Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 34

 

Tiffany leaned against the warm chest of Jejung, relishing the heat that emanated from his body into hers. She smiled in content. It was her fondest wish to just lie here within their treehouse together forever if they possibly could. Jejung, on the other hand, was thinking just the same thing. As a chill came through the window, he took off his alpaca wool birdseye blazer & wrapped it around Tiffany’s bare arms & reached down a bit to pull a blanket up over them.


“I’m fine, really. This sweater maybe short-sleeved but it really is quite warm, you know.” Tiffany said, as she snuggled more into her boyfriend’s embrace. Jejung kissed the top of her head, “Yeah, but it is still winter time & that’s when your asthma starts kicking in the worst. I don’t want you to get sick. Better to be safe than sorry.” Tiffany reached up to touch his face adoringly, “What would I do without you? You are way too good to me, Jaejoong Oppa. God has really blessed me with you in my life.” Jejung grinned at her revelation & bent down to kiss her softly on the lips. When they pulled apart again, Tiffany happened to glance up at the clock. She let out a tiny little gasps. It was already eight. They had been in this position for over an hour. They had only meant to stay for a little while & then go to dinner, ‘I wonder why I’m not hungry.’ She thought. Her growling stomach betrayed her & she blushed & laughed.

 

Jejung put one hand over her stomach, feeling the tiny vibration due to her hunger & smiled. He chuckled lightly, “Someone’s hungry. We should go out to eat now. Time flies when I’m with you but we wouldn’t want you to starve though, do we?” He helped her up from her position & together, they climbed down the ladder & locked the door to the treehouse before heading back to his car to go out for a nice romantic dinner. To their utter dismay though, all the restaurants were already closed, “Oh yeah, it’s a holiday today so everyone will be closing at eight.” Jejung said disappointedly. He passed by S&S restaurant. Tiffany looked out of the window just in time to see the restaurant lights going off.

 

“Oppa, stop there.” She put a hand on his arm. He stopped immediately, “What? What’s wrong?” Tiffany pointed at the restaurant, “Don’t tell me that you have already forgotten about your best friends’ restaurant?” She said teasingly. Apparently, he really had because he really couldn’t remember passing it or remotely even being on the street that it was located on. He shook his head slightly & blinked & sure enough, the restaurant was right there in front of him. He laughed out loud, “Seriously, I really did forget it. I just drove past it without knowing.”

 

He drove his car into the parking lot & saw Mr. Choi locking up the doors. Tiffany called out to him, “Mr. Choi!” Mr. Choi looked up in mid lock with a surprised look on his face but his features instantly softened as he spied Tiffany & Jaejoong within the car, “Hey kids, why are you two out so late?” Jejung opened the door for Tiffany & groaned as he heard the question, “Uncle Choi, eight-fifty isn’t considered late. We are over twenty one now. Heck, I’m even in my mid twenties right now. I think that we are old enough to still be out by eight.” Mr. Choi looked Jejung up & down & put his forefinger to his chin as if concentrating on a deep thought. He pointed out to Jejung’s side, “Sure you are kid. That’s a new style you are sporting?” Tiffany glanced over at where Mr. Choi was pointing & burst out laughing.

 

Jejung turned his head around & peeked down at what was so funny. He blushed slightly & started laughing himself at what he saw. Apparently, his light blue fit solid no iron supima pinpoint button-down dress shirt had been pulled out slightly on one side when he was lying down with Tiffany in the treehouse. He hadn’t checked to see if he was unkempt or not after leaving. He quickly tucked his shirt back into his khaki plain front comfort waist no iron chino pants & straightened up his silk square neat necktie & jacket, looking a little bit more dignified with the exception of his sheepish look. Once satisfied with the changes, he put his arm around Tiffany’s shoulders, “Okay, so maybe I’m not that grown up yet, uncle.”

 

Mr. Choi chuckled a bit more, “So, what brings you two kids here?” On instinct, Jejung’s stomach growled loudly & Tiffany grinned, “Your turn. I was wondering when you would start, too.” Jejung rubbed his stomach. Upon hearing the noise, Mr. Choi understood why they were there. He handed the keys over to Jejung, “Here kids, it’s all yours. Just remember to lock up before you leave.” Jejung smiled widely, “Thanks, uncle.” Mr. Choi stopped by to kiss Tiffany’s cheeks in goodbye before going, “Cook him gruel.” He winked. Tiffany laughed out loud, “I’m sure he will love that.”

 

“Actually, when it comes to you, I think he will love anything you make.” Jejung kissed her on the cheek.

 

“You have got that right.” Tiffany blushed as she looked up into his eyes. Mr. Choi cleared his throat, “Well, the only thing wrong with this picture is this old man standing right here.” Jejung looked around, “What? Oh, you mean me? Okay, fine, I will leave.” He said mischievously. Tiffany gave him a slight punch in the shoulder. Mr. Choi laughed out loud again, “Very funny. Well, by all means, have your romance. Enjoy.” They waved goodbye to Mr. Choi & proceeded to walk into the restaurant.


Meanwhile, as Mr. Choi’s car speed away, another dark car peered out through the window & glared at the tender moment that the couple was having as Jejung suddenly picked Tiffany up into his arms to carry her through the door to the restaurant as a groom would do for his bride when carrying her across the threshold, “Just you wait, you two aren’t going to last! Mark my words!” The figure said angrily, through the howling of the winter wind. The person took one last disgusted look at the sight & then speed away as well, plotting on what to do next.