Who is the Most Handsome?

An Inventor's Mistake

~The next day~

"Alright class, it's finally test time!" Mr.Yong said merrily. "I'm betting that all of you already studied right?" He passed the test around while the students groaned. 

"You guys know what to do before taking a test," he said. The students knew what he was talking about and moved all of their desks apart. If they were not testing then each desk was arranged so that 2 people would sit right next to each other which makes it easier for them to cheat. 

Yoomi looked over at Myungsoo and saw him with a pale face. *Why does he look like that? Is he sick?* She decided to not look into it since they were about to take a test. Once they were all done moving their desks, they began the test.

Myungsoo grew flustered as soon as he saw the first page. *Oh no, I don't know any of the answers,* he thought. He decided to skip the ones that he didn't know, but it turned out that he skipped every question except for the one that asked for his name. He ruffled his hair in frustration. *I'm going to fail again!*

On the other side, Yoomi leisurely took the test. Before she knew it, she already finished the whole thing. *Wha-, that's it?!* she thought surprised. She looked through all of the pages to see if there were more questions. *Wow, it was shorter than I had expected.* She flipped the test over so that the back was facing up. 

She looked around and saw everyone else still taking the test. She then looked to her left and saw Myungsoo with one hand on his head and the other holding his pencil. It looked like he was concentrating very hard. *Does he not know the answer, it looks like he was staring at the question for quite a long time.* She quickly pushed the thought away since she couldn't do anything to help him. 

She turned towards the front and saw Mr.Yong reading a book. She looked even closer and saw how his eyes were looking at one place. Usually when you read a book, your eyes would follow the words on the page, but he was definitely not doing that. She then saw light reflecting off his eyes and even though it was in broad daylight, she still faintly saw it. *Oh, he's watching a video on his phone,* she thought while nodding in understanding.

She knew that it meant that he expected the students to take a rather long time to finish the test, so she decided to daydream. 1 hour and 32 minutes later, most of the students were done. "Alright class, there is 5 minutes left. Take this time to finish up and go over your answers," Mr.Yong said.

Myungsoo panicked. *Oh no, what do I do. I'm not even halfway there yet!* He became more anxious as time went by. *Ah, I give up. I don't have enough time for this, I'm just going to pick C for everything!* He quickly bubbled in C for the rest of the questions and was done right before Mr.Yong made the announcement.

"Time's up, stop what you're doing," Mr.Yong said. He went around and collected all of the tests. Once he was done, he stacked them into a neat pile and said, "That's it for today, you can just socialize or read a book for the rest of class. I have somewhere to go right now so I'm trusting you guys to behave." 

"Yes, Mr.Yong~," the students replied. Mr.Yong smiled and stepped out of class. 

As soon as he left, all of the students pulled their desks back together and went to talk to their friends. Yoomi pulled her desk back next to Myungsoo and looked over at him. She saw him with his head down in his arms. "Myungsoo, are you okay?" she asked.

He put a thumbs up while still burying his head in his arms. "Myungsoo, are you sick or something?" she asked again. 

"No," he replied.

"Then why are you laying your head on your desk like that?" she asked.

"It's nothing," he replied without moving. 

Yoomi furrowed her eyebrows. She tried to remember the cause that made him act this way. *So right when Mr.Yong announced the test, I saw his face become pale. Then I saw how frustrated he looked while taking it,* she thought. She knew exactly why he was acting that way now. 

"Myungsoo, was the test hard?" she asked. She knew that asking him this would only make his mood worst, but she wanted to know if her reasoning was correct.

Myungsoo didn't respond. "Was it really hard?" she asked again. 

Myungsoo finally lifted his head up and looked at her. "Yes," he replied. "Why do you keep asking me that?"

Yoomi saw how annoyed he looked. "Um, it's because I saw you struggling while taking it," she answered hesitantly.

Myungsoo sighed. "Yes, it was hard. I barely even finished it," he said. 

"Oh, is that so," she said. "Maybe we should've studied with Sungyeol and the others. Didn't you say that they went to the library to study a few days ago?"

"Yeah," he replied. 

"Then why didn't you want to study with them?" Yoomi asked. "They can help you out with questions that you don't know." 

Myungsoo looked at her. *It's not like I can tell you that I wanted to spend time with you away from them,* he thought. "Trust me, those idiots wouldn't be able to help me with anything."

Yoomi thought for a moment. "Then how about me? I'm pretty sure that I can help you. If you want then I can try to tutor you," she said. 

