Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 29

 

Tiffany stepped out of the bathroom completely refreshed & feeling much better about herself. Jejung was lounging out on the bed in his own nautica loungewear, anchor crew tee & kint pants pajamas, leafing through a magazine but when Tiffany came out, he quickly got up & went over to her to put his arms around her, leading her to the bed. He laid down beside her with his arms still encircling her body, “Are you feeling better now? Comfortable?” Tiffany nodded her head, “I’m feeling much better.” She suddenly reached up to touch his face, tears starting to well up in her eyes.


“What’s wrong?” Jejung asked worriedly, looking deeply into her eyes. Tiffany wiped away her tears, “Nothing, I just have this sudden urge to touch you. I want to memorize your face & be able to remember every ridge when I close my eyes & feel it so that I know that it is you even when I can’t see you. In my mind, I will be able to know every part of you even when you are not near me.” Jejung laughed gently, putting her hands on his face, feeling her fingers touch his eyes, nose, cheeks, chin, “Silly girl. What brought on these sudden thoughts?”

 

She stiffened a bit & racked her brain for an answer, “It’s because of today. I was so scared tonight that I thought that I would never see you again, or never have the face to see you again, if those men had achieved.” Jejung put his finger to her lips, “Shhh, don’t say anymore.” He hugged her close to him again, “I don’t want to hear about that situation ever again. I would never ever let that happen to you again, or even come close to it. I promise. I’m just so grateful that I was able to find you in time before.” He shook his head, not wanting to go on, “Let’s just say that I’m glad that you are okay.” Tiffany drew circles on his chest & laughed gently, “How many times are you going to say that tonight?”

 

“As many times as I want because I’m really happy that you are okay. I would never be able to forgive myself if I let something happened to you. You are the woman that I love.”

 

“Thank you, Jaejoong Oppa, for always being there for me.” Tiffany said, with more tears in her eyes. He reached down & brushed away her tears.

 

“That’s what I was born to do, to stay by your side always.” Tiffany’s eyes turned away from his at that point, “Okay, now, you have had a tough day so let’s go to sleep.” He drew the blankets over them & immediately fell asleep. Tiffany, however, stayed awake as she silently wept against the cotton of the comforter that’s covering them. She couldn’t take the doctor’s words away from her mind. It played in her head again & again. She was going to go blind. Soon, she wouldn’t be able to see anything anymore but most importantly, she wouldn’t be able to ever see Jejung’s sweet face again. It hurts too much to think about that. She knew that she couldn’t ask Jejung for the money for the surgery even though there was no doubt that he would give it to her.

 

The surgery also might not be successful & she would have spent a lot of Jejung’s money without having any success. It would be unfair to him & selfish. She couldn’t take away the money that he worked so hard for. She wasn’t the right match for Jejung. It was seen in people’s eyes when they saw her & him together. What would people think when they see the famous Kim Jejung with a blind poor girl for a girlfriend. She cried herself to sleep that night, never letting go of Jejung, wanting to memorize his vanilla scent & the feel of his arms around her, “I love you so much, Oppa.” Jejung smiled in his sleep as if he had heard her & shifted in his sleep a bit but never leaving her embrace.

 

Meanwhile, in the next room, Siwon & Sunny were sitting on the opposite ends of the bed, not knowing what their sleeping arrangements were. Siwon sighed & took in a deep breath, “Why are you sitting so far away from me? I don’t bite & it was you yourself who agreed for us to sleep together tonight.” Sunny gasped loudly at that & glared at him, “Don’t make it sound so bad. I’m not going to sleep with you.” Siwon blushed, realizing what he had just said, “Well, you know what I meant.”

 

Sunny crossed her arms & turned her back to him again, “Obviously I don’t. I don’t know about your past with your many girlfriends. I barely even know you.” She added quietly, “So, you have had countless of boyfriends yourself. For all I know, you might not even be that innocent.” He didn’t even look at her but at her silence, he stole a peek & was surprised to see that tears fell from her eyes. He quickly rushed over to her & put his arms around her, “I’m sorry, Sunny. I didn’t mean that. Don’t cry.”

 

“How could you say that about me? I’m as innocent as they come. What you said really hurts. Do you really think that of me?” She started rambling on as she usually did when she was upset & sad. Siwon placed her head on his shoulder & cried on it, “I can’t stand to think that you might think something this terrible of me.” “I’m really sorry about what I said. I know that you are innocent. I shouldn’t have provoked you that far. It’s just that it was kind of awkward having you sit all the way over on the other end & not really saying anything. It is late & we should be getting to bed.” Sunny placed her hand on his shoulder, “I guess I overreacted but you should know how I feel about you now, right?” Siwon smiled lightly & shrugged, “No, I have no clue.” He lied. Sunny pulled away from him & saw his eyes twinkling playfully. She pushed him on the chest, “You do know but why don’t you admit it? Do you feel the same way about me yet?”

 


“So what if I do?”


“Then tell me. I need to know.” Sunny said exasperatedly, “I want to hear you say it first.”

 

“I kinda like the girl being the instigator. Why don’t you tell me how you feel about me first?” Sunny opened in shock, “But...But.” She let out a sigh & struggled to get out of his hold, “I’m the traditional old-fashioned kind of girl. It should always be the guy that expresses his feelings first.” She blushed a bit. She wanted their feelings to be out in the open finally but Siwon was just being so stubborn.

 

Siwon put his arms around her again, & forced her look at him. He placed his mouth on hers as they shared a sweet passionate kiss, “Does that answer my question?” Sunny smiled, “That was a good start but I still want to hear the words.” He gently touched her face & stared deeply into her eyes.

 

“I love you, Sunny Lee Sunkyu. I don’t know when it started but I love you. I thought you were special the first time I met you & having gotten to know you more throughout these months, I know that you are. I thank our parents for putting us together. I love you.” Sunny stared at him & suddenly broke down crying, completely shocking Siwon, “Why are you crying? Shouldn’t you be happy? I love you. Isn’t that what you wanted to hear? Or was it something else?” He hit himself in the head, starting to get a bit embarrassed for expressing his feelings just like that without really knowing that that was really what she wanted to hear. He might have mistaken for all he knew.


Sunny stopped him from saying anymore by pecking him on the lips & touching his face as well, “I love you too, Choi Siwon. You stole my heart without me even knowing when, eggman.” Siwon laughed at her use of his nickname, “I forgot that I should also thank the eggs for letting you bump into me in the first place, therefore, putting us together.” They laughed gaily, happy that their feelings were finally voiced out. That night, like Tiffany & Jejung, Siwon held Sunny close as they fell asleep to share their dreams of romantic bliss together.