Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 47

 

Finishing up his song, he bowed down to his fans, “I would now like to take this time to introduce you all & everyone who is listening or watching to the person who has inspired so much in me. Miyoung, could you please come up here?” Tiffany gasped, not sure that she had heard him right. She shook her head furiously but Jejung would have none of it, “Miyoung, please come up?” Keunsuk & Siwon, both took a hold of her arm & led her up the stage. The fans looked on, wondering who this Miyoung person was & why had they never heard of her before but what surprised them the most was why she needed two men to lead her up onto the stage. Once Tiffany was on stage, Keunsuk & Siwon left her. She put her hands out to try to feel for Jejung but she didn’t need to since Jejung was by her side in an instant. The fans then gasped out loud in shock to find out that this special someone in Jejung’s life was blind.


“Miyoung, I want to let the world know how much I love you & treasure you. With you by my side is when I’m whole.” He got down on one knee & the whole arena grew quiet as they watched with widened eyes. Tiffany feeling him suddenly go down, gasped out loud in surprises which was heard by everyone. Jejung just smiled. He reached into his pocket & took out a jewelry box. Flipping it open, he took Tiffany’s hand in his, “Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, will you do me the greatest honor in the world & make me the happiest man alive by consenting to be my wife?” Too overwhelmed for words & tears slipping down endlessly through her face, she nodded her head, wide open. Jejung looked up at her hopefully, “Is that a yes?”

 

Tiffany continued to nod her head, “Yes.” She said breathlessly. Jejung, his hand trembling, took out the round aquamarine platinum ring & let her feel the inside which had ‘Jaejoong loves Miyoung forever’, where the love was symbolized inside a heart shape. Tiffany nodded happily but tearfully at that. The audience watched in awe at the sight of the beautiful ring shown in blown up proportions on the screen. The reporters were having a field day, “It’s beautiful, Jaejoong Oppa.” Tiffany said, as he slipped it on her fourth finger. She launched herself into his arms & placed her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly to her. He grinned wildly & swung her around & around on stage, ecstatic at her answer, “You have made me the luckiest guy in this world.” He said, wiping away her happy tears.

 

Jaehwa stood up first from his seat & started clapping his weathered wrinkled hands, tears streaming down his face, “They are going to make it. Young love.” He said, watching & remembering the two of them as little kids & how their love brought them to where they were today. Keunsuk, Sunny, Siwon & Sooyoung then joined in & soon, the whole arena erupted in applause & cheers. There wasn’t a dry face, even the reporters & photographers who were busily writing down everything & snapping pictures. Jejung glanced over at the crowd, happy & pleased beyond compare.

 

That night, as Jejung & Tiffany shared a candlelight dinner alone in the Kim mansion, Tiffany smiled as she fondled the ring on her finger, “Who would have guessed that your surprises was of even more proportions than mine.” She said, & laughed. Jejung took her into his arms after finishing the last bite to her chocolate cake. He carried her over to the sofa & placed her in front of him with his arms circling her from behind. He kissed her cheek & smiled brightly, even though his smile really hadn’t disappeared the whole day, “The dinner was delicious. I’m so proud of you for coming up with this dinner. You never seem to amaze me.”

 

“I just wanted to be able to do the things I used to be able to do which means cooking for you which is one my greatest passion.” Tiffany said, leaning her head back onto his strong chest.

 

“I thought I was your greatest passion.” Jejung said, with a hurt expression on his face. Tiffany turned around & pinched his cheeks, “You are so cute when you do that. I can feel it & sense it even though I can’t see it physically & yes, you are my greatest passion which is why everything that pertains to you is passionately done by me for you.” He was so touched by those words that he couldn’t wait another minute to taste her sweet lips. Jejung hugged her close & leaned down to give her a passionate kiss which she returned just as passionately as promised, sealing their engagement of love.

