiffany into his embrace as he leaned down to wash the wounds & then apply the cotton swab of ointment on her cuts. As soon as the salve was put on, he blew lightly at the application. When he was done, he hugged her close & whispered into her ear, “I love you, you know that, right?” Tiffany nodded, smiling brightly once again, “I love you, too.” Jejung combed her hair with his fingers, untangling it gently. Then he leaned away to plant a kiss on her belly, pressing his ear against it. Tiffany took one of his hands to place it over it as well. He grinned cheekily as he felt the baby kicking against it. He pressed another kiss to her belly, “Now, stop kicking, child. Don’t hurt your mommy anymore. She’s already been through a rough night because your father has been very naughty.”

 

Tiffany giggled. The kicking immediately stopped & Jejung looked up at Tiffany in surprises, “He stopped.” Tiffany said, shocked as well. She reached out her hands to touch Jejung’s face, feeling that he was just as surprised as her, “He listens to his daddy.”


“What makes you think the baby is a boy? I believe that it’s a girl. She is going to turn out just like her mommy & be the most beautiful baby girl in the world.” Tiffany laughed. Her laugh was like music to his ears. After all her tears, it was wonderful to her laugh, “I love our child as well, whether it is a boy or girl.” Tiffany stopped laughing & touched his face again, “So serious.” She said. Jejung raised himself up again, to place his arms around her, making her lean against him comfortably, “I could never hate you, you know that? Don’t ever think for a moment that I would hate you. No matter what, I would love you forever, just like I promised you those many years ago. Always know that.” Tiffany put his arms around him tighter, “Thank you, Jaejoong Oppa.” With those words, they slept or at least they tried to.

 

They had barely closed their eyes when the phone rang throughout the house. Then Tiffany’s cell phone started ringing & then Jejung’s. Jejung groaned, “Whoever it is, let’s ignore it. Just go back to sleep.” Tiffany was about to agree when the ringing finally stopped but then, they all started to ring again. Tiffany sighed, “I think it’s best if we answered them. Who would call so late? What if something bad happened & it’s an emergency call?” Jejung sighed too, & relented. He grabbed his cell phone from the nightstand table & then handed Tiffany hers, “Hello?” They both asked, “Soo.” Tiffany said, as Jejung growled, “Siwon!” A knock came at the door. Tiffany put her hand over the mouthpiece to say, “Come in.” Yuri came in with the cordless phone from the kitchen, “I’m sorry to bother you, Mr & Mrs. Kim, but it’s miss Lee & she is persistent on speaking with you.”

 

Tiffany smiled & motioned for Yuri to hand the phone to her, “I will take it.” Yuri pressed the phone into Tiffany’s hand. Tiffany took her hand away from the mouthpiece of the cell phone to take the phone, “Hey Sunny, I’m on the phone with Soo right now. Can I call you back?”

 

Sunny yelled so loud into the phone that even Jejung could hear it. He winced at her tone & went back to his conversation with Siwon, “Your girlfriend has some powerful lungs.” Siwon chuckled, “I heard her, too.”

 

“You two are meant for each other. Both calling at the most wrong time. Miyoung needs her sleep. She & the baby both need their rest.” He said, “Okay, I just wanted to see if you & Tiffany were okay. Is she okay?” Jejung sighed, “No, apparently because of my stupidity & lack of judgment, I speed off too quickly & Tiffany ran after me, tripping on the gravel.” He could hear Sooyoung & Sunny’s loud gasps.

 

“Tiffany, are you okay? I knew that you & Jejung Oppa had gotten into a fight but I didn’t know you were injured.” Sunny said worriedly. Sooyoung said something similar to what Sunny just said, “I’m fine. Don’t worry. All is well.” Tiffany yawned. Jejung heard & spoke loudly into his phone, “Did you hear that? Tiffany needs to sleep. She & the baby need their rest.” He repeated again, “Okay, I get the picture but next time, be more smart, buddy.” Jejung laughed, “It’s be smarter, idiot!” Siwon laughed, “Okay, bye.” & they hung up. Jejung sighed & then took the phone that Sooyoung was on, “Hey Soo. Okay, I know. I will take care of her. Don’t worry. Yes, I know. I don’t want to suddenly find myself publicly humiliated wearing women’s clothes as well.”

