Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 36

 

Tiffany looked away, not knowing how to react, not wanting to meet his gazes. The voice sounded so much like hers that it could actually be hers but she knew that she would never say something like that about Jejung. She loved him too much to ever play him like that. Tiffany bit her lips as she thought back to what she just said in her mind, ‘I loved him too much to ever play him like that.’ At those words, tears came down her face as she knew what she should do. She took in a deep painful breath, facing Jejung again.


“So, is it true?” He asked again, “Look at me please Miyoung? Is it really true that you only want me for my money?” Tiffany looked up at him, tears in her eyes as she nodded. Jejung’s heart felt as if it literally shattered at that moment. He looked away, tears threatening to spill as he took in several agonizing breaths. He looked back at her, “So, have you been lying to me all this time?” Tiffany nodded again, making her eyes cold & unfeeling even though deep inside, she was in as much pain as Jejung, ‘I’m sorry, Jaejoong Oppa.’ She thought. Her head started to throb again, to let her know that this was what she had to do.

 

Jejung took her arms into his, startling her as he started shaking her, “Why? Why would you do this, Miyoung? Tell me this is a joke because it is not funny.” Tiffany shook her head & took her arms out of his grasps. She took in another deep breath, “Well, I guess I should have seen this coming.” She looked at him with eyes as cold as ice, “Yes, I have been acting this whole time with you. I have been plotting ever since you left to find a way to get you back to me & then have you for myself again.” She scoffed, “Don’t act so startled. The only reason why I came to this school was to find a sugar daddy. I need money. I live for money. I only see money & nothing else in my life.” Jejung shook his head in disbelief. This was a totally different person.

 

“No, this isn’t you speaking. You are not like that.” Tiffany let out a humorless laugh, “Shows how much you know about me. Do you know how many years it took for me to give myself the...the pity look? It finally worked.” She laughed again, “& who should fall for it again, but you.”

 

“No, don’t tell me that you have been planning this as a child because I won’t believe it. This really isn’t funny, Miyoung.” Tiffany smirked, “Well, I wasn’t like that as a child. I really did look up to you then but then you left me & I just got caught up with the money crazed world of the poor.” Jejung continued to shake his head & he said ever so softly, “So, do you mean to tell me that you have never loved me?” Tiffany’s throat caught at that question. She fought to keep her emotions in check. She couldn’t let him see that she was lying. She had to keep up with the pretense. She swallowed hard but turned her cool gaze back at him.

 

“I have never loved you. Not then, not now, not ever.” Jejung took a step back. A tear slipped down his cheeks. He stared down, thinking hard before looking at her again. He nodded angrily, “Fine, I guess it’s my own stupid fault for loving someone like you. Well, I relinquish all claims of love that I have ever had for you.” He laughed mirthlessly & turned his own ice cold eyes back at her, “I hope that I will never see you again. May you never find the sugar daddy that you want & live poorly for the rest of your life.” Tiffany gasped as she fought back her tears. She guess she deserved that. Jejung laughed again, “Have a good miserable life.” He said, leaving the courtyard, slinging his backpack against his shoulder. His face was unrecognizable to her now. It resembled a madman’s & it was she that had done that to him.

 

Tiffany sank down to the floor as soon as he left, feeling more loss & pain than she had ever felt in her life, “Oppa.” She whispered, “I’m sorry.” The tears that threatened to fall fell down hard now as her body shook with sobs. Something pink caught her eye & she reached down to unhook her rose pouch, hugging it tightly to her as her tears moistened the silk, “I love you so much, Oppa. I really do but it’s for the best.” She said. From a window outside the courtyard, a shadowed figure smiled evilly, pleased that her worked. With a click of her silver audrey brooke tanner metallic sandal heels, Seohyun happily went off to find Jejung while Tiffany remained within the courtyard, sobbing her heart out.

