Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 43

 

She didn’t know how long she sat on that cold floor, reminiscing about Jejung before lifting herself up finally. The sound of footsteps alerted her & she called out, “Who’s there?!” At first, she thought it was Sunny & Siwon but she didn’t hear Sunny’s shoes unless she changed them which wasn’t likely. Three men sauntered over towards her, laughing “Hey girl, remember us?” Tiffany stiffened at the voice. Even though it had been a while since she had encountered them, she would never forget the men who had attacked her. She backed up against the wall, “Don’t come near me again? Please leave?” She could feel them surrounding her & she started breathing uneasily, “No, please don’t?!” But her cries were blocked by one the men covering & pulling her away.

 

Sunny finally reached the parking lot & spotted Siwon with a huge bouquet of flowers of almost every kind. She smiled & walked over to him. He quickly the flowers at her, “For you, sweetie.” He bent down & brushed his lips against hers quickly. Sunny inhaled the scent of the flowers, “Thank you. Congratulations by the way.” Siwon put his arm around her & they started walking towards the campus again, “Did you get enough sleep on the plane? How are Soo & Keunsuk Oppa?” Siwon smiled, yawning though, “A little jetlag but it’s worth it & Sooyoung & Keunsuk are both doing great, couldn’t see a happier couple except for us & Jejung & Tiffany, of course.” Sunny stiffened a bit at his last comment. All she could whisper was, “Yeah.” She looked up & froze in her footsteps. Sunny threw her flowers at Siwon & started running, leaving a baffled Siwon behind, “Hey, what gives, sweetheart?” He said, running behind her.

 

Jejung was walking out, laughing at something the girls around him said when suddenly, a fist came out of nowhere & punched him in the face. He was knocked backwards onto the ground. Siwon speed up behind Sunny, pulling her back, “Hey, calm down, Sunny. What’s wrong?” Sunny struggled to get out of her boyfriend’s grasps, “Let me at him! Let me at him!” She cried. Jejung was helped up by Seohyun & Boa who along with the rest of the girls shot daggers at Sunny with their eyes. They all cooed over him. Jejung rubbed his red cheek, “Where the heck is Tiffany, Jejung Oppa?” Jejung shrugged, “How would I know? I’m not her keeper.” He said cheekily, “What do you mean you don’t know, dude?” Siwon asked, “You are her boyfriend, you have to know.” Jejung shook his head, “Didn’t I tell you? We broke up.” He straightened his gown but it was no use so he just took the thing off & flung it to the ground.

 

“What do you mean you broke up? How? When?” Jejung didn’t get to answer as another fist swung out at him suddenly from nowhere & connected with his jaw, “Jejung Kim Jaejoong, how dare you!” Sooyoung lashed out at him. Jejung opened his mouth, trying to get some feeling back into his slackened jaw but instead, pain engulfed him. He turned over to face Sunny & Sooyoung, “Hey, what the heck are you doing?” Sunny just stared at him furiously, not believing that he had actually said that. She ran back into the school with Siwon following behind her. Sooyoung & Keunsuk grasped Jejung’s arms, without giving him a say in the matter & went in after Sunny & Siwon. They finally reached the front of the courtyard. Sunny gasped & looked around frantically when she couldn’t find Tiffany anywhere.

 

“Where’s Tiffany?” Sunny asked, grabbing Jejung’s arm & holding it in a surprisingly tight grip, “Where is she? You were supposed to look after her while I was out. Where is she? How could I have entrusted you to her?” Sunny said, her legs weakening as she slowly slid down to the ground, “I can’t believe we lost her.” Siwon bent down & pulled her to him, calming her down, “I’m sure Tiffany is okay, we will find her.” Sunny shook her head, two fat teardrops landing on top of his hands. Keunsuk stared at them & stopped his wife from getting closer to his friend. Instead, he punched Jejung in the face & kept on beating him, “How could you do that to her? I can’t believe you.” Siwon looked at them, a confused expression on his face, “What the heck is going on here, you guys?” He moved to pull Keunsuk off of Jejung but Sunny stopped him, glowering furiously, “He deserves it.” She said menacingly, as she got up, prepared to go find Tiffany as quickly as possible. Something fell out of Jejung’s coat pocket & Keunsuk finally stopped punching Jejung as he saw it. He went over to pick it up. Jejung gasped as he saw what it was. He quickly took it out of Keunsuk’s hands & ever so gently hugged it to him. It was Tiffany’s pink rose pouch. He felt a piece of paper inside & quickly opened it & took out a small piece of paper. It read.

 

‘Dearest Jaejoong Oppa,

 

All these years have passed & finally, my wish has come true even if it doesn’t mean much to you anymore, it still means a lot to me. I’m so happy & overwhelmed with joy to see you finally graduate from university with your business & accounting degree. Auntie Kim & uncle Kim must be awashed with pride. Congratulations, Oppa. No one deserves it more than you. I wish you the best in the future. I would like to close this letter by thanking you for taking care of me for these past couple of months, despite what I did. I have nothing more to give you for all that you have done & to express just how happy I’m for you I’m giving you my most prized possession, my rose pouch. In the future, I know that you will find the right woman for you to spend the rest of your life with. I don’t want this rose pouch to ever affect you both. Thank you for everything, Oppa. This will be the last letter that I will ever write to you. I promise to never bother you again.

 

Love Miyoung’

 

“Miyoung.” Jejung said, as he spotted the dried water spots where her tears had fell. He looked up at his friends. Keunsuk threw another piece of paper at his face & he looked down. His eyes grew as big as saucers as he saw what was written down. Siwon looked over his shoulder & finally understood why everyone was so mad at Jejung. He, just like everyone else, punched him in the face. He started beating him senseless just as Keunsuk had done. It took a lot of effort on Jejung’s bodyguards who finally showed up at the scene to pull him away.


“You don’t deserve her, Jejung. How could you?” Jejung’s eyes filled up with tears as the words from the letter kept on running through his mind, “Miyoung.” He kept on repeating over & over again, as the piece of paper fell to the ground. He got up quickly & started running, Tiffany’s rose pouch clutched tightly within his hands. Everyone stared after him in shock but then started running after him, splitting up into different directions, “Miyoung, please be okay?! I will never forgive myself unless I find you! I’m sorry. I’m really sorry for leaving you alone! Please be okay?!” Jejung said, out loud as he ran from hall to hall, searching frantically for Tiffany.

 

A/N: i feel so bad for making you guys hurt for these past few days with all the sad chapter but i hope the upcoming chapters will brighten up your guys gloomy days ^^