Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 11

 

Jejung was driving the girl beside him home. He wrinkled his tall, sharp nose with disgusts as he smelled her perfume. It was way too ripe & didn’t turn him on at all. He hadn’t wanted to take her home but she had insisted & he wasn’t one to turn people away. She purred against his shoulder, “So, Jejung honey, would you like to come over to my house & stay for a bit?” Jejung stopped his black lamborghini immediately at those words & at the touch of her long fingers had opened a few buttons to his grape purple linen-cotton two pocket shirt. Seohyun, who hadn’t been wearing her seatbelt was thrown against the windshield. She banged her head a bit at the hard glass.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry...um, what’s your name again?” Seohyun stared at him with hurt in her black, almond-shaped eyes. She pouted as she rubbed the bump that was slowly forming on the top of her head, “It’s Seohyun.” She said. She tried to put her head on his shoulder to ease the pain but felt only air as he got out of the car. She sighed & frowned. She then followed him out of the car & looked at their surroundings, “Wow, isn’t this park owned by your family?” Jejung smiled as he looked around the park. He hadn’t been here for a long time. Without answering the infuriating girl, he just walked around the park. He remembered the first time he had been there. It was nowhere as beautiful as it was now.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Jaejoong Oppa, you are so slow.” A giggling girl said, as she squeezed her arms around his neck a bit tighter. She laughed as he pretended to get tired. He swerved left & right & pretended to fall & drop the girl on his back at some intervals, “Stop, you better not drop me or else I will tickle you until you cry.” The little boy laughed at her words & reached behind him to tweak her nose, “Complain even more & I will leave you right here.” Miyoung held on tighter & said softly, “No, please don’t?” Jaejoong felt guilty then at her sad words, “Don’t worry, I will never leave you alone. Even when I’m not with you, I will never leave you.” Miyoung tilted her head to the side, not quite understanding what he meant but she quickly dismissed it. Jaejoong said that he would never leave her & that was enough. He carried her on his back until they reached a run down park that was in between their two different homes, “Oppa, put me down now. Let’s stop here.” He let go of her gently & together, they stared at the sad looking state of the park, “It could be so beautiful here.” She said softly.

 

Jaejoong looked around the overgrown & old park, not quite understanding where her imagination came from. She pointed out places where there could be a playground & a garden of roses, “& there.” She said, pointing to a place near the middle of the old park, “It would be so beautiful if you could put a little separate gated place there that can be a small secret garden where there is a treehouse & flowers growing &.” She went on & on about what they could do to this park & he smiled at how wonderful & beautiful her imagination must be. An idea came to his head & he smiled secretively.


“Come on Miyoung, let’s get you home.” His face darkened at his next words, “We don’t want you to get back too late.” Miyoung quickly stopped her thinking right there, nervous at what could happen if she did make it home one minute late, “Come on. Hop onto the Jaejoong Piggy Back Ride Express.” Miyoung giggled & didn’t need to be asked twice to climb onto his back. Together, they chatted their whole way home. When they finally arrived at her run down shack, he made sure that she made it in safely & got into bed before reluctantly leaving.

 

When he got home, he ran straight to his parents & told them about his planned. A month later, Jaejoong grinned from ear to ear as he waited for Miyoung outside her house. He didn’t wait for her to say anything before grabbing onto her hand & ran with her. For a month, he had been taking Miyoung home in different routes. When they finally reached the park in question, Miyoung gasped at what she saw. Tears of joy came to her eyes as she took the whole park in.

 

For that month, he had gotten his parents to hired contractors & workers to design the park for him & her. They had also made a little gated garden in the middle of the park. It was covered with ivy & flowers from top to bottom. People wouldn’t really see what it was, they would just see four hedges that were connected to form some kind of box. Jaejoong took out two keys & walked with the shocked girl to the tall hedges. He put the key in between three flowers & a lock unlocking was heard. He pulled open the door to the hedge & Miyoung nearly collapsed with awe at that point.

 

Within that place, there was a rose garden of near a thousand pink roses. In the center of the garden was a peach tree where a big white tree house with yellow t sat on top of it. There was a rope ladder that led up to the top. Jaejoong grinned at the sight of his friend, “It’s all ours Miyoung. I told my parents about your idea & they decided to go with it. Do you like it?” Miyoung could only nod happily as she finally averted her gaze to the boy. She threw her arms around his neck & cried tears of happiness, “It’s just like in my dreams except better. Thank you Oppa.” Jaejoong patted her on the back & took her over to the rope ladder. He helped her up it & climbed behind her, making sure that she wouldn’t fall.

 

They finally reached the treehouse door & Miyoung pushed it open to go inside. It smelled of roses & inside was an area for lounging. There was a bookcase on one end with activities & there was a radio in the corner plus many cushions & blankets on the floor that served as a seating area. There were also two chairs & a table near the door, “It’s really ours?” Miyoung asked in disbelief, “Yeah, it is only our secret place. No one else will know about it since only me & you would have the key.” He quickly rephrased his words, “Well, my parents & people who designed & built the place will know about it but they will never be able to get into it again.” Miyoung just hugged Jaejoong close to her, thanking him with all her heart.

 

Throughout the year, they will constantly go to the treehouse & just spend time together. It was their own little secret.

 

*End of Flashback*


Jejung’s eyes glistened with tears as his memory ended. He stared at the four hedges that grew together & made his way towards it. He reached underneath the hem of his shirt & untied his rose pouch. He felt inside & found the key he was looking for. Seohyun stumbled behind him which made him remember that he had an unwanted visitor. He quickly pocketed his key again. He told Seohyun to go back to the car & wait for him. Seohyun tried to protests but she did as she was told. When she was back in the car again, & busy inspecting herself in the mirror, he gave one last glance at the hedge. He was about to leave with the annoying girl when the hidden door within the hedges opened. A tearstained, tired young woman with long hair made her way out. She & Jejung’s eyes met & they just stared at each other.