Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 59

 

Mr & Mrs. Kim was discussing with the doctors & were given hospital gowns so that they could sit at the bedside of both, Tiffany & Jejung. Mrs. Kim went to sit with Tiffany while Mr. Kim went to sit with Jejung. Mrs. Kim’s eyes started to teared up again, as she sat down in the chair by Tiffany’s bedside & took her warm hands into her cold & shaky ones. She pressed a kiss on each of her hands, “My dear girl, will you ever be freed from the hospital visits?” She managed to choke out as a joke, “You know that you have always been a daughter to me & have been such a precious addition to our family. So please, don’t scare your mom & dad like this? Open those beautiful eyes of yours. Wake up please?” Mrs. Kim said in a cracked voice. She couldn’t bear to look at Tiffany without crying again, so she looked away & took a tissue out of her black/gold michael kors hamilton medium traveler bag to dab at her eyes.

 

When she looked around again, she gasped. Tiffany’s eyes were open. She suddenly jolted upright & squeezed her mother in-law’s hand. She recognized the touch & happily received it but it was the one she was craving for at the moment.

 

“Jaejoong Oppa.” She said tremulously, “Oppa, where is he?” She quickly scrambled out of bed & hit the bedposts as she blindly searched for the door to her room. As she felt her way, she tripped over the coffee table in the sitting area next to the door. The shocked mother-in-law finally came out of her daze to reach out to lend a hand to Tiffany to prevent her from falling & then hugged her.

 

“Tiffany, I’m so glad that you are awake but you have to stay in bed now. You are not fully recovered yet.” She said, this through happy tears now, “Mom, I want to see Oppa. I need to see him.” Tiffany said, crying. She finally felt where the door was & pulled Mrs. Kim along with her out the door. Keunsuk, Sunny, Siwon & Sooyoung had only enough time to cry out short exclamations at the sight of a recovered Tiffany before she had already led Mrs. Kim to Jejung’s room. They all wondered how she had known that he was there. Feeling the doorknob, she opened it, shocking Mr. Kim, “Dad, where is Jaejoong?” Tiffany asked.

 

Mrs. Kim nodded at her husband & together, they led her to Jejung’s bedside. Mr. Kim kissed his daughter-in-law’s cheek, “Thank you for coming back to us but this has to be a short visit. You need your rest as well.” Tiffany held onto her in-laws’ hands & hugged them close to her. Through her film of tears, she cried out, “I’m so sorry, mom & dad. I’m so sorry for what happened to Jaejoong. It was all my fault.” Mr & Mrs. Kim smiled warmly down at her & bent down to be level with her, “It’s not your fault, darling. We would have all done the same thing for you as you would have us. We don’t blame you for anything. Jejung will be okay, he’s our strong boy. He will be alright.” & with that, they both kissed her cheeks & walked out of the room, leaving Tiffany alone with Jejung. After they had left, she quickly took Jejung’s hands into her own & kissed them, her tears dropping onto them.

 

These were the hands she had been craving to touch since the accident had happened & they were brought into the hospital, “Oppa.” She simply said, & felt upwards, feeling the bandages surrounding his chest & head, “Oppa, I love you so much. I miss you so much. Wake up & let me hear your voice so that I know that you are alright?” She shut her eyes & clasped her hands over his to say a word of prayer. She mouthed the words quietly & prayed for Jejung’s good health & the health of her unborn baby, leaving out her health in the process.

 

By the time she was finished, she felt the hands in hers twitch. Tiffany gasped out loud. The people looking out at the window gasped loudly as well as they saw those hands move. Then his eyes opened. Jejung looked up into the big emotion filled but blank eyes of Tiffany. He cringed as he felt one of her teardrops land on his face. He pulled a hand away from hers & wiped it away. Tiffany opened to speak but Jejung beat her to it, “Who are you?” Those next words stabbed into her heart & shattered it into a million of pieces, “& what the heck are you doing in my room?”

 

Jejung glared at the suspicious woman in his room. Through the cornered of his eyes, he realized then that he wasn’t in his room but rather in a hospital room, “What the heck?” He said again, not understanding how he got into the hospital, “Why am I in the hospital?” His answer went unanswered as the woman threw her arms around him & sobbed against his shoulder, saying ‘Oppa’ over & over again. He was shocked as he realized that the woman was pregnant. He used all of the strength he could muster to push her back, “I ask you again, who are you & what are you doing in my room?”

