Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 26

 

With her hand in his & her head on his shoulder, Tiffany felt as if she was in complete bliss as she slow danced with Jejung. It was their romantic night & she hoped that it would never end, “What are you thinking about?” Jejung looked down at the beautiful girl in his arms. Tiffany directed her eyes up to his, “I’m just thinking about how romantic this night has been & how I wish that we could stay that way forever.” Jejung smiled down gently at her & held her close to him once again. He sighed contentedly, “Me, too.” The song ended but they still stayed as they were, swaying along to the music that they heard within themselves. Sunny & Siwon spied them from nearby.

 

“Oh, this is like a dream fantasy for me. I don’t ever want this to end. Please don’t make it end?” Sunny cooed enthusiastically, towards Siwon. He grabbed her in an exaggerated emotional hug, “Oh Sunny, me too. Me, too.” Sunny suddenly pulled away & Siwon pretended to look all shocked with wide eyes, “But wait, Siwon Oppa, my shoes. If we keep on dancing then my feet will suffer & die.” Siwon hugged her close again, smoothing her mid-back length, wavy golden brown hair, “It will be worth it. It will be.” Tiffany & Jejung finally pulled apart & laughed out loud at their outrageous impersonation of them & of the reality of how if they did dance the night away, Tiffany’s feet will indeed kill her because of the michael antonio jaslene black high heels. Jejung went over to give Siwon a healthy slap on the back while Tiffany patted Sunny lightly on the shoulder, “Very funny guys. Very funny.”

 

Yunho chuckled as he walked up to the two couples, “That was indeed very funny, Siwon.” He turned his gaze to Jejung, “Jejung, the press conference will be in five minutes.” Tiffany stiffened beside Jejung, “Sure, I will be there in a second.” They all started to walk towards the press conference room but Tiffany stopped Jejung. He looked at her expectantly. She was playing with her hands & looking down at her feet & took in a deep breath before staring deeply into Jejung’s eyes, “Will it be okay if you don’t mention our relationship to the press yet? It really is fairly new & I don’t want it to ruin anything between us once it goes out in the open.” Jejung smiled, bewildered at what she just said.

 

“Why would that ruin our relationship?”

 

“Well, a lot of people will be upset that you are dating me. It’s just that I don’t want people to judge you or me differently. Let our love be between us for now.” Jejung thought deep & hard. He could tell that this meant a lot to Tiffany. He covered the distance between her & engulfed her in his embrace, “I would rather have it out in the open because I don’t think that we have anything to hide but since this means so much to you, alright. I won’t tell the press about us. You can just be a good friend to me now & the mysterious woman.” Tiffany sighed in relief, “Thanks. That means so much.” She smiled up at him, “But I promise you that when we get back to Seoul & when Keunsuk & Sooyoung come back from their honeymoon a while late that you can expose our relationship to the world through Keunsuk’s show.”

 

“Hey, that’s actually a really good idea. Why not tell the world through friend, huh? You really are a smart woman.” He gazed at her adoringly, “Besides, Keunsuk has always asked me about my rose pouch & I guess this will be his chance to finally know what it means & what’s inside it.” Tiffany squeezed him tightly.

 

“Your agreement has taken a huge weight off of my chest.” Jejung patted her on the back, “For you, I will do anything.” He tugged her hand, “Now, come on, there’s a press conference we need to get to.”

 

Tiffany linked her arm with his & they walked respectively into the press conference room where she headed towards Sunny & Siwon somewhere in the back of the room. Jejung headed towards the table in the front where Yunho was waiting & sat down next to him. Flashes of cameras were seen as Jejung started his speech. As he started talking, Tiffany suddenly felt a wave of dizziness go through her. She swayed a bit & put a hand to her forehead. This didn’t go unnoticed by Sunny who quickly grabbed onto her, “Are you okay?” She asked worriedly. Jejung had also seen what happened & faltered but with a shaky smile from Tiffany, he ventured onward, “I’m fine. Just feeling a bit woozy. Probably from the wine we had at dinner. I told you that I can’t drink.”

 

Sunny searched her eyes to see if she really was okay, “I’m just going to head towards the restroom where I can splash some cold water on my face. That should wake me up a bit.”


“Do you want me to go with you?” Tiffany shook her head, “No, when Jejung Oppa sees that I’m gone, he will get worried so you can tell him that I just went to the bathroom.” Siwon looked at Tiffany, “The restrooms in this building aren’t finished yet, so you have to go back to either the resort hotel to your room’s bathroom or the one at the lobby of the hotel.” Tiffany nodded, “Thanks for the information. I will see you guys in a bit.” They nodded.


To her dismay, the sky had already grown dark outside & stars were seen winking down at her. Tiffany touched her rose pouch through her dress which was hidden underneath. She made her way towards the hotel building but before she was even halfway there, three men dressed & masked in black ski outfits jumped right out of nowhere & surrounded her. Tiffany screamed but it was drowned out by the wind outside & from the sudden applauses from the dance/karaoke hall. One of the men covered while the other two helped carry her towards a secluded place behind the dumpsters. Once there, they threw her on the ground & smiled at her wickedly.