Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 50

 

Over the next few months, Tiffany’s belly slowly rounded up to be an expecting mother of a six month old child. Jejung practically never let Tiffany out of his sight, wanting to keep her safe & protected. With his arms still tightly wrapped around her rounded belly, Tiffany was held hostage in her own bed that morning. She smiled & tried to untangle herself from Jejung again, but still, he held firmly onto her. She sighed exasperatedly, “Jaejoong Oppa, let me get up please?” Jejung shook his head, kissing her turned cheek.

 

“Once I let you go, you are going to go into the kitchen again, & cook just like you did yesterday & the day before & the day before. I could go on. You know that you can scare like three years off my life doing that every morning.” Tiffany sighed, smiling “What are you talking about? I know what I’m doing. I have been cooking long enough. I will feel lost without cooking.”

 

Jejung nuzzled her neck, smelling her rosy sweet scent, “I love your cooking too, but it’s just too dangerous. Did you know that the kitchen is the most dangerous place in every house? There’s knives, a hot stove, an oven, water from the sink that can make you slip. I can go on about the dangers for a pregnant woman.” Tiffany shook her head, “I will have you know that the kitchen happens to be my sanctuary. I know it like the back of my hand & besides, with you basically right beside me, watching me like a hawk, I won’t be able to get hurt anyway.” Jejung sighed & Tiffany put a finger to his lips, “Please Oppa, let me cook?” Jejung looked down into her eyes & her facial expression & knew that he couldn’t deny her. He kissed her fingertip, “Fine, I will let you return to the kitchen but promise me that you will be very careful.”

 

Tiffany grinned widely, “I promise that when I feel my body changing more to not enter the kitchen, I will stop cooking until our son is born.” Jejung loosened his arms around her waist & pressed a kiss on her cheek.

 

“Okay, let’s get you to the kitchen. Having my arms around you, I felt our son kicking something fierce. He’s telling us that he’s hungry.” Jejung helped Tiffany out of bed & walked with her carefully down the stairs to the kitchen. Once there, he rubbed his hands together, “Let’s see what we can make here.” He said, opening cupboards to see what they had in stock. Tiffany turned around to face him, “What we can make here?” Jejung nodded, “Yeah.” “Since when do you know how to cook?” Jejung came up to her & held her at arm’s length, her belly covering the space between them, “Since I have been getting cooking books from Soo & reading over them thoroughly.” Tiffany put her hands on her wide hips & turned to give him a weird look, “So, those books that you have been reading before going to bed & while you are watching me cook are cooking books?” Jejung nodded again, “Yeah.”

 

“So, have you actually practiced cooking then? When have you had time?” Jejung gave her an awkward look that she could see in the back of her mind, “I actually haven’t tried anything yet but I was thinking about starting today & then I could take over the cooking & you can rest.” Tiffany looked at him skeptically, “I don’t know if I can trust your culinary skills Yeobo. You who have never had to lift a hand to do anything in your life.” Jejung swung her arms lightly from side to side, looking down at his feet, smiling sheepishly before looking back up at her again, “I can do it.” He led her over to their dining room table & set her down.

 

“Let me have a go at it today & you can determine if it’s passable or not. If it really then I will let you back in the kitchen but I will also hired a housekeeper to help take care of you as well & she can take over the culinary arts in our house until you bring our son home & are belly free & in good health.”

 

Tiffany smiled & nodded, “Okay, that’s better than not being able to go into the kitchen at all.” She used her hands & ushered him back to the stove, “Okay, now perform.” She said, giggling “I can’t wait to feel what you have done.” Jejung scratched his head as he looked around the kitchen as if seeing it for the first time. He first went to the sink & washed his hands. Tiffany listened as he opened each cupboard in their kitchen & then went to open the fridge. She could hear his faulty footsteps as he scuffled into the pantry, not sure where everything was. Jejung looked over to see his wife laughing at his movements. Finally spotting the pancake mix, he gave a quiet cheer. Going over the directions, he took out a bowl & added water & the mix, “Add your favorite condiments if you like.” He read softly.

 

He went to the fridge & took out a box of strawberries. Searching endlessly for a cutting board, he finally spotted it behind the faucet of the sink, “Are you using the cutting board, Oppa?” Tiffany asked, from her seat, “Yeah.” He said, taking out a few strawberries & putting them on the board. Tiffany got up & counted softly as she walked to the drawer she wanted to get to. She smiled as she felt the handle to it & lightly running her fingertips over the knives inside, she took the small one that she had been looking for. Walking over to Jejung, she placed the knife in front of his unsuspecting form. When he saw the knife, he gasped & pulled her over to place his hands on her arms.

