Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 33

 

All dressed up & nowhere to go was the perfect phrase to describe the three guys dressed up in new black tuxedos, glancing down at their watch, one after the other. The cameraman came up to Keunsuk once again, to ask him if the bride to be was ready yet. Keunsuk smiled apologetically at the guy, meaning that Soo still hadn’t made her way out yet. Jejung & Siwon had resorted to a game of rock paper & scissors as they betted on who would come out of the dressing room first but they looked towards the dressing room every now & then to catch the first sight of their beloved’s face when they came out but after more than thirty slight turns of the head, they still hadn’t seen their girlfriends’ presences.

 

Jejung & Siwon sighed as they both looked away from the dressing room once again. Keunsuk walked up to the two of them & straddled a chair as he faced the two guys. He held out his hand & formed the shape of a rock, “I’m sorry dude, you lose. Me & Jejung both got the paper. Tough luck.” Keunsuk chuckled slightly, “Well, it’s well worth it.” An ugly thought suddenly popped into his mind & he grasped both of his friends arms tightly, “What if Soo decided to leave me here? Maybe she doesn’t want to get married to me after all & slipped through a door behind the dressing room or something like that.”

 

The two guys stopped what they were doing to laugh at Keunsuk’s comment, “Dude, chill out.” Jejung told his friend, “Yeah man, my sister would never do that to you, at least I don’t think so.” Siwon said, with a hint of humor in his voice. Keunsuk shook his head, “What if all three of the girls decided to just band up together & leave us all? Maybe the wedding scene was just way too much for them.” Jejung & Siwon looked at each other & laughed again, but that did get them thinking. The three women had been in the dressing room for an awfully long time, “Nah, they wouldn’t do that.” Siwon said, with tentative assurance.


“Hey, Sunny! What’s taking you so long?! Come out already!” Siwon shouted out, at the dressing room. When there was no responses, his shaky smile completely died. Jejung got up & cupped his mouth, yelling out to the dressing room in the back of the boutique, not caring if everyone in the store thought he was an idiot! “Miyoung, are you all dressed yet?! Why don’t you come out & let me see?!” There was still no responses & Jejung blanched. Did Keunsuk really say the right thing? Did the three girls really ditch them? All logic left their minds at the prospect of them actually leaving. The three guys panicked, looking at each other with matching expressions of fear. They all scrambled up & headed towards the dressing room door.

 

Sooyoung held onto the hands of her two best friends & counted with them softly, a beautiful smile radiating off of her face, “One.” Sooyoung counted, “Two.” Sunny said, “Three.” Tiffany finished as they pushed open the door together. Once the door opened at they were revealed, Keunsuk, Siwon & Jejung all dropped their jaw as they immediately got tangled up together in their haste to get to them. With a loud thud & cries of pain, the three men fell down in a mass of arms & legs all wrapped up together in awkward places.

 

Sooyoung stood there stunned with Tiffany & Sunny for a second before they all burst out laughing, pointing at them. Meanwhile, flashes from a camera were taking pictures of the scene. There was even a person recording it on a camcorder. Apparently, Keunsuk had organized for professional photographers to film & take pictures of their entire wedding process, “Did you get that? Everything? Including the look on their faces & the whole fall?” Sooyoung asked the photographer & the guy handling the camcorder. They all gave her a thumb up sign & smile to tell her that they did. Keunsuk groaned, “This is sure a wedding capture to remember.” Siwon & Jejung shook their heads as they got up from the ground.

 

Tiffany & Sunny walked up to their boyfriends & started brushing off the dust that had gotten onto their suits. Sooyoung stood up on her toes to give her fiance a small quick kiss on the lips, “You got that right, honey. Thanks for the first memorable event of our wedding.” Keunsuk grinned down at his wife to be, “As long as you are happy & it’s all good just as long as we don’t show it to anyone.” Sunny shook her head, “No, you can be reassured that we will show it to the whole world.” Sunny looked at Tiffany & winked at her.

 

“Wouldn’t it be great if we could broadcast this on national, no international television & show the world famous singer Kim Jejung & entourage make fools of themselves.” Tiffany laughed & looked at Jejung’s bewildered face. She rubbed his face, tilting his jaw back into place, “That would be fun, right, Oppa?”

 

The wedding boutique owner walked up to Keunsuk & Sooyoung to tell them that everything was all ready for them. The six of them got up & proceeded to take pictures. After Keunsuk & Sooyoung was done with theirs & they had done the group pictures, Sooyoung & Keunsuk pushed the other two couples separately to take their own pictures, “Don’t worry, I paid for them.” Sooyoung also nodded her head to reassure her brother & Sunny, “We just thought that why let this chance go to waste. You guys look beautiful & the setting is great.” Jejung & Siwon didn’t need to be asked twice. For the rest of the day, the three couples took turns taking pictures together & found their own romantic setting. It was only no time at all until the wedding will finally occur, “Jang Geun Suk, do you take Choi Sooyoung as your lawfully wedded wife, to hold & to cherish in sickness & in health till death do you part?” Keunsuk’s eyes misted over as he smiled down at his soon to be wife. With no hesitation at all, he said the sacred words, “I do.” The minister looked over at Sooyoung, “& do you, Choi Sooyoung, take Jang Geun Suk as your lawfully wedded husband to hold & to cherish in sickness & in health till death do you part?” Sooyoung’s eyes twinkled as she smiled at Keunsuk’s emotional state. A long pregnant pause could be felt & Keunsuk started to sweat as he continued to stare down at the charming woman in front of him.