Myungsoo perked up when he heard her suggestion. "Really, you want to tutor me?" he asked. Yoomi nodded in response. *Yes, I knew that it was a good idea to reject those idiots when they asked for Yoomi to come.* He turned around and had a silent celebration. 

Yoomi, seeing him turn around and facing his back to her, thought that he didn't like the idea. "If you don't like the idea then I get it," she said. 

The moment Myungsoo heard her sentence, he immediately faced her with wide eyes. "No," he quickly said. "I like the idea. Let's go with it."

Yoomi smiled. "Great, I can start tutoring you when we have a test," she said. 

Myungsoo's shoulders dropped. "But can't you start tutoring me now?" he asked.

"But there aren't any tests coming up," Yoomi replied. "Once there's another big and important test, I'll make sure to help you study as much as I can." 

"But can't you tutor me on the test that we took today? You have an eidetic memory so you should be able to remember all of the questions," he said.

"But I can only help you when I know what you answered wrong," she replied. "Once the test is graded, I'll help you on everything that you got wrong, but I'm happy that you care so much for your grade."

Myungsoo was disappointed and laid his head back onto his desk. *I wish that there would be another big test coming up,* he thought while pouting.

All of a sudden, the door slid open and Mr.Yong came back in. "I'm sorry class, but I forgot something," he said. He brought in a pile of packets and stood in front of the room. "I know it's sudden, but your exam is coming up. Here are the packets that will help you study for it," he said while passing out the packets. "You guys have to complete it and we'll check over it in a few weeks." All of the students groaned as they got their packets.

"And not only does it have math, but it also has other subjects such as science and English," Mr.Yong continued. The students groaned even more. "Now, now, there's no need to groan. I know that it's a lot of work, but this exam is 50% of your whole grade so good luck. Also if you want to be in the top 50 list and make your parents proud, I suggest that you give it your all into studying."

Myungsoo sat there, staring at his packet in surprise. *So the one time that I wish for an exam to come up, it actually comes true?* he thought in disbelief. *I wished for a puppy for 10 straight years and my parents still won't let me have one! I don't know if I should be happy or feel scammed.*

"Wow Myungsoo, I guess that I'll actually have to tutor you now," Yoomi said while flipping through the book. 

Myungsoo looked over at her. He saw how her lips would slightly move when reading the questions and how concentrated she was. A small smile formed on his lips as he watched her. *I guess that I should be happy,* he thought.

On the other hand, Heajung, who was a few rows in front of them, looked at Yoomi in jealousy. "Heol," she said. "Look at Myungsoo staring at her like that." She angrily glared daggers at Yoomi, but Yoomi didn't notice it at all. 

"Yah, Heajung," Haeun said. "You should worry about that later, right now we have a packet to do."

Heajung turned around and slumped back in her seat. "First I have to worry about that girl stealing my oppa and now this!" she said as she flipped through the many pages of the packet with one hand.

"I know it's hard, but we have to do it," Haeun said.

Heajung pouted. "But I don't want to do it," she whined. She then turned around to get another glimpse at Myungsoo. When she saw him, she felt her heart beating faster and a smile automatically grew on her face. "Wah, look at him," she said dreamily. "He's so handsome when he's concentrating." She continued to daydream until Myungsoo looked over and asked Yoomi for help.

A frown instantly formed on her face as she watched their interaction. "Aish that Song Yoomi, she always gets in the way!" she said angrily. While watching them, she saw how Yoomi was easily answering everything in the packet and a plan came to her mind. 

"Hey Haeun, you don't want to finish your packet either right?" Heajung asked. 

"Of course not," Haeun said with a sigh.

Heajung instantly stood up and grabbed both of their packets. She walked over to Myungsoo's and Yoomi's desks and stood in front of them. "Hi Yoomi~, hi Myungsoo oppa~" she said while waving at them with a bright smile. 

Myungsoo frowned once he saw her. "What do you want?" he asked irritated. 

"I just want Yoomi to help me with a few questions, that's all," she said, still smiling. 

"Oh really, then I'll be glad to help you," Yoomi said kindly.

Myungsoo looked at her with a 'are you crazy look' on his face. "Why would you want to help her," he whispered. "After what she had done to you, she deserves to fail this exam!"

"But we already got back at her and we should always help when somebody asks for it. Besides, she might have changed," Yoomi whispered.

"Seriously, you of all people think that people can change that quickly?! I know for sure that people cannot change that fast!" he whispered back.

"But we should always give second chances," she whispered. 

Myungsoo was about to say something, but got interrupted by Heajung. "Um, are you going to help me now?" she said.

Yoomi looked at her with a friendly smile. "Of course," she said. "Take a seat, I can help you with anything you want." 

