F.S.C

An Inventor's Mistake

Double update! Read the previous chapter if you haven't.


Once they came back home, Yoomi quickly pushed the shopping cart to the back where her machine is. "Alright, now I can finally get started on this," Yoomi said. She looked through the cart, trying to find the things that she needed. "Nope, no, not this either," she said as she started throwing things behind her back. "Aha, here it is," she said as she smiled. She held the wrench and walked over to the machine.

"Now to look in here," she said. She took out her glasses from her pocket and put them on. "Wait a minute, since when did you where glasses," Myungsoo asked. He was standing there, watching her the whole time.

"Oh, these are fake," she said as she pointed at them. "I just wear them to look smart." She sat down and started to unscrew the bolts.

"Wow, this girl sure is something," Myungsoo said to himself. "Who would wear fake glasses just to look smart?" He looked over at her and saw her concentrated face. *But then again, she looks pretty cute with those big glasses* he thought as he kept looking at her. *Wait, what am I saying? I must be crazy to call someone as weird as her cute.* He started hitting himself thinking that something might be wrong with his head.

Yoomi looked over at him. "Why are you hitting yourself, are you frustrated with something?"

"No, I just..." he tried to think of an excuse, "Tried to kill this mosquito." He started to swat the invisible mosquito in the air. Yoomi looked skeptical, but just went back to work. Once she was able to look inside of her machine, she had on a look of frustration. "Almost everything is damaged since it was out in the rain for too long. Now I really have to replace everything in here," she said.

As she was working, Myungsoo watched her for a while before going into the house. As he closed the backdoor, he said, "Wow, it's the first time that I see a girl work on a machine like that," he said surprised. "Well, I guess there's a first time for everything." He went over to the couch and started to watch t.v.

A few hours later, he started to grow bored. "There's nothing to watch," he said as he flipped through the channels. He looked out the window and saw that it was still bright outside. "I wonder if I should go outside," he said to himself. As he was contemplating whether or not he should go outside, Yoomi came out with a weird looking machine. "What's that?" he asked. It was really weird looking with wings and something in the back, and it was also completely covered by something so that you couldn't see any openings.

"Oh, this? It's the shopping cart. It seems like you didn't really want to use this so I decided to play around with it, and also fixing my time machine is a lot of work so this is a way for me to unwind," she replied.

"Who unwinds by doing that?" he asked to himself. Myungsoo was bewildered by Yoomi's hobby.

"So do you want to play with this with me?" Yoomi asked.

Myungsoo thought about it for a moment. "Sure since I have nothing better to do," he said as he turned the t.v. off. He got up and followed Yoomi outside. They walked all the way to the park and when they got there, Yoomi started to look around. "Good, there's nobody here," she said. "Now I don't have to worry too much about this hitting somebody."

She the remote and started to control the shopping cart. "I call this the F.S.C, the flying shopping cart," she said. "Don't say anything about the name, I got my unoriginality for names from my dad." The cart started to fly up slowly causing Myungsoo feeling astounded. It did a few tricks in the air before landing again.

"Here, now you try," Yoomi said as she gave Myungsoo the remote.

"But I don't know how to operate this thing," he said as he took the remote.

"Don't worry, it's really easy," Yoomi said. "Push those two sticks up and it will fly, but don't push them too much or it would go too fast. The one on the left controls how high it would go and the one on the right controls where it would turn." Yoomi explained everything to Myungsoo and reassured him that he would do fine.

"Alright, here I go," he said. He did what Yoomi told him to do and it started to fly. "Hey, I'm doing it!" he said excitedly as it took off successfully. "So this is the one that controls where it turns, right?" he asked.

"Yup, pushing it to the left makes it turn left, pushing it to the right makes it turn right, and pushing it forward makes it go straight," Yoomi replied. Myungsoo started to do a few tricks that were more simple than Yoomi's, but he was still proud that he could do it anyway.

"Hey, did you see that? I just made it do a loop," Myungsoo said.

"Yeah, I did. You're actually a pretty fast learner," Yoomi replied. She looked over at him and saw him playing with it happily. He looked like a little kid playing with a toy that he just got and she had to admit, he looked pretty cute.

"So can you teach me how to fly it upside down?" he asked.

"Hmm, that's kind of hard to do, but I'll try to teach you anyway," Yoomi replied. Yoomi explained everything that he needed to do to successfully pull off the trick.

Myungsoo listened intently and did everything that he was told. "So now I just have to turn it a little," he said as he focused on the cart. The cart slowly started to fly upside down and Myungsoo smiled at his success. "Woah, look at what I just did."

"Wow, I think you might have a talent in flying this thing," Yoomi said amazed by how fast he learned.

"Of course, what can't I do?" Myungsoo boasted as he looked over at her.

"Psh, you're too proud of yourself," Yoomi replied as she looked over at him. "Being too arrogant is a bad thing."

"What's so bad about being proud of yourself. It's not like karma is going to get me for boasting," Myungsoo replied.

"Even though I fully believe in science, I think that bad things will happen to overconfident people," Yoomi said. She turned back around and her eyes widened. "Myungsoo, get down!" she yelled. "What do you mean-" before he could finish his sentence, Yoomi pulled him down so that they were crouched next to each other. There was a crash as something landed behind them.

Myungsoo turned around to see the debris of the destroyed F.S.C. "What just happened?" he asked.

"You let your eyes off of it for too long so it crashed," Yoomi replied as she got up. "Plus, this is what happens when you're too arrogant."

Myungsoo looked at the F.S.C again and got up. "You know what, I think I don't want to boast anymore," he said. "And sorry about your machine. I didn't mean for it to crash land like that." He looked very apologetic as he apologized to her.

Yoomi sighed. "It's okay, I can always make another one," Yoomi said as she accepted his apology. "Besides, we were pretty lucky. If we would have stood there for another 2 seconds, that thing would've crashed into us causing for us to have a fractured skull. Which pretty means death."

Myungsoo's eyes widened as he quickly gave Yoomi the remote back. "You know what, I don't want to play with this anymore. If you make another one, count me out," he said. He started to walk away quickly without looking back.

"Where are you going?" Yoomi asked.

"Home so that I can think about how dangerous it is to be associated with you," he replied.

"But this isn't even that bad compared to my other inventions," Yoomi said. "One person nearly got his head decapitated, but he's still fine. Even though he now has an irrational fear of pencils, he still has his head attached to his body and is living and breathing just fine."

Myungsoo stopped and turned around. "How is nearly having one's head chopped off somehow related to pencils?" he asked.

"It was a new invention and I wanted him to try it out for me," Yoomi replied slowly. "But ever since then, I kind of lost contact with him and whenever I see him, he tries to avoid me."

"Who was he, your boyfriend?" Myungsoo asked.

"No, I never had a boyfriend," Yoomi replied. "He was actually my uncle."

Myungsoo's jaw dropped. "So you almost killed a family member," he said.

"Yeah," Yoomi hesitantly answered. "But he's not dead yet."

Myungsoo stood there for a moment. "I'm out," he said. He turned back around and started to walk away.

"But who's going to help me clean this mess?" Yoomi yelled since he was far away.

"Clean it yourself!" Myungsoo replied.

Yoomi looked at the crashed F.S.C. "But what if somebody asks why there is a destroyed shopping cart that crash landed into the middle of the park? If they find out about this, I'm going to be in really big trouble," Yoomi said to herself. She looked around and was happy to see that no one was there to witness the scene. She then looked up and found all the security cameras in the park.

"Since there are no witnesses, I can just go home and hack into the cameras to delete all of the footage," she said. She then destroyed the remote control to destroy the evidence before walking back home.