Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 55

 

Jejung just couldn’t shake off the thought of something happening to Tiffany in front of his eyes unexpectedly. He pictured a dozen different scenarios that could happen if he hadn’t found out about the notes sooner. Each scenario ended with him in shock, utter depression & sadness as he held onto Tiffany’s lifeless body with their baby still inside of her. He wanted to kill himself & die if that ever happened. He didn’t even want to know what it would be like to lose her & live alone for the rest of his days. In his heart, there was only Tiffany & no more room for anyone else to love romantically & whole as he loved her.

 

He drove faster than he normally did, not caring if the police caught him. He didn’t care if his reputation would be tarnished at this point if he did get caught & was brought to jail. All he wanted to do was just vent out his anger at his wife for lying to him. He banged his hands on the steering wheel in frustration, lifting his hands off of it for no more than a second. In his mind, he knew that she didn’t tell him because she didn’t want him to worry about her but still, isn’t a relationship based on trusts? He thought, ‘Doesn’t she trust me to be with her & protect her through this?’ He shook his head, ‘Just why did you have to keep this from me? Why?’ Before he knew it, he had pulled into the parking lot of a popular club in Seoul, Club Ellui. He stayed inside his car for a few minutes, just staring at the lights that made up the name of the club. It had been a long time since he had last been there. He hadn’t been back since he & Tiffany had gotten back together. Making up his mind, he got out of his car & got into the club smoothly. Everyone greeted him as he walked in, surprised to see him again.

 

Jejung acknowledged the people that greeted him with a touch of warmth but his mind wasn’t really into talking to these people at the moment. He walked over to the bar & sat down on the barstool. Reaching into his coat pocket, he took out his cell phone & called the two people that always occupied the two seats beside him, “Hey, could you come to club ellui right now? I need to talk to you.” He said, through the mouthpiece. He didn’t provide any more explanation. He knew that they would understand & come no matter what. Less than eight minutes later, two men walked through the club, towards the bar where Jejung sat, stirring his drink with a straw. They smiled at the people & greeted them much more warmly than when Jejung had entered, “Hey man, what’s up?” Siwon asked, as he motioned for the bartender to come so he could order his drink, “Yeah man, why did you suddenly call us up to come here? It’s been a long time since you have called us out with you for being so busy being a husband & father.” Keunsuk said smiling, sitting down on the stool on the right side of him while Siwon took the left side. Jejung just stared listlessly at his drink. He sighed, “Too bad my wife doesn’t treat me like a husband.” He said softly. Keunsuk & Siwon stared at him in shock, “What do you mean?” Siwon asked, “Why would you say something like that about Tiffany?”

 

“She’s been lying & keeping something from me. I finally found out today & confronted her.” Jejung stirred his drink again, & then brought it to his mouth to take a huge gulp. They both gasped out loud, “That doesn’t sound like Tiffany at all. Don’t tell me she’s been cheating on you behind your back. I won’’t believe it.” Jejung shook his head & sighed again. When he opened his mouth to speak again, a hand touched him on the shoulder. He looked around him & smiled lightly as he saw who was behind him, “Hey girls.” Keunsuk & Siwon looked behind them too, & smiled at them as well, “Haven’t seen you girls for a long time. Maybe we can catch up later. Right now, we have something to.” Jejung stopped them, “It’s okay, I want to kick it loose on the dance floor right now. I need to let out this frustration.”

 

As soon as he got up, two sets of hands latched onto his arms. They belonged to no other than Seohyun & Boa, having pushed other girls away in order to get to him first, “Jejung Oppa.” Seohyun purred out, “I have missed you so much. You don’t come out much to play anymore.” At the sound of her voice, he quickly but gently flung her & Boa’s hands away from his arms, “I would just like to dance by myself right now.” Without another word from them, he headed out onto the dance floor & started dancing, leaving the two women staring at him with their mouths wide open. Siwon & Keunsuk bit back a grin as they followed Jejung onto the dance floor to dance as well, “He’s married. Don’t forget that.” Siwon told them. Seohyun stomped her feet on the hardwood floor, fuming. Boa placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, “It was too good to be true. He’s not single anymore. He’s still happily married to that poor excuses of a woman Tiffany.” Boa said disgustingly, “If he’s happily married, why is he out here instead of with her?” Boa looked at Jejung’s dancing form. He was moving to the beat & looked to be having the time of his life.

 

After jumping around to the music for awhile, Jejung finally decided to call it quits & headed back over to the bar where Keunsuk & Siwon were frowning at him. They had retreated from the dance floor a quarter to an hour before. Jejung sat down & took another sip of his drink before setting it down to look at his two friends, “Are you ready to tell me what’s bothering you yet?” Keunsuk asked. Jejung took another sip & then nodded, “Miyoung has been receiving threatening notes typed in braille. She’s been receiving them for eight months & when I saw one of the notecards one day & asked her about it, she lied.” They nodded their heads in understanding, “So now you are mad at her for keeping this from you?” Keunsuk asked. Jejung nodded, “I mean, wouldn’t you be if Sooyoung kept something like this from you?” Jejung asked, fire returning to his eyes. Keunsuk nodded.


