Beach

An Inventor's Mistake

~The next day~

Myungsoo was smiling as he was looking through the pictures on his camera. He took many pictures of the beautiful scenery, but what made him smile was that Yoomi was in almost every one of them. They were taken without her knowing of course because whenever she saw him taking pictures of her, she would always scoot away and insist that he takes a picture of only the scenery instead. He also had some photos of them together after convincing her for who-knows-how-long, but he still got it. He looked at the photos of them smiling next to each other and made a note to copy it onto his phone.

“Okay, I’m ready to go,” Yoomi said as she stepped out of the bathroom. She saw him looking at his camera while smiling and grew curious. “What are you looking at?” she asked as she climbed onto his bed and sat next to him.

Myungsoo quickly turned off his camera to prevent her from seeing the pictures. “Nothing,” he replied.

“But you were clearly looking at something,” she said. “What is it? I’m curious.” She was about to take the camera and turn it back on, but he hid it behind his back.

“It’s really nothing,” he said innocently.

She looked at him with suspicion. “If it’s nothing then why can’t I see it?”

“You just can’t,” he replied.

“Alright then, I guess I’ll just-“ She made a surprise attack on him and aimed at the camera behind his back.

Myungsoo, with his fast reflexes, held the camera above his head. “Yah, I told you that it’s nothing.”

“But I’m curious; I want to know what it is.” She tried reaching for his camera, but he wouldn’t let her get any closer to it.

“But it’s nothing interesting,” he said.

“You’re lying; your voice became a higher pitch,” she retorted.

“No it’s not, why are you so interested anyway?” he asked. A playful smile then grew on his face. “Don’t tell me that you’re jealous, and thought that I took pictures of other girls with my camera,” he teased.

“Psh, as if I would ever do that,” she said. “I heard that there was a UFO here; maybe you actually took a picture of it.”

Myungsoo realized what she was talking about. “Wait, are you talking about the UFO Café and Bistro?” he asked. “I think that you heard wrong. There aren’t any UFOs here except for that restaurant that’s shaped like one.”

Yoomi took a moment to think about it. “Really?” she said. Myungsoo nodded. “Ohh, that makes more sense. That explains why so many people saw it.”

“See, I don’t have a picture of a UFO because we haven’t even been there yet and aliens don’t exist.”

“Yes they do,” she argued. “But I’m still curious about your pictures; you kept smiling when you were looking at them. Were they that pretty?”

Myungsoo nodded and smiled. “Yeah, they were,” he replied.

Yoomi grew even more curious by his answer. *What kind of pictures would make him smile that much?* she thought. She then started reaching for the camera again. “Then let me see.”

Myungsoo quickly brought it over his head again. “Oh no you don’t.” He tried to block her arms and prevent her from reaching the camera, but that was quite a hard task considering that he only had one free hand.

Yoomi huffed when he wouldn’t let her see the camera. *I want to see it. He has an awesome camera that would take pictures way better than my phone.* she thought. *I want to see the pictures that he took of the scenery.* She then stood up, hoping that it would give her an advantage, but Myungsoo grabbed onto her arm.

“Nope, you’re not standing up,” he said. “It would be unfair if you did.”

Yoomi sighed and sat back down again when he wouldn’t let her stand up. “Just let me see it~” she whined. “The view was so beautiful yesterday. I want to see the pictures that you took of it.” She started reaching for it again, but Myungsoo kept blocking her.

*She can’t look at these pictures. 99% of them are pictures of her and she would try to delete it if she found out.* He tried his best to fend her off, but she even climbed onto him to get the camera.

“Ah!” he yelped when she stepped on his foot.

“Sorry ahjussi, but I’m going to use you as a stepladder,” she said as she kept reaching for the camera. At that point, the tips of her fingers are already touching it, but Myungsoo fell back when she was using him to boost herself towards the camera.

They both fell back onto the bed with her on top of him. Yoomi saw the camera not too far away and went for it, but he pulled her back and got on top of her. “Ahjussi?” he said with a raised eyebrow. Both of his hands were next to her head, trapping her there. “Did you seriously call me ahjussi again?”

She looked around her and saw the camera right there, near the edge of the bed where Myungsoo left it to pin her down instead. Again, she tried to reach for it, but he grabbed both of her arms and pinned them down. “Are you seriously going to keep calling me ahjussi?”

