Roses of Yesterday

Roses of Yesterday

Chapter 57

 

Seo Donggun looked a lot thinner than Jejung last remembered. He was still just as burly but the pot belly had disappeared & before him stood a much more clean, scrubbed & healthy man. Donggun’s eyes immediately focused on Tiffany & for the first time ever in his life, as he glanced at Tiffany, his heart constricted with guilt & pain at what he had forced upon her, “Tiffany?” He managed to rasp out. Tiffany’s mouth opened up to a smile as she beamed at the sound of his voice, “Godfather?” Donggun nodded. He sat down at the table & took her hands into his big ones, “I don’t deserve that title from you, girl. I’m so sorry for what I have done to you all these years. I deserve to rot in hell.”

 

Tiffany squeezed his hands reassuringly, “I came here today to tell you that I forgive you.” Donggun shook his head continuously, “I don’t deserve your forgiveness but I did hope for it. Your mother entrusted you in my care & I failed you miserably.” Tiffany shook her head, “As long as you realize what is right now from what is wrong then I’m happy.” Donggun nodded, “Yes, I have been sober for months now & I have been reading the bible that you mailed me when I first came in. Thank you for your kind heart & forgiveness.” Jejung watched the interaction between his wife & father in law & couldn’t help but think that it was the right thing to do to bring Tiffany here today. He hadn’t wanted to but he now knew that it was right.


“Donggun, I never did think that I could forgive you for what you have done to Miyoung all these years. I have watched countless of times helplessly how you abused her since she was a child to the time just about a year ago when you beat her so severely that she became blind.” Donggun lowered his head in shame as he remembered all those times that he had hurtled the beautiful angelic girl in front of him that had only ever wanted to be a good daughter to him, “But since Miyoung has agreed to forgive you, I choose to as well. I just really hope that this time around, you will really learn from your mistake & become a man again, rather than the sorry excuses you were before.” Tiffany shook her head & smacked him lightly in the stomach again, “Ouch. Okay, I’m sorry.”

 

Donggun smiled at the couple in front of him, “That’s okay, Tiffany. I deserve it. Don’t defend me.” He squeezed her hand again, “I’m so glad that you found your happiness, Tiffany. May it never leave you because you are most worthy of it.” Tiffany grinned happily.

 

“Now, why don’t you stand up so that I can see your belly that is housing my future step grandchild.” Tiffany got up as Donggun did & placed her hands around him to hug him. Shocked at her display, he didn’t know how to react at first but then, he also placed his arms around her large form & thanked god for giving him such a perfect daughter. He thanked him for her forgiveness. When Tiffany pulled away from him, she placed her stepfather’s hand on her belly & allowed him to feel the baby’s kicked.


“Wow, that’s a feisty one. I predict it to be a boy with all that energy.” Tiffany nodded, “I think so too, but Jaejoong Oppa thinks otherwise. He thinks it’s a girl.” Donggun looked up & once again, was hit by the wave of affection that Jejung had for his wife & unborn child. He had read about their romance in the papers that went through the prison as well & was among the millions in the world that were touched by their story. They talked more about their lives now & at the end of their meeting, they promised to see Donggun more often.

 

As they drove back home, they made a stop at the supermarket first to get some groceries. It was on the walk where they first met each other. Tiffany smiled as they carried the eggs out into the parking lot, “Remember when I first smashed my entire egg carton onto you? I also remember that was how Sunny & Siwon first met, it was also because of eggs.” Jejung nodded, “Of course, how could I forget? It was love at egg sight for me & Siwon.” Tiffany laughed & threw her arms around Jejung & kiss him on the lips, “I thought it was love at rose sight for me & you. I knew I loved you when you gave me the roses, rose pouches, the rose garden & park. I don’t believe that you loved me at the time of the eggs.”

 

Jejung hugged her tightly, not caring about the public display of affection he was performing right now, “Oh, believe me, I loved you when I first saw you. It might have been more of friendship & care but the love was there, it was unmistakable. Why else would I give my trading card money to you to buy more eggs?” “Thank you so much Oppa, for everything.” Jejung her cheek fondly & then went to put the groceries into the back trunk. Tiffany sighed & smiled happily, wondering if life could get any better. She stepped away from the car to breathe in some fresh air, looking up into the sky, imagining the bright stars in her mind.

 

Suddenly, a loud noise disrupted her thoughts & she heard the sound of a car revving up. She gasped as she heard the engine roar & the car suddenly started speeding over the limit towards her. Jejung looked up just in time to see the car speeding towards Tiffany & reacted instantly. He dropped the bag he was holding as it fell to the ground. Ironically, it was the bag with the carton of eggs he just bought, “Miyoung, watch out!” His heart nearly stopped as he got around his car quickly & raced towards her. It happened in less than a second. Tiffany felt Jejung push her out of harm’s way & felt herself falling to the ground but as she fell, she also heard the unmistakable sickening sound of a car hitting someone as she felt Jejung’s body fly away from her, “Miyoung!” He cried, one more time before landing five feet away from her with a loud thud as ribs cracked & his head landed hard on the asphalt, “Oppa!” She screamed out loud, as she sobbed uncontrollably.

 

She felt around for him but he was nowhere near. The car had revved up again, & speed out of the parking lot as quickly as possible. The deed was done, “Oppa!” Tiffany cried again, & crawled towards where she thought he was. When she reached him, her hands were shaking uncontrollably as she felt his blood seep through her fingers. Jejung smiled painfully up at her, his vision started to getting blurry as he reached an equally shaking hand up to her face. He fought for his breath as she tried to wipe away her tears, “I’m still here, Miyoung. I will always be here for you. I won’t leave you, my love. Never.” Tiffany grasped onto his hand for dear life, “Oppa, please be okay? I love you so much. I love you.” Blood came out of his mouth as he struggled to talk again, “I will always love you.” He breathed out & then he let go of her hand & his eyes rolled back in his head.


“Oppa.” Tiffany reached down to feel his face, trying to reassure herself that he was still okay but all she felt was more blood along the lines of the face that she knew so well. Tiffany screamed louder again & again, disbelieving that he was gone. She vaguely heard the sound of people exclaiming all around her & the sound of sirens echoed throughout the night. It was too much for her to bear & she passed out on her husband’s chest, his blood mixing with hers as blood flowed down between her legs.

 

 

A/N: i'm sorry that i'm only able to update one chapter today since this morning i was so busy :(

i will see how tomorrow goes, if it goes well, i will be able to update maybe two or three chapters but if not, i will only be able to update one chapter so please be patience with me

- butt3rflyl0v3r