“Of course, I would be mad if Soo had kept this from me but still, I would understand why she would do that. She would want to prevent me from worrying & this is because she loves me.”

 

“I understand that but still, she lied to me. What if something had happened to her in these past few months?” Jejung talked back.


“But she did it out of her love for you! Tiffany loves you dearly, you know that & you promised to protect & love her for the rest of your life but here you are, in this club, dancing & drinking when you should be honoring your vows & be by her side, helping her along!” Siwon said angrily to Jejung, “You really are stupid, you know to do this to her, to be upset over this!” Jejung froze at what Siwon just said. It made a lot of sense. He should be at home right now with Tiffany. A huge weight settled down inside his heart as he remembered what he had just done. He had left her alone after finding out about the possible danger Tiffany could be in. He suddenly stood up from his seat & started running towards the entrance. It finally sunk it. He finally knew what he was supposed to do, rather than mope around & be angry with her. He didn’t even say goodbye to Keunsuk & Siwon. None was needed as they knew where he was heading off to & how he should have done that a long time ago. Jejung rushed out of the club, not bothering to acknowledge anyone else as he left. He got into his car & started speeding back home where he belonged.

 

Yuri closed the door to the bedroom silently, shaking her head sadly. She sighed heavily as she walked quietly downstairs with the first aid kit in her hands. She had helped Tiffany back into the house & into her room but when she attempted to apply first aid on her cuts, Tiffany had pushed her hands away countless of times & refused to treat her wounds. Glancing at the closed door again, she could just see through it & imagine Tiffany’s huddled body, silent tears streaming down her face as she replayed what had just happened hours before. The deepest wound that she had right now was in her heart & only one person could mend it.

 

As Yuri reached the bottom of the staircase, she heard a car screeching to a halt in front of the house. Her heart started pounding as she spotted the first weapon that she could find which was a rolling pin in the kitchen. Quickly running into the kitchen, she retrieved it & stayed by the front door, preparing to do what she had to do. She heard a jimmying of the lock & as the door flew open, Yuri brought the rolling pin down on the intruder’s back. He yowled in pain, “Ow, stop Yuri, it’s me! Jejung!” Yuri continued to hit him on the shoulders & arms, although with not as much force, “Take that & that.” Satisfied with it all, she stepped away, chest heaving with a film of perspiration on her forehead, “I know who you are but still, I couldn’t stop, not after what you did to poor Mrs. Kim.”

 

Jejung immediately stopped inspecting his arms & back & froze, the wince gone, “What? What’s wrong with Miyoung?” Yuri shook her head, “You didn’t even look back to see if she was okay. Poor Mrs. Kim.” Jejung didn’t let her continue for he was already running up the stairs. When he got to the top, he quickly flung open the door & was shocked at what he saw. Tiffany was half-sitting, half-kneeling on the ground. The bed was in a state of disarray with the blankets & sheets falling off the bed to puddle around her. The sheets & blankets were both bloodstained from the various cuts on her legs & hands. Jejung rushed to be by her side in a second, “Miyoung, please don’t scare me, Jagiya.” He pressed a kiss on her forehead. Tiffany stiffened at his touch & voice.

 

“Jaejoong Oppa?” Jejung nodded, “Yeah, it’s me. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”


“Oppa.” Tiffany said again. Her face contorted in one of pain & happiness as she buried her face against his shoulder, “I thought that you would hate me forever. I’m sorry for lying to you. Please.” Jejung shook his head & pressed his forefinger to her lips to silence her, “No, don’t say anymore. I couldn’t bear it. If anyone should be sorry, it should be me. I shouldn’t have left you all alone. Instead of protecting you, I left you to fend for yourself. I was selfish & irrational.” Tiffany brought her eyes up to look at him. Her eyes, even though, they couldn’t see anymore, were filled with emotions. Jejung bent down & kissed away her tears. He then lifted her up & placed her back on the bed.

 

With the blankets & sheets off from her body, he grimaced as he saw the injury done to her body. He kissed her gently on the lips & worked his way down her body, kissing the tender & scraped parts of her palms & knees lightly. Tiffany pulled her legs away & winced. Jejung pulled her hands & enclosed his over them, “I’m sorry, my love.” Tiffany shook her head, “I’m okay. Don’t worry.” As she moved her legs & bent her scraped knees, she flinched again. Jejung got up from the bed, “Wait right here.” He ran down the stairs where a smiling Yuri was waiting with the first aid kit in her hand. When she saw him approach, she gave the kit to him.


“Thank you Yuri, for everything. I will be sure to give you a big raise in your pay.” Yuri grinned widely, “Thank you Mr. Kim, but I’m just happy that Mrs. Kim is okay now.” Jejung nodded, “Me, too.” & he quickly ran up the stairs to be by Tiffany’s side again.