Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 25

 

“I know you heard me Yunho, I’m going to marry this girl by my side one day.” Yunho continued to stare at Jejung while he went down to pick up his phone. He walked over to Jejung & put his hands on his shoulders, “Now Jejung, do you know what you are saying? You can’t just say these things. What would your fan think? What about all those girlfriend of yours? They can’t possibly be happy about that.” He looked at Tiffany with condemnation in his brown, almond-shaped eyes. She was nowhere near the standard of the girls that Jejung was usually seen with. She was still beautiful but it was more natural & not at all like the carefully made up girls also in the entertainment business. Tiffany looked away under his gaze & made a move to leave. It hurt her deeply to hear just how different she was from Jejung in person.

 

Jejung grasped onto her arm & looked down at her, shaking his head, indicating that she shouldn’t go anywhere. He shrugged Yunho’s hands off of him, “I don’t care what you think about Tiffany. What matter is that I love her & she loves me. Nothing is going to ruin this for us. You hear me?” He sighed exasperatedly, “Gosh Yunho, I always thought that you were more like my friend, my confidante than an agent but right now, your attitude is nothing but downright rude. I demand an apology from you right this instant & if you choose not to, I will have to suspend you then.” Yunho gasped out loud at that statement & so did Tiffany.

 

She stepped in between the two men. She couldn’t allow them to have this silly little dispute because of her. Jejung & Yunho had been through a lot together & it just wasn’t right to have that relationship ruined like this. She looked up into Jejung’s eyes, “Please don’t say that? Take those words back. You & Yunho-Sshi have stuck by each other through thick & thin throughout these years. He has done a lot for you. You told me so yourself.” Tiffany smiled softly as she touched the plane of his cheek, “Besides, I’m not worth it.”

 

At those words, Yunho felt highly ashamed to have said what he said & how he had done what he hated. He had judged someone before even getting to know that person in question. He bowed several times to Tiffany, bowing his head down in shame, “I’m very sorry for what I have said, miss Tiffany. If I could take those words I said back, I really would.” Jejung smiled at his distraught friend & agent. Now, this was the guy he knew & respected.

 

“Eh, please get up Yunho-Sshi, may I call you Oppa? I’m afraid Jejung Oppa never told me what your last name was but please, don’t bow to me. I really am not worthy of such a motion. Plus, this is the twenty first century.” Jejung laughed & pulled Tiffany into his arms, “Don’t ever say that you are not worthy. You are the most worthy & way much more important to me then my career. If my fans can’t accept you then they aren’t my fans.” Yunho straightened up again, & nodded along, “Please miss Tiffany, forgive this foolish guy for what I did & said? Jejung is right, you are most worthy.”

 

Tiffany smiled warmly at Yunho, “Please call me Tiffany for I have made up my mind to just call you Yunho Oppa. Let’s dismiss with the formalities.” Sunny & Siwon walked up to the three people. They had been standing in the sidelines long enough, watching what was going on between the three of them without uttering a word. Even though it had taken a lot of effort on Siwon’s part to not let Sunny say a single word because there were countless times where he had to clap his hand over to stop her. Sunny walked over to Yunho & smiled way too sweetly up at him. Yunho smiled reluctantly back at her. Siwon groaned inwardly. He knew what was going to happen next.

 

Before he knew what happened & without another word being said, Sunny kicked him hard in the shins.

 

“You are a big bully, you know that? How could you belittle Tiffany that much? She might have forgiven you but I still can’t hold in what you said to her & how you looked down at her. Tiffany is a wonderful person. She is better than all of us combined, I bet. She doesn’t deserve to be in your presence since she is the greatest & best person ever.” Yunho rubbed his bruised shin & smiled, “I know that now. I know that I deserved that.” Jejung put a hand on his shoulder, “Thanks for understanding, man. I would have really hated to lose you as my agent.”

 

They headed into the living room to sit down & have some hot chocolate & cookies after being out in the cold for so long. After biting into a cookie, Jejung looked back at Yunho, “So, what do you have planned? I assume that you didn’t come here to see me to just say hello & see my girlfriend.” Yunho took a sip from his hot chocolate before replying, “You never miss a beat. Well, you know that there is a popular ski resort close by here, right?”

