Payback

An Inventor's Mistake

"So we call ourselves Infinite, cool huh," Dongwoo said as he smiled brightly.

"Yeah, that's really cool. I love how you guys use math in your group name," Yoomi replied with an equally bright smile.

"Wait a minute," Sungjong said as he suddenly stopped walking. "Why are we walking to Myungsoo's house? We're suppose to walk Yoomi to her house." Sungjong looked confused as he looked around the neighborhood.

"No, it's okay. I'm staying with Myungsoo in his house," Yoomi said.

All of the members widened their eyes in shock. "WHAT! YOU'RE LIVING WITH HIM!" they all said in sync. Yoomi slowly nodded her head. They then turned their heads towards Myungsoo who was in his own world and was completely oblivious to what was happening.

"Ahem, Myungsoo," Sungjong said as he tried to get Myungsoo's attention. Myungsoo snapped out of his daze and turned towards him. "What?" he asked. "WHY ARE YOU LIVING WITH YOOMI?!" Sungjong yelled.

Myungsoo covered the ear that Sungjong yelled into. "How did you find out that we live together?" he asked, still covering his ear.

"Look around, we're in your neighborhood, in front of your house," Sungjong replied. "And Yoomi also said that she lives in the same house as you!"

"She did?!" Myungsoo exclaimed. He looked over at Yoomi and saw her quickly look away. She looked around, trying to look like she was doing something else and avoided eye contact with him. "Song Yoomi," he said to himself frustratedly. He turned back to Sungjong and said, "I guess she did, but it's not like she's living with a stranger. Like I said, we're close friends and friends are supposed to help each other during times of need, so if I see that my friend needs a home, I should help them."

After listening to Myungsoo's long spech, the members nodded in agreement. "I guess you're right, friends need to help each other," Sunggyu said. "But Yoomi, if Myungsoo ever does anything bad to you, then you can come to us. We'll make sure to beat him up," Sunggyu said to Yoomi with a smile. Yoomi happily nodded as she returned the smile.

Myungsoo felt a shiver down his spine. "How can he say something like that with a smile. It makes him look even creepier," Myungsoo said as he shivered.

"I heard that, Myungsoo!" Sunggyu yelled. "Anyways, we'll make sure that we'll beat him up if he ever does something bad to you so tell us if he does," he said as he gave her a brotherly smile. "And we have to go now so I guess we'll see you next week." They waved at Yoomi as they said their goodbyes and walked away.

"And they didn't even say goodbye to me. I can't believe that they treat a friend of 4 years this way," Myungsoo said as he shook his head disapprovingly. "Anyways, let's go in." They went in and Myungsoo went straight to the couch. "Finally, I get to relax," he said as he laid down and hugged a pillow. He closed his eyes and was about to fall asleep when he felt someone poke his cheek. He opened his eyes and saw Yoomi's face 3 inches away from his. He jumped back in surprise and felt his heart beat rapidly.

"Yah, what are you doing! I almost had a heart attack!" Myungsoo said as he clenched his heart.

"Sorry, I just wanted to ask for a favor," Yoomi said with an apologetic smile.

"What is it?" Myungsoo said as he sat up.

"Well, the tuition fee and the cost of the uniform were a lot. Not to mention the cost of the materials that I needed for school," Yoomi said. "After paying for all of that I ended up with only this much." She took out something from her pocket and showed it to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo looked at it and saw that it was a 10 won coin. "So what you're saying is that you only have that much left and you want me to give you money to buy materials that you need to fix your machine?" he said as he raised an eyebrow. Yoomi nodded sheepishly. "So, can you do that?" she asked.

Myungsoo thought about it for a moment. "Sure," he replied. Yoomi happily smiled as she held out her hand, waiting for him to give the money. "But I'm coming with you to buy them," he said.

Yoomi's smile didn't falter as she got up. "Really?! Then let's go now!" she said excitedly.

Myungsoo didn't get up. "Not today," he said as he lied back down. "I'm feeling lazy today so we go tomorrow." He continued to hug his pillow as he closed his eyes.

"But I want to go now," Yoomi whined as she pouted. Myungsoo didn't budge. "Please Myungsoo." She crouched down next to him and continued to poke his cheek. He still wasn't moving. Yoomi frowned. "Could it be that he's asleep?" She checked to see if he was sleeping or not and it turned out that he was. "How can a person fall asleep that fast?" Yoomi asked herself. She fell back as she gave up.

"I guess I'll just have to go tomorrow, but you're so going to pay for making me wait," she said as she pouted. She stared at Myungsoo's sleeping face for a while. Then suddenly an idea came to her head. She got up and went to get something and started her revenge. When she was finished, she sat down in satisfaction. "I wonder what Myungsoo's reaction would be like once he sees what I've done," she said as she had on a mischievous smile.


Myungsoo woke up from his nap and got up. He rubbed his eyes as he looked around and saw Yoomi sitting on the ground, watching t.v. Yoomi saw him move from the corner of her eye and turned towards him. "You're finally awake," she said.

Myungsoo was still in a daze since he just woke up. "How long was I sleeping?" he asked.

"Only for an hour," Yoomi replied as she turned back to the t.v.

Myungsoo stood up and went to the bathroom. He was going to splash his face with water to fully wake himself up. As he went in and stood in front of the mirror, his eyes widened as he saw himself. There was a mustache and beard drawn on him with a black marker. It was accompanied by a monocle drawn on his right eye and a drawn on unibrow. There were also the words lazy written on both of his cheeks.

"SONG YOOMI!!!" he yelled in anger.