Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 30

 

The next morning, Tiffany accompanied Jejung to his second press conference. She sat in the front row where Jejung had a direct view of her, making sure that she wouldn’t come to any harm. Siwon & Sunny sat on either side of her, acting as her bodyguards. Tiffany shook her head slightly when Jejung started staring only at her, telling him to avert his gaze silently. The press conference ended in five hours. By that time, Jejung was exhausted & wanted nothing better than to return to Seoul. They all said their goodbyes to Yunho & Siwon ended up driving them all back instead.


“Oh, I can’t believe we are finally home! It feels so good to be back home!” Jejung exclaimed, as he got out of the car & stretched his arms out wide, embracing his surroundings. He put his arm around Tiffany & pulled her close to his side, “I feel that you will be more safer here.” Jaehwa came out with two other servants & they quickly tended to the car & their luggage, “I’m so glad to see you young master Kim & miss Tiffany.” Tiffany bowed down a bit to Jaehwa, “It’s great to see you too, Jaehwa.” Jaehwa’s eyes twinkled as he smiled. He went to instruct the servants to first bring in Jejung & Tiffany’s suitcases to their respective rooms. Another servant drove up to the front of the Kim mansion with Siwon’s car.

 

Siwon put his arms around Sunny’s shoulder as Jejung did with Tiffany. Jejung noticed the changes in his two friends’ relationship. He winked at them, “So, you two played nice last night, huh? Things going well between you two?” Sunny actually blushed a bit before she & Tiffany punched him on either side. Jejung pretended to be seriously hurt, “Ouch, that stung, Sunny.”


“Well, our relationship is none of your business, just as yours & Tiffany is none of ours. We are our own people & have our own relationship. If we need your help, we will come to you for counseling.” Sunny said, mock seriously. Jejung laughed & nodded, “Okay, geez, I was just kidding. I’m happy that you guys are getting along well. After all, you guys are arranged to be married.” Sunny froze a bit at that. Siwon noticed & went over to put his arm around her shoulders once again, “For your information noisy Jejung, that should be the title of your new cd, Noisy Jejung.” He sighed & looked at Sunny once before continuing, “I love Sunny Lee Sunkyu & it has nothing to do with our arranged marriage. I just wanted to let you guys know that we finally told each other about our feelings & I really do truly love Sunny. She’s the special girl of my heart.”

 

Sunny felt her heart swell with obvious joy at his words, “I love you too, eggman Siwon.” Siwon laughed & pecked her on the cheek, “Aw.” Jejung commented. Tiffany poked him in the ribs again, “I’m really happy for you two.” Tiffany told them. Sunny went up to hug Tiffany tightly, “We are so blessed to have two great guys as our boyfriends. God has surely been good to us.” Tiffany smiled, “Yes, he has. He has given me someone to love & someone to love me as well.” She looked up at Jejung when she said this & he smiled down at her. Sunny pulled away, “Well, I have to get going now to let our parents know about how we progressed.” She rolled her eyes, “Parents these days. They should believe in us more.” Tiffany & Jejung waved goodbye to the two of them as they sped away in their car.

 

When they got back inside the house, they found that everyone was out for the day so they had the house all to themselves. They decided to make the most of it by lounging out in Jejung’s room, on his bed with their arms around each other, “Oppa.” Tiffany said quietly. Jejung murmured a “Yeah?” Tiffany took in a deep breath before she said what she wanted to say. She had been planning this all night & had finally decided to tell him what she had been thinking about for a long time.


“I have decided to move back home.” She got ready for his outbursts & closed her eyes in anticipation, “What?!” Jejung looked at her incredulously & pulled away from her to let her face him. He looked into her eyes but found that she had her eyes closed, “Miyoung, open your eyes.” Tiffany shook her head, “We need to talk about this now & I had prefer to be able to see your eyes while I talk to you.” Tiffany relented & opened her eyes to stare into the depths of his. He smiled down tenderly at her, reassuring her, “Why did you say that you want to move back home?” Tiffany pulled out of his arms & got up to pace around the room.

 

She bit her baby pink lips, “It’s just that I have stayed in your house for months now & it is time that I move back to my own home.” Jejung scoffed, “You call that a home? Donggun treats you like nothing.” Tiffany looked down, not being able to meet his gaze. Jejung immediately felt bad for what he had said. He put a hand on her shoulder, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. Forgive me.” A tear slipped through her eyelids.

 

“It’s just that when my mom died, I promised her that I would take care of Donggun no matter how terrible a guy he is. I owed it to her & Donggun has been my one parent for so long. I have no other relatives.” Jejung brushed away her tears as he always did.


“I’m sorry but I just don’t want to see you go. I have grown accustomed to seeing you all the time since you started living here with me.”

 

“Yeah, but still, I feel like I’m intruding. I know that you don’t mind & neither do your parents but still, I feel like an outsider in your warm family sometimes. I’m always the guest that never leaves & that isn’t a very good position for me to be in.” Jejung forced her to look up at him, “You are family. Do you know that?” He smiled a little shyly at her & wiped away the moisture on her cheeks, “If you are not officially now, you would be since I do plan to have us married in about a year after you graduate.”

 

“Thanks Oppa, for those words but still, my choice is made up. I need to learn how to take care of myself again. You have spoiled me way too much & I haven’t been back home in ages. I don’t even know what has become of Donggun.”

 

“You have nothing to worry about there. Your stepfather has been doing pretty well. I told you before about how I have someone to go check up on him, right?” Tiffany shook her head, “Oh, my bad.” He said sheepishly, “Well, I have had someone check up on him occasionally. He has finally gotten himself a job at a gas station & seems to have started drinking less. He’s been taking care of himself.” Tiffany breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“That’s good to hear but still, I kinda miss home a bit.” She somewhat lied. She needed to go home where she wouldn’t see so much of Jejung. She needed to figure out what to do with her problem right now & if she should tell Jejung or not.

 

Tiffany hugged Jejung close, “I’m going to miss you but please let me go home & work things out first & allow me some time to fend for myself. I feel as if I have relied on you way too much lately & I would like to depend on myself more now.” Jejung understood what she was getting at even though he desperately didn’t want to see her go. He nodded anyway, “Okay, fine, you can go home but once you start feeling as if it isn’t home anymore, you can come straight back here. My family & especially me will welcome you with open arms.”


“I will keep that in mind.” She said nonchalantly. Jejung tickled her waist. She giggled, “Okay, okay, I know that you all will always welcome me so the moment I feel unhappy back at home, I will come to you.” Even though Tiffany had said those words, Jejung didn’t quite believe her since she had always been like this. She would tell him that she would call him if she was ever in trouble when she was younger but it had always been Jejung who had found her in trouble rather been notified when the thought of trouble was brewing. He sighed against her hair, worried about her but also respecting her decision, “Then let me hold you close while I still can? After you are gone, I won’t get to hold you like this much longer. I tell you, I’m going to feel very depressed when I wake up & not see you beside me.” Tiffany gently touched his cheek & wrapped his arms more securely around her waist.

 

A/N: i'm sorry for updating so late since i was celebrating my 29th birthday with my family :/

about tomorrow, i don't think i will be able to update since i will be busy doing a family tradition & then going out to eat with my friends to celebrate my birthday but i will update one chapter before going to sleep tomorrow so please be patient with me <3

- butt3rflyl0v3r