"Really? Yay!" Heajung said as she clapped happily.

Myungsoo scoffed as he watched her. *She's so fake,* he thought in his mind.

"But can I sit with you on your seat? I think it would help me pay attention to you better," Heajung said.

"Sure," Yoomi replied without hesitation. 

"Thanks," Heajung said with a bright smile. Yoomi scooted over and expected for her to sit there, but Heajung squeezed past her and sat in-between her and Myungsoo while pushing her over to the other side of the seat. Luckily, Yoomi caught herself just before she fell, but had a hard time sitting since Heajung took all of the space. Not even half of her was on the seat. 

"Heajung, if you wouldn't mind then can I go and get-"

"Yes," Heajung interrupted. "You can take another seat and pull it over if you want." She then turned back over to Myungsoo and used her hip to push Yoomi off of the rest of the seat.

"Oof," Yoomi said as she felt the hard, cold ground on her hands. 

"Yoomi, are you okay?" Myungsoo asked worriedly while standing up to look at her. 

"Yeah, I'm o-"

"She's okay oppa," Heajung said as she also stood up. She completely blocked his vision of Yoomi. "Let's just go back to studying." She gestured for him to sit back down, but he wouldn't sit until he saw that Yoomi wasn't hurt.

"Yeah, I'm okay," Yoomi said while standing up. She dusted her uniform off and said, "I guess that I'm just clumsy today to fall off my chair like that," she said with a goofy smile.

"Yah, it's dangerous for you to fall like that. You could've hit your head," Myungsoo nagged.

"It's fine, it's fine," Yoomi said reassuringly. "I didn't hurt myself at all." She then went over and pulled a chair back to the table before sitting on it. "So let's start on your questions," she said, still smiling. Myungsoo decided to sit back down since she wouldn't listen to him anyway.

"Um, I don't know how to do... this one," Heajung said as she pointed at a random question. 

"Oh this is easy, you just divide 3 into 6 and..." Yoomi continued to show each step of the problem while explaining the best that she could.

Heajung didn't listen at all and continued to stare at Myungsoo. This continued until the class ended and Yoomi already explained 18 problems to her. Once the bell rang for the end of school, all of the students quickly packed up and stormed out of the classroom.

"So do you understand everything now?" Yoomi asked.

Heajung snapped out of her daze. "U-uh yeah, I did," she said.

Yoomi smiled."That's great then," she said.

"But can you do the rest for me? I don't understand them," Heajung said while giving Yoomi her packet.

"B-"

"Thanks," Heajung said, leaving her book behind on Yoomi's desk. Before she left the classroom, she turned around and said, "Oh, and the other one is Haeun's packet. Thanks for also finishing hers." She flashed a smile and waved her fingers before leaving.

Yoomi stared at the packets in disbelief. "Wah, that girl really," Myungsoo said annoyed. "She really thinks that you'll finish the packet for her." He stood up and grabbed the packets, but before he could go out and throw them right into Heajung's face, he felt a hand hold him back.

"It's okay," Yoomi said. "I can finish them."

Myungsoo looked at her bewildered. "Why in the world would you do that? Just let me give these back to them and-"

"No really, it's fine," Yoomi interrupted. "Besides, I already finished my packet. I can always finish another one. If you want then I can also finish yours."

Myungsoo stared at her. "Yoomi, you don't have to," he said.

"But I want to." She took the two packets out of his hands and sat back down. She then opened them and got started on the questions. 

Myungsoo watched her every movement. *Why is she finishing it for them?* he thought. He then sat down next to her and stayed with her as she did the packets.


 

"I'm finally done," Yoomi said as she stretched. 

"Already?," Myungsoo asked, amazed. He was nowhere close to finishing his packet and was astonished that Yoomi finished 2 of them in only 40 minutes, and also her own packet that she finished a long time ago. Not to mention that she helped him whenever it looked like he was stuck on a question. "How did you finish them so fast?" 

"I don't know, it just happened to be that way," Yoomi said. She then laid her head on her desk. "But why do I feel so tired now?"

Myungsoo looked at her amusedly. "Of course you feel that way. You just finished 3 packets by yourself," he said. He went back to work and continued onto the next problem. 

Yoomi closed her eyes and took a break. "I'm never doing that again," she mumbled. 

"Then why did you agree to do that in the first place?" Myungsoo asked, not straying his eyes from the problem that he was working on. 

"It's because I wanted to be nice," Yoomi replied.

Myungsoo looked at her in disbelief. "You still want to be nice even after what they've done to you?" he asked.

