Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 42

 

Sunny gestured to Siwon from above that they will be outside waiting for him but to Siwon, it meant for both him & Jejung. Sunny then took a firm hold of Tiffany’s arm & led her outside to the crowd. After walking a bit, she felt Tiffany stiffen. Sunny looked to see Jejung standing in front of the courtyard, staring wistfully out with his cap in one hand & the other pressed against the window. Sunny smirked at him & started leading Tiffany away faster. Jejung looked up when he heard the noise made by Sunny’s silver BCBG paris faythe sandal heels. For once, she cursed her shoe fashion sense, “Stupid Sunny, why wear shoes that clop clop clop like a horse?!” She muttered angrily to herself. Tiffany laughed a little at that & they both turned around to face Jejung.

 

Jejung walked over to the two girls but stopped in mid-walk as he finally got up close & personal look at Tiffany. His heart clenched as he looked at her in shock. She was even thinner than he had imagined. If it were even possible, she looked even skinnier than when they first met again, & her face was almost chalk white. He wanted nothing more than to reach a hand out to her & her face to ask her what was wrong but stubbornly, he held his arm to his side. He looked over to smile at Sunny, “Siwon’s gone to his car to get you something but he will be back soon to find you.” Sunny just stared at him angrily, “Thanks.” She said unwillingly, seething through her teeth. With that, she turned around & led Tiffany away but they didn’t even get down to the end of the hall when Seohyun, Boa & some other girls came to a halt in front of them.

 

“Hey, Sunny.” Boa said breathlessly, “Siwon Oppa’s looking for you in the parking lot. He’s going frantic. So cute.” She said smiling. Sunny only nodded at her, “He will find me.” Boa shook her head, “He’s like waiting out for you in the front. He told me & the other girls that if we find you, you will go get him.” Sunny rolled her eyes, tugging Tiffany along, “Come on, let’s go.” Tiffany shook her head, “If it’s okay, I want to talk to Jae...I mean, Jejung Oppa for awhile.” She said softly. Jejung couldn’t help but feel saddened at her change in name for him. It was the first time that she had ever really called him by his other name. It was as if all that they had, the memories they shared, were finally over.

 

Sunny shook her head, “Are you sure?” She asked, looking quizzically at her. Tiffany nodded her head, smiling “Yeah. I will be fine.” She looked over to where she thought Jejung was standing, “Besides, Jae...I mean, Jejung Oppa promised me no matter what that he won’t let anything happen to me ever.” Jejung looked up at that revelation. Sunny looked over at Jejung, not really trusting him but the image of how much Jejung cared for Tiffany didn’t shake from her mind & she believed that he would always take good care of her friend even if they had broken up. She smiled at Jejung & walked with Tiffany over to him, putting her hand in his, “Okay Oppa, I’m handing Tiffany over to you. I will be back soon.” Sunny gave Tiffany a little hug, “Stay close, you hear?” Tiffany nodded her head, patting Sunny’s hand reassuringly.

 

Once Sunny was out of sight, the girls who were in the vicinity scowled at Tiffany who still had a genuine smile pasted on her face. Seohyun walked up to Tiffany slowly & with one hand pushed her down, “What are you smiling about fashion disaster?” Tiffany stumbled back & rubbed her shoulder, grimacing. She turned back towards the sound but looked away, standing silently, trying to figure out where Jejung’s position was. Concentrating, she walked quietly over to Jejung & took his hands into hers again. She smiled at him, “I just wanted to congratulate you. I’m so happy for you.” Jejung just stared down at her & their en-clasped hands in shock. Seohyun’s eyes widened at the nerve of her. She complained loudly, “Oppa, come on, there’s a party waiting for you at the moonlight lounge!” She pulled Jejung away from Tiffany.


“Don’t dirty yourself with a girl like that. Just thinking about what she did to you makes me so sad.” She said, starting to pout & pretended to wipe a tear from her eye. At the mention of that incident, Jejung willingly walked away. He tweaked Seohyun’s nose & smiled at her, brightening her mood, “You are absolutely right, dear. Come on, let’s all go to the party. Standing near her is ruining my mood & we wouldn’t want that, would we?” All the girls crowded around him, pushing Tiffany out of the way, “No!” They all said happily. They proceeded to walk away together, chatting incessantly. Tiffany swallowed back her tears. Making up her mind, she pulled Jejung’s gown back & hugged him, placing something within his coat pocket, “Jaejoong Oppa, thank you for making my wish come true. I just wanted to tell you that.” Jejung looked down at the girl in his arms with a surprised expression. His mind brought him back to that time when they were little & she had wished on their first sight of a shooting star.


With the help of the other girls, Seohyun successfully pulled Tiffany away from Jejung again, shoving her to the floor, “Don’t ever touch Oppa again. He isn’t worthy of your cheating dirty hands. Come on Oppa, let’s go.” Jejung smiled, not looking back, just saying for the last time, “Don’t do that ever again.” Tiffany just sat on the ground, tears falling from her eyes. She reached under her sunglasses & wiped them away but they still kept coming, “Jaejoong Oppa.” She said softly, through her tears as she heard him & the crowd of girls leave.