 

Jejung looked around & didn’t see any of his bodyguards or family & friends in sight. It confused him, ‘Shouldn’t they all be around me right now since I’m in the hospital?’ He thought, ‘Why would they let a strange pregnant woman in?’ He quickly saw the call button on the side of his bed & pressed it quickly now that he had the chance but it turned out that he didn’t have to. The woman in front of him wasn’t only pregnant, he realized but she was also blind. He waved a hand back & forth, up & down her face & saw that she didn’t even as much blink through her tear-stained eyes.

 

Tiffany swallowed the lump in . Jejung had pushed her away from his embrace. It was the first time that he had ever really done that & forcefully, too. Her worst fears were coming to life right before her & she couldn’t even see them happening which frightened her even more. She managed to break out in her cracked broken voice, “Jaejoong Oppa, don’t you remember me?” She held her breath, praying with all her might that he was just joking with her. She managed to smile as she realized that that was it. He was just trying to make light of the situation. Tiffany let out a somewhat relieved laugh, “Jaejoong Oppa, I know what you are trying to do but it’s not going to work. I can see right through you & your jokes. Don’t pretend that you don’t know me anymore. I have been so worried about you.”

 

Jejung let out an incredulous laugh, “You have got to be kidding me. You claim you know me & can see right through me but look at yourself, you are as blind as a bat. Why would I be associated with someone like you? I have better things to do with my time.” Tiffany froze. Those words were the harshest things he had ever said to her about her blindness. He would never make fun of her about that, especially not in this way, “Jaejoong Oppa.” She breathed out again. Jejung threw his hands up in frustration but then winced as it brought on a headache. He reached his head & found the source of pain that he was feeling. He gingerly felt the bandage around his head & wondered how he got them. He glared back at Tiffany.


“Could you please stop calling me that? I haven’t gone by that name since I was like fifteen. If you are one of my fans, you should know that I prefer to be called Jejung.” He glanced at the clock again, & saw that only eight minutes had passed since he had pressed the call button but still no one came to his aid, “Where the heck is the security? If I had the strength, I would have pushed you out the door right now.” Tiffany gasped, “Jaejoong Oppa, do you really not remember me?”

 

“For the last time, no. Now kindly leave. Security is really failing these days. I need my rest. I have no time to entertain a pregnant blind women like you. I never have & don’t plan to. If you are a fan, just leave your name & card & I will send you an autographed cd in the mail.” Jejung sighed exasperatedly as the woman before him stay rooted to her spot. Her eyes were filled with painful tears & he grimaced as the tears fell onto his blanket. She suddenly reached out for his shoulders & held onto him tightly, “Jaejoong Oppa, you can’t forget me. I’m your wife. It’s me, Miyoung. Please say you remember?” Tiffany dropped her hands & reached under her hospital gown to find her rose pouch. Then much to Jejungs dismay, she reached under his shirt & produced the other rose pouch, “What the heck is this?” He asked in alarm.


“You can’t have forgotten our rose pouches. Remember when you gave this to me back then. I remember it just like yesterday. They are our roses of yesterday.” She had her hands on his shoulders again, shaking him. Jejung tried to remove her hands from his shoulders but with his lack of strength, her grip remained firm, “Wife?! What wife?! Roses of yesterday?! I have never heard of anything more ridiculous!” He scoffed, “I have never been married in my life & why would I marry a blind person like you?!” He tried pushing her hands away but to no avail, “Oppa, please don’t scare me? Don’t do this to us? We have been through so much. I refuses to believe it. Don’t forget the long journey that we took that brought us to where we are today.” Her breathing grew ragged & her voice cracked as she sobbed. She started shaking which shook his shoulders in return & that was how they found them, with Jejung trying his best to push her away & with Tiffany shaking him as more & more tears flowed from her blank eyes. Overcome with emotion, Tiffany couldn’t take it anymore & her eyes rolled back in her head as she collapsed on top of Jejung once again. Jejung cried out loud, “Get this insufferable blind crazy woman off of me!” He yelled, out loud. His parents & friends gasped out loud, “No.” They all said, at the same time.