Yoomi nodded. “Of course,” she replied. “You are an ahjussi after all. Now just let me see the pictures. I didn’t use you as a stepladder for nothing.”

“That’s all you’re thinking about when we’re in this kind of position?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“What are you talking about-“ She then noticed that he was on top of her and blushed. “Ohh,” she said in realization.

Myungsoo smirked. “Call me oppa.” Yoomi shook her head. “Why won’t you call me that?” he asked.

“Because you’re an ahjussi,” she teased as she stuck her tongue out at him.

“You shouldn’t tease me,” he said. “I have an advantage after all.”

She understood what he was talking about and regretted her decision of teasing him. “Oh, right…” She tried to take her arms away from him, but he was too strong.

“I thought that you were stronger than me since you beat me at arm wrestling,” he said. “But why can’t you get out of my grip?”

Yoomi huffed out of frustration. “Because you’re using your body weight to hold down my arms,” she said. “But once I’m standing up again then I can totally beat you up, and call you ahjussi as much as I want. I took classes after all.”

“But you’re not standing up right now,” he said with a smirk. “So if you want to get up then call me oppa.” Yoomi hesitated. “Call me oppa or…” He continued smirking. “…we could stay like this for the rest of the day.”

She blushed when she felt his breath on her face. He was only a few inches away and she wasn’t able to move since he was on top. “Okay fine,” she said reluctantly. She hesitated for a moment before speaking. “O-op… oppa…” She felt like she was standing near a volcano because her face felt so hot and it was completely red now.

Myungsoo instantly smiled when she finally called him what he wanted to hear the most. “Now say ‘Myungsoo oppa, you’re the most handsome person that I have ever met. You’re way more handsome and charming than any of the other guys in this whole world.’”

“What! You seriously want me to say all of that?!” she said in shock.

Myungsoo nodded. “Yup, and if you don’t want to then I’m going to kiss you,” he said.

Yoomi widened her eyes. “You wouldn’t,” she said. Myungsoo started leaning his face in and she instantly closed her eyes.

“Okay, okay, fine!” she said. He stopped when he was only 3 inches away from her lips. He wanted to kiss her so badly, but he knew that he couldn’t. “M-Myungsoo oppa, you’re the most handsome person I have ever met. You’re way more handsome and charming than any of the other guys in this whole world.”

Myungsoo smiled. Even if he wanted to kiss her that badly, just hearing her say that was already enough to make him feel fluttery on the inside. He then got off of her and stood up. “I’m satisfied,” he said. “You finally called me oppa and you called me handsome and charming.”

Yoomi sat up with a scrunched face. “But now that I can stand up again, I’m going to still call you ahjussi and beat you up.” She childishly stuck her tongue out at him which made him chuckle.

“You can’t do that,” he said teasingly. “Not to your handsome and charming oppa.”

Yoomi was about to say something, but remembered the camera that was near the edge of the bed. She glanced at him to see if he also remembered, and saw that he was not looking at the camera. Without even hesitating, she immediately jumped at it and the camera.

Myungsoo saw the camera in her hands and widened his eyes. “Yah-“

“Wait, why are there so many pictures of me?” she asked while looking through the pictures. “I remember telling you to only take pictures of the scenery.”

Myungsoo snatched the camera out of her hands and turned it off. “I did try to take pictures of the scenery, but you kept coming into it.”

“Really?” she said surprised. “Then let me help you edit it. “I’ll try to crop myself out or erase myself from the pictures.”

“No it’s okay. The picture was already taken so doing that would ruin the quality of it,” he said.

“But I’m really good at these kinds of things. I can make it look like I was never there in the first place, and there wouldn’t even be a single trace of it being edited.”

“No, it’s really fine. I took the pictures so if I want to edit it then I’ll edit it myself.” He then tried to change the topic. “Now let’s go to the beach. We still have to meet up with the others.”

Yoomi finally realized the time. “Oh no, we’re going to be late. We promised them that we would meet them in 10 minutes.” She quickly ran out of the door and pushed the button for the elevator.

“Yah, wait for me!” He hid his camera in a place where he was sure that she wouldn’t be able to find it before catching up with her.