 

From behind, Sunny coughed back a laugh at Sooyoung’s antic. Unable to keep him in suspense any longer as the minister cleared his throat, prepared to ask the question again, “I do!” Sooyoung said, out loud, causing everyone to sigh in relief. Keunsuk gave her a slightly stern but amused look to tell her that it wasn’t funny, “By the power invested in me by the holy lord, I now pronounce you man & wife. You may now kiss the bride.” Keunsuk didn’t have to be asked twice. Before Sooyoung could prepare herself, he lifted her into his arms & landed a kiss on her pink lips. Her eyes went wide at the unsuspected onslaught but she laughed into his mouth, knowing that this was his revenge & then she succumbed herself to his kisses. Everyone cheered. They were finally married after all these years of being together. After the kiss was over, the newlyweds ran towards their car & speed away to their new home where they would changed & then proceed towards the banquet to celebrate their union.


“I can’t believe you are finally married.” Mrs. Jang said, giving her son a kiss on the cheek after pinching it affectionately, “My little boy is all grown up.” Keunsuk blushed but laughed.

 

Sunny & Siwon walked over towards the newlywed couple along with their parents in tow. Siwon thumped Keunsuk heartily on the back, “I guess we are brothers now. Who would have known.” ‘It’s just a grand & joyous occasion.’ Tiffany thought dreamily. She wondered how it would be to get married with the person you loved who in this case was Jejung. She blushed at that thought. As soon as the daydream ended, she smiled but suddenly felt a wave of dizziness overcome her. She stumbled a bit & reached out to grasps onto something which happened to be Sunny’s arm. Tiffany’s brows furrowed as she held a hand to her temple.

 

Instantly concerned, Sunny reached out with her other hand to steady her friend, “Tiffany, are you feeling alright?” Tiffany battled the pain increasing in her head & took in a deep breath to will it away. Once the pain subsided, she smiled & patted Sunny’s arm in thanks & reassurance, “I’m fine. Don’t worry. It must be the champagne that I’m not used to drinking.” Sunny looked at her quizzically. She didn’t even know that Tiffany drank but what reason had she to lie. So, she thought nothing of it. However, this sudden bout of dizziness didn’t go unnoticed by Jejung who quickly rushed to her side. Tiffany held a hand out, “I’m okay, really.” After searching her eyes, he was satisfied enough with her responses but everyone kept an eye out for her for the remainder of the evening.

 

The time to make a toast came near & Mr. Choi tapped his wineglass with a spoon to get everyone’s attention. Once the hall quieted down, he held the microphone to his mouth & spoke out loud & clearly. He turned towards the new married couple, “I would just first like to say how proud I’m of you today, Sooyoung, my darling little girl. You look absolutely beautiful today.” He then turned to Keunsuk, “I also want to tell you that I couldn’t have chosen a finer husband for my daughter & to rejoice in your union, I have a gift for you two.” Mrs. Choi smiled & took out two envelopes from her navy michael kors jet set travel small tote purse to pass to her husband.

 

Mr. Choi smiled & opened the first envelope to hand over the contents to Keunsuk. Keunsuk & Sooyoung looked down & covered their mouths with shock before looking up at her father again, “Dad, these are two tickets for a vacation around Europe.”


“I know that you two weren’t planning on having a honeymoon & wanted to just get back to work but I believe that every couple deserves a honeymoon. I spoke with your supervisors already Keunsuk, & they thought the same way & I will be responsible for the restaurant while you are gone, Soo.” Sooyoung got up from her seat to give her father & mother a big hug, “Thank you mom, dad.”


Siwon cleared his throat from the end of the table, “Dad, I could take care of the restaurant while Soo is gone. I’m quite capable. After all, the restaurant is half mine as well.” Mrs. Choi looked at her son & shook her head. She then took the second envelope out of Mr. Choi’s hand & passed it over to him. Siwon look at her with a thick eyebrow raised & slowly sat down again, as he opened the envelope. When he read what was inside, he quickly shot up again, that his chair fell down in the process, “Mom, dad.” Mrs. Choi smiled, “Yeah, it’s a vacation ticket for you & Sunny to go on a vacation in Hawaii for a week.” It was Sunny’s turn to abruptly get up from her seat, “What?” All eyes were on them now.