 

“What do you think you are doing, my dear? Did I say I needed you to find me a knife?” Tiffany shook her head, “No, but I wanted to make sure that you finished breakfast before twelve & I also needed to make sure that you get the dullest knife.” She rubbed his hands, “I don’t want you to hurt your beautiful hands, would I?” Jejung scolded her lightly, “I could have found it!” Tiffany laughed, “Yeah, right.” Jejung led her back to her seat, “Now, stay put & prepared to be amazed fellow chef.” Tiffany shook her head again, & laughed but she did as he said. Jejung first julienned the strawberries & then took out the chocolate from one of the cupboards. He used a blender & chopped them up into small fine strips, “What are you making anyway?” Tiffany asked, “I smell pancake mix. What kind of pancakes are you making? Are they from scratch?” Jejung looked at his box & smiled, “No.” He tried lying. She shook her head, “I didn’t finish. I smell pancake mix & don’t lie.” Jejung groaned, “Okay, fine, I’m using pancake mix.”

 

While he was mixing the batter & strawberries & chocolate together, Tiffany got up from her seat as she heard the mail being put into their mailbox. She walked over to the front door & unlatched it, breathing in the fresh air. Walking slowly down the steps, she counted over to the mailbox & took out the mail. Some bumps on a few envelopes signaled that they were for her. After spending five months going to a special facility to teach blind people how to read, she now knew how to feel the bumps & know what they read. She slowly walked back to the house & sat back down at the table without Jejung even knowing that she had left in the first place. Singing to himself as he poured the batter into the pan, he turned around & smiled lovingly at her. Glancing just once, he turned back around.

 

Jejung dropped the spatula he was holding in his hand & his other hand touched the side of the pan in shock, causing him to wince loudly in pain, “Ouch!” Tiffany, upon hearing the noise, quickly got out of her chair, knocking her chair over. Jejung quickly looked up from his hand & ran over to Tiffany, “What are you doing out of your chair?! When did you go out to get the mail?!” He demanded, to know. Tiffany didn’t hear the last part. She had only heard the ‘Ouch’. She grasped his hurt hand & gently felt for the red spot. Jejung bit his lips in pain to tried to hide it from her. Tears came to her eyes as she massaged the spot gently.

 

“You are hurt. I know you are. Don’t try to hide it.” Tiffany wiped away her tears. It was times like these that made her hate herself for being blind, “You are hurt & I can’t even see it & take care of it.” Jejung lifted his hand up & wiped away more of her tears, “Shhh, I’m fine. Really. It will be okay.” He looked around & spotted the medicine cabinet in the kitchen, “Wait right here.” Tiffany just stayed where she stood, still upset at herself for not being able to see the burn on her husband’s hand.

 

Jejung came back with a tube of ointment for burns in his hands & smiled widely as he pressed the tube in her hands, “Why don’t you help me rub this on me?” Tiffany managed a small smile & took his hand to . She kissed the burned spot. Jejung smiled, feeling the healing power of his wife’s mouth. He always felt better with her kiss anywhere. He took his hand back, “All better. We don’t even need the ointment.” Tiffany shook her head furiously, “No.” She said, & took his hand back into hers as she flicked the tube of ointment open with her other hand. Squeezing out a small amount, Tiffany tearfully smoothed it over the burn. Jejung’s heart broke at the sight of her tears, “Come on sweetheart, I’m really okay. It’s just a minor burn. I’m sure everyone has their first cooking accident.” Once she was done, Jejung pressed his lips against her forehead, “No more crying alright?” Tiffany shook her head, pleased that the burn was attended to.


She went to sit back down at her table & thumbed through the mail. She looked up again, when Jejung let out a groan as he saw the burnt pancake in the pan, “You are a worthless chef.” He told himself. Tiffany smiled & went back to her mail. One of them particularly interested her. She frowned in confusion as she didn’t feel a sender’s address on it. Flipping it around, there was still no address to be felt, “Weird.” She said, as she ripped the envelope open. A three by five notecard fell out onto the table. Feeling the type on it, she let out a little gasps & the card dropped to the floor unnoticed.

 

A/N: if you guys are interested, please check out my new, short fanfic ^^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/813321/what-might-have-been-friendship-sad-snsd-tvxq-yunri-yunsica-love