 

“You guys are finally here!” Sungjong said when he spotted them. “We just finished burying Sungyeol in the sand.”

“Hi,” Sungyeol said while smiling at them. “I would wave or something, but my hands are kind of under the sand.”

“But since we’re all here…” Woohyun smiled and started running towards the ocean. “Let’s swim!”

The rest of them started running towards the ocean also, and abandoned Sungyeol there. “Yah!” Sungyeol yelled. “I want to go swimming also!” He started wiggling his arms and legs out of the sand, but he barely made progress.

“Let’s leave him.” Myungsoo was about to leave Sungyeol and run after the others, but Yoomi wasn’t moving.

“Um, I’m not really dressed for swimming,” she sheepishly said.

Myungsoo looked at her outfit. Surely enough, she was only wearing a shirt and jean shorts. “You don’t have a swimsuit?” he asked. Yoomi shook her head.

“Hey, if you don’t have a swimsuit yet then go buy one over there,” Sungyeol said as he tried to point at the direction with his head. “They sell a bunch of stuff there. They even sell a bucket and shovel for playing in the sand, which I bought of course.”

“Really?” Myungsoo said. “Then let’s go.” They started towards the place where Sungyeol pointed out.

“Yah! At least unbury me before you leave!” Sungyeol yelled. He tried to wiggle out of the sand, but it was no use. “Aish, I want to swim with them also!” He watched the rest of the members happily playing in the water with a pout on his face.

When Myungsoo and Yoomi arrived at the store, they started looking for a swimsuit. “Not this one,” he muttered as he looked at all of the female swimsuits. “Nope… no… no way is she going to wear that!” He saw a swimsuit that didn’t even look like it could cover anything, and was surprised that something like that could be sold in stores. “Why are all of these swimsuits so revealing?” he asked himself as he tried to find one that would cover her whole body.

“Wah, you seem like you know what you’re doing,” Yoomi said while watching him looking through the swimsuits. “Did you shop for a swimsuit as a gift to a girl before?” She had a curious expression on her face.

“No,” he answered.  “But why are you asking? Are you getting jealous?” He stopped searching for the swimsuit and playfully smiled at her.

She could feel her ears becoming warmer. “No,” she denied. “I’m just curious.”

 “Well, the answer is no. This is the first time that I have ever shopped for a swimsuit for a girl and it’s really embarrassing,” he said while looking at the girls who are watching him. They weren’t judging him and were even squealing because of how handsome he was, but he still didn’t like the attention. He then saw a swimsuit that wasn’t that revealing. It had a light pink tankini top with matching swim shorts. It wasn’t a one piece that covered even more, but it was better than the other swimsuits in the store.

He took the swimsuit off the rack. “Here,” he said as he gave it to her. “Try it on. If it fits then you can just wear it out.”

Yoomi nodded and went into the changing room. Myungsoo waited for her to come out and hoped that it would cover a lot. He wasn’t going to let her wear anything revealing, and especially not at the beach where there are other boys.

When Yoomi finally came out, he immediately blushed. Her swimsuit wasn’t able to cover her stomach, shoulders, and legs, but that lets him see her milky skin and long legs, and it almost gave him a nosebleed.

He then looked away. “D-does i-it f-fit?” he stuttered.

Yoomi nodded. “Yeah,” she said.

“T-then j-just wear it out,” he said as he rushed over to the cash register. After he paid for it, he tried to calm himself down. *Kim Myungsoo, it’s nothing new. You have seen many girls in swimsuits before and they were in even more revealing swimsuits than her. So calm down… calm down…* he thought while repeating it over and over again in his head.

“Myungsoo, did you pay for it yet?” Yoomi popped up behind him while holding her clothes.

“Y-yeah,” he said. “Let’s get back.”

They then left the store and started heading back towards the beach. “I’ll make sure to pay you back when we get back to the hotel,” she said. “How much was it?”

“There’s no need to pay me back. Just take it as some kind of gift or something.”

Yoomi frowned. “But I feel like I owe you a lot,” she said.

“You do, but just don’t pay me back this time,” he said. “If you do then I’ll double the amount that you’ll have to pay.” He hated it when she kept trying to pay him back for the things that he bought for her. He bought them because he wanted to, but why does she keep insisting on paying him back for it?

