Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 21

 

They didn’t show Sunny or Siwon their secret haven within the hedged walls. It had captured their attention but all Tiffany & Jejung did was just look at each other knowingly but shook their heads to say that, ‘It’s our little secret & it will not be revealed’. They didn’t get a chance to go into their secret garden & tree house but still, they did make an effort to go there when it was only them alone. Tiffany & Jejung went there everyday at least once, to have their own time together, helping each other with their troubles & talking to each other about life. Soon, winter came & it was time for the break.

 

In the tree house one day, Tiffany snuggled up to Jejung to crowd him in for warmth as the winter cold air blew in. Jejung frowned & hugged her tighter to him, “I can’t believe that it is time for winter break. I can’t wait.” Tiffany looked up at him, “I have to work at S & S for the entire winter to earn my tuition & expense money.” She drew circles on the black tommy hilfiger perry jacket covering his chest, “But it’s break. You can’t possibly work. I won’t let you.” Tiffany sighed, ‘But I need the money. I can’t always rely on you now, can I?”


“But you can. I promised you that I would take care of you but you won’t let me.” Tiffany sighed & drew away from him. She looked into his eyes seriously, “You told me to stand up for myself. How can I do that if I always depend on you for everything?” That put Jejung deep into thought. He wished that he could take back his words just for this excuses but he knew that he couldn’t. It was important for Tiffany to stay strong, “Okay, I guess you have a point there but still, I wish that you didn’t have to work during the break.” Tiffany’s teeth chattered as she felt the cold air hit her neck. Jejung got up to get more blankets & draped them over her shoulders, “You need to learn to wear a few more layers. I have to get more winter coats & sweaters made for you. You need scarves, gloves, hats, etc.” Tiffany gasped & stopped him from saying anymore by putting her hand against his mouth, “No, I have received too much from you already. Seriously, I have enough to wear.” Tiffany was still living in the Kim household as a guest. No word had been heard from her stepfather since she had taken up residence there. Every morning, she woke up with Jejung beside her. He would creep into her room in the middle of the night while she was still sleeping & take up the space beside her on the big bed to just be with her & hold her.


“Okay, I need to get to work now.” Tiffany said, with her voice normal again, “I don’t want to be late. I’m learning how to make kimchi jjigae today.” Jejung groaned at the thought, “That’s my favorite.” Tiffany chucked his cheek lightly with her hand, “That’s why I’m going to learn how to make it & cook it for you.” Tiffany started to get out of the bed, she put one foot down on the ground but was unable to put the other down because Jejung had grabbed her waist & hauled her back to bed. Tiffany giggled as he pinned her hands down to look down at her.


“Come on, I really need to go to work.” Jejung lowered his head & Tiffany pursed her lips & struggled to put her hand over , “No, don’t kiss me now. I just woke up.” Jejung just smiled & didn’t bother about for her rants. He pressed his lips against hers for a brief moment & then released her. Tiffany blushed & pushed Jejung away, “Okay, no more kissing for the whole day after that.” She got out of bed & was in the bathroom before Jejung could protests. Jejung stared at the closed door with wide eyes & open mouth. He quickly got out of the bed too, & ran up to the door to pound on it hard.


“Oh, come on, Miyoung, don’t do that to me? I will surely die without another kiss from you.” Tiffany was laughing as she was brushing her teeth. Once she was done freshening up, she reached for her rose pouch which she had left on the counter while she was changing. Her fingertips barely touched it when she put her hand up to her head as the room started spinning around her. She gripped the side of the counter to steady herself & closed her eyes with her grimace as she tried to gather herself back together. Outside, Jejung was still yelling, oblivious to what was going on behind that door. Tiffany shook her head once more & everything cleared up. She checked herself in the mirror & frowned.


She didn’t know what just happened. It might be because she had gotten little sleep last night, being that this was the first time that she had to wake up this early to get to work for the first time. Tiffany pinched her cheeks to put some color back in them & smiled at the result. She tied the rose pouch through the loop in her black zipper detail corduroy jeans. Once she was sure that she was okay & ready to go, she let out a sigh & opened the door. Jejung was about to knock again, & his fist connected with her forehead. She gasped in pain & tears started to form in her eyes.

 

A/N: i'm sorry but i won't be able to update tomorrow morning when i wake up since i will be going to a friends wedding but i promise once i get back, i will update as much as possible so please be patience with me :)

- butt3rflyl0v3r