Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 65

 

The ambulance rushed Tiffany to the hospital while Jejung was by her side the whole time. He looked like a madman as he held onto her hand tightly, whispering sweet nothings to her, trying to get her to wake up but to no avail. Even when they got to the operating room, he wouldn’t let go of her. Siwon was called on his shift to deal with him. He tried his best to pulled him back & hold him. The whole family was at the hospital when they heard the news that Tiffany had been shot. Keunsuk came to take a hold Jejung’s other side to prevent him from entering the operating room, despite all his kicking & screaming.

 

“Get a hold of yourself, man. This is a hospital. All your screaming isn’t going to make Tiffany get any better soon. The doctors don’t need you to make things worse than they are as they are trying to save her.” Jejung stopped fighting at Siwon’s words. Siwon & Keunsuk let him go as he slumped down on the floor, his eyes crestfallen. He couldn’t speak coherently anymore. His vocabulary only included ‘Miyoung’. Keunsuk & Siwon helped him back up again, & patted him on the shoulder, “It’s going to be okay. Tiffany will pull through. She’s tougher than you think. Don’t worry about it.” Keunsuk tried to reassure him. Jejung just shook his head, “It’s all my fault.” He said in the tiniest of whispers.

 

Sunny, who was hugging Sooyoung & Mrs. Kim for support walked up to Jejung & put her arms around him, “It’s not your fault, Jejung Oppa. I won’t blame you for this one. I would like to but I won’t. No one could have stopped this from happening. It’s just fate. No one counted for you to lose your memories & forget Tiffany. Don’t dwell on it.” Siwon looked down at his girlfriend in awe. It was one of the nicest things that she had ever said. She must be really scared & hurt to say what she just said. He pulled her away from Jejung to embrace her instead. Jejung didn’t believe a word of it. He knew that he was the one that had done this to Tiffany. He, as much as, put the bullets in her.

 

Mrs. Kim walked over to her son to embrace him next, “Jejung, honey, I’m so glad that you got your memories back.” Jejung pushed her away, “Why did I have to forget her in the first place? Of all the memories I had stored in my mind, why did I have to forget Miyoung? Why?” He started crying again, his tears landed in big droplets on the floor of the hospital. He wrapped his arms around his head. Then he did the unthinkable. He got up from the ground & started banging his head against the wall. Siwon & Keunsuk sprung into action to stop him from hurting himself any further, “Get a hold of yourself.” Siwon said again. He & Keunsuk decided to just sit him down in the chair with their arms around his, holding him confined.

 

“Jejung, stop blaming yourself!” Mr. Kim called out, using his authoritative tone. Jejung suddenly started laughing a cold mirthless laugh, “You don’t even know the half of what happened at the park, the things I said, the things I did.” Siwon stiffened.

 

“What did you do?” He asked hesitantly. Jejung laughed again.

 

“I told her I hated her & wanted her out of my life & then I hit her.” His family & friends looked at him incredulously, “What were you thinking?!” Mrs. Kim wailed out. She couldn’t believe that her son could actually have ever done something like this, “Please tell me you are joking, son?” Mr. Kim said. Jejung’s face fell again, as he shook his head, “I broke every promise that I ever gave her. I hurtled her when I said that I would never do that.” He couldn’t continue. Everyone had half the mind to pummel him right there & then but seeing him in so much pain already, they knew that he had already gotten his ultimate punishment, the possibility of losing Tiffany.

 

The lights to the operating room were still but it was Sooyoung who noticed the door opening. She started pointing, “The doors.” They all stood up. Dr. Kang & two nurses came out. Jejung flung free of Keunsuk & Siwon to take the doctor’s hands, “Doctor, how is she?” Dr. Kang pursed his lips & shook his head.

 

“She’s lost a significant amount of blood & needs a blood transfusion right away. Are any of you family?” Jejung nodded, “I’m her husband, I can give her my blood, all my blood if you want.” He said, without thinking. Dr. Kang managed a small smile in the turn of events but shook his head, “I’m sorry Mr. Kim, but your blood type doesn’t match.” Jejung started panicking even more, “But all her family members are dead. She’s the only one left of her line.” Mr. Kim said.

 

“Wait!” Sunny cried, out loud, “I can give her my blood! We have the same blood type! I’m also O!” Dr. Kang’s eyes brightened up, “Would you really be willing to help Tiffany?” Sunny nodded vigorously, “I will do anything for my best friend.”