 

“I can’t believe that the day is finally here, after a month of planning!” Tiffany exclaimed, holding onto Sunny & Sooyoung’s hands, “I know, you guys sure waited for such a long time.” Sunny said, absolutely filled with joy for her best friend. She hugged her close, “I just wish that you could see how beautiful you look.” Sunny added forlornly. That was the only thing that made this wedding sad to her. Tiffany shook her head with a radiant smile still pasted on her face, “No, I can see it. Even though I can’t see it physically, through touch & my imagination, I can see my wedding gown & see everyone & everything here.”

 

“Your imagination never seizes to amaze me, Tiffany.” Sooyoung said, bending to give her a hug too, “Jejung really couldn’t wait that long, huh?” Sooyoung walked to the door of the bridal room & peeked outside, “It surpassed everyone’s expectations.” Tiffany laughed, “He said he had already waited for eighteen years since he first met me & he couldn’t wait another second.” They all laughed, including Mrs. Kim who had also helped prepare her soon to be daughter in law for the wedding, “I still remember how Jejung told you to marry him before we left for America.” Mrs. Kim said, also giving Tiffany a hug, “How the years have passed. I just wished that they had gone by better for you.”


“Aw, auntie Kim, you are going to make me cry.” Tiffany said, “But you have nothing to feel sorry about. I’m really happy now. Thank you for accepting me into your life as a child & now as an adult.” Mrs. Kim wiped away some stray tears in her eyes & smiled, “I think that you need to have a change of greeting to me from now on. Call me mom, just like Jejung.” Tiffany laughed & blushed, “Okay, mom.” Tiffany looked down as a thought came to her, “I just wish that my godfather could have made it to the wedding. I wonder what happened to him?” The women’s eyes all darkened at the mention of that name, “Don’t you ever mention Seo Donggun again.” Mrs. Kim said, “I don’t want him near you for another minute.”

 

“But he’s still my family. He raised me.” They all shook their heads at Tiffany’s reasoning, “Look at what he did to you. It is because of him that you are now unable to see.” Sooyoung said, “If I could get my hands on him, I will beat him senseless just like what he did to you. I would make him wish that he had never been born.” Sunny nodded in agreement, her eyes blazing, “Believe me, he will be found someday & he will regret what he did to you. We are going to lock him up for good so that he will never harm another human being again.” Tiffany looked down sadly, “I still think that he can reform. He does have a heart, truly.” Sunny shook her head & took her friend’s hand in hers, “Tiffany, you are way too nice sometimes. Sometimes, you need to think for yourself too, & not just for others. You lost your eyesight because of your good ways & you almost lost Jejung Oppa again.”

 

Tiffany blinked back a tear but she did know that what they were telling her was the truth. She just prayed that Donggun was still alright & that he would be able to reform one day, ‘Wherever you are godfather, I wish you the best. I hope that you will be able to come clean one day & be my dad for real.’ Tiffany wished, closing her eyes briefly. When she opened them again, she smiled again. The wedding march sounded from the piano & her heart started pounding really fast. Mrs. Kim gave Tiffany a kiss on the cheek before heading out first to sit in the front row, “Oh my gosh, you are getting married, Tiffany!” Sunny squealed, “This is so exciting! I hope I don’t trip!” Sooyoung laughed, “Goodness girl, it almost seems as if it is your wedding instead.” Sunny blushed but Sooyoung continued, “Maybe you should just marry Siwon soon & get it over with & become my sister.” Sunny shook her head, “He wished.” But her heart fluttered at the thought of her marrying Siwon.


“Come on, let’s get this show on the road.” Sooyoung said, clapping her hands. She was going to lead Tiffany down to Jejung while Sunny would head out first since she was the maid of honor. Sunny took in a deep breath once before smiling widely & opening the door. Jejung’s heart hitched as he caught sight of Tiffany, “She looks amazing, just like a beautiful dream.” He said. Siwon, who was beside him, could only nod, “Yeah, I have to admit, Sunny looks even more beautiful than ever.” Jejung stopped his staring as he registered what his best man just said. He elbowed him in the stomach, “I was talking about Tiffany, you idiot!” He said, through gritted but smiling teeth. Siwon tried not to yelp in pain, “Okay, okay, Tiffany looks like a dream.” He stared at Tiffany & knew that his words were also true.