Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 18

 

Jejung opened his mouth wide in shock as he saw Tiffany falling down. He saw the cuts she got & quickly crouched down to sit & pull her into his lap. He reached down to see how bad the abrasions were & was furious & sad to see that they were bleeding quite a bit. With all the people gathered around as witnesses, Jejung took off his navy suede trim logo tee which caused several girls to swoon. He didn’t care. He ripped his shirt in half & used it to carefully wipe as much of the blood away as possible. Seohyun stared with wide open. She didn’t understand why Jejung would help this girl who made him wince in pain. What was it about this girl that made her so special to him? Tiffany bit her lips in pain & each grimace she took forced another knife into Jejung’s heart. When he had wiped as much away as possible, he lifted Tiffany up into his arms & glared at Seohyun, “Do that again, & you are out of this university. Believe me, with me, Sunny & Siwon here, we will for sure be able to force you out.” Seohyun practically fainted at his cold words & fell back into the arms of one of her previous boyfriends who let her go as soon as she hit his arms & Seohyun fell down hard into the mud behind her. She gave a cry as she saw the state she was in & quickly got up. Sunny walked over to her with a glare & said, “Oops, my foot slipped.” She had kicked her upturned as she had scrambled to get up. Seohyun fell back into the mud. Getting up again, she ran to her car & the driver speed away as quickly as possible.

 

The onlookers looked from the speeding car to the famous singer who had a girl in his arms as if it were a tennis match. Jejung ignored everyone but told Siwon to help him get his metal vent tech short sleeve workout shirt from his bag & handed it to him, “Thanks, man.” Siwon gave him the shirt & took his bag while Sunny took Tiffany’s, “See you in class later. We will both be late to our classes so save us seats in the back where we can walk in unnoticed.” Sunny laughed out loud, “Yeah right, Jejung Oppa, I don’t think that you will ever be able to walk into any place unnoticed unless you are in deep camouflage or disguised as someone else.” Siwon laughed along, “She’s got a point there, dude.”

 

Jejung laughed but when he felt Tiffany’s tears on his bare chest, he stopped & just said goodbye to the both of them & left to take her to the university’s hall health. When they finally made the appointment with a startled nurse who just gazed at Jejung in shock, Jejung left with Tiffany still in his arms to wait in the waiting area. He tipped her tearstained face up to look at him, “What’’s wrong now? You know that every time you cry makes my heart break.” He wiped away some of the wetness on her cheeks & kissed her lightly on the forehead. Tiffany willed her tears to go away & spoke shakily, “I just don’t know how right this relationship is.” Before Jejung could say anything, she added quickly, “People don’t like seeing a famous popular good-looking guy with a poor ugly duckling like me. I don’t want people to see you differently or take away your success if you go out with me.”

 

Jejung stared deeply into her eyes & said tenderly as he cupped her face lovingly, “Don’t ever say those words again. I love you & our love is more important to me then anything else. So please don’t say those kind of words to me ever again, unless you want me to lose all sanity & happiness.” Tiffany gasped & put her long finger to his soft, round, plump pink lips to stop him from saying anything more, “Sorry, Oppa, but you better not say anything about being sad or unhappy again. That hurts me, too.” Jejung smiled down at her, “Okay, let’s make a pact & never say those words again.” He held out his pinky & Tiffany laughed as she linked hers with his.

 

“You can let me down now. People walking by are starting to stare at me sitting in your lap.” She blushed & he just laughed, not showing any signed of letting go, “Let me hold you longer.” He gave her one final tight hug & lifted her again, to place her down on the seat next to him. He bent down to check her cuts again, & was pleased to see that they had stopped bleeding. After waiting for five more minutes, a nurse practitioner came out & tended to Tiffany. When she came out again, Jejung tried hard not to laugh as he saw her heavily bandaged knees that made her resemble a hockey player. Tiffany gave him a slight push when she saw his expression, “Hahaha, laugh all you want. Laugh at my misery.” That made Jejung stop laughing right there, “Sorry, your pain is my pain & I know that they do really hurt. It will be uncomfortable for a while.” Tiffany laughed this time & reached up to kiss him on the cheek.


“So serious, come on, lighten up. I really am okay.” She pulled his cheeks & tugged at his arm, “Oh yeah, put on a shirt. It’s starting to get a bit cold.” Jejung did as she said & together, they walked hand in hand slowly back to campus, to their classes. He reluctantly let her go when they reached the courtyard that separated that literary art building from the chemistry one, “See you at lunch okay. Here in the courtyard.” Jejung nodded & Tiffany disappeared into the chem. building & quietly snuck into her class where Sunny had saved a seat for her in the back near the door as promised. No one even noticed that she had come in except for Sunny who looked at her with concern but with Tiffany’s reassuring smile, she relaxed & they got back to lecture.