"Well, we already got our revenge and who knows, maybe they'll change," she answered.

Myungsoo still couldn't understand why she thinks that Heajung could change that quickly. "Whatever you say," he said, turning back to his packet. 20 minutes later, Myungsoo was halfway through the packet. He decided to stop there since his brain was starting to hurt. 

"It should be a crime to make 18 year olds do this much work," he said while leaning back in his chair and stretching. He then looked over at Yoomi and saw that her eyes were closed. Her head was lying still on her arms and her breathing was even. "She's already asleep?" he asked himself. 

He waved his hand in front of her face a few times, but Yoomi didn't even twitch. "Guess she is," he said. A smile grew on his face as he stared at her. "She must be tired from finishing those packets," he said. 

He laid his head down on his arms and faced her while watching her peaceful sleeping face with a gentle smile. "If you knew that I was watching you sleep like this, you might think that I'm creepy," he said in a soft voice. He continued staring at her until he fell asleep as well. 


 

"I can't believe that you didn't wake me up sooner!" Yoomi said. 

"Sorry, but I fell asleep as well," Myungsoo said. "But why do you want to go home so fast anyway?"

They were finally walking home and it was already evening. 

"It's because I wanted to work on my machine. It's already 1/4 completed so I have to keep working on it until it's fully finished," Yoomi replied. 

Myungsoo felt a weird feeling in his chest. He didn't want Yoomi to finish her machine that fast. There were still so many things that he wanted to do with her. "But aren't you suppose to help me study for my exam today?" he asked. "You didn't forget again, did you?"

Yoomi shook her head. "Of course not," she replied. "I'll help you with the questions that you don't understand so you can ask me for help on any of them, but when you don't have any questions then I will work on my machine. That's killing two birds with one stone."

"But I don't understand any of them though," Myungsoo said. "So you have to help me with the whole packet." He was determined to prevent her from working on her machine tonight. 

"But I saw you working on them just fine," Yoomi said. 

"Remember the test that we took? I didn't even understand a single question that they asked me," he said. "Do you actually want to see me fail? You can always work on your machine another time and help me study for a few weeks, but you picked your machine over me. Are you actually going to be that selfish and not help me? Do you wa-"

"Okay fine," Yoomi said giving in. If she doesn't stop him now, she might have to listen to an hour long speech. "I'll help you with everything."

Myungsoo happily smiled. *Yes, she finally gave in!* he thought.

While walking, he suddenly remembered something. "Yoomi, can I see your phone?" he asked.

"Why?" she asked.

"I need to do something on it," he replied.

Yoomi took her phone out and gave it to him. "What are you going to do with it?" she asked curiously.

"Just something that I forgot to do before," he said. He took the phone and easily unlocked it since it didn't have a password yet. He started typing on it before giving it back. 

Yoomi looked at her phone in her hand, feeling puzzled. "What did you do to it?" she asked.

"I just saved my number," he said.

"Really?" Yoomi asked. She unlocked it and looked for Myungsoo's name, which shouldn't be hard since she didn't have any other contacts. "Myungsoo, I can't find your name. There's only one contact that says 'my handsome oppa'," she said. 

Myungsoo chuckled. "Yoomi, that's my contact," he said. 

Yoomi looked at him confused. "But why did you put your name as 'my handsome oppa'?" she asked.

"It's because I'm handsome, and I'm older than you," he replied.

"Well, you are older than me but...," she started to say.

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. "Are you saying that I'm not handsome?" he asked.

Yoomi had on a playful look. "Let's just say that I think Sungyeol is more handsome than you," she said. 

Myungsoo's jaw dropped. "Sungyeol? How is he more handsome than me!" he said. "All of the girls think I'm better than him in terms of looks!"

"Well, not all of the girls," she said teasingly. "I personally think that Sungyeol is the most handsome." She then stuck her tongue out at him and quickly ran away.

Myungsoo stood there, stunned. "Sungyeol? She seriously thinks that Sungyeol is more handsome than me?" he asked himself in disbelief. "Yah, come back here and say that I'm the most handsome!" he yelled.

"Sorry, but I'm going to stick with my opinion," she said with a playful smile. "It's going to take a million years for me to say that you're more handsome than him." She stuck her tongue out at him again before running away.

"Yah, come back here and say that I'm handsome!" he yelled before chasing after her.


 

Well, I feel like the fluff is coming real soon. *devilish smile* 

Also thank you guys for subscribing to my story and also keybha for upvoting! ^-^ You guys are the best! *throws hearts*

And let's celebrate since it's the weekend. I hope that you have an amazing weekend. :)