Yoomi pouted, but didn’t say anything. She also didn’t want to have to pay double the amount since it was already a lot. As they were walking, they passed by a group of boys.

Myungsoo saw them examining her from head to toe and his blood boiled. *Can’t they see that I’m here next to her!* he angrily thought. He glared at them and they instantly stopped looking at Yoomi because of his death glare.

Myungsoo looked back at her and sighed. *Of course, even this is too revealing.* He took off his shirt and held it out to her. “Here, put this on.”

She stopped walking and was surprised that he took off his shirt all of a sudden. “Why?” she asked.

“Because I want you to,” he said.

“But why do you want me to?’ she asked again.

“Because I want you to hold my shirt for me,” he explained. “I don’t want to wear it, but I also don’t want to put it on the sand so the best decision is for you to wear it.”

She looked at him with a weird look on her face. “And why don’t you want to wear it?”

“Because it’s hot,” he answered. “Now just be a good friend and put this on.”

“But if I wear it then I’ll get it wet when we go into the ocean.”

“It’s okay, I don’t care if you get it wet.”

She finally gave in and wore his shirt. Myungsoo was satisfied when she wore his shirt. *Good, at least now her upper body is covered.*

“Yoomi!”

They both looked up and saw Gikwang waving at them with a big smile. “Oh, Gikwang!” Yoomi smiled and waved back.

Gikwang ran over to them. “Are you going to the beach also?” he asked.

“Yeah, we’re heading over there right now,” she replied.

“Then let’s head there together. We’re going to the same place after all,” he suggested.

Yoomi nodded in agreement. “Sure.”

“Then let’s get there quickly. I really want to play in the water.” He gently grabbed her arm and pulled her along with him as he ran to the beach.

Myungsoo couldn’t believe it. This guy just came in out of nowhere and took Yoomi away from him. “I can’t believe it…” he said to himself. He watched them run away with happy smiles on their faces. “I won’t let you take her away that easily.” He glared at Gikwang before running after them.


 

Splash

Yoomi felt the ocean water hit her skin and squealed. “Yah, Kim Myungsoo!” Myungsoo laughed and splashed her again. Yoomi turned her head away to prevent the water from getting into her eyes, and started splashing him also.

“Yah!” he yelled when he felt her splashing back. He stopped splashing the water at her and shielded himself. “Yah! That’s too much water!” Large amounts of water kept coming at him, making him completely helpless with his hands trying to shield the incoming water.

“That’s what you get!” She laughed at him and advanced towards him. She didn’t dare stop splashing since it would mean that Myungsoo would regain his vision and mobility, which would mean that he could get his revenge.

And she was right; Myungsoo really wanted to get revenge at that moment, but how could he do that if he couldn’t see? Luckily for him, from his squinted eyes he could see someone’s legs. And by someone, he meant Yoomi. He smirked and reached towards her.

Yoomi felt surprised when her arm was grabbed and she was pulled towards someone. Before she knew it, she was looking at Myungsoo’s bare chest with wide eyes. She was so shocked at seeing his abs that her eyes almost popped out of their sockets. Myungsoo saw her looking at his body and smirked. “Yah, Song Yoomi…” He leaned his face towards her. “Do you like what you see?”

She looked at him and immediately blushed. She then pulled her arm away from him. “N-no,” she answered.

“But a no means that you did look at my body, right?” he teased.  She was bewildered by what he said and didn’t know how to answer. Myungsoo smirked when she wasn’t able to answer him and was about to some more, but he suddenly heard a very annoying voice.

“Yoomi-ah~” Gikwang called as he ran up to her with a big smile. “I’m done changing so let’s play now!”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. *So close!* he thought. He brought Yoomi to a more secluded side of the beach while Gikwang was changing, and thought that he couldn’t find them. But there he is, standing in front of Yoomi and laughing with her. Myungsoo scoffed when he saw Gikwang excitedly pull Yoomi over to his side to play with her.

“Myungsoo!” Myungsoo turned around and saw the rest of the Infinite members running over to him. “We’re finally finished with building the sand castle!” Sungyeol said excitedly.

“Yeah, and we put seashells on it and everything!” Dongwoo said.

