Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 39

 

“No, don’t leave me!” Tiffany cried out in her sleep, but the image of Jejung walking away & turning his back on her remained real & true. She suddenly started shaking but soon realized that it was actually someone shaking her. She woke up with a start, “Tiffany, wake up. It’s just a nightmare.” She woke up but all she could see was darkness. Her eyes were wide open but she couldn’t even spot a speck of light anywhere. There were no blurry objects, just a dark gray color that shielded everything she saw. Tears spilled down her cheeks as she d around, searching for the person who had spoken to her, “Sunny, Sunny, where are you? I can’t see anything.”

 

Tiffany fell out of bed, still waving her arms around frantically, searching for her friend, “I really can’t see anything anymore.” She broke down & huddled beside her bed, her knees clasped tightly together with her hands over her face, crying with her head down, “I’m blind. I’m a worthless nobody.” Sunny couldn’t help but cry as well, seeing her dearest friend in this state. She quickly swept down & embraced her, her back, calming her down, “Tiffany, why did something like this have to happen to you? I had rather it be me.” Tiffany shook her head furiously, lifting her head up, “No, don’t say that.”

 

Sunny lifted her up & they sat on the edge of the hospital bed. She wiped away her tears with her hands before extracting a tissue from the nightstand. She used it to dry Tiffany’s tears. She had to stay strong for her now, “Don’t worry Tiffany, I will be with you every step of the way. I won’t leave you. Never. I will walk with you everywhere & lead you to our classes. Just you wait & see.” Tiffany managed a slight laugh at her last words. She felt around for Sunny’s hand & Sunny gladly gave it to her. When she had her hand in hers, she gave it a slight pat, “Just like one of the servants in your house? What would they think?” Sunny laughed too, but got serious, firmly clasping Tiffany’s hands, “But I was serious. I don’t want you to be alone in this. I will help you through this.” She thought for a moment.

 

A quizzical expression took place on her features & she suddenly started shaking Tiffany’s hands, “Oh my gosh, I totally forgot to notify Jejung Oppa. He is going to flip when he finds out what happened to you.” More tears came to her eyes as she wondered how Jejung was going to react when he found out that his precious girlfriend couldn’t see anymore. Just imagining how Siwon would react if that happened to her was enough to speak for itself, “Oh my gosh, I need to go call him right now.” Sunny smacked her forehead, “I can’t believe I forgot.” She started to get up but Tiffany’s frantically moving hands pulled her back down. She looked at her tearful friend in surprises, “Tiffany, what’s wrong? You can’t hide it from him forever. He’s probably searching around Seoul for you.” Tiffany shook her head furiously.

 

“No, you can’t go find him.” Tears continued to fall. Sunny tried to shake her off a bit, “What do you mean I can’t go find him? I need to notify him now or else he is going to go ballistic later.” Tiffany continued to shake her head, spraying her tears around her, “No, you really can’t. We...We...We broke up.” She whispered, ever so quietly as a big round teardrop fell onto her hospital gown. Sunny stopped shaking Tiffany & sat back down with her, “Tell me you are joking.” She looked at Tiffany seriously even though she couldn’t stare at her back, “We...We broke up a few weeks ago.”

 

“How is that possible? After all that you two have been through? You two love each other so much. I can’t believe that you two have broken up.” Tiffany nodded her head sadly & told her the whole story from start to finish. Sunny cried through the beginning to end, “How could you admit to that, Tiffany?! That stupid Seohyun!” She said angrily, “How could she make a tape like that?! She must have used one of those voice changers or something!” The more she thought about it, the angrier she felt & the more she thought that Tiffany had been cheated, “How could Jejung Oppa think that you would do something like that?! It’s not even possible for you! Oh, I wish that I can bash him in the head & knock some sense into him!” Sunny made a move to get up again, but Tiffany pulled her back down.

 

Sunny stared at Tiffany & her heart broke as she saw the tears that continued to flow down & how Tiffany wasn’t even really staring straight at her because she couldn’t see anymore, “No, I don’t want him to know ever, if possible.” Sunny gasped, “Why? Why would you not want him to know the truth? He has a right, despite how idiotic & rude he has been. Seriously girl, Jejung Oppa really does love you, so much, don’t you know that?” Tiffany nodded, “That’s the point. I know that he loves me very much & I love him so very much, too. It’s because of that that I don’t want him to be tied down to me. I’m blind.” Sunny started to speak but Tiffany stopped her, feeling open, “No, let me finish.”


“I can’t let him be with a blind woman for the rest of his life. I don’t want him to be overcome with the responsibility. He deserves so much better.” A lump formed in & she had to swallow it back before continuing, “Jaejoong Oppa is a world famous singer. Many women love him in this world & many of them are much more beautiful than me & most importantly, they aren’t blind. He deserves someone that can see him everyday & take care of him. How can I, a blind person do that for him? It would be too unfair. Instead, it will be him taking care of me for the rest of his life. He will get sick of me & I don’t ever want to feel hate from him. I won’t be able to bear it.”


“Are you done yet?” Tiffany shook her head, “Please understand where I’m going at, Sunny? I love him too much to do that to him. He deserves so much better.” She said softly, “When we were little, I wished upon the first shooting star that I have ever saw that he would be successful & be this famous singer & be happy forever. How can he be happy with someone like me?” She held up her hand again, when she sensed Sunny wanting to say something, “& one more thing Sunny, please don’t tell this to anybody? I want to wait until after Oppa graduates & leave Seoul before letting other people know that I’m blind.” Sunny wanted to protests once again, but this time, Tiffany found & pressed her forefinger against it, looking straight at her with blank but hurt eyes, “Please Sunny, promise me?” Knowing how much this meant to her, she agreed, “Fine, miss Tiffany, your wish is my command. I won’t’ say anything to anyone unless I deem it important. Tiffany smiled her gratitude, not seeing the sudden weird twinkle in Sunny’s eyes.