 

“Sunny, are you sure?” Siwon asked. Sunny nodded again, turning around to face him, "Me & Tiffany always joked about being blood sisters & giving each other blood if one of us ever got into an accident. Who knew that the joke became real.” She said, her voice broken. Dr. Kang ushered her away to get changed into a hospital gown. Siwon stepped in front of them, “If it’s okay, can I go with you? I want to be with her.” Dr. Kang nodded. Upon seeing that slight nod, Jejung ran up to them too, “Can I go, too? Please?” Dr. Kang shook his head, “I’m sorry but you can’t Mr. Kim. Siwon is a resident doctor right now so it’s okay for him to enter the operating room but you aren’t a student.” Without another word, Sunny, Siwon, the doctor & two nurses rushed to get ready. Sunny was being wheeled on a stretcher three minutes later with Siwon by her side, holding her hand.

 

“Don’t worry Oppa! Despite what you did to Tiffany, I don’t hate you! Tiffany will be saved! She will be, I will make sure of it!” Sunny called out, & then the doors to the operating room closed again. Jejung could only wait outside quietly with the rest of the family member & friends. It was half an hour later when Sunny was wheeled out again, being transported to her own room. Sooyoung & Keunsuk stayed with her through the remainder of the night. At one point, Mr & Mrs. Kim also left the waiting room, leaving only Keunsuk to look after Jejung. He gripped Jejung’s shoulder & gave it a squeeze, “Don’t worry, buddy. God didn’t give you back your memory only to take Tiffany away from you so fast. You just have to believe that all will end well.” Jejung patted the Keunsuk’s hand in gratitude, “Thanks, man.” Jejung’s head lifted up as he heard his mother’s heels coming back along with his father’s scuffle.

 

His heart did a flip flop & he gasped as he saw what they were carrying. Mrs. Kim managed a smile towards her son. She handed out the pink bundle to Jejung, placing it carefully in the crook of his right arm. Mr. Kim did likewise with the blue bundle, placing it within the crook of Jejung’s left arm. Jejung stared down at the two bundles in awe & new tears rolled down his cheeks, “Meet Seungheon Kim Sam & Sora Kim Abby.” Jejung hugged his two babies close to him & bent down to kiss each of their sleeping faces, “Twins?” He asked. Mr. Kim nodded, “Seungheon was protecting Sora with his heartbeat so we didn’t know that there was two until the birth.”

 

Jejung was at a loss for words. He kissed his children again, “Forgive your daddy. I wasn’t there for your birth as I had promised. Forgive me for hurting your mommy so much.” He held the two babies gently to himself for they were still very tiny in sizes, “I love you both.” Mrs. Kim reached out to take Sora from him again, while Mr. Kim took Seungheon, “We have to bring them back to their cribs now.” The nurse that was with them smiled & nodded, “You can come visit them again, in the morning.” She hesitated before also saying, “My prayers are with Mrs. Tiffany Kim. She will be okay.” Jejung smiled softly in thanks.

 

It was five hours later that the lights to the operating room turned off. Jejung stood up with a start. Dr. Kang came out again, in his newly cleaned scrubs. He shook his head again, “We tried our best but Mrs. Kim is currently in a deep coma. The bullets luckily didn’t damage any vital organs. One just missed her heart & the other went through the fleshy part of her hips.” He took in a deep breath & sighed before continuing, “But she has been in a state of weakness lately, having just birthed the twins. Her stitches were opened again, & an infection took place.” Jejung gasped. An image of Seohyun kicking Tiffany in the stomach came to mind, “Due to the loss of blood, her body is just not responding & performing in the right way.”

 

Jejung grabbed a hold of the doctor’s shoulders & shook him, “How long will she be in a coma? She will wake up, right?” The doctor looked down at the floor, “It’s hard to say Mr. Kim. She might wake up in a week but it could also take months or even years before she wakes up & in a lot of cases, she might never wake up again.” The nurses came out with the stretcher, carrying Tiffany at the moment & Jejung rushed over to take her lifeless hand in his, pressing it to his lips & then holding it close to his heart, “Please don’t ever let go of my hand, Tiffany?”

 

A/N: you guys must have known that sunny doesn't have the same blood type as tiffany as hers is B & jaejoong & sooyoung's blood type is O like tiffany but i will be changing all three of their blood types so you guys don't misunderstand :)