Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 62

 

A cold draft hit his body as soon as he walked into his house. Jejung shuddered. He looked around the big house & felt a sense of incompleteness. He couldn’t quite understand why. He remembered purchasing this house & could remember the times he would be at his home alone. He only remembered himself ever living in the house. His black/gray diesel harold solar fashion sneakers barely made a sound as he walked into the marble foyer & gazed up at the crystal chandelier, turning on the light, hoping that would help warm him but the cold feeling remained. Jejung shook his head, wondering why his home felt as if it was missing something. As he tried to think what it could be, his head started throbbing in pain. He winced & took in a deep breath. He breathed a sigh of relief as the pain slowly ebbed away.

 

He gazed around his surroundings again, & started walking to the living room. What he saw shocked him. There were various photos of Tiffany on the fireplace mantel & a much larger painting of her placed in the middle. He cursed & scowled at those pictures in anger. He walked to the fireplace & started taking the frames down. As he reached up to take down the large painting, a vision of him putting up the artwork caused him to stumble backward. Jejung looked up at the painting, wondering if he really just had a flashback. He shook his head again, “There’s no way that I can have a past with that woman!” He said, out loud. He took down the painting & turned it so that it faced the wall.

 

As he stared up at the blank space on the wall above the fireplace & of all the turned over photo frames, he suddenly felt colder than before. Shivering, he decided to head towards the kitchen & make himself a hot cup of tea to warm his insides. He figured the coldness was due to the fact that he was still recovering from the accident. As he sat down with a mug in his hand, his eyes wandered to two aprons draped over the chairs next to him. He reached over to feel them & gasped as he felt the rose petals in a pocket in the front. He frowned & reached inside his black excell leather jacket pocket to take out the blue & black silk rose pouch. They were both made of the same material. As hard as he had tried, he just couldn’t remember what they signified. He didn’t even remember placing something like that in his pocket. It had just appeared on top of his clothes on the day he left the hospital.

 

The headache consumed him again, as he tried to remember, this time much more fierce. He pocketed the rose pouch unknowingly & left the kitchen & walked upstairs to his room. He groaned & moaned as he saw what was above his bed. It was a wedding picture of him & Tiffany, “That must be digitalized! How did she get into my house?!” He asked furiously, hating the woman that was giving him this migraine.

 

“She’s such a nuisance, huh?” Jejung turned around to see who had spoken. He smiled as he saw Boa & Seohyun in the doorway, “Hey girls.” Seohyun walked up to him & placed her hands on his temple to rub it. Jejung grimaced. She was doing nothing to help. Her long nails were digging into his soft, milky, white skin & she was going at the massage all wrong. He shrugged her hands away, “That feels much better, thanks.” He lied. Seohyun beamed, obviously believing it. She latched herself on his arm & Boa did likewise on his other, “That girl has been obsessed with you for the longest time & made a copy of your key to get into this house. It was right before the accident so you didn’t have a chance to change the locks yet.” Seohyun said, smiling the whole time, “So, that’s how she did it. I need to file a restraining order against her. The next thing I will hear is that I really am married to her.”

 

Boa gasped, “But Jejung Oppa, you are married to her.” Jejung looked down at her in shock, “What are you pulling at Boa?” Boa blushed. Seohyun could have kicked her for saying that out loud but she knew that it was going to come out sooner or later, “I can’t remember how she did it exactly. It might have been hypnotism.” Seohyun said. She nodded vigorously, liking the idea, giving herself a pat on the back for her cleverness, “Yeah, that’s right. She hypnotized you one day & got you to agree to marry her.” Jejung lifted an eyebrow quizzically. That story sounded way too outrageous but he could think of no other reason why he would marry this blind, pregnant, of poor background woman that he didn’t even know. Seohyun dug into her chevron bp. printed canvas tote & produced a brown manila envelope, “She got you to marry her before the accident too, so you didn’t have a chance to get the divorce papers & a restraining order so I took the liberty of helping you file for those.” Jejung grinned, “You did? Such a smart girl you are.” Seohyun felt as if she was on top of the world with all his compliments.

 

Boa, on the other hand, bit her red thick, full lips uneasily. It was true that she really liked Jejung but was lying to Jejung really the best way to get to his heart? She wanted to be with him but was hurting Tiffany exactly the right thing to do? Today, if she remembered correctly, was supposed to be Jejung & Tiffany’s one year wedding anniversary but as she looked up at Jejung again, her heart melted & she told herself that it was the right thing to do. Seohyun didn’t seem to have any doubts so why should she?

 

Jejung accepted the documents with a big smile on his face. He took out his pen but as he bent to sign his name, his head suddenly started hurting again, & it went to his heart. He felt breathless as his shaking hand guided the ink closer to the document. Cold sweat appeared on his brow, ‘What is wrong with me?’ He thought. Trying to avoid those weird feelings, he just pressed the ink on the line & signed. However, it became harder & harder for him to write as he signed all the other pages. Once he was finished, he had expected to have this feeling of relief & satisfaction but all he could feel was this pain in his head & heart. Seohyun & Boa looked at him & wondered if it was possible that even though physically, he couldn’t remember Tiffany but his conscience still did.

 

The phone rang drowning their thoughts away. Jejung reached into his pocket, his fingers brushing the rose pouch as he took out his cell phone. He frowned at the choice of music that was the ringtone for his phone. He didn’t know that song so why would he have it as his tone. Boa noticed his frown & realized automatically what was wrong. She stared at the phone in alarm.


“Hey Yunho.” Jejung said into the receiver, after seeing who it was that was calling.

 

“What’s up?”

 

“Um...I don’t know how to tell you this but you have a gig booked for today. It’s a rather important one.” “What gig?” Jejung asked confusedly. He didn’t remember ever booking a performance for today.

 

Jejung could hear Yunho’s sigh from the other line & couldn’t help but wonder what caused it. It wasn’t his usual frustrated upset sigh. Instead, it sounded almost sad & remorseful, “The gig was planned for a very long time but we just all forgot about it but it is of great importance. It’s going to be taking place at roses of park. The stage area will be in the back of the park. It’s been specially prepared, waiting for you.”

 

Jejung wrote everything down, “So, it’s going to be at eight tonight?” Jejung checked his embassy black expansion band with black dial watch & frowned, “That’s in less than three hours. I better get prepared. See you there.”


“Oh, I will be there in the audience. Meet me in front of the hedged garden in the middle of the park & we will go over the details there half an hour before the starting of the show, sounds good to you?” Yunho asked, holding his breath. Hopefully, everything was going to go as planned.


“Sounds crystal clear.” Jejung hung up the phone & flashed his beautiful million watt smile at the two girls, “Guess where we are going tonight?”


Seohyun & Boa tried to force a smile on their faces but they both turned out to be lopsided. They remembered reading something about the performance that Jejung was performing today & they weren’t happy about it one bit. Seohyun walked up to him & s her arms around him, rubbing herself against him, “Oppa honey, can’t you skip the performance at the park? I mean, you just got out of the hospital. You should rest some more.” She touched the scar at the back of his neck, one of the marks that he had received from the accident. Jejung took her hands away from him, “I’m perfectly fine & I have never missed a performance before & I’m not going to start missing any right now. Besides, the doctors gave me a clean bill of health.” He smiled once more at them & without giving them another chance to protests, Jejung went to change.