 

For the first time in many months, Tiffany walked home from the university, tears coursing down her face as she walked. Passing by roses park brought even more tears to her eyes if that was possible. She waved goodbye to it sadly, “I don’t know if I can ever see you again.” She thought back to the times that she & Jejung had inside their secluded haven as a kid & she had to tear her eyes away from the park. For the next week, she took a longer route back home, unable to bear the sight of their park. Even though she didn’t visit the park any longer, her pain didn’t go away.

 

As Tiffany was getting some books out of her locker, she heard some giggling behind her as a familiar male voice told a joke. Tiffany looked around but she wished she hadn’t for the sight in front of her put a lump in . Jejung was surrounded by eight girls, all hanging onto him & he seemed to be enjoying it. Her books slipped out of her hand as she saw one of the girls put his face near hers so she could kiss him. Tiffany gasped as all eyes her. She bent down to retrieve her books. Seohyun smirked as she walked over to where Tiffany was & with her black bandolino janica sandal heels, she stepped on them & kicked them, sending them flying.

 

Tiffany stood silent in the same position as Jejung burst out laughing, “Good one, Seohyun.” The other girls perked up at the compliment as Jejung bent down to kiss Seohyun on the cheek. She beamed with pride. As Tiffany slowly got up, her breathing grew ragged from the emotional pain that swarmed her body. She willed it to go away as she went in search for her books. The other girls beat her to it though as they picked up the books & started to toss them here & there. Jejung just laughed loudly as Tiffany ran from one girl to another, trying to get her books back. They were already very worn out & couldn’t take anymore beating.

 

Tears streamed down her face as she reached one girl to take her book back to only see it fly to another girl’s hands. Her breathing grew more & more shallow as she put a hand to her chest. She thought to breathe again, but found it difficult. Tears continued to flow as she started collapsing, “Aw, come on, sugar baby, so lazy. Feeling breathless already? Are you going to get an asthma attack & die already? It would make all of our days.” Seohyun said snidely. Tiffany felt utterly humiliated & as Seohyun’s shoe suddenly jabbed her on the stomach, she fell over, clutching her chest, gasping for breath.

 

Jejung stopped in mid-laugh as he saw what was happening. He saw her feeling around for her inhaler & his breath caught because he knew she wouldn’t find it. Her inhaler was with him. He put his hand to his navy columbia sportswear flattop mountain easy-care fleece jacket pocket & felt the curve of her inhaler. With a sigh, he took it out & walked over to the now shaking Tiffany. Seohyun stopped laughing & gasped as she saw the inhaler in his hands. He bent down & was about to put it in her hands when he thought better of it. He put her head in his lap & directed the medicine into . With three puffs, her breathing became more regular again.

 

Seohyun walked over to them & grabbed Jejung’s arm, “Come on, Jejung Oppa, don’t waste your time with her.” With one last look down at her, he got up & smiled sweetly at Seohyun, “Well, I guess this is my last good deed.” He threw a smirk at Tiffany, “From now on, we have no ties.” The other girls latched back onto him while Tiffany looked at him with pain eyes, “Thank you, Oppa.” She got up gingerly & walked up to him & before any of the girls could do anything about it, she touched his face with her hands, feeling its every line. Jejung stood there shocked, not knowing what she was doing. The feel of her hands felt so right against him & he couldn’t help but lean into them.

 

The other girls opened their eyes wide & glared at Tiffany. Seohyun took charge & pushed Tiffany down hard & she cried out as she fell backward onto the ground with a loud thud as her head hit the ground. The pain was very severe as fire shot to her brain, clouding her vision. Seohyun smiled evilly down at her & took the inhaler out of Jejung’s hands. She threw it at Tiffany hard, hitting her on the chest, “Don’t you ever try to touch Oppa again. You got that?” Tiffany struggled to get back up again, & when her vision somewhat cleared again, Jejung & the girls were gone. Her vision was still cloudy from her tears & her head was still aching from the fall but she got up & picked up her books from all around the hall to go home. She held the inhaler tightly in her hand as she stumbled her way out of campus & back home.