 

At his nod, he continued, “Well, they are opening up a new dance hall slash karaoke bar there & since I knew that you would be up here for this break, I volunteered to let you be there at the grand opening & perhaps hold a small concert & press conference as well. It would be only for a day & you could have fun but if it really doesn’t suit your schedule then I could cancel. It is after all your vacation time from the performing & school.” Jejung turned his gaze back to Tiffany who was sitting beside him, “So, do you think that I should do it?” Tiffany smiled, “Why are you asking me for my opinion? But I think that you should. It would be a chance for you to teach me how to ski. You also owe it to your legions of fans to make a public appearance.” She poked him in the chest playfully, “You have been absent from radar for the longest time. So I think that it is a wonderful idea & a dance would be nice.” She looked away from him with a shrug of the shoulder, “& who knows, maybe I could be persuaded to sing with you again, or some other song.” Jejung pressed his forehead against hers & they both laughed as they saw the confused expressions on everyone else’s faces.

 

Jejung & Siwon smiled mischievously at each other as they crept up to the closed door. Siwon put a long, thin finger to his lips as he looked at Jejung & opened the doorknob slowly & quietly. He swung the door open & two feet inched their way out to kick the two guys in the chest, making them fall backward & back into the hall. Tiffany & Sunny smiled smugly at the two defeated men & struck a pose at the doorway, “Trying to sneak up on us while we are still changing, huh?” Sunny smirked at them. Tiffany put her hand on Sunny’s shoulder, “We aren’t that easy.” Both, Jejung & Siwon rubbed their chests & groaned as they smiled sheepishly up at the two women.

 

Tiffany & Sunny laughed at their expressions & took pity on them. With all their might, they reached out to pull them back up. Once they were back to their normal height, they were the ones looking down at the two women. Jejung & Siwon, both looked at the two of them up & down & whistled in appreciation, “You two look positively gorgeous. Wow, just amazing.” Siwon had his mouth opened. Sunny blushed under his scrutiny while Jejung had already made his way over to Tiffany to hold her at arms length to admire her.


“You are beautiful every day but today, you are just glowing. Your beauty is even more accentuated with this dress. Did you pick it out?” Tiffany shook her head. She gave a look towards Sunny, “I told her not to get me something this expensive to put on your bill. If it were me, I would have chosen a dress from a much cheaper store. They have equally beautiful dresses.” Sunny groaned, “Didn’t you hear Jejung Oppa? He said that the dress is beautiful & besides, I have been with you to those so-called cheaper stores where clothes are just as nice & they are filled with clothes from the fifties.” Siwon & Jejung laughed but Tiffany threw them both a look that shut them up. She held her hands up in defeat, “Okay, I guess the dress is rather nice & I know that my fashion sense isn’t always good but it’s only because I want to save money.”

 

Jejung tipped her face up to look at him, “That’s what I love about you. One of the many endless qualities, that is.” He corrected. Tiffany looked at him, wondering what it could be, “Your humbleness but with me, you don’t have to save money. I want you to have what’s best for you & in this case, this dress becomes you & is the best for you” Tiffany looked down at her sleeveless talia black dress. Jejung was pleased to see that she had chosen the star necklace that he had given her as her one major accessory. She had small hoops in the shape of a star for earrings as well. Her hair was curled to produce a wavy effect & once again, Sunn had applied just enough makeup to bring out her best features without taking away its true nature.

 

“I have to applaud you, Sunny. She’s going to steal the night away in that dress. Although, you will be her competition.” Sunny laughed at Jejung’s remark, “It was nothing & yeah, I think that we look pretty good.” Siwon put his arm out for her to link hers with, “Better than good. You two look breathtaking & I’m not lying.” Sunny smiled ecstatically at him.

 

Jejung also put his arm out for Tiffany to take & she took it willingly. She looked at Sunny & they both nodded. They both reached up & gave their respective guy’s a kiss on the cheek which shocked them silly. A wide smile brightened up their faces as the four of them walked towards the new karaoke & dance bar. Cameras started flashing as they walked the blue carpet towards the bar in the ski resort. Jejung walked up to where the owners were & shook their hands warmly. With a snip from the scissors in his hands & the owners’, the red ribbon was cut & they proceeded inside. Jejung walked up to the stage & took the mike.


“Hello, everyone. Wow, I’m so happy to see all of you here today at this momentous event. Nothing brings more joy to the world than song & dance. These two things connected brings us a flurry of emotions & without them, we would be nothing. So, I would like to congratulate Seoul ski resort for bringing this joy here for you people.” The whole hall roared with clapping hands & the main owner of the resort walked up to the stage at Jejung’s motion & thanked everyone for coming as well. After he was done with the introductions, Jejung was back up with the mike & performing one of his songs. During the whole song, his eyes were only on Tiffany.