Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 48

 

The reverend in the front asked, “Who’s giving this woman away?” Sooyoung smiled widely & said, “I am.” & with that, Jejung reached out & took Tiffany’s hands & led her to face him. He whispered softly to her, “I love you.” Tiffany smiled & mouthed back, “I love you, too.” Jejung was basically caught up with staring at his bride that he didn’t hear almost anything that the reverend had said but Siwon nudged him when they got to the important part, “Do you, Jejung Kim Jaejoong, take Tiffany Hwang Miyoung to be your lawfully wedded wife in sickness & in health till death do you part?” Jejung grinned & said loud & clear, “I do!” Everyone laughed at his enthusiasm, “& do you, Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, take Jejung Kim Jaejoong to be your lawfully wedded husband in sickness & in health till death do you part?” Tiffany nodded & breathed out, “I do.” Jejung’s heart felt like bursting with joy at those two simple words.

 

Siwon brought out the two rings & after they were both slipped onto each other’s finger, Jejung stepped forward & was about to kiss Tiffany when the reverend cleared his throat. Jejung backed away, blushing at the reverends teasing stare, “Not yet, my child.” He put his hands in the air, “& now, with the power vested in me by the lord in heaven, I now pronounce you husband & wife.” He looked at Jejung, “You may now kiss the bride.” Jejung leaned into Tiffany while she was laughing & gripped her head in his hands gently as he coaxed open & kissed her deeply. The wedding guests all applauded & cheered for them, happy with their union.

 

When they finally pulled apart, Jejung her cheek lovingly, “Hi, my sweet wifey.” Tiffany smiled & pecked him on the lips again, “Hi, my sweet hubby.” It was a wedding to remember. The press tried unsuccessfully to get into the wedding but there were professional photographers & cameramen there that were good friends of Jejung so their work would be shown to the public on the morrow after they gave them to the newspaper, magazine & broadcasting companies. Tiffany & Jejing were both ushered to change into traditional Korean wedding clothes before they went for the dinner reception. After some good wedding games, Tiffany suddenly stood up from her seat at the table & tapped her glass with her spoon, surprising even Jejung who was right next to her. She looked down at him, “I have a gift for my husband & I would like to take this time to give it to him to profess just how much I love him.” Jejung looked at her in awe, wondering what it could be.

 

Sunny & Sooyoung went to her aid & led her up to the mic set up in the front & with a snap of their fingers, Jejung’s band suddenly got up from their seats & produced instruments & sound equipment from the bridal changing room. Sunny & Sooyoung, both gave Tiffany a hug for luck. The lead guitarist tapped Tiffany on the shoulder, motioning that he was going to start & Tiffany nodded, although she was shaking with nervousness at what she was about to do.

 

Jejung continued to stare at her with wide eyes. Tiffany looked in the direction where Jejung was, “As you all know, Jaejoong Oppa has been singing to me ever since I met him eighteen years ago. His beautiful songs have always touched my heart & now, I hope to touch his with this song that I wrote for him called one step. Oppa, Saranghaeyo.”

 

‘Tell me of a love that’s like a dream

You’re feeling it too

I know you had many reasons why you couldn’t say

 

It’s alright, love that’s felt for the first time

Won’t be easy for both of us

But they are precious days that we will go through together

 

Because I can see you again

Laughter keeps seeping out

We waited for such a long time

We did, you and I

 

Thank you for helping me find my lost smile

And making my dull heart feel overwhelmed again with your warm smile

When I am tired and falling down

 

Because I can hold you again

Tears keep falling down

I was very lonely but I hope we can walk together

Step by step

 

Now that we can be together

Tears keep falling down

This was what we really wanted

We did – let’s be together forever’

 

People all around Jejung gasped with shock at the sound of her beautiful melodic voice. It stole its way into everyone’s hearts & captivated their undivided attention. Jejung’s eyes misted over at the notes of the song. He didn’t care if anyone saw how much he cried for her. She was the only one that could make him cry with tears of joy or sadness. Beaming up at her nonetheless, Jejung continued to cry with all the pent up emotion he was feeling at that moment. His shoulders shook with his current feelings. The cameras caught every angle & emotion printed on his face. The wedding guest held their breaths to see the finale of the song & couldn’t help but feel a tear come to their own eyes. It was by far one of the most beautiful moments that anyone had ever witnessed.


Tiffany wished very badly that she could see at that moment, to see what Jejung’s expression was like & how everyone else was reacting but all she could do was carry on with her song, praying that her voice was still true & that she will not suddenly go tone death. When she finished, silence ensued & Tiffany could only hear the loud beating of her heart that moment. Someone started clapping & Tiffany could swear that it was Keunsuk, then another & soon, the whole dining room burst into applause, people getting up & giving her a standing ovation. Jejung leapt from his seat & bounded towards her as fast as he could & took her face in his hands & pressed his lips against hers for a mindblowing breathtaking kiss. Tiffany felt the moisture on his cheeks & smiled against his kisses. When he pulled away, he pressed his forehead close to hers, “Thank you for the beautiful song. I love you, too.” Jejung wiped away the tear that had formed & kissed the corner of her eye. Their wedding rings glinted on their ring fingers, from the lighting, binding them together for eternity as they kissed again.

 

A/N: stay tuned to another one of my next yunri fanfic ^^

btw, i'm sorry i wasn't able to update yesterday since i went to sacramento to do this job thingy but i will try to update as much as i can for the whole day today <3