Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 32

 

True to his words, Jejung got up bright & early & drove straight to Tiffany’s house after grabbing a energy bar on his way out. He smiled & hummed to himself as he looked forward to seeing his precious Miyoung again. In no time at all, he screeched to a halt in front of her house & literally jumped out of his car, feeling high spirited as he rang the doorbell. Inside the house, a muttered curse was heard as the ringing drove Donggun out of his slumber.

 

Tiffany kept on apologizing to her stepfather as she gathered her things & headed outside the door where a smiling Jejung was waiting, “Who is it girl?! Who would be so cruel to wake someone up at this awful hour?!” Donggun grumbled, from his bedroom as he scuffled across the room to reach the front door. When he spotted Jejung, his expression changed into one of obvious delight & for a moment, he became all flustered, noting how scruffy & unkempt he looked in the morning. He bowed down politely to Jejung. Jejung frowned & wrinkled his nose at the man. It was five in the morning but according to his sources, Donggun should be up & going to work soon, too. He started work at the market at eight.

 

Jejung smiled politely at Donggun & held out his hand to shake it which Donggun took into his hold to shake it vigorously as he always did, “Hi, I’m sorry to have disturbed you from your sleep. I was just so excited to see Tiffany that I didn’t think to knock lightly instead.” Jejung tossed a fond look in Tiffany’s direction & she beamed a smile back at him. Donggun started to laugh nervously, “Ah, it’s really my fault. I should be up anyway. Forgive me Mr. Kim, if I have offended you in any way.” Jejung shook his head, “Please call me Jejung? Mr. Kim is the title that people give my father & grandfather, not me.”

 

“Jejung it is then.” Donggun looked at his stepdaughter, “Why don’t you offer Mr...I mean, Jejung-Sshi for a cup of coffee or tea. Where are your manners?” Before Tiffany could say anything, Jejung interjected, “No, that’s alright. I wouldn’t want Miyoung to be all miss manner in front of me. She’s wonderful just as she is.” Tiffany smiled nervously back at her stepfather. Jejung took her hand & squeezed it gently, letting her feel more of a sense of calm, “We should really get going, wouldn’t want Miyoung to be late for work now, would we?” Tiffany looked at him weirdly. Since when did he care if she was late to work or not? Whenever they were together, he would try to get her out of work. Jejung squeezed her hand again, indicating her not say anything. Donggun bowed down to Jejung again, & held the door open & stretched his arm out, “Thank you for coming, M...Jejung-Sshi. Please drive carefully.” He waved enthusiastically from the house as Jejung opened the passenger side door for Tiffany. Once they were out of earshot from Donggun & the house, Jejung sighed heavily, “Finally, we are alone. Your stepfather sure seems to have changed his identity almost. He is way too cheerful it seems.” Tiffany giggled, “That’s because he likes you. You are the rich guy. Everyone likes rich guys.” Jejung put his arm around her to plant a kiss on her cheek with one eye still on the road for a second, “I don’t care about riches & stuff like that. I don’t want to be labeled as a rich guy. Just as long as you like the me inside & not my title then all will be fine.”

 

Tiffany slapped his arm away, “Keep both hands on the steering wheel Mr. Kim, & both eyes on the road or…”


“Or else what, Miyoung?” Jejung said, with a smile, “Or...Or...Or else I won’t let you touch me again, today which means no close contact at all & definitely no kisses.” Jejung practically stopped the car right there in the middle of the road, “What did you just say? No way. If that happened, I will surely die.” He said dramatically, & put a hand to his chest. Tiffany laughed, “Well, drive more carefully than.” Jejung gave a salute, “Yes, madam.” Tiffany sighed, “Both hands on the steering wheel.” She said again.

 

When they finally reached the restaurant & parked in a space, Jejung unbuckled his & Tiffany’s seatbelts to pull her over for a long passionate kiss. When they finally pulled apart, Tiffany opened her eyes slowly to find Jejung’s loving eyes on hers, “I missed you so much last night.” He whispered, “It was so hard waking up without having you by my side.” Tiffany touched his face gently & kissed the tip of his nose before rubbing his with hers, “Silly, Jaejoong Oppa. We can’t always be together. Seems to me that you need to get more independent, too.” Jejung laughed, “Me? Let me tell you missy, that I’m as independent as they come but I’m not when it comes to you.” He added softly. He pulled her to him for another kiss but before he could touch her lips with his, a knock sounded on his window.

 

“Ahem, this is a restaurant parking lot for respectable people. Please leave your coddling someplace else.” Tiffany blushed profusely & buried her face in Jejung’s shoulder at the glimpse of the intruder of their privacy. Jejung groaned & glared at the intruder as he pulled down his window. Keunsuk & Sooyoung smiled at them from the outside, hand in hand, “Hey man, you couldn’t have picked a worse timing. I was just about to get me some.” Tiffany gasped & smacked her boyfriend hard on the shoulder. At the same time, Sooyoung had also reached inside the car to do the same thing to his other shoulder. Jejung winced lightly at the impact & smiled sheepishly at Tiffany.