“We would have taken a picture, but we’re not risking it,” Woohyun said. “My parents would kill me if they find out that I destroyed another phone.”

Sungjong took something out of his pocket. “But that’s where I come in…” He waved his phone that was in a waterproof case in front of them with a proud smile. “I already took the pictures when you guys were heading over here.”

“Woah, you did!” Sungyeol said with wide eyes. “Let me see, let me see!” Sungjong unlocked his phone and gave it to him. Sungyeol, Woohyun, and Dongwoo immediately started to look at the pictures of their recently made sand castle.

“Why didn’t you tell us earlier that you had a waterproof case?” Hoya asked. “You could have even worn it around your neck.

“It’s called a surprise,” Sungjong answered. “Sheesh, you’re no fun.” He then took his phone back and wore the long strap around his neck. “Are you happy now?” Hoya rolled his eyes at Sungjong’s childishness.

“But where’s Yoomi,” Sunggyu said as he looked around the beach. He then saw Yoomi push Gikwang into the water as they both laughed.

Myungsoo also watched them and felt anger swirling around inside of him. “I can’t believe that he just came out of nowhere and took her away like that,” he said while glaring at Gikwang.

“But woah, look at that guy. He has a body that I had always wanted.” Sunggyu looked at Gikwang’s toned body in admiration. His body wasn’t bad himself, but it was nowhere as muscular as Gikwang’s. “I bet all of the girls would totally fawn over him.”

“Oh please, my body is way better,” Myungsoo said. He then turned his attention towards Yoomi and Gikwang, and saw them playing with each other. *Could this day get any worse?*

“Myungsoo-ah~” Heajung came running up to him.

Myungsoo froze in his spot and closed his eyes when he heard her voice. *Please just let it be a ghost, please just let it be a ghost…*

“Myungsoo, why are your eyes closed?” Heajung asked as she stood in front of him.

Myungsoo blew his bangs up when he realized that the world had betrayed him that day. Then when he felt a little bit calmer, he looked at Heajung. “Go away Heajung; I still haven’t forgiven you for what you did to Yoomi,” he said. He then started to walk away.

“But Myungsoo, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that to her.” She grabbed onto his arm to prevent him from leaving. “Myungsoo, I really didn’t mean it,” she apologized.

“Don’t apologize to me. Apologize to Yoomi instead.” He tried to get his arm out of her grasp, but she wouldn’t let go.

“Myungsoo, I said that I’m sorry. Just forgive me and give me a chance,” she said.

Myungsoo tried even harder to get his arm away. “Let go,” he said. Heajung shook her head and held on even tighter.

He turned towards Sunggyu for help, but Sunggyu just shook his head. “Sorry, but I don’t want to get involved with this girl,” he whispered to Myungsoo before running away.

Myungsoo also saw the rest of the Infinite members following Sunggyu, they knew that it was best to not interfere. *Those guys…* he thought as he stared at them in disbelief. *They’re just leaving me here with this girl and not even helping me!*

Yoomi took a glance at Myungsoo and saw him with Heajung. Truthfully, she’s been watching him a lot without him knowing when she was playing with Gikwang. She would have brought him over if only she didn’t think that it was slightly embarrassing after he about staring at his body. But now she was regretting it. He was with Heajung now.

He was with Heajung who was in a bikini, a revealing one in fact. She could see her curves and everything. Her body alone could make any guy drool over her. *Does Myungsoo like girls with nice bodies like her?* Yoomi looked at herself and saw that she didn’t have much to show. She then felt insecure about herself thinking that Myungsoo would definitely prefer Heajung over her.

“Yoomi, are you okay?” Gikwang asked, worried since she looked sad all of a sudden.

“Huh?” Yoomi looked at him and snapped out of her daze. “O-oh, yeah. I’m completely fine.” She forced out a smile.

Gikwang knew that something was wrong, but he knew that she didn’t want to talk about it. “Then let’s go build sand castles or something.” He started towards the shore and expected Yoomi to follow him.

Yoomi took one last glance at Myungsoo and Heajung, sighed, and followed Gikwang back to shore. 


 

Yup, they went to the beach. I bet that you guys totally expected that. Anyways, I hope that you guys liked that chapter and have a great weekend~^^