 

Tiffany stopped her conversation with Sunny when she heard that, “Huh?” She asked, eyebrows knitted together. Jejung looked over at her & smiled, “Okay, will do Sooyoungie. Bye.” He hung up the phone, “Apparently, if I ever dare to hurt you again, Sooyoung & Sunny will team up together & make me, Keunsuk & Siwon get up on a runway, wearing the latest designer fashion for women.” Tiffany’s expression was priceless. Her jaw dropped, “Yeah, that’s right, girl.” Sunny said, over the phone, “We already all agreed so he better be careful. I won’t have you getting hurt again. He’s done that too many times. It’s enough. It stops here.” Jejung nodded his agreement.

 

“Are really sure you want to do this?” Jejung asked, for what seemed to be like the hundredth time that day. Tiffany nodded & sighed but smiled, “Yes.” Jejung helped her out of the house but before he could opened the door to the car, he asked again, “Are you really sure?” Tiffany laughed, “Yes, & no matter how many times you ask, I will always say yes.” She turned around to face him & touched his face & as usual, he covered her hands with his. Tiffany felt the worry lines on his face & smoothed them over, “Pretty soon, you are going to be way too old & wrinkle, Oppa. You worry too much.” Jejung turned her palm over & kissed her hands, “But you will still love me, right?” Tiffany smiled & nodded, “Of course, but I still don’t want to see my handsome husband all wrinkled before his time if I do ever get my sight back.” Jejung’s breath caught. He would love nothing better than for her to regain her sight again, “So, that’s why you need to keep yourself looking good.” “Aw shucks & here, I thought I could quietly grow old.” Jejung said, laughing. Tiffany laughed, too. She took her hands away from his laughing face & hugged him tightly. A tear fell & wetted his charcoal modern fit plaid dress shirt. Jejung stopped laughing & looked down to see her face scrunched up in pain, “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” He brushed the tear away. Tiffany just buried her face within the comfortable cotton of his shirt, “I had that dream again, last night. It was so real that I thought it was real when I woke up this morning but then, I felt your arms around me but still?”

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that I’m not going anywhere. I will always be here for you, Miyoung. You are stuck with me forever & don’t you forget it.” Tiffany shook her head, not believing it. Jejung tipped her head up & smoothed her pale pink lips over with his thumb before bending down to capture her lips with his, silencing her worries. He expressed how much he loved her through his kiss, showing her his passion & care. When he finally allowed her to breathe again, he saw with satisfaction that her face was all flushed. He pinched her cheeks lightly, “They look just like apples.” Tiffany continued to hug him tightly, “Come on, let’s go perform this heartwarming mission of yours.” He placed a kiss on top of her head & then helped her inside the car. They drove for over an hour, talking to each other the whole time. There were lots of laughs & smiles. Every now & then, Jejung would reach over & clasps her hand in his.

 

Finally, they reached a heavily gated complex with guards patrolling everywhere. Jejung rolled down the window as he got to the booth where a guard was, “What can I do you for, sir?” The guard asked.

 

“Hi, I called earlier in the week about arranging a time to see Donggun Seo?” The guard went back inside his booth to take out a clipboard & blinked twice before taking a double look at Jejung & stare, “You are Kim Jejung?” The guard said. Jejung smiled & nodded, “Yes.” The guard quickly ripped off a piece of paper from his clipboard & asked shyly, “Um...would it be possible to get an autograph from you for my daughter, Sanghee? She is one of your biggest fans & has loved you since you started coming out.” Jejung smiled wider, “Of course, I will be honored to.” He addressed a nice short note to Sanghee which made the guard glow with happiness at the thought of his daughter & how elated she would be when she get this, “Thank you so much, sir.” Jejung shook his head, “Think nothing of it. I should thank you & all the other guards & policemen that make this world a much safer place by locking people up like Donggun Seo.” Jejung said. Tiffany who was smiling before instantly gasped at his words & slapped him on the stomach. Jejung got the wind knocked out of him for a bit at the shock of it. The guard peered in behind Jejung & his eyes grew wide as he saw Tiffany. Jejung & Tiffany’s love story was a really famous one all over asia & he had a very deep respect for the woman who had been through so much. She was a living inspiration in his household as well.


Jejung looked apologetically at the guard, “I’m sorry for my words earlier. Thank you though for your contribution to this society.” The guard nodded & smiled with pride. With a press of a button, the gates opened & Jejung proceeded in & parked in the parking lot. Together, he & Tiffany walked inside the prison to a room where they waited for Donggun to come out. Ever since that fateful day that Sunny had found Tiffany all beaten & battered inside her shack of a home, she had rushed Tiffany to the hospital but at the same time, called police to search for Donggun & lock him up. He was sentenced to only five years in prison because of Tiffany’s kind hearted pleads. The locked barred door opened & Tiffany’s face went up to try & spot where her stepfather was coming in from.