 

“I’m sorry, it’s a guy thing. I didn’t mean to make it sound in a bad sense. Allow me to rephrase it.” Jejung looked back at Keunsuk. He grinned mischievously, “Tiffany was about to plant some sugar on me but you ruined it.” Tiffany gasped again, & shook her head. She caught Sooyoung’s eyes & nodded at her hint. Before Jejung could react, Sooyoung & Tiffany, both took something out of their pockets & sprinkled sugar all over Jejung’s mouth. Tiffany used her hand to spread as much as she could over his lips. Sooyoung then took out a water bottle from her apron & handed it over to Tiffany. While Jejung was still in a state of shock, she pour some water into her hand & spread it across his now sugary mouth.

 

“There, now, I have planted some sugar on you.” Keunsuk guffawed at the sight of his friend. He held a digital camcorder in his hand. He had recorded everything. Jejung choked on the sugar, making its way down his throat. Sooyoung reached in to thump his back hardly until he finally held up his hands in surrender, “Okay, okay, I’m sorry. I will be good with my words from now on.” He shot Keunsuk a look, “Be careful with this fiance of yours. She’s scary.” Keunsuk shook his head, “No, she’s not. She’s just perfect the way she is, not scary at all.” Tiffany laughed at the sight of her boyfriend. Giving in on her impulse, she kissed him lightly on the lips, tasting the sweetness that had nothing to do with the sugar water.

 

“Aw, how sweet.” Sooyoung remarked, “Well Jejung, you got your sugar literally & metaphorically.” Jejung smiled back widely in agreement, “So, why are you guys out here together anyway?”

 

“Well, we heard this old couple inside the restaurant talking about spotting the famous Kim Jejung kissing some beautiful girl inside a car & we just had to come out & see if that was true.” Keunsuk tsked, “I would have thought that you would have been more private with your relationship.” Jejung actually blushed at those words along with Tiffany, “It’s just that I missed Tiffany so much.” Sooyoung & Keunsuk looked at each other knowingly, “Okay, well, we also wanted to find you two to talk about something.”

 

Sooyoung opened Tiffany’s car door & she got out but as soon as she stepped out of the car, a wave of dizziness overcame her & Tiffany tumbled a bit. If it weren’t for Sooyoung steadying her, she might have collapsed. Tiffany blinked several times & shook her head slightly to clear her mind a bit. Jejung was out of the car & beside Tiffany in an instant. He looked at her worriedly, “Are you okay, sweetheart?” Tiffany managed a smile, “It’s nothing. I just didn’t get enough sleep last night.”

 

Keunsuk suddenly gave a small laugh & pounded his friend on the shoulder, “Seems like she missed you just as much last night, too.” Jejung smiled in understanding & in obvious bliss at the knowledge that Tiffany had had trouble sleeping because she missed him, too. Tiffany nodded her head, even though she herself knew that the dizziness wasn’t all due to because she didn’t get enough sleep because she missed her Jaejoong Oppa last night. Sooyoung rubbed her hands, giving her some of her warmth, “Well, I hope that you are up & ready for today because I’m giving you authorization for a day off work.”

 

Tiffany looked at her boss & friend incredulously. Sooyoung smiled warmly back at her & patted her hand, “It’s nothing really but today is the day when Keunsuk Oppa & I are trying on our wedding attire & take our pictures. Since I have already made you & Jejung our maid of honor & best man, you have to come & try on the clothes & take pictures with us as well.” Tiffany laughed, relieved that it didn’t mean that she was going to be fired or something like that. Although, she chastised herself inwardly for she knew that Sooyoung would never do that.

 

Tiffany gasped again, as she took in what Sooyoung just said. She pointed to herself, “You wanted me to be your maid of honor?” Sooyoung laughed & nodded, “I just said you, didn’t I? & no, you cannot back out. My choice is final.” Tiffany knew that there was no way that she could talk Sooyoung out of it. She nodded.


“Sure, I will go with you.” Sooyoung clapped her hands in glee, “Yay, this is going to be the most perfect wedding ever. Siwon & Sunny are going to be our groomsman & bridesmaid. They are already at the wedding boutique. Our parents were so overjoyed at how well they are getting along right now after the ski trip.” Keunsuk looked at his friend with a big smile, “We always did say that whoever marries first, the other would have to be the best man remember?” Jejung nodded, “I wouldn’t have it any other way but I beg to differ with Sooyoung on the most perfect wedding because the most perfect wedding will